ExpressLane (05-26-2022)

3. #242 | Top
    Living in rural America, "clinging to guns and religion"
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,508 Times in 16,972 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 522 Times in 502 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NiftyNiblick View Post
    The President who was inaugurated in January of 1993, 29+ years ago, is three or four years younger than the current president.
    Biden should not run again. We desperately need AOC, but she'll still be one year too young for the next presidential election.

That could be the year that causes America's ultimate demise.
    We don't have a young lion or lioness with the proper progressive credentials, and I strongly suspect that the republic will go down because of it.
    I'm not often wrong about these things.
    The republic has survived going on 246 years without progressive ideals. Why fix what ain't broke with what surely will destroy it?
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

4. The Following User Groans At RB 60 For This Awful Post:

LurchAddams (05-25-2022)

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RB 60 For This Post:

Earl (05-24-2022), Lionfish (05-24-2022)

6. #243 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,759 Times in 7,263 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,060 Times in 1,005 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RB 60 View Post
    The republic has survived going on 246 years without progressive ideals. Why fix what ain't broke with what surely will destroy it?
    Is the republic still surviving? We're at each others throats, and it's only going to get worse from here,

Why is it so hard for you to see that huge factions of Americans don't share any core values at all?

I'm ready and willing to destroy a union that simply isn't working anymore.

Middle America is simply not sufficiently sophisticated enough for Blue State America.
    Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel. Samuel Johnson, 1775
    Religion....is the opiate of the people. Karl Marx, 1848
    Freedom's just another word for nothin' left to lose. Kris Kristofferson, 1969

7. #244 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Is the republic still surviving? We're at each others throats, and it's only going to get worse from here,

Why is it so hard for you to see that huge factions of Americans don't share any core values at all?

I'm ready and willing to destroy a union that simply isn't working anymore.

Middle America is simply not sufficiently sophisticated enough for Blue State America.
    Then lets fight it out and the losers can leave.
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

8. #245 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,759 Times in 7,263 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,060 Times in 1,005 Posts

Then lets fight it out and the losers can leave.
    How did you get so stupid, Arby? Why does anybody have to leave? All we need is a red / blue split and we can work it out from there.

I seriously hate right wingers and they hate me equally. Purple states are a problem, but there aren't many of them. The red and blue must simply go their separate ways.

If we do have an unnecessary civil war, however, the red states can't financially afford to win it. This time, they will experience an unnecessary genocide.

And the progressive liberals that you hate will have it all.
    Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel. Samuel Johnson, 1775
    Religion....is the opiate of the people. Karl Marx, 1848
    Freedom's just another word for nothin' left to lose. Kris Kristofferson, 1969

9. #246 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

How did you get so stupid, Arby? Why does anybody have to leave? All we need is a red / blue split and we can work it out from there.

I seriously hate right wingers and they hate me equally. Purple states are a problem, but there aren't many of them. The red and blue must simply go their separate ways.

If we do have an unnecessary civil war, however, the red states can't financially afford to win it. This time, they will experience an unnecessary genocide.

And the progressive liberals that you hate will have it all.
    What makes you think everyone in a blue state would have the balls to fight those who disagree with progressives who also reside there?

Hey, if you win, I'd gladly leave if I survived. I would not want to live in your progressive hell.

10. #247 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,597 Times in 1,937 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 661 Times in 608 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dukkha View Post
    Biden's apologists try to downplay inflation worries by noting that they're largely confined to specific goods such as used cars. But the latest report shows inflation spreading to every sector of the economy, particularly where inflation can harm people of low income. Gasoline, for example, is up 42% from last year. Bacon, beef, pork, and eggs are all up by double digits. Children’s shows are up 12%; electricity 5%; rents 2.9%.

Inflation is outpacing hourly wage gains, which have risen 4.6% compared to inflation of 5.4%, which means real paychecks are falling, not rising, under Biden.

Maybe this is why voters tell pollsters they don't support making Biden’s cash giveaways to parents permanent. Voters are smarter than Democrats think. They know that despite what Democrats say, free money is not really free.

Even the Biden administration is forced occasionally to admit this. On a conference call with reporters about the nation’s supply chain crisis, Biden officials acknowledged that March's $1.9 trillion spending bill drove up prices and made matters worse.

But despite this admission, congressional Democrats are determined to pour $3.5 trillion worth of fiscal gasoline onto the inflation fire. The Biden administration even claimed in a report earlier this year that the best way to fight inflation was for the federal government to spend more money!

The White House Council of Economic Advisers report, titled “The Cost of Living in America: Helping Families Move Ahead,” claimed that the cost of living would fall because Washington would be doling out daycare subsidies. The thinking is that families would be better off despite inflation in other economic sectors.

