1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,617 Times in 21,480 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,632 Times in 5,140 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default raindrops...

Where do we go when we die..?

What is the nature of our soul, the part of us that is not our body...

I think that the human being is like a raindrop. There is formless water vapor in the atmosphere, and as conditions ripen that colorless and odorless vapor begins to condense into the form of liquid water and forms a water drop. That water drop of pure clean water has an individual form it has a several functions and it has a lifespan. The form of the waterdrop suits its function, its weight allows it to stay in the sky or drop, its shape makes it float well through the air, the mere fact of its travel nourishes the earth, allows it to pick up impurities, dilute them or concentrate them, and distribute them across the Earth and to its organisms.

Eventually that drop falls onto a River, Lake, Ocean, or is absorbed into the land, it ceases to be a drop, it no longer has an individual form, it is still water, but not in the form it was in when it was created or serving the functions of a raindrop. Its likely now a lake, river or ocean and the parts of the drop flow independently. The molecules that made the drop mix and travel and likely never connect again, yet chemically they are the same, they are still H2O. Eventually out of that larger body, a new mix of molecules of water will turn into water vapor and then a new raindrop is formed.

Water can be an individual thing with its own identity, later mix into a larger thing with a totally different identity, turn into solid ice, or water vapor, but the same raindrop will never for again.

I believe human souls are akin to water. Where does your soul go when you die? It becomes part of the larger consciousness.

18 U.S. Code § 2071 - Concealment, removal, or mutilation generally
    44 U.S.C. 2202 - The United States shall reserve and retain complete ownership, possession, and control of Presidential records; and such records shall be administered in accordance with the provisions of this chapter.

LOCK HIM UP!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Jarod For This Post:

Cypress (10-14-2021)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Nope, yes, maybe?

44 U.S.C. 2202 - The United States shall reserve and retain complete ownership, possession, and control of Presidential records; and such records shall be administered in accordance with the provisions of this chapter.

LOCK HIM UP!

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

Coach I’m hurt.

What do you want from me? I’m not a doctor.

When my kid was in pre-K he was in the same class as the granddaughter
    who owns the crematorium a block off metro. We were invited to the kids B-Day party.
    We have a issue with vermin in the area. We’re surrounded by cemeteries.

Dust and a Nail!.

5. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,536 Times in 2,978 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 107 Times in 102 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jarod View Post
    … Where does your soul go when you die? ….
    Ecclesiastes 12:7
    Then the (body) dust will return to the earth as it was, And the spirit will return to God who gave it.

Matthew 25:46
    And these (unrighteousness/disobedient) will go away into everlasting punishment, but the righteous into eternal life."

Luke 16:19-31

The Rich Man and Lazarus
    "There was a certain rich man who was clothed in purple and fine linen and fared sumptuously every day. But there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, full of sores, who was laid at his gate, desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man's table. Moreover the dogs came and licked his sores. So it was that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels to Abraham's bosom. The rich man also died and was buried. And being in torments in Hades, he lifted up his eyes and saw Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom. "Then he cried and said, 'Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus that he may dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.' But Abraham said, 'Son, remember that in your lifetime you received your good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things; but now he is comforted and you are tormented. And besides all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed, so that those who want to pass from here to you cannot, nor can those from there pass to us.' "Then he said, 'I beg you therefore, father, that you would send him to my father's house, for I have five brothers, that he may testify to them, lest they also come to this place of torment.' Abraham said to him, They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them.' And he said, 'No, father Abraham; but if one goes to them from the dead, they will repent.' But he said to him, 'If they do not hear Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded though one rise from the dead.'"

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to leaningright For This Post:

Matt Dillon (10-20-2021), PostmodernProphet (10-15-2021)

7. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,284 Times in 27,093 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,975 Times in 2,692 Posts

Nope, yes, maybe?
    Atman is Brahman - the individual soul is the same as the eternal universal soul, at least that is Hindu doctrine.

