1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default How To Save America

America is in trouble.

We are strongly divided; and hatred overshadows voices of reason.

We are so bitterly divided that we are unable to properly address some of our most pressing issues.

The country languishes as dangers grow.

Russia would like to destroy America. We make Putin look bad. Putin is a very corrupt and greedy strongman. Russian society is not doing very well, and it hurts Putin for them to see America doing better. Putin cannot continue his greed very easily if Russians see American success. Putin needs to hurt America, throw America into turmoil, so Putin can tell his people they are better off than Americans, that freedom doesn't work.

Putin knows he cannot physically attack America. Our defense is too strong. The world would condemn him if he tried an attack.

But Putin doesn't need to attack America if he can get America to attack itself.

And that is exactly what he is doing through the internet and social media.

We are all Americans on the left and on the right. Sure, we see things differently, but we all really want the same things. We just want to be happy, prosperous, secure and free.

The problem for the American right is that truly conservative views are losing popularity.

There are not enough true conservatives to win elections any more.

That is why Republicans have moved toward supporting the voice of hatred. Hatred motivates shallow thinkers to vote.

But hatred also motivates people to cheat. It is a loss of morality. Hating is not moral.

If the right thinks winning elections on the basis of hatred is a good idea, it has another thing coming. Building power based on hatred cannot end well.

If conservatives truly believe conservative leadership is best, then the proper and moral way to realize that vision is to convince people that conservative views are best.

Accepting hatred as a means to power will not end well.

We have got to reduce hatred, control hatred, put hatred in it's proper place.

The American left and the American right are not enemies. We are fellow citizens.

Do not spread hatred. Do not accept hatred. Hatred is not the way to save America.

Dialog. Respect. Working on issues together. That is how we save America.

Rediscover American unity. That is how we save America.

What a farce to build power by using hatred and division in the UNITED States of America.

That makes a mockery of our very name.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Concart (10-12-2021), Whythink (10-12-2021)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Each of us needs to find it within ourselves to rise above hatred.

There is never going to be a moment when everyone does that. You cannot wait for others. You must do this on your own.

That makes it all that much more difficult to do.

Because we know that when we do it, others will not.

But it is worth doing.

Hatred is going to destroy the USA.

If you want to see the USA destroyed, just keep it up with the hatred.

If you want to be part of the solution, you must rise above the hatred.

We do not propose to do this because it is easy. Doing the easy thing never accomplished worthwhile goals. No. We must do this because it is hard. We must show the world that Americans can rise above hatred. And that begins within each of us.

You must find the wisdom to do the right thing even when others are not.

If you want to save America, stop hating and start thinking clearly. Take the lead. American needs you.

We have got to deal with our issues together as Americans.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Whythink (10-12-2021)

5. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,309 Times in 14,058 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Cancel Dave Chapelle?

6. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,370 Times in 9,419 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,894 Times in 1,783 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Each of us needs to find it within ourselves to rise above hatred.

There is never going to be a moment when everyone does that. You cannot wait for others. You must do this on your own.

That makes it all that much more difficult to do.

Because we know that when we do it, others will not.

But it is worth doing.

Hatred is going to destroy the USA.

If you want to see the USA destroyed, just keep it up with the hatred.

If you want to be part of the solution, you must rise above the hatred.

We do not propose to do this because it is easy. Doing the easy thing never accomplished worthwhile goals. No. We must do this because it is hard. We must show the world that Americans can rise above hatred. And that begins within each of us.

You must find the wisdom to do the right thing even when others are not.

If you want to save America, stop hating and start thinking clearly. Take the lead. American needs you.

We have got to deal with our issues together as Americans.
    Agree for the most part. However, it is no longer possible to dialogue with people who are members of a cult. I don't hate them. I just refuse to engage with them. Getting healthy means cutting out the cancer. The GOP is a cancer. They do not want a United States any longer. I have no reason to respect their opinions.

7. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

You can begin by cutting back on the name-calling.

I know it's fun and you think there is no harm.

