Thread: Happy Indigenous People's Day!

1. #241 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,479 Times in 52,483 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,514 Times in 2,471 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    No, Im saying I dont know much about it because I havent been here much. So heres the deal,....either fill me in or fuck it. Im pretty much tired of it all already. Plus I need a cocktail,...its almost 6.
    He confessed to being Terri4Trump. No confession on the cybersexting yet. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by GreatAmerican View Post
    I am sorry you do not like me, but you know what? This may well be the most intelligent post I have seen here, especially the suggestion of a duel ignore. And for that reason I will tell YOU the unvarnished truth. No doubt it will get twisted as its re-posted, but here is the truth.

I joined this place in my Terri4Trump persona back in 07-07-2019. At the time I was experimenting with the reaction to a rough-and-tumble female Republican military forum persona.
    Experimenting with his inner woman. That's a start!
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (10-12-2021)

3. #242 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 84 Times in 79 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello T. A. Gardner,

The Japanese are not dumb. They would use captured American equipment wherever possible. If the US was using technology they didn't have, they would do anything they could to be able to listen in on US radio transmissions.

Yeah, but the one US transmission/communication they DID hear, but DIDN'T listen to, was the big one from Washington in 1945 that said...."If you crazy, cruel, fanatical, slant- eyed cunts don't surrender, wee Yankee Droppee biggie ATOM BOMBIES right uppie you yellow ass-hole and toastee shittie-load Nippon ricie-niggars Bigee Timie !

Dachshund

DLM....Dachshund Lives Matter !

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Dachshund For This Post:

The Sage of Main Street (10-12-2021)

5. #243 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,307 Times in 13,426 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 843 Times in 802 Posts

Hello T. A. Gardner,

The Japanese are not dumb. They would use captured American equipment wherever possible. If the US was using technology they didn't have, they would do anything they could to be able to listen in on US radio transmissions.

Normally supplied equipment is one thing. Fighting a war with whatever is at their disposal is another.
    Some Japanese radio equipment that operated on the same frequency bands as US sets did could pick up US transmissions at short-range. This was typically 1000 to 2000 yards from the transmitter and was discovered in testing of Japanese sets by the US. It still doesn't translate into a big advantage.
    Like it or don't the Code Talkers didn't give the US some major advantage in communications.

For example, during the D-Day operation, the Allies jammed German AM tactical communications using a jammer in England code named Elephant Cigar.

https://history.army.mil/html/refere.../TS/SC/SC3.htm

6. The Following User Says Thank You to T. A. Gardner For This Post:

PoliTalker (10-12-2021)

7. #244 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello T. A. Gardner,

Quote Originally Posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    Some Japanese radio equipment that operated on the same frequency bands as US sets did could pick up US transmissions at short-range. This was typically 1000 to 2000 yards from the transmitter and was discovered in testing of Japanese sets by the US. It still doesn't translate into a big advantage.
    Like it or don't the Code Talkers didn't give the US some major advantage in communications.

For example, during the D-Day operation, the Allies jammed German AM tactical communications using a jammer in England code named Elephant Cigar.

https://history.army.mil/html/refere.../TS/SC/SC3.htm
    It's fun learning all these intricate bits of history even though I still disagree with your conclusions.

Regardless of whether or not indigenous people were crucial to our WWII victories that is beside the point that they were here first, what was done to them was bad, and it is totally fitting that we have a day in which we celebrate their part of our combined history.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

8. #245 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,051 Times in 26,519 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,742 Times in 4,521 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello T. A. Gardner,

Disagreed. I have found sources which indicate the Army used Code Talkers and they were at Normandy and in Africa.
    Polibullshitter doing what she does best!

Were Navajo code talkers used in the European front at all during WWII?

The Allies had used Native Americans to transmit messages during World War I, and the Germans were very aware of the fact. When the next war came, the Germans were ready.

In the 1930s German linguists fanned out across the U.S. They acquired grammars, dictionaries, chrestomathies, and any other available material on Native American languages. I was once in the linguistics department’s library at Heidelberg and was browsing along the shelves and was rather intrigued to see amongst the expected grammars from Winter and the tomes on Indo-European comparative linguistics something unusual: shelf after shelf of books on Native American languages. I looked at a couple and noticed the acquisition stamp at the front — they had all been acquired in the ’30s. And that was when it hit me, that amongst these dusty shelves — no-one working in that department at the time was in the least interested in these languages — I was looking at one of the obscurer parts of the Nazis’ preparations for World War II.

