Members banned from this thread: LV426

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Gasoline-powered lawn mowers, leaf blowers to be banned under new California law

1. #181 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,447 Times in 7,737 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 509 Times in 502 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    LIAR

The fact that you keep presenting as a Regressive has not escaped my attention.

You look exactly like Probable Woke Fuck.

Which is interesting.
    Ho, otay, buzzyroo.

I probably look like DEEZ NUTZ MOTHERFUCKER!

2. #182 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,029 Times in 12,559 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,401 Times in 1,345 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Dillon View Post
    Ho, otay, buzzyroo.
    Your behaviour is certainly a problem.

At first I thought meth, now I have a new idea.
    This illegal illegitimate regime that runs America is at fault...not me.... they do not represent me and I have long objected to their crimes against humanity.

3. #183 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Your behaviour is certainly a problem.

At first I thought meth, now I have a new idea.
    Oh? Why don't you just share it with us? PS: I never claimed my BAC was above or below yours.

I remember the last time I did meth. It was probably 13-14 years ago.

The time before that, I'm like 19 and there's this hot, blonde trucker chick who's wild AF, seriously. And she gave me and my friend each a pack of "crank". And then that's the last we saw of her.
    I did see and feel her titties.

Anyway. That crank is serious. I stayed up for like 3 days and ate nothing but a chicken leg and a piece of bread and washed it down with Mountain Dew.

We played "Top Gear" and "Rampart" the whole time.

She came around, gave us like $60 worth of meth and never was seen again. She was pretty hot, too.
    Last edited by Matt Dillon; 10-13-2021 at 12:49 AM.

4. #184 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Oh? Why don't you just share it with us?
    It sure does look like you keep failing with me.

Let's talk about that.
    This illegal illegitimate regime that runs America is at fault...not me.... they do not represent me and I have long objected to their crimes against humanity.

5. #185 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

It sure does look like you keep failing with me.

Let's talk about that.
    Let's talk about how much of your opinion I give a fuck about, Let's talk about that.

As Jethro would say: "Naught"

6. #186 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Let's talk about how much of your opinion I give a fuck about, Let's talk about that.

As Jethro would say: "Naught"
    Looks like you are running away to me.

You know where to find me, DICK.

7. #187 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Looks like you are running away to me.

You know where to find me, DICK.
    I'll be here giving zero fucks of your opinion of me.

Lord Willing.

8. #188 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,593 Times in 4,192 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,203 Times in 1,060 Posts

They are enormous health hazards that only morons condone the use of.

Ban Leafblowers!

Leafblowers literally scour the earth: stripping off topsoil, desiccating roots, and killing vital soil-dwelling organisms, while, at the same time, propelling into the air clouds of dirt, dust and dangerous contaminants: volatile compounds, mold and fungal spores, weed seeds, insect eggs, pollen, molecules of the myriads of toxic chemicals people spray and sprinkle on their gardens, trees, and lawns, not to mention bird and rodent feces, and more.

Thanks to decades of relentless lobbying by their manufacturers, the two-cylinder engines that drive leafblowers have never been regulated by any Federal or State agency. The engines, as a result, are crude, cheap, and inefficient, as well as harmful to the environment and everything living in it. Because they are designed to be air-cooled, the engines release 100% of their tailgate emissions directly into the environment, and since they also burn fuel very inefficiently, a leafblower running for one hour emits as many hydrocarbons and other pollutants into the atmosphere as a car driven at 55 mph for 110 miles.

It goes without saying (but must be said anyway), that leafblowers pose the greatest threat to the health and hearing of the untold numbers of landscape workers who use them on a daily basis, in most cases without adequate protective equipment, for intervals that far exceed OSHA guidelines. Unfortunately, the workers themselves tend to exaggerate the benefits and deny the risks of blowing leaves with machines, which they strongly favor over rakes, for reasons that probably have more to do with symbolism than practicality.

Ironically, leafblowers were not invented to blow leaves; they were originally designed as crop dusters. In other words, they didn’t come about in response to a genuine need for a mechanized solution to the leaf-removal problem. Because there wasn’t any problem. Now we do have a problem, but it isn’t leaves, it’s these infernal machines.

https://www.drweil.com/health-wellne...n-leafblowers/
    BLUEXIT
    A Modest Proposal For Separating Blue States From Red

Dear Red-State Trump Voter,
    Let’s face it, guys: We’re done.

It is a tragedy that so much of the work that so many men and women toiled at for so long to make this a better country, and a better world, has been thrown away, leaving us all in such needless peril.