But there is great harm.

Name-calling is hurting America.

Now, you don't want to destroy America, do you?

Would you sacrifice America for fun?

8. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello cawacko,

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    Cancel Dave Chapelle?
    I am not familiar with his material, but if it is hatred laced, he needs to tone it down.

America is quickly moving to a point where we are about to lose our democracy.

9. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Concart,

Quote Originally Posted by Concart View Post
    Agree for the most part. However, it is no longer possible to dialogue with people who are members of a cult. I don't hate them. I just refuse to engage with them. Getting healthy means cutting out the cancer. The GOP is a cancer. They do not want a United States any longer. I have no reason to respect their opinions.
    I also refuse to talk to people who only want to find a target to unload their frustrations.

But I know they read what I have to say.

And I love America. I want to see America endure.

That is why I have identified this problem and spoken about it.

I don't hate anyone. I do push people away and refuse to interface with hateful people. I would like to be able to discuss our national issues with everyone. I think it is sad that so many are unable to do this without trying to make things personal.

These are national issues, folks.

National issues have nothing to do with individual posters personalities.

We need to be able to discuss the issues facing our nation on a level that has nothing to do with individual posters here.

If all Americans do is call each other names and say mean things about one another, how does that address our national issues?

It doesn't.

That's the problem.

I'm suggesting we make some changes so we can save our country.

I have always said I am willing to discuss any national issue as long as there is mutual respect.

Anybody who wants to meet me on that level is welcome to join in.

I am sorry that I must Ignore those who fail that basic requirement.

We should all Ignore haters.

Hatred should be minimized.

Functional discussion should prevail.

Instead of the other way around like we have now.

10. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

You can begin by cutting back on the name-calling.

I know it's fun and you think there is no harm.

But there is great harm.

Name-calling is hurting America.

Now, you don't want to destroy America, do you?

Would you sacrifice America for fun?
    This message board isn't going to change a single mind about a single thing. I appreciate your optimism, but that's reality. I come here to understand them. I won't change them. They've hated their entire lives. No kind word will change that. The real world may be different, but not this cesspool.

11. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Concart,

I also refuse to talk to people who only want to find a target to unload their frustrations.

But I know they read what I have to say.

And I love America. I want to see America endure.

That is why I have identified this problem and spoken about it.

I don't hate anyone. I do push people away and refuse to interface with hateful people. I would like to be able to discuss our national issues with everyone. I think it is sad that so many are unable to do this without trying to make things personal.

These are national issues, folks.

National issues have nothing to do with individual posters personalities.

We need to be able to discuss the issues facing our nation on a level that has nothing to do with individual posters here.

If all Americans do is call each other names and say mean things about one another, how does that address our national issues?

It doesn't.

That's the problem.

I'm suggesting we make some changes so we can save our country.

I have always said I am willing to discuss any national issue as long as there is mutual respect.

Anybody who wants to meet me on that level is welcome to join in.

I am sorry that I must Ignore those who fail that basic requirement.

We should all Ignore haters.

Hatred should be minimized.

Functional discussion should prevail.

Instead of the other way around like we have now.
    Your thread about the debt was the first meaningful thread I've seen here in six months. I've started threads intended to have a dialogue (one very similar to this one just today). Without threadbanning the offenders, I suspect mine will quickly devolve. I'll give it until maybe post five or six before someone slings a gay insult. I'd love to be wrong about this, but I've been at it for too long to think it will change. I am doing my work in the real world, but this message board IS informative in understanding the thought processes and seeing what misinformation is being spread on any given day.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Concart For This Post:

PoliTalker (10-12-2021)

13. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Here's the bottom line on how we save America. Joe Manchin and Kristen Sinema figure it out. Because Democrats are going to have to go it alone to save America. Voting Rights, Police Reform, Infrastructure package, reconciliation package. Pass them. if it costs you an election, it was worth it. I would happily make that exchange. When those things happen, and we FORCE the pandemic to end, America will be a better place, and Americans will see who made it that way. You hold out hope for the Trump cult. I do not.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Concart For This Post:

PoliTalker (10-12-2021)

15. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,438 Times in 7,728 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 509 Times in 502 Posts

America is in trouble.

