Members banned from this thread: dukkha, Into the Night and Earl


Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 28

Thread: Brainwashing or Stupidity?

  1. #1 | Top
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    13,420
    Thanks
    869
    Thanked 7,849 Times in 4,856 Posts
    Groans
    100
    Groaned 1,381 Times in 1,310 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Brainwashing or Stupidity?

    Which one do you suppose is at work on people that believe these things despite overwhelming evidence that they are not true:

    * Masks don't work to slow the spread of Covid

    https://www.pnas.org/content/118/4/e2014564118

    * Covid vaccines don't work

    https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/70/wr/mm7037e3.htm
    https://www.thelancet.com/journals/l...183-8/fulltext
    https://www.yalemedicine.org/news/co...ine-comparison

    * The election was stolen through massive voter fraud

    https://campaignlegal.org/update/com...-election-lies

    Are these people just stupid or is there something else going on psychologically that would make a person believe these fairy tales?

    I think it's a little of both. Discuss the reasons that so many Republicans are delusional.

  2. The Following 2 Users Groan At Concart For This Awful Post:

    Jim Eagle (10-13-2021), Matt Dillon (10-13-2021)

  3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Concart For This Post:

    AProudLefty (10-14-2021), PoliTalker (10-14-2021)

  4. #2 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Prairieville
    Posts
    26,478
    Thanks
    2,805
    Thanked 10,469 Times in 7,002 Posts
    Groans
    331
    Groaned 2,979 Times in 2,701 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    The problem the anti-mask people have is cognitive dysfunction. When they cite the size of the virus versus the size of the holes in the mask they are just totally clueless and have no idea what's going on. The anti-vaxxers and anti-maskers are low IQ low brain function people.
    Last edited by katzgar; 10-13-2021 at 11:34 AM.

  5. #3 | Top
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    40,458
    Thanks
    14,973
    Thanked 11,221 Times in 8,613 Posts
    Groans
    440
    Groaned 2,368 Times in 2,187 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    It's a political statement. The underlying theme is they are 'Trumptopians'.

  6. #4 | Top
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    13,420
    Thanks
    869
    Thanked 7,849 Times in 4,856 Posts
    Groans
    100
    Groaned 1,381 Times in 1,310 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by katzgar View Post
    The problem the anti-mask people have is cognitive dysfunction. When they cite the size of the virus versus the size of the holes in the mask they are just totally clueless and have no idea what's going on. The anti-vaxxers and anti-maskers are low IQ low brain function people.
    I will put your vote in the 'stupid' column. Good point.

  7. #5 | Top
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    13,420
    Thanks
    869
    Thanked 7,849 Times in 4,856 Posts
    Groans
    100
    Groaned 1,381 Times in 1,310 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    It's a political statement. The underlying theme is they are 'Trumptopians'.
    I think that suggests that you come down on the 'brainwashed' side. Well done.

  8. #6 | Top
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    50,126
    Thanks
    1,041
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    1,008
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

    Default

    the only difference between the left and the right is who they are brainwashed by
    In a combat situation it is about 16 times better to do something useful and violent right away than to wait and figure out something even more useful and violent later.
    “whenever you put your faith in big government for any reason, sooner or later you end up an apologist for mass murder.”

  9. #7 | Top
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    13,420
    Thanks
    869
    Thanked 7,849 Times in 4,856 Posts
    Groans
    100
    Groaned 1,381 Times in 1,310 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default

    Smarter? Hardly. You go in the 'stupid' category.

  10. #8 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    37,432
    Thanks
    210
    Thanked 16,340 Times in 11,391 Posts
    Groans
    4,388
    Groaned 3,708 Times in 3,446 Posts

    Default

    Rightys believe what they want to. That makes all Tgrump things possible.

  11. #9 | Top
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    40,458
    Thanks
    14,973
    Thanked 11,221 Times in 8,613 Posts
    Groans
    440
    Groaned 2,368 Times in 2,187 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Concart View Post
    I think that suggests that you come down on the 'brainwashed' side. Well done.
    I'm glad you are sticking to the issue you raised and not going 'Full Trump' with the name-calling.

  12. #10 | Top
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Posts
    2,490
    Thanks
    649
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 822 Posts
    Groans
    2
    Groaned 55 Times in 46 Posts

    Default

    I was all about the LGBTQ community until I found out it did not mean, "Let's Get Biden To Quit"
    If my posts offend you:
    1. I'm sorry.
    2. It won't happen again.
    3. 1 & 2 are both lies.
    4. You're a pussy.