This is innumerate. Inflation rises when more money chases fewer goods. With a supply chain crisis and COVID-related business restrictions, a sudden cash giveaway might be calculated to accelerate inflation.

Biden is making the same mistake about the $1.9 trillion. The supply of daycare cannot appear magically overnight to meet all the demand Biden’s spending will create. The daycare sector is highly regulated, and Biden is added yet more regulatory hurdles, so it will become harder to expand supply. By making more parents seek limited daycare slots, Biden’s subsidies will push their price up faster than inflation in the wider economy.

Instead of spending trillions more on highly regulated industries such as daycare, healthcare, and education, Biden would serve families better by removing regulatory barriers that make it so hard to increase capacity in these sectors.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/o...inflation-fire
    Consider the facts as a result of inflation being the tRump inflation trash, he and his lawlessly hacked in insurgency left behind for democrats to clean up:

Facts First: While some economists say the stimulus packages passed in response to the Covid-19 pandemic are having an impact on inflation, it's misleading to suggest that's the only explanation for the recent rise in inflation. Blaming it exclusively on Democratic spending proposals misrepresents what's actually been passed, and ignores the trillions of dollars in spending passed last year supported by Republicans and signed by then-President Donald Trump which economists say have also contributed to inflation."

https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/06/polit...eck/index.html

The Trump administration was ruining the pre-COVID-19 economy too, just more slowly
    https://www.epi.org/blog/the-trump-a...t-more-slowly/
    Last edited by gemini104104; 05-25-2022 at 01:51 AM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to gemini104104 For This Post:

LurchAddams (05-25-2022)

12. #248 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,893 Times in 6,585 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 537 Times in 514 Posts
    Blog Entries

Yes, because Republicans wish to regress to the days were women and minorities couldn't vote and we all peed outside.

I'll go progressive, if you don't mind.

13. #249 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,029 Times in 12,559 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,401 Times in 1,345 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LurchAddams View Post
    Yes, because Republicans wish to regress to the days were women and minorities couldn't vote and we all peed outside.

U R Losing.
    This illegal illegitimate regime that runs America is at fault...not me.... they do not represent me and I have long objected to their crimes against humanity.

14. #250 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by gemini104104 View Post
    Consider the facts as a result of inflation being the tRump inflation trash, he and his lawlessly hacked in insurgency left behind for democrats to clean up:

Facts First: While some economists say the stimulus packages passed in response to the Covid-19 pandemic are having an impact on inflation, it's misleading to suggest that's the only explanation for the recent rise in inflation. Blaming it exclusively on Democratic spending proposals misrepresents what's actually been passed, and ignores the trillions of dollars in spending passed last year supported by Republicans and signed by then-President Donald Trump which economists say have also contributed to inflation."

https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/06/polit...eck/index.html

The Trump administration was ruining the pre-COVID-19 economy too, just more slowly
    https://www.epi.org/blog/the-trump-a...t-more-slowly/
    It's always the Republicans that take us close to the edge of collapse and the Democrats who have to save us. Just ask GHWB after his disaster - Clinton saved us and then his son, W - almost tanked us and Obama did. This is actual history. Don't let the rednecks gaslight you!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to LurchAddams For This Post:

gemini104104 (05-25-2022)

16. #251 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    U R Losing.
    And you are now barely functional - unable to complete a sentence. Seriously, man. Take a break.

17. #252 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Wrong again. I'd prefer just back to where there was respect and responsibility taught in schools and at home to children at a young age.

I'll keep my freedom, if you don't mind.

18. #253 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

It's always the Republicans that take us close to the edge of collapse and the Democrats who have to save us. Just ask GHWB after his disaster - Clinton saved us and then his son, W - almost tanked us and Obama did. This is actual history. Don't let the rednecks gaslight you!
    Rednecks? You mean us rural farm people who raise your food? I hope not...

19. #254 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Wrong again. I'd prefer just back to where there was respect and responsibility taught in schools and at home to children at a young age.

I'll keep my freedom, if you don't mind.
    Oh, so you're one of those racist homophobes worried that if kids learn about gay people and our racist past they'll come back to YOU and say, "daddy, why?".

I understand now. I get you completely. You live in a fog of hatred and fear of all who are different from you. Sucks, but at least you have people like me to save us from what you and your MAGidiots are trying to do.

20. #255 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,029 Times in 12,559 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,401 Times in 1,345 Posts
    Blog Entries

Oh, so you're one of those racist homophobes worried that if kids learn about gay people and our racist past they'll come back to YOU and say, "daddy, why?".

I understand now. I get you completely. You live in a fog of hatred and fear of all who are different from you. Sucks, but at least you have people like me to save us from what you and your MAGidiots are trying to do.
    YUK
    This illegal illegitimate regime that runs America is at fault...not me.... they do not represent me and I have long objected to their crimes against humanity.