We are strongly divided; and hatred overshadows voices of reason.

We are so bitterly divided that we are unable to properly address some of our most pressing issues.

The country languishes as dangers grow.

Russia would like to destroy America. We make Putin look bad. Putin is a very corrupt and greedy strongman. Russian society is not doing very well, and it hurts Putin for them to see America doing better. Putin cannot continue his greed very easily if Russians see American success. Putin needs to hurt America, throw America into turmoil, so Putin can tell his people they are better off than Americans, that freedom doesn't work.

Putin knows he cannot physically attack America. Our defense is too strong. The world would condemn him if he tried an attack.

But Putin doesn't need to attack America if he can get America to attack itself.

And that is exactly what he is doing through the internet and social media.

We are all Americans on the left and on the right. Sure, we see things differently, but we all really want the same things. We just want to be happy, prosperous, secure and free.

The problem for the American right is that truly conservative views are losing popularity.

There are not enough true conservatives to win elections any more.

That is why Republicans have moved toward supporting the voice of hatred. Hatred motivates shallow thinkers to vote.

But hatred also motivates people to cheat. It is a loss of morality. Hating is not moral.

If the right thinks winning elections on the basis of hatred is a good idea, it has another thing coming. Building power based on hatred cannot end well.

If conservatives truly believe conservative leadership is best, then the proper and moral way to realize that vision is to convince people that conservative views are best.

Accepting hatred as a means to power will not end well.

We have got to reduce hatred, control hatred, put hatred in it's proper place.

The American left and the American right are not enemies. We are fellow citizens.

Do not spread hatred. Do not accept hatred. Hatred is not the way to save America.

Dialog. Respect. Working on issues together. That is how we save America.

Rediscover American unity. That is how we save America.

What a farce to build power by using hatred and division in the UNITED States of America.

That makes a mockery of our very name.
    So much rhetoric, so little truth. The American spirit is not one to aquiesce to the leftist totalitarianism of the Democrats.

Americans hate the being forced to do things that are unnatural.
    Last edited by Matt Dillon; 10-12-2021 at 08:24 AM.

16. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Concart,

This message board isn't going to change a single mind about a single thing. I appreciate your optimism, but that's reality. I come here to understand them. I won't change them. They've hated their entire lives. No kind word will change that. The real world may be different, but not this cesspool.
    I know it seems like that. It's very easy to believe that's the case.

I think it is more intricate.

I bet there are people who come here to discuss politics, but then they get swept up in the name-calling. The name-calling becomes a habit.

This is a place where there are no rules. And you don't have to look at the other person in the eye. You can say things here that would elicit very different reactions if you tried saying those things in public. People come in here not knowing what to expect. They see this free-for-all and they take pleasure in blurting out all those things which would be uncomfortable to say in public.

I think it's a bad habit.

And I know we have Russians posting in here, trying to amplify American hatred.

So I am standing up for America.

I am saying no, that is wrong. Hatred is wrong.

I am letting people know what the big picture is, putting things in to perspective.

The way I see it, somebody needs to say the things I am saying.

I don't see anyone else saying them, so I just have to be the one to do it.

Saving America, one comment at a time.

Because it's not like destroying America can be done with just one comment, either.

It's the culmination of a lot of things said.

And there need to be good and positive things said.

Certainly, if we are going to turn this dumb hateful trend around, somebody has to talk about it at some point.

So here I am.

And I am asking others to join in the effort to save America.

Please help.

This is what you can do for your country.

17. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Concart,

I know it seems like that. It's very easy to believe that's the case.

I think it is more intricate.

I bet there are people who come here to discuss politics, but then they get swept up in the name-calling. The name-calling becomes a habit.

