Thread: Best jam/jelly/preserve on PB&J

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,110 Times in 12,635 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,444 Times in 1,388 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Celticguy View Post
    Honestly I do not care for jelly etc on peanut butter, just the peanut butter for me. I have that most every day I like it that much.
    But if I'm having jelly say on toast, I love grape JAM or any sort of blackberry preserves.
    Have you tried peanut butter and honey sammiches, the better the honey the better? I did not hear about that till my friend Paul told me about in when I was a Soph in HS. Even more mind blowing was when my cousin Janet showed me when she was at my house when I was in 8th grade about putting peanut butter on my pancakes before the maple syrup (no butter!).
    I choose my own words like the Americans of olden times........before this dystopia arrived.

DARK AGES SUCK!

2. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,931 Times in 5,908 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 444 Times in 424 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    Have you tried peanut butter and honey sammiches, the better the honey the better? I did not hear about that till my friend Paul told me about in when I was a Soph in HS. Even more mind blowing was when my cousin Janet showed me when she was at my house when I was in 8th grade about putting peanut butter on my pancakes before the maple syrup (no butter!).
    No I have not but I am not a fan of salty + sweet. I prefer to keep things simple. That would cover the use of peanut butter on pancakes in addition to syrup. That said I have recently taken to adding whipped cream to waffles with syrup. Yes I do have a sweet tooth.
    "Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Joseph Stalin
    The USA has lost WWIV to China with no other weapons but China Virus and some cash to buy democrats.

3. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,110 Times in 12,635 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,444 Times in 1,388 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Celticguy View Post
    No I have not but I am not a fan of salty + sweet. I prefer to keep things simple. That would cover the use of peanut butter on pancakes in addition to syrup. That said I have recently taken to adding whipped cream to waffles with syrup. Yes I do have a sweet tooth.
    Doing it right peanut butter and maple syrup buttermilk pancakes are both calorie and carb bombs. And I am a diabetic. I allow myself to have them once every few years. They remind me of my youth...pancakes were huge in the midwest in the 70's, we even had pancake houses where pancakes were the main thing served, always homemade, usually secret recipe.....the best served a maple syrup/pancake goo.
    I choose my own words like the Americans of olden times........before this dystopia arrived.

DARK AGES SUCK!