I personally think the nature of the soul and it's ultimate fate is incomprehensible to the human mind.

Our mind has very limited capacity to grasp reality, let alone a metaphysical spiritual dimension.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

Jarod (10-15-2021), ThatOwlWoman (10-15-2021)

9. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,536 Times in 2,978 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 107 Times in 102 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    Atman is Brahman - the individual soul is the same as the eternal universal soul, at least that is Hindu doctrine.

I personally think the nature of the soul and it's ultimate fate is incomprehensible to the human mind.

Our mind has very limited capacity to grasp reality, let alone a metaphysical spiritual dimension.
    I somewhat agree with the bolded above. I have no idea what Heaven or hell is like (note I absolutely believe in the Christian Bible teaching about eternal life and eternal death) but I don’t think hell is eternal flames any more than I think heaven is streets of gold. I believe God put it in terms and imagery that our finite minds can grasp enough to know that hell is a place to avoid and heaven is a place to be desired…and that both are eternal.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to leaningright For This Post:

Jarod (10-15-2021)

11. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,785 Times in 32,151 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

I think that the human being is like a raindrop. There is formless water vapor in the atmosphere, and as conditions ripen that colorless and odorless vapor begins to condense into the form of liquid water and forms a water drop. That water drop of pure clean water has an individual form it has a several functions and it has a lifespan. The form of the waterdrop suits its function, its weight allows it to stay in the sky or drop, its shape makes it float well through the air, the mere fact of its travel nourishes the earth, allows it to pick up impurities, dilute them or concentrate them, and distribute them across the Earth and to its organisms.

Eventually that drop falls onto a River, Lake, Ocean, or is absorbed into the land, it ceases to be a drop, it no longer has an individual form, it is still water, but not in the form it was in when it was created or serving the functions of a raindrop. Its likely now a lake, river or ocean and the parts of the drop flow independently. The molecules that made the drop mix and travel and likely never connect again, yet chemically they are the same, they are still H2O. Eventually out of that larger body, a new mix of molecules of water will turn into water vapor and then a new raindrop is formed.

Water can be an individual thing with its own identity, later mix into a larger thing with a totally different identity, turn into solid ice, or water vapor, but the same raindrop will never for again.

I believe human souls are akin to water. Where does your soul go when you die? It becomes part of the larger consciousness.
    lib'ruls are to blame for stagnant ponds......raindrops with nowhere to go......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

12. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,517 Times in 52,735 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,657 Times in 4,376 Posts
    Blog Entries

Nope, yes, maybe?
    It's an intriguing thought. Maybe the spirits contained in *all* life does the same? Why should humans be special?
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

13. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

Cypress (10-15-2021)

14. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    lib'ruls are to blame for stagnant ponds......
    I am sure that is your position. But even from stagnant ponds does water evaporate.

LOCK HIM UP!

15. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    It's an intriguing thought. Maybe the spirits contained in *all* life does the same? Why should humans be special?
    This is what I have always felt, but I never came up with the metaphor until recently. Why should humans be any different. Then energy that provides life to our cells remains.

LOCK HIM UP!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Jarod For This Post:

Cypress (10-15-2021)

17. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 54,759 Times in 33,625 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,065 Times in 4,683 Posts
    Blog Entries

I’m going to be star dust…

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (10-15-2021)

19. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    lib'ruls are to blame for stagnant ponds......raindrops with nowhere to go......
    What an intellectual, mature comment -- we expect no less from you.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

Cypress (10-15-2021), Phantasmal (10-15-2021)

21. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    I’m going to be star dust…
    As Carl Sagan said, we are made of star stuff.

22. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 54,759 Times in 33,625 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,065 Times in 4,683 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    What an intellectual, mature comment -- we expect no less from you.
    They will know he is Christian by his love…

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (10-15-2021)

24. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    They will know he is Christian by his love…
    How true. He's one of several here that taint the entire religion by their foulness.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

Phantasmal (10-15-2021)