This is a place where there are no rules. And you don't have to look at the other person in the eye. You can say things here that would elicit very different reactions if you tried saying those things in public. People come in here not knowing what to expect. They see this free-for-all and they take pleasure in blurting out all those things which would be uncomfortable to say in public.

I think it's a bad habit.

And I know we have Russians posting in here, trying to amplify American hatred.

So I am standing up for America.

I am saying no, that is wrong. Hatred is wrong.

I am letting people know what the big picture is, putting things in to perspective.

The way I see it, somebody needs to say the things I am saying.

I don't see anyone else saying them, so I just have to be the one to do it.

Saving America, one comment at a time.

Because it's not like destroying America can be done with just one comment, either.

It's the culmination of a lot of things said.

And there need to be good and positive things said.

Certainly, if we are going to turn this dumb hateful trend around, somebody has to talk about it at some point.

So here I am.

And I am asking others to join in the effort to save America.

Please help.

This is what you can do for your country.
    We'll agree to disagree on the highlighted, because I don't want to take this thread in the wrong direction. But if they were interested in discussing politics, then they would demand more of their party. Actions speak louder than words. The GOP has no platform. The longest tenured Republican Senator openly admitted that he is seeking the endorsement of a traitor because it is 'smart' to do so. The second ranking Republican in the House refuses to say that Biden won the election. This is not a party that is interested in politics. It is a party interested in power. Period. Full stop. And they have brainwashed a large segment of the population into helping them achieve that goal at the expense of the rest of the country. When a guy has kicked you in the nuts repeatedly, you are wise to expect them to do it again, even if you extend an olive branch. We are on the brink of losing our democracy, and I am not inclined to make nice with the people that have that as their goal.

18. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Concart,

Your thread about the debt was the first meaningful thread I've seen here in six months. I've started threads intended to have a dialogue (one very similar to this one just today). Without threadbanning the offenders, I suspect mine will quickly devolve. I'll give it until maybe post five or six before someone slings a gay insult. I'd love to be wrong about this, but I've been at it for too long to think it will change. I am doing my work in the real world, but this message board IS informative in understanding the thought processes and seeing what misinformation is being spread on any given day.
    Thanks. And I appreciate your input on that discussion. It's funny. I often don't know if thread ideas are going to stimulate meaningful discussion or not. I didn't really expect that one to go anywhere. And I don't know what the Ignored are saying. I seem to have some posters who follow me around. Apparently my unabashed liberal style really sets them off. I don't care. I clicked Ignore on them for a reason. I really do simply ignore them. Their views are meaningless to me.

Debt is a weapon in the USA. It is part of what is tearing this nation apart but not in a left/right way. The super-rich is not left or right. Both sides are represented. And the people who are hurt are on both sides. But each side is led to believe it is the other side causing their lack of success. In this way, the super-rich keep the left and right focused on one another when, if the 99% were to simply unite against the 1%, much suffering could be alleviated.

19. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,438 Times in 7,728 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 509 Times in 502 Posts

We'll agree to disagree on the highlighted, because I don't want to take this thread in the wrong direction. But if they were interested in discussing politics, then they would demand more of their party. Actions speak louder than words. The GOP has no platform. The longest tenured Republican Senator openly admitted that he is seeking the endorsement of a traitor because it is 'smart' to do so. The second ranking Republican in the House refuses to say that Biden won the election. This is not a party that is interested in politics. It is a party interested in power. Period. Full stop. And they have brainwashed a large segment of the population into helping them achieve that goal at the expense of the rest of the country. When a guy has kicked you in the nuts repeatedly, you are wise to expect them to do it again, even if you extend an olive branch. We are on the brink of losing our democracy, and I am not inclined to make nice with the people that have that as their goal.
    You sure do make it easy to bring about the worst possible outcome for you.

I hope it goes different somehow yet America is still saved.

I don't see how, though. Democrats rigged an election and preaching about Democracy? Fuck You!

Democrats couldn't win an election on their highly unpopular ideals, so they rigged it.

It was about getting power by any means.