This is why our separation in all but name is necessary.

https://newrepublic.com/article/1409...mp-red-america

9. #189 | Top
    Living in rural America, "clinging to guns and religion"
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,508 Times in 16,972 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 522 Times in 502 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinnabar View Post
    They are enormous health hazards that only morons condone the use of.
    First off, where are there any 2 cylinder leaf blowers? They'd be too heavy.
    Symbolism? WTF? You think people use them for gratification? Appeasement?
    Practicality? They are far more practical than a lawn rake, and do a better job.

I don't use my leaf blower for leaves (I use a mulching mower) but I do use it to
    clean my sidewalk, blow dirt etc. out of my garage and off my driveway. Also to
    blow the grass off of my tractor before I wipe it down. It also works great to blow
    light snow off my sidewalks, driveway and car. I won't go without one!
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to RB 60 For This Post:

Matt Dillon (10-13-2021)

11. #190 | Top
    Living in rural America, "clinging to guns and religion"
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,508 Times in 16,972 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 522 Times in 502 Posts

Good thing CA. doesn't get much snow, snow blowers use small gas engines and I just can't see those libturds using a snow shovel.
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RB 60 For This Post:

Into the Night (10-14-2021), Matt Dillon (10-13-2021)

13. #191 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

A state that cant keep the power on, over many years, that then outlaws generators is an enemy of the people.

The End.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Hawkeye10 For This Post:

Into the Night (10-14-2021)

15. #192 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

"They don't care about YOU!"
    Carlin

16. #193 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

People and companies which have the means are leaving California with some haste.

Please. Wake. The. FUCK. Up!

tyvm

17. #194 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,007 Times in 2,639 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 404 Times in 391 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    It's worse than that. Here's a scenario:

They banned portable generators too. So, you have somewhere that needs temporary power over say several days. Batteries can't fill that niche, neither can solar other than at far higher and more inefficient costs. So, the cost of supplying such power just went through the rafters.

You think this is not common? Well, I get into those situations all the time doing electrical work. I'm replacing the service on a house. Bring the portable generator for recharging battery tools, powering the house in the interim, etc. That's my 5.5 kw generator. It gets the job done and it has about 8 hours on a tank of gasoline. Solar isn't going to cut it. That's like 20 typical home panels and they only work while the sun shines.

The idiots in charge in California once again have not thought through what they're doing. The Left fucks up everything they touch, and this is one more proof of it.
    I bet people much smarter than you have thought about this and will provide exceptions. dildo.

18. #195 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,007 Times in 2,639 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 404 Times in 391 Posts

A state that cant keep the power on, over many years, that then outlaws generators is an enemy of the people.

The End.
    you mean texas?

The Texas Blackout Is the Story of a Disaster Foretoldhttps://www.texasmonthly.com › ... › News & Politics
    Feb 19, 2021 — Those in charge of Texas's deregulated power sector were warned again and ... when the power outages were at their most severe, the cold had ...

CEO Of Texas Power Grid Fired After Massive Cold Weather ...https://www.npr.org › 2021/03/03 › ceo-of-texas-power-g...
    Mar 3, 2021 — Bill Magness was head of the Electric Reliability Council of Texas, which was widely blamed when people were left without electricity and ...

Texas power outages mostly caused by cold weather - Axioshttps://www.axios.com › Energy & Environment
    Apr 7, 2021 — Details: 54% of outages could be attributed to the cold during the winter storm, which caused the deaths of 125 people. This "includes but is ...

Why the cold weather caused huge Texas blackouts - The ...https://www.theguardian.com › us-news › feb › texas-p...
    Feb 20, 2021 — The Texas power outage, which has left millions without power, happened for a multitude of reasons. But it's important to understand how ...

Texas power outage map - USA Todayhttps://www.usatoday.com › news › nation › 2021/02/16
    Feb 16, 2021 — Extreme cold winter weather led to power outages and rolling blackouts in Texas. Here's why it happened.

Texas was minutes away from monthslong power outages ...https://www.texastribune.org › 2021/02/18 › texas-pow...
    Feb 18, 2021 — Officials with the Electric Reliability Council of Texas said that ... wind power and coal plants tripped offline due to the extreme cold ...

Texas power outage: At least 10 deaths linked to statewide ...https://www.texastribune.org › 2021/02/16 › texas-wint...
    Feb 16, 2021 — We're tracking the fallout from the massive winter storm in Texas, which has brought widespread power outages and transportation problems.

Texas power outages: Why blackouts hit as temperatures fellhttps://www.cnet.com › ... › Energy And Utilities
    Feb 19, 2021 — And why some are inaccurately blaming solar and wind for the massive outages. ... Texans are out of power thanks to a cold snap. Getty Images.