  13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lionfish For This Post:

    AssHatZombie (10-14-2021), Wolverine (10-14-2021)

  14. #11 | Top
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    14,169
    Thanks
    8,123
    Thanked 3,478 Times in 2,984 Posts
    Groans
    368
    Groaned 141 Times in 139 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Concart View Post
    Which one do you suppose is at work on people that believe these things despite overwhelming evidence that they are not true:

    * Masks don't work to slow the spread of Covid

    https://www.pnas.org/content/118/4/e2014564118

    * Covid vaccines don't work

    https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/70/wr/mm7037e3.htm
    https://www.thelancet.com/journals/l...183-8/fulltext
    https://www.yalemedicine.org/news/co...ine-comparison

    * The election was stolen through massive voter fraud

    https://campaignlegal.org/update/com...-election-lies

    Are these people just stupid or is there something else going on psychologically that would make a person believe these fairy tales?

    I think it's a little of both. Discuss the reasons that so many Republicans are delusional.

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to Matt Dillon For This Post:

    AssHatZombie (10-14-2021)

  16. #12 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    37,432
    Thanks
    210
    Thanked 16,340 Times in 11,391 Posts
    Groans
    4,388
    Groaned 3,708 Times in 3,446 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SmarterthanYou View Post
    the only difference between the left and the right is who they are brainwashed by
    Science. data and logic "brainwash" the left. Trump and anti-science types brainwash the rights. It is not the same.

  17. #13 | Top
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    29,347
    Thanks
    20,067
    Thanked 15,526 Times in 10,639 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 5,298 Times in 4,600 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Hello Concart,

    Quote Originally Posted by Concart View Post
    Which one do you suppose is at work on people that believe these things despite overwhelming evidence that they are not true:

    * Masks don't work to slow the spread of Covid

    https://www.pnas.org/content/118/4/e2014564118

    * Covid vaccines don't work

    https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/70/wr/mm7037e3.htm
    https://www.thelancet.com/journals/l...183-8/fulltext
    https://www.yalemedicine.org/news/co...ine-comparison

    * The election was stolen through massive voter fraud

    https://campaignlegal.org/update/com...-election-lies

    Are these people just stupid or is there something else going on psychologically that would make a person believe these fairy tales?

    I think it's a little of both. Discuss the reasons that so many Republicans are delusional.
    Definitely brainwashing.

    Cult behavior all the way.

    Some of it is immoral politicians who know better but also know if they stand up for what they know is right, that they will be voted out of office for it. And they should!

    The 'real' Republicans totally need to form their own party and separate from Trump.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

  18. #14 | Top
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    50,126
    Thanks
    1,041
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    1,008
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    Science. data and logic "brainwash" the left. Trump and anti-science types brainwash the rights. It is not the same.
    your outlook is deluded by the colorblindness you suffer from. your 'handlers', aka democrats, tell you what to believe and you do it, just like those on the right. you're a plebe, a stooge, just some stupid animal led around on a leash
    In a combat situation it is about 16 times better to do something useful and violent right away than to wait and figure out something even more useful and violent later.
    “whenever you put your faith in big government for any reason, sooner or later you end up an apologist for mass murder.”

  19. #15 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    ohio
    Posts
    9,893
    Thanks
    5,529
    Thanked 3,741 Times in 2,729 Posts
    Groans
    39
    Groaned 181 Times in 170 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    I'm glad you are sticking to the issue you raised and not going 'Full Trump' with the name-calling.
    He called people brainwashed you idiot!

Similar Threads

  1. Brainwashing made easy.....
    By NOVA in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-29-2019, 03:33 AM
  2. Another putrid example of tRump's brainwashing con game
    By gemini104104 in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-20-2019, 02:16 PM
  3. Ret. Lt. Colonel: Trump is brainwashing his supporters
    By signalmankenneth in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-25-2018, 05:24 PM
  4. more indoctrination and brainwashing of our children
    By NOVA in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-22-2013, 05:12 PM
  5. Gun Grabbers BRAINWASHING Soccer Moms
    By SJJRSJJS in forum General Politics Forum
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 12-26-2012, 12:45 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •