Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: Happy Indigenous People's Day!

1. #151 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 55 Times in 52 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Biden becomes first president to proclaim Indigenous Peoples' Day

"Oct. 9 (UPI) -- President Joe Biden is the first president to issue a proclamation for Indigenous Peoples' Day.

Biden issued the proclamation on Friday, recognizing Monday as Indigenous People's Day, and marking the first time a U.S. president has done so.
    Advertisement

"Our country was conceived on a promise of equality and opportunity for all people -- a promise that, despite the extraordinary progress we have made through the years, we have never fully lived up to," Biden wrote in the proclamation. "That is especially true when it comes to upholding the rights and dignity of the Indigenous people who were here long before colonization of the Americas began."

"History demonstrates that Native American people -- and our nation as a whole -- are best served when tribal governments are empowered to lead their communities and when federal officials listen to and work together with Tribal leaders when formulating federal policy that affects tribal nations," Biden wrote.
    Advertisement

"The contributions that Indigenous peoples have made throughout history -- in public service, entrepreneurship, scholarship, the arts, and countless other fields -- are integral to our Nation, our culture, and our society," he continued."

Indigenous People's Day

1. Female warriors

Native American women fought alongside men in battles, the most popular among them being the Buffalo Calf Road Woman of the Northern Cheyenne tribe.

2. Popcorn

The Indigenous Americans were the first to domesticate the strains of maize that produced popcorn thousands of years ago.

3. Maria Tallchief

The first Native American (and American) to dance at the Bolshoi Theatre in Moscow and with the Paris Opera Ballet was Maria Tallchief.

4. Hockey

The Native American tribes of Foxes, Saux, and Assiniboine played a game called shinny, which is where hockey came from.

5. The sequoia tree

The sequoia tree is named after the revered Cherokee leader Sequoyah, who created an alphabet for his people.
    A Hideout Is Not a Homeland

Prehistorically, these indigenees were unevolved Asian bandit gangs that got kicked out of that habitable territory and driven North towards the Arctic Circle. No people would choose that frozen wasteland as a place to settle down in. Therefore, they logically must have escaped there as fugitives from civilized justice. They kept on going and wound up in the Americas, where they continued their incompetence to get much out of the land and resorted to intertribal genocide in order to survive.
    On the outside, trickling down on the Insiders

We won't live free until the Democrats, and their voters, live in fear.

2. #152 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,479 Times in 52,483 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,514 Times in 2,471 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    With historical hindsight, the Major is wrong. The Code-Talkers did their job and did it well, but their unique code didn't make a nickel's worth of difference to the outcome.

One glance at some of the planning for that operation shows this clearly.

https://external-preview.redd.it/d7G...=webp&20a56ff6
    It's all hindsight. It was a great fucking idea and if it saved the life of one Marine, it was worth the price.

The link gets a Error 403 Forbidden code.
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

3. #153 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,427 Times in 53,292 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Sage of Main Street View Post
    A Hideout Is Not a Homeland

Prehistorically, these indigenees were unevolved Asian bandit gangs that got kicked out of that habitable territory and driven North towards the Arctic Circle. No people would choose that frozen wasteland as a place to settle down in. Therefore, they logically must have escaped there as fugitives from civilized justice. They kept on going and wound up in the Americas, where they continued their incompetence to get much out of the land and resorted to intertribal genocide in order to survive.
    Nice post; another racist revisionist heard from, singing the song of his people. They must be so proud of you, making that up all by yourself. You did make it all up, right? It's not a copy-and-paste from Daily Stormer or OANN?
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

Phantasmal (10-11-2021)

5. #154 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,307 Times in 13,426 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 843 Times in 802 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    It's all hindsight. It was a great fucking idea and if it saved the life of one Marine, it was worth the price.

The link gets a Error 403 Forbidden code.
    Sorry, it worked for me.

This was the original one I was linking to:

https://www.reddit.com/r/wwiipics/co...nt_target_map/

6. The Following User Says Thank You to T. A. Gardner For This Post:

Doc Dutch (10-11-2021)

7. #155 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by signalmankenneth View Post
    Need to change the name of Columbus Day to Indigenous People's Day?!!

This year marks the first time a U.S. president has officially recognized Indigenous Peoples' Day.

President Biden issued a proclamation on Friday to observe this Oct. 11 as a day to honor Native Americans, their resilience and their contributions to American society throughout history, even as they faced assimilation, discrimination and genocide spanning generations. The move shifts focus from Columbus Day, the federal holiday celebrating Christopher Columbus, which shares the same date as Indigenous Peoples' Day this year.

Dylan Baca, a 19-year-old Arizonan who was instrumental in helping broker the proclamation, is overwhelmed by the gravity of Biden's action.

