Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: So Kaepernick can be anti-white but Gruden CANNOT be anti-black.??

1. #61 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,633 Times in 51,921 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,506 Times in 2,463 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    "Both are out of touch with the times"

Republicans are bringing back the 1950's, and Democrats are doing what exactly?

The Supreme Court ended the Voting Rights Act.

And you fault Democrats for attempting to claw back voting rights?
    Agreed about the Republicans. The Democrats still think it's the 1960s and fighting for the Civil Rights Act. They are failing to recognize two things:

1. The US is not only becoming increasingly racially diverse, but mixed race. Democrats want to keep their racial politics, literally, Black and White.

2. The study of genetics has proved there are not "races". As such, being "black" or "white" in America is about culture, not genetics. Still, the Democrats portray it as a race thing, meaning "not their choice" genetics thing, not a lifestyle choice thing. Kap chose to be "black". He was raised a middle class "white" kid. Democrats support this ideology.

God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

anonymoose (10-15-2021)

3. #62 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,740 Times in 14,334 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,387 Times in 1,305 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    Agreed about the Republicans. The Democrats still think it's the 1960s and fighting for the Civil Rights Act. They are failing to recognize two things:

1. The US is not only becoming increasingly racially diverse, but mixed race. Democrats want to keep their racial politics, literally, Black and White.

2. The study of genetics has proved there are not "races". As such, being "black" or "white" in America is about culture, not genetics. Still, the Democrats portray it as a race thing, meaning "not their choice" genetics thing, not a lifestyle choice thing. Kap chose to be "black". He was raised a middle class "white" kid. Democrats support this ideology.

Kap isn't black.

Republicans see anyone non white as 'black'. Skin color doesn't matter. They are suppressing votes in non white districts. Democrats are again fighting the same fights that were necessary in the sixties, because it IS necessary now.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

4. #63 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Kap isn't black.

Republicans see anyone non white as 'black'. Skin color doesn't matter. They are suppressing votes in non white districts. Democrats are again fighting the same fights that were necessary in the sixties, because it IS necessary now.
    Exactly.

Republicans today believe the election was stolen. Agreed they are actively disenfranchising Americans.

Nothing you said refutes my point that Democrats are still racists who see Americans by the color of their skin, not the content of their character.

5. #64 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,131 Times in 9,660 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 504 Times in 477 Posts
    Blog Entries

Exactly.

Republicans today believe the election was stolen. Agreed they are actively disenfranchising Americans.

Nothing you said refutes my point that Democrats are still racists who see Americans by the color of their skin, not the content of their character.
    voter id isn't disenfranchisement.

documented chain of custody isn't disenfranchisement.

get off the lies, moral leper.

6. #65 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,740 Times in 14,334 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,387 Times in 1,305 Posts

Exactly.

Or are they just representing them? Isn't everyone supposed to have representation?

Do you think that anyone really believes that big lie about the election, or are they just fundraising?
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

7. #66 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Or are they just representing them? Isn't everyone supposed to have representation?

Do you think that anyone really believes that big lie about the election, or are they just fundraising?
    Attacking someone based on race is divisive and only represents a fraction of the whole.

Anyone who uses words like "white privilege" is as big of a fucking racist as someone who used any other racial epithets.

Do you think the meme below is racist? Why? Why not?

Not sure what you are asking, but the "Big Lie" is a big lie. Anyone who supports it is an idiot or a liar.

8. #67 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,822 Times in 1,527 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 73 Times in 73 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Text Drivers are Killers View Post
    More hypocrisy from the NFL and the state media - aka tv networks. They cheer racist kappy and crucify racist gruden.
    YES THE DEMOCRATS HAVE A FINE DOUBLE STAND IN PLACE AND ALWAYS WILL

9. #68 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,362 Times in 14,089 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

ITT Kaep has been called white and non-black. Traditionally in America anyone with a black father has been called black. Is there something unique about Kaep that makes him an exception?