And they had been thorough. If no grammar or dictionary of this or that language had been written, they wrote one. If the Americans had tried any extensive use of a code based on a Native American language in the European theatre, the Germans would have been ready to decode it in no time flat as they had all the materials to hand. A German scholar, Günther Wagner, had even written a grammar of so obscure a language as Yuchi, a language isolate which has, I think, maybe a handful of native speakers left today.

The Japanese, on the other hand, had not been so careful. Even though the Japanese figured out that the language used by the code-talkers was probably Navajo (by getting a captured Navajo, Joe Kieyoomia, to translate a few words), they got no further than that. The American cryptologists had taken the precaution of partially encoding the Navajo which was used by the code talkers such that what came out to someone who knew Navajo, but had not learnt the code was sheer gibberish. Joe Kieyoomia’s captors could not work out whether he was being stubborn or genuinely couldn’t make heads or tails out of the messages because it was a different language or dialect from his own. In the end they just beat him to within an inch of his life. Fortunately, he survived; he died back home in 1997.

The Germans, on the other hand, wouldn’t have even needed Kieyoomia.

https://www.quora.com/Were-Navajo-co..._type=question

9. #246 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,479 Times in 52,483 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,514 Times in 2,471 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dachshund View Post
    Yeah, but the one US transmission/communication they DID hear, but DIDN'T listen to, was the big one from Washington in 1945 that said...."If you crazy, cruel, fanatical, slant- eyed cunts don't surrender, wee Yankee Droppee biggie ATOM BOMBIES right uppie you yellow ass-hole and toastee shittie-load Nippon ricie-niggars Bigee Timie !

Dachshund

DLM....Dachshund Lives Matter !
    LOL It's interesting to see what amuses a fucking dumbass Bogan from down under. Go throw a shrimp on the barbie, Bruce, put on your bathers and go dive in the dunny.
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (10-12-2021)

11. #247 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,051 Times in 26,519 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,742 Times in 4,521 Posts
    Blog Entries

Francis Menton is on the money as usual.

Manhattan Contrarian Celebrates Indigenous Peoples' Day

You may think that today is Columbus Day, which it is; but it is also Indigenous Peoples’ Day. And as you may know, it is now customary at many woke colleges and universities to acknowledge regularly that all proceedings are taking place on “stolen land.” Now this year for the first time, a U.S. President has recognized Indigenous Peoples’ Day with a Proclamation. Here are a few of the stirring words:

Since time immemorial, American Indians, Alaska Natives, and Native Hawaiians have built vibrant and diverse cultures — safeguarding land, language, spirit, knowledge, and tradition across the generations. On Indigenous Peoples’ Day, our Nation celebrates the invaluable contributions and resilience of Indigenous peoples. . . .

Over at NPR, you can feel the excitement. And they helpfully provide some tips, courtesy of the Smithsonian Institution, for how to celebrate appropriately:

There are no set rules on how one should appreciate the day, said [Mandy] Van Heuvelen [the cultural interpreter coordinator at the Smithsonian's National Museum of the American Indian], a member of the Cheyenne River Sioux Tribe from South Dakota. It's all about reflection, recognition, celebration and an education. "It can be a day of reflection of our history in the United States, the role Native people have played in it, the impacts that history has had on native people and communities, and also a day to gain some understanding of the diversity of Indigenous peoples," she said.

Here at Manhattan Contrarian, as my contribution to “reflection, recognition, celebration, and education” on the role of Indigenous Peoples, I thought I would find a few choice passages from one of my favorite history books, France and England in North America. This multi-thousand-page opus was written by Harvard historian Francis Parkman over the course of several decades in the nineteenth century. Among many other things, It contains several hundred pages sourced from accounts written by French Jesuit missionaries about their experiences in the first half of the seventeenth century, upon encountering and living among the native tribes of what are now upstate New York and Eastern Canada.

The salient fact is that the tribes were engaged in ongoing and endless wars of extermination against each other, waged in the most brutal possible way with the weapons available. The following passage appears at pages 572-73 of the 1983 Library of America edition of Parkman’s work:

A band of Algonquins, late in the autumn of 1641, set forth from Three Rivers [then a tiny French outpost in what is now Quebec] on their winter hunt, and, fearful of the Iroquois, made their way far northward, into the depths of the forests that border the Ottawa. Here they thought themselves safe, built their lodges, and began to hunt the moose and beaver. But a large party of their enemies, with a persistent ferocity that is truly astonishing, had penetrated even here, found the traces of the snow-shoes, followed up their human prey, and hid at nightfall among the rocks and thickets around the encampment. At midnight, their yells and the blows of their war-clubs awakened their sleeping victims. In a few minutes all were in their power. They bound the prisoners hand and foot, rekindled the fire, slung the kettles, cut the bodies of the slain to pieces, and boiled and devoured them before the eyes of the wretched survivors.

