1. #136 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello guno,

Quote Originally Posted by guno View Post
    Rob Skiba, an influential figure in flat earth and Christian circles, has died of COVID-19, colleagues announced on Thursday. He had been fighting the virus since at least late August, when he began exhibiting symptoms after “Take On The World,” a biblical flat earth conference. “He has been sick since coming back from TOTW,” a Facebook friend posted in early September, adding that Skiba had been hospitalized for low oxygen levels. One of the country’s most prominent advocates of Flat Earth Theory, Skiba was also skeptical of COVID-19 vaccines and some of the illness’ treatments. On the first day of the Take On The World conference, Skiba authored a Facebook post suggesting that the COVID-19 vaccines were dangerous.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/flat-e...es-of-covid-19
    He found out what was more dangerous.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

domer76 (10-22-2021), ThatOwlWoman (10-22-2021)

3. #137 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,986 Times in 3,359 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 636 Times in 604 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Stretch View Post
    Hypocrites. You guys used to drone on because even just ONE death was unacceptable due to Covid. You all had to have ZERO infections/deaths to be satisfied.
    But, you want to go full throttle on a useless jab no matter how many lives are ruined or lost. Hypocrites.
    When did I say one death was unacceptable? Your straw man isn't really much of an argument. Did it make you feel good to kick the heck out of it? It certainly didn't make you look smart by doing it.

Your claims about the vaccine causing deaths is specious and unsupported by any facts. Because you don't like that I pointed that out using actual numbers doesn't mean your argument wasn't specious. The deaths from 380,000,000 shots is less than is to be expected in the same population that didn't get the shots. On the other hand, the deaths from those that got Covid is higher than the population in general.
    "We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."

"Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain - and most fools do."

4. #138 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

15,937. What happened to the left screaming that ONE life gone is too many?
    In 75 days we should have seen 487,500 deaths based on the average death rate in the US. The fact that you are claiming only 15,937 died within 75 days of getting the shot would mean that the vaccine saved 471,563 lives. That seems like a good thing to me.

5. #139 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,172 Times in 10,390 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,876 Times in 4,194 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Taichiliberal View Post
    A willfully ignorant and childish response. Let me educate you on something:

1. Anti-vaxxers are people who are against any and all vaccinations at any age....they are a relatively small part of the population. People who have legitimate questions and can find factual and logical flaws in the declarations of the medical powers that be (mostly contradictions in their own public released papers) are NOT against any and all vaccines. then you have the rabid anti-gov't types who are against the federal gov't in general, coupled with the "deep state" conspiracy folks, who are now actually seeing some vestiges of their paranoia come to light.

2. The Covid shots are NOT vaccines, but experimental gene therapy that artificially kick starts your immune system to respond to a SPECIFIC virus. This is why you "need" 2nd and 3rd shots within less than a year...because it's NOT fully utilizing your own immune system to deal with the dead cells of the virus and permanently create anti-bodies. Hell, I once had to get a tetnus shot for stepping on a rusty nail....didn't need another for 5 years if it happened again.

3. Kid, you want to get the shot(s), then God be with you. As for me, it would seem that it depends on which state gives you a choice....some are going the "no jab, no job" route....got to wonder how long that will last before all hell breaks loose.

And the band played on.
    ^Facebook education.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to domer76 For This Post:

Doc Dutch (10-23-2021)

7. #140 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hypocrites. You guys used to drone on because even just ONE death was unacceptable due to Covid. You all had to have ZERO infections/deaths to be satisfied.
    But, you want to go full throttle on a useless jab no matter how many lives are ruined or lost. Hypocrites.
    Liar

8. #141 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Poor Richard Saunders View Post
    When did I say one death was unacceptable? Your straw man isn't really much of an argument. Did it make you feel good to kick the heck out of it? It certainly didn't make you look smart by doing it.

Your claims about the vaccine causing deaths is specious and unsupported by any facts. Because you don't like that I pointed that out using actual numbers doesn't mean your argument wasn't specious. The deaths from 380,000,000 shots is less than is to be expected in the same population that didn't get the shots. On the other hand, the deaths from those that got Covid is higher than the population in general.
    Out of the couple hundred MILLION does of vaccines administered in this country, only three deaths can be linked to a vaccine. Those 3 were blood clots from the J&J vaccine. ZERO attributed to the others.

Yet, this idiot keeps posting graphs from VAERS to try to claim there were 15,000+ deaths from the vaccines.

It just demonstrates the massively willful, and dangerous, ignorance these people exhibit.

9. #142 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

In 75 days we should have seen 487,500 deaths based on the average death rate in the US. The fact that you are claiming only 15,937 died within 75 days of getting the shot would mean that the vaccine saved 471,563 lives. That seems like a good thing to me.
    His 15,000 deaths are REPORTED deaths to VAERS. Only 3 from the J&J have been confirmed. There is NO LINK on the remainder.

That’s been pointed out to Stretch multiple times. He is both a liar and incredibly stupid.