10. #69 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    ITT Kaep has been called white and non-black. Traditionally in America anyone with a black father has been called black. Is there something unique about Kaep that makes him an exception?
    Traditionally Presidents respected the Constitution and conceded an election when they lost.

Geneticists have proved there are no races. This can be mostly clearly seen in organ matching.

11. #70 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,395 Times in 3,338 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,121 Times in 1,030 Posts

It tells you something when opposition to race discrimination is seen as "anti-white".
    "Give pearls away and rubies but keep your fancy free."

12. #71 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Traditionally Presidents respected the Constitution and conceded an election when they lost.

Geneticists have proved there are no races. This can be mostly clearly seen in organ matching.
    I’m probably missing something but I have no idea what you first paragraph has to do with Kaepernick’s race or how America views (racially) bi-racial children.

There may not be race according to geneticists but as long as we check boxes there is race in America. My niece and nephew are the same as Kaepernick, they have a black father. I’ve never heard them referred to as anything but black. Hence my curiosity about Kaepernick being called white and not black.

13. #72 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    I’m probably missing something but I have no idea what you first paragraph has to do with Kaepernick’s race or how America views (racially) bi-racial children.

There may not be race according to geneticists but as long as we check boxes there is race in America. My niece and nephew are the same as Kaepernick, they have a black father. I’ve never heard them referred to as anything but black. Hence my curiosity about Kaepernick being called white and not black.
    I was pointing out the error of using "traditional" as an excuse to continue a behavior.

Those race boxes are a hold over from pre-genetics days and US law. It literally takes an act of Congress to change them and, I think we can agree here, Congress is more fucked up than a monkey with a football bat.

Do you agree that being "white" or "black" is more a matter of cultural choice than genetics?

14. #73 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by martin View Post
    It tells you something when opposition to race discrimination is seen as "anti-white".
    Correct, but clearly that's how racists on both sides are using it.

Do you think accusing a person of "white privilege" is racist? What if you accused them of "black privilege"? Would that be the same or is that "different"?

IMHO, our society is seeing more finger-pointing and blaming than it is in fixing social ills. Yes, the Republicans are completely fucking useless when it comes to fixing social ills. Therefore it's left up to the Democrats.

As stated earlier, I think the Democrats are still fighting like it was 1968, not 2021, because their solutions are racist; meaning geared to what a person declares on an outdated form asking for "race".

15. #74 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I was pointing out the error of using "traditional" as an excuse to continue a behavior.

Those race boxes are a hold over from pre-genetics days and US law. It literally takes an act of Congress to change them and, I think we can agree here, Congress is more fucked up than a monkey with a football bat.

Do you agree that being "white" or "black" is more a matter of cultural choice than genetics?
    Look at the response to Rodney Harrison when he called Kaepernick white. No bueno.

The argument will always be it doesn’t matter what you claim if you are if you are black that is how cops will view you.

And to eliminate racial boxes would imply a colorblind society and thus denying our racist history and white privilege.

16. #75 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,395 Times in 3,338 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,121 Times in 1,030 Posts

Correct, but clearly that's how racists on both sides are using it.

Do you think accusing a person of "white privilege" is racist? What if you accused them of "black privilege"? Would that be the same or is that "different"?

IMHO, our society is seeing more finger-pointing and blaming than it is in fixing social ills. Yes, the Republicans are completely fucking useless when it comes to fixing social ills. Therefore it's left up to the Democrats.

As stated earlier, I think the Democrats are still fighting like it was 1968, not 2021, because their solutions are racist; meaning geared to what a person declares on an outdated form asking for "race".
    There is both but they mean different things.

White privilege is ingrained. Black privilege is artificial. Historically, white citizens enjoyed privileged status in most aspects of American life underlined by long held belief in racial superiority which whites now often deny while continuing to believe. The purpose of affirmative action, minority employment, etc. have been forced efforts to cut into the outward projections of that racism, so are in a sense a superficial privilege themselves.

Yeah, I agree with your comments on "useless" Republicans.
    "Give pearls away and rubies but keep your fancy free."

17. The Following User Says Thank You to martin For This Post:

Doc Dutch (10-16-2021)