The survivors, including men, women, and children, were all taken prisoner. The Iroquois with their captives then began a march home of well over a hundred miles. Here’s an account of one event along the way:

[A]fter a short rest, [the conquerors] began their march homeward with their prisoners. Among these were three women, of whom the narrator was one, who had each a child of a few weeks or months old. At the first halt, their captors took the infants from them, tied them to wooden spits, placed them to die slowly before a fire, and feasted on them before the eyes of the agonized mothers, whose shrieks, supplications, and frantic efforts to break the cords that bound them were met with mockery and laughter.

Several days later, the war party arrived triumphantly at its home village. From page 574-75:

[T]hey entered the town, leading the captive Algonquins, fast bound, and surrounded by a crowd of men, women, and children, all singing at the top of their throats. . . . On the following morning, [the prisoners] were placed on a large scaffold, in sight of the whole population. It was a gala-day. Young and old were gathered from far and near. Some mounted the scaffold, and scorched them with torches and firebrands; while the children, standing beneath the bark platform, applied fire to the feet of the prisoners between the crevices. The Algonquin women were told to burn their husbands and companions; and one of them obeyed, vainly thinking to appease her tormentors. The stoicism of one of the warriors enraged his captors beyond measure. “Scream! why don’t you scream?” they cried, thrusting their burning brands at his naked body. “Look at me,” he answered; “you cannot make me wince. If you were in my place, you would screech like babies.” At this they fell upon him with redoubled fury, till their knives and firebrands left in him no semblance of humanity. He was defiant to the last, and when death came to his relief, they tore out his heart and devoured it; then hacked him in pieces, and made their feast of triumph on his mangled limbs.

It goes on and on from there, but you get the picture.

I don’t mean by this “reflection” to indicate that the Indigenous Peoples of North America were just unadulterated pure evil. However, the current hysteria of uncritical celebration of the “noble savages,” accompanied by unalloyed hatred of the United States and Western civilization, borders on the ridiculous.

One of my nieces is currently taking some courses at American University in Washington, and she sends along an email distributed today by the university on the occasion of this Indigenous Peoples’ Day thing. Excerpt:

Today is Indigenous People’s [sic] Day and we want to challenge you to not only acknowledge the totality of this day but why it is so important. The first step within that is acknowledging the fact that we, as American University students, teachers and staff occupy sacred Nacotchtank, Anacostan and Piscataway land. This is not our land and it is due to being on this land that we are afforded the opportunity to attend AU.

Here’s my question: Did any one of the Nacotchtank, Anacostan or Piscataway tribes ever recognize for a minute the right of any of the other tribes to own or occupy any particular piece of land? And for that matter, did any indigenous tribe anywhere in North America ever recognize the right of any other tribe to occupy any particular piece of land? Of course not. The whole idea is completely contrary to everything we know about the life of the indigenous people prior to and shortly after arrival of the Europeans. So why exactly is it now so important for us current occupants to recognize rights in land that the Indians themselves never recognized?

Don’t try to make any sense of this. It’s all about some deep need to feel guilty for no particular reason. Spoiled rich kids and lefty college professors in modern America take some kind of twisted satisfaction from this.

https://www.manhattancontrarian.com/...es-day-special
    Last edited by cancel2 2022; 10-12-2021 at 07:49 AM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to cancel2 2022 For This Post:

The Sage of Main Street (10-12-2021)

13. #248 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,847 Times in 14,186 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,453 Times in 1,372 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Primavera View Post
    Manhattan Contrarian Celebrates Indigenous Peoples' Day

You may think that today is Columbus Day, which it is; but it is also Indigenous Peoples’ Day. And as you may know, it is now customary at many woke colleges and universities to acknowledge regularly that all proceedings are taking place on “stolen land.” Now this year for the first time, a U.S. President has recognized Indigenous Peoples’ Day with a Proclamation. Here are a few of the stirring words:

Since time immemorial, American Indians, Alaska Natives, and Native Hawaiians have built vibrant and diverse cultures — safeguarding land, language, spirit, knowledge, and tradition across the generations. On Indigenous Peoples’ Day, our Nation celebrates the invaluable contributions and resilience of Indigenous peoples. . . .