10. #143 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

A willfully ignorant and childish response. Let me educate you on something:

1. Anti-vaxxers are people who are against any and all vaccinations at any age....they are a relatively small part of the population. People who have legitimate questions and can find factual and logical flaws in the declarations of the medical powers that be (mostly contradictions in their own public released papers) are NOT against any and all vaccines. then you have the rabid anti-gov't types who are against the federal gov't in general, coupled with the "deep state" conspiracy folks, who are now actually seeing some vestiges of their paranoia come to light.
    All anti-vaxxers are not against all vaccinations. All anti-vaxxers claim that they are basing their opposition based on facts and/or logical flaws in the declarations of medical powers. The problem is that most of their complaints including the complaints against the Covid vaccine are not really based on facts but instead are based on cherry picked data or completely made up 'facts'.
    2. The Covid shots are NOT vaccines, but experimental gene therapy that artificially kick starts your immune system to respond to a SPECIFIC virus. This is why you "need" 2nd and 3rd shots within less than a year...because it's NOT fully utilizing your own immune system to deal with the dead cells of the virus and permanently create anti-bodies. Hell, I once had to get a tetnus shot for stepping on a rusty nail....didn't need another for 5 years if it happened again.
    This would be a good example of someone opposed to the Covid vaccine making claims as to why they are against it but their claims have no basis in reality. Gene therapy occurs when the genes of the cells are altered. No such thing occurs with any of the Covid vaccines so the argument is false. The Covid vaccines work the same way all vaccines do. It provides a way for the human body to recognize an invader and respond to it.

A virus is not a cell and doesn't have a cell structure. That is why it is a virus and not a bacteria. Not knowing how a virus works is not a valid reason to argue against the vaccine.

The ability of the body to create a lifelong response to a virus varies. It doesn't prove the vaccine is no longer a vaccine. The fact that a tetanus vaccine only lasts 5 years should make that clear to you. For you to argue that a vaccine that gives protection for 8 months is not a vaccine but one that gives protection for 5 years is a rather arbitrary argument. What time frame is required for protection before it is no longer a vaccine? The flu vaccine has less than a year of protection.

3. Kid, you want to get the shot(s), then God be with you. As for me, it would seem that it depends on which state gives you a choice....some are going the "no jab, no job" route....got to wonder how long that will last before all hell breaks loose.
    And the band played on.
    It certainly seems you aren't going to base your decision on the actual facts as you have already promoted at least 3 specious arguments.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Poor Richard Saunders For This Post:

domer76 (10-22-2021)

12. #144 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by domer76 View Post
    His 15,000 deaths are REPORTED deaths to VAERS. Only 3 from the J&J have been confirmed. There is NO LINK on the remainder.

That’s been pointed out to Stretch multiple times. He is both a liar and incredibly stupid.
    My favorite part of the VAERs reporting is the dozen 80 year old women and at least 3 men where the vaccine caused birth defects within a couple of months.

13. #145 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

My favorite part of the VAERs reporting is the dozen 80 year old women and at least 3 men where the vaccine caused birth defects within a couple of months.
    Isn’t modern medicine amazing? They will be close to 100 when their kids are in high school!

14. #146 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,572 Times in 51,893 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,506 Times in 2,463 Posts
    Blog Entries

^Facebook education.
    Insanity. I suspect the usual demographic; elderly single Euro-American male shut-in, possibly in a retirement facility.
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

15. #147 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    Insanity. I suspect the usual demographic; elderly single Euro-American male shut-in, possibly in a retirement facility.
    Possibly. One common denominator, however. Trumpers. Unable to differentiate the truth from lies.

16. #148 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,572 Times in 51,893 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,506 Times in 2,463 Posts
    Blog Entries

Possibly. One common denominator, however. Trumpers. Unable to differentiate the truth from lies.
    Which is insane. https://dictionary.law.com/Default.aspx?selected=979

Insanity. n. mental illness of such a severe nature that a person cannot distinguish fantasy from reality, cannot conduct her/his affairs due to psychosis or is subject to uncontrollable impulsive behavior.

Those poor bastards need help, not prison but all We, the People have to offer is prison so to prison they must go.
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

17. #149 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,197 Times in 1,591 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 410 Times in 377 Posts

Folk like you love to call names, parrot talking points without substantiation and squawk supposition and conjecture as if it's fact.

Here, for your education from the recent past:

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-w...es-under-wraps

https://www.forbes.com/sites/brucele...h=118d59c36993
    I said over 95% of the deaths from covid are among the unvaccinated. Read the articles you posted because they cite more than 95% of the deaths are among the unvaccinated. You must be a blithering idiot.

18. #150 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,197 Times in 1,591 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 410 Times in 377 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    It probably did not have to end that way. He thought like Trumpys and paid the ultimate price. It is sad. Trump killed hundreds of thousands of his followers with his lies.
    Well then, that's something he can be thanked for!