Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617 LastLast

Thread: BoThSiDeS...the Holocaust?

1. #211 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,176 Times in 7,089 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,196 Times in 1,111 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    Gee, our resident BoThSidEriStS are very silent on this bothsidesing...

Southlake school leader tells teachers to balance Holocaust books with 'opposing' views
    https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...hools-rcna2965

I guess Flash, Cawacko, Dutch Uncle love this shit since it's a call to present both sides.

Flash is most happy because he thinks that the Nazi side of the Holocaust is legitimate and worth hearing.

Both sides, right?
    I don't think we will have to worry too much about the school Administrations approving such a crazy idea as educating the students on Nazi Ideology from a Nazi viewpoint!

And even if they allowed it, students of all ages would immediately reject the Nazi ideology and identify it as something horrid and evil.

I'm sure every 6th grader already associates the Nazis as a terrible and extremely horrible idea. 6th graders are smarter than some people think. They know something wrong when they see it.

There is just no way to make Nazi-ism something positive in a child's mind, no matter how one might try to sugar-coat it.

So this was a Brain-Fart from the get go!
    Last edited by Geeko Sportivo; 10-19-2021 at 07:06 PM.

2. #212 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,360 Times in 14,088 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    Agreed. And we must keep a free and open society so the public can see what those groups really stand for. Trying to keep their activities hidden allows them to deceive regarding their true intentions.

I had a student visit me who had some literature from the KKK and had attended a meeting. She was convinced they only wanted to defend the white race and did not hate others. Only when I showed her some of their other literature and goals did she have a different view.
    Minister Farrakhan is an interesting one to me. The left-wing SPC calls him and the NOI a hate group for their anti-Semitism, homophobia etc. Yet I have (black) friends that post Farrakhan messages regularly on social media because he stands for black power, self knowledge, etc. etc.

I'm not comparing Farrakhan to anyone else but when it comes to the idea of banning ideas and people it's an interesting case study.

3. #213 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,657 Times in 4,437 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 184 Times in 180 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    Minister Farrakhan is an interesting one to me. The left-wing SPC calls him and the NOI a hate group for their anti-Semitism, homophobia etc. Yet I have (black) friends that post Farrakhan messages regularly on social media because he stands for black power, self knowledge, etc. etc.

I'm not comparing Farrakhan to anyone else but when it comes to the idea of banning ideas and people it's an interesting case study.
    I never hear anything about Farrrakhan any more. He seems relegated to the sidelines like Jesse or Sharpton who just stand along others in the background at large events.

4. #214 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I never hear anything about Farrrakhan any more. He seems relegated to the sidelines like Jesse or Sharpton who just stand along others in the background at large events.
    He’s almost 90 I believe so yeah, you don’t hear much about him nationally anymore. But I’m from Oakland, the home of the Black Panthers, so there is a definite audience here for people like Farrahkhan who preach black empowerment and uplift. And thus I come across it on occasion when friends post his material. Its so interesting to see and hear the various viewpoints on it

5. #215 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Agreed. And we must keep a free and open society so the public can see what those groups really stand for. Trying to keep their activities hidden allows them to deceive regarding their true intentions.

I had a student visit me who had some literature from the KKK and had attended a meeting. She was convinced they only wanted to defend the white race and did not hate others. Only when I showed her some of their other literature and goals did she have a different view.
    You’re in academia. You see the battles that occur. I grew up spending lots of time on the Cal Berkeley campus, home of the free speech movement which they are very proud of. Could you imagine that today? Darn near the opposite.

6. #216 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,408 Times in 10,038 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

Shorter Flash and Cawacko:

When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist

7. #217 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Geeko Sportivo View Post
    I don't think we will have to worry too much about the school Administrations approving such a crazy idea as educating the students on Nazi Ideology from a Nazi viewpoint!
    Had this not blown up on the internet, what do you think would have happened?

Like, had no one released this audio, do you believe teachers in Texas would have presented the Nazi viewpoint? Because it sure sounds like it to me.

8. #218 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

And even if they allowed it, students of all ages would immediately reject the Nazi ideology and identify it as something horrid and evil.
    Are you sure? Because kids take their cues from their parents, largely.

9. #219 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I'm sure every 6th grader already associates the Nazis as a terrible and extremely horrible idea
    Are you sure? Because they can just look at their parents who stormed the Capitol and not associate Nazism with anything bad.

10. #220 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

There is just no way to make Nazi-ism something positive in a child's mind, no matter how one might try to sugar-coat it.
    So...the Hitler Youth were just imaginary?

11. #221 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Thanks, I have no sympathy for Nazis.
    Except that you do; you defend them, you read their writings for no reason, you equate them with liberals to draw a false equivalence, and you diminish the Holocaust by whatabouting to Soviet Russia....and you did all of that ON THIS THREAD.

That's Nazi sympathizing, Flash...quite literally.

12. #222 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

He even advocates the murder of those violating the law like in the case of those ranchers who occupied federal land.
    ILLEGALLY occupied federal land and then THREATENED the federal government with force.

We've droned Americans overseas for less.

13. #223 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

He is a pretend liberal but in reality is a fascist who has no toleration for the rights and freedom of others.
    Your rights end where my existence begins.

And you're right...I don't tolerate Conservatism because I know it is a racist, bigoted ideology, just as William F. Buckley wrote.

He is a big phony for suggesting free speech makes a person a Nazi sympathizer.
    No, equating and elevating Nazis is what makes you a Nazi sympathizer, Flash.

14. #224 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

LV426: LV426: As far as I'm concerned, every single Conservative is a ticking bomb.
    OK, so how is that advocating the murder of anyone?

Also, it's completely true...and we know it's true because we watched it happen with our own two eyes on January 6th.

15. #225 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

LV426: No Conservative can be allowed a voice after this shit.
    So how is that advocating for the murder of anyone?

LV426: They must be marginalized, and we must have a second Reconstruction to eliminate their political power.
    So how is that advocating the murder of anyone?

LV426: DIE.
    Who was this to and what was the context? You don't link to any of these quotes. That's weird. It's almost as if you're ripping them out of context to make a false point, which is one of your bad habits.

LV426: Seriously, fucking die.
    Same question.

LV426: I hope you overdose on opioids and I hope your family finds your rotten, bloated corpse.
    Same question.

Being an asshole is different than being a fascist, Flash.

LV426: Literally, Conservative militias and lawmakers threatened violence and showed up armed to occupy the state house in Oregon.
    What does this quote prove, Flash?

LV426: I say forget arresting them and dragging them to do their jobs; just fucking shoot on sight. They're terrorists and have made it clear they will hire brownshirts.
    What is the context of this quote? Is it about the Bundy clan who illegally occupied federal land and then threatened federal agents?

We've droned Americans overseas for far less.

LV426: I say call their bluffs. Open fire. Kill 'em all. Conservatives have made it clear they would rather blow up the country than adhere to democratic norms. So give them what they want and fucking end them.
    How is giving them what they want me advocating for murder?

LV426: Instead of backing down, I think these governors and mayors and politicians should call their bluff and BLAST THEIR TRAITOROUS ASSES TO KINGDOM COME.
    We have droned people overseas for far less than what the Bundy Clan did and threatened.

Your favorite cops killed people here for far less.