"I still don't think I've fully absorbed what that has meant," he said. "This is a profound thing the president has done, and it's going to mean a lot to so many people."

https://www.npr.org/2021/10/11/10448...icans-columbus

Senator Pottawannabe

Turned down by Kamala, Bi-den must be getting BJs from Elizabeth Warren.

8. #156 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Sorry, it worked for me.

This was the original one I was linking to:

Very cool. Thanks. The Navy certainly pounded the shit out of the island. Not sure if it made a difference. LOL

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

The Sage of Main Street (10-11-2021)

10. #157 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Terri4Trump View Post
    On Columbus Day We're celebrating the exploration; the journey; taking the risk. Where would be without curiosity and wandering? The world might still be seen as flat. This day we celebrate Columbus' bravery to explore. It has absolutely nothing to do with the local savages.

These are the types of things that losers on the Left cannot grasp.
    American: Daniel Boone
    Democrat: Boondoggle

The Latin phrase on our dollar bill Annuit (audacibus) Coeptis means "Fortune favors those who dare to do things. Luck is with those who take risks."

11. #158 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Very cool. Thanks. The Navy certainly pounded the shit out of the island. Not sure if it made a difference. LOL
    For some perspective: Pick any one US heavy cruiser present, say Salt Lake City. That single ship was scheduled to fire more rounds in bombardment of Iwo Jima than the entirety of the bombardment force (Cruiser division 7) the Japanese were going to use at Midway...

12. The Following User Says Thank You to T. A. Gardner For This Post:

PoliTalker (10-11-2021)

13. #159 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Sovereign land...or do you want to break that treaty too?
    Indigenee Halloween: Trick or Treaty

Americans never broke any treaties with the Indians, because Americans were never stupid enough to trust those forked-tongue savages. The race traitors in the government made those treaties in order to endanger and humiliate the public. Appeasing backward thrill-killers was an elitist policy to put us in our place. Sound familiar?

14. #160 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,610 Times in 10,571 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

Sorry but my understanding was not to put false words in his mouth. Not that I'm restricted from using a public image. His would be the only one. I've done the same with Spaz and Stone. Maybe some others. Why is the Stolen Valor cocksucker Terry O'Brien special?

This isn't doxxing; the douchebag puts his picture out there. People are free to do the same thing to my photos. That's why people shrink them or slightly obscure them; because they aren't fucking dumbass stolen valor cocksuckers spamming the forum with their fucking videos.

Which brings up a point about stolen valor. Terry O'Brien is impersonating a female combat veteran with his Terri4Trump sock puppet. He's fucked up a few times mixing up T4T and his Great American account. He's a stolen valor fuckwad.

While I agree Terry O'Brien is free to be a stolen valor cocksucker sexting with his fans, please allow me the freedom to confront him about his lies, sexual trickery and stolen valor. TIA
    Just do it without the image, and without following him around. If all you do is follow GA around, then you will find rule 14 an issue.

Basically, when you make something my problem, it doesn't stay my problem I share that load.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

15. #161 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

For some perspective: Pick any one US heavy cruiser present, say Salt Lake City. That single ship was scheduled to fire more rounds in bombardment of Iwo Jima than the entirety of the bombardment force (Cruiser division 7) the Japanese were going to use at Midway...
    God Bless American industrial might. The price was heavy.

Per our earlier discussion, nowadays the island would still be taken, if it still necessary for the mission, but modern weapons and tactics would save a lot of Marine lives. The mission always comes first but good support from the Federal government allows Marines, and the other services, to do the mission with a minimal cost in American lives.

An example is Iwo Jima and Afghanistan:

The US lost over 7300 sailors and Marines taking Iwo Jima. In 20 years of war, the US lost 2,448 service personnel and 3,846 US contractors in Afghanistan.

A fascinating difference, IMHO.

PS Private Contractor deaths https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...in_Afghanistan

16. #162 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

God Bless American industrial might. The price was heavy.

Per our earlier discussion, nowadays the island would still be taken, if it still necessary for the mission, but modern weapons and tactics would save a lot of Marine lives. The mission always comes first but good support from the Federal government allows Marines, and the other services, to do the mission with a minimal cost in American lives.

An example is Iwo Jima and Afghanistan:

The US lost over 7300 sailors and Marines taking Iwo Jima. In 20 years of war, the US lost 2,448 service personnel and 3,846 US contractors in Afghanistan.

A fascinating difference, IMHO.

PS Private Contractor deaths https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...in_Afghanistan
    Yep. In Iraq a building or structure that the enemy or a terrorist was hiding in became known as an "AWR." That is, "Allah's Waiting Room." This was because in a few minutes or less a large PGM was going to come through the window and blow the baddies away with the rest of the building. They would then be with Allah who would give them 72 virgins....

And, they all have hunting licenses with no bag limit...

17. #163 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    Just do it without the image, and without following him around. If all