Over at NPR, you can feel the excitement. And they helpfully provide some tips, courtesy of the Smithsonian Institution, for how to celebrate appropriately:

There are no set rules on how one should appreciate the day, said [Mandy] Van Heuvelen [the cultural interpreter coordinator at the Smithsonian's National Museum of the American Indian], a member of the Cheyenne River Sioux Tribe from South Dakota. It's all about reflection, recognition, celebration and an education. "It can be a day of reflection of our history in the United States, the role Native people have played in it, the impacts that history has had on native people and communities, and also a day to gain some understanding of the diversity of Indigenous peoples," she said.

Here at Manhattan Contrarian, as my contribution to “reflection, recognition, celebration, and education” on the role of Indigenous Peoples, I thought I would find a few choice passages from one of my favorite history books, France and England in North America. This multi-thousand-page opus was written by Harvard historian Francis Parkman over the course of several decades in the nineteenth century. Among many other things, It contains several hundred pages sourced from accounts written by French Jesuit missionaries about their experiences in the first half of the seventeenth century, upon encountering and living among the native tribes of what are now upstate New York and Eastern Canada.

The salient fact is that the tribes were engaged in ongoing and endless wars of extermination against each other, waged in the most brutal possible way with the weapons available. The following passage appears at pages 572-73 of the 1983 Library of America edition of Parkman’s work:

A band of Algonquins, late in the autumn of 1641, set forth from Three Rivers [then a tiny French outpost in what is now Quebec] on their winter hunt, and, fearful of the Iroquois, made their way far northward, into the depths of the forests that border the Ottawa. Here they thought themselves safe, built their lodges, and began to hunt the moose and beaver. But a large party of their enemies, with a persistent ferocity that is truly astonishing, had penetrated even here, found the traces of the snow-shoes, followed up their human prey, and hid at nightfall among the rocks and thickets around the encampment. At midnight, their yells and the blows of their war-clubs awakened their sleeping victims. In a few minutes all were in their power. They bound the prisoners hand and foot, rekindled the fire, slung the kettles, cut the bodies of the slain to pieces, and boiled and devoured them before the eyes of the wretched survivors.

The survivors, including men, women, and children, were all taken prisoner. The Iroquois with their captives then began a march home of well over a hundred miles. Here’s an account of one event along the way:

[A]fter a short rest, [the conquerors] began their march homeward with their prisoners. Among these were three women, of whom the narrator was one, who had each a child of a few weeks or months old. At the first halt, their captors took the infants from them, tied them to wooden spits, placed them to die slowly before a fire, and feasted on them before the eyes of the agonized mothers, whose shrieks, supplications, and frantic efforts to break the cords that bound them were met with mockery and laughter.

Several days later, the war party arrived triumphantly at its home village. From page 574-75:

[T]hey entered the town, leading the captive Algonquins, fast bound, and surrounded by a crowd of men, women, and children, all singing at the top of their throats. . . . On the following morning, [the prisoners] were placed on a large scaffold, in sight of the whole population. It was a gala-day. Young and old were gathered from far and near. Some mounted the scaffold, and scorched them with torches and firebrands; while the children, standing beneath the bark platform, applied fire to the feet of the prisoners between the crevices. The Algonquin women were told to burn their husbands and companions; and one of them obeyed, vainly thinking to appease her tormentors. The stoicism of one of the warriors enraged his captors beyond measure. “Scream! why don’t you scream?” they cried, thrusting their burning brands at his naked body. “Look at me,” he answered; “you cannot make me wince. If you were in my place, you would screech like babies.” At this they fell upon him with redoubled fury, till their knives and firebrands left in him no semblance of humanity. He was defiant to the last, and when death came to his relief, they tore out his heart and devoured it; then hacked him in pieces, and made their feast of triumph on his mangled limbs.

It goes on and on from there, but you get the picture.

I don’t mean by this “reflection” to indicate that the Indigenous Peoples of North America were just unadulterated pure evil. However, the current hysteria of uncritical celebration of the “noble savages,” accompanied by unalloyed hatred of the United States and Western civilization, borders on the ridiculous.

One of my nieces is currently taking some courses at American University in Washington, and she sends along an email distributed today by the university on the occasion of this Indigenous Peoples’ Day thing. Excerpt:

Today is Indigenous People’s [sic] Day and we want to challenge you to not only acknowledge the totality of this day but why it is so important. The first step within that is acknowledging the fact that we, as American University students, teachers and staff occupy sacred Nacotchtank, Anacostan and Piscataway land. This is not our land and it is due to being on this land that we are afforded the opportunity to attend AU.

Here’s my question: Did any one of the Nacotchtank, Anacostan or Piscataway tribes ever recognize for a minute the right of any of the other tribes to own or occupy any particular piece of land? And for that matter, did any indigenous tribe anywhere in North America ever recognize the right of any other tribe to occupy any particular piece of land? Of course not. The whole idea is completely contrary to everything we know about the life of the indigenous people prior to and shortly after arrival of the Europeans. So why exactly is it now so important for us current occupants to recognize rights in land that the Indians themselves never recognized?

Don’t try to make any sense of this. It’s all about some deep need to feel guilty for no particular reason. Spoiled rich kids and lefty college professors in modern America take some kind of twisted satisfaction from this.

https://www.manhattancontrarian.com/...es-day-special
    So tom do they have farang day in Thailand?
    “If we have to have a choice between being dead and pitied, and being alive with a bad image, we’d rather be alive and have the bad image.”

— Golda Meir

Zionism is the movement for the self-determination and statehood for the Jewish people in their ancestral homeland, the land of Israel.

“If Hamas put down their weapons, there would be no more violence. If the Jews put down their weapons, there would be no Israel."

ברוך השם

14. #249 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 55 Times in 52 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    God Bless American industrial might. The price was heavy.

Per our earlier discussion, nowadays the island would still be taken, if it still necessary for the mission, but modern weapons and tactics would save a lot of Marine lives. The mission always comes first but good support from the Federal government allows Marines, and the other services, to do the mission with a minimal cost in American lives.

An example is Iwo Jima and Afghanistan:

The US lost over 7300 sailors and Marines taking Iwo Jima. In 20 years of war, the US lost 2,448 service personnel and 3,846 US contractors in Afghanistan.

A fascinating difference, IMHO.

PS Private Contractor deaths https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...in_Afghanistan
    The Only Way to Grind Down the Enemy Is With Ground Troops

That's why we lost in Afghanistan. In Vietnam, it was what would have happened at Iwo Jima if the Navy and its planes kept bombarding the island until it surrendered and only then sending the Marines in.
    On the outside, trickling down on the Insiders

We won't live free until the Democrats, and their voters, live in fear.

15. #250 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Human sacrifices. Gotta love it.
    The Neanderthal Didn't Die Out; They Were Killed Off.

Not entirely human. An Asian version of the Neanderthal. Racism is part of the Survival Instinct; Liberalism is part of the Death Wish.

The race card is a Joker. Losers play it to make themselves feel like winners.

16. #251 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Agreed about the problems of "he who writes the history books". I would hope that there's enough archeological evidence to either support or dispute previous views.
    Retroactive History, Based on Real-Life Experiences in the Present

There's far more than enough evidence in the here and now to prove that our forefathers did the right thing in removing or suppressing these humanoid obstacles to progress.

17. #252 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,989 Times in 11,516 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,459 Times in 2,200 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The Sage of Main Street View Post
    The Neanderthal Didn't Die Out; They Were Killed Off.

Not entirely human. An Asian version of the Neanderthal. Racism is part of the Survival Instinct; Liberalism is part of the Death Wish.

The race card is a Joker. Losers play it to make themselves feel like winners.
    You are just a racist asshole.

18. #253 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,713 Times in 27,343 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,977 Times in 2,694 Posts

Indigenous people day is no more a celebration of Aztec ritual human sacrifice than President's day is a celebration of George Washington making human beings his slaves.

19. #254 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

History books are written in human blood.

'History is not the soil in which happiness grows. The periods of happiness in it are the blank pages of history.'
    — Georg Wilhelm Hegel

The Romans lining the Appian Way with crucified slaves is just one example of mankind's brutality to fellow man.

https://appianwayrome.weebly.com/spa...ppian-way.html
    Deep in Communist Tyranny, the Soviets Staged a Ballet Claiming That They, Too, Were Spartacus

That was the result of the insurrection led by Spartacus, even though none of them look like Cory Booker.

20. #255 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Dachshund View Post
    Are you referring to the "Black Operations" in South Chicago, in 2020-1, where African - "Americans" get drugged up every Saturday night -hit the streets - and blow each others brains out for sport, and by the score, with hand guns and other firearms ?

Dachshund

DLM....Dachshund Lives Matter
    Links Are Part of a Chain, a Brain-Chain

Dindus need links. You gave none, so the race traitors can pretend it's not true. It can't be true, because it would make them lose that warm and fuzzy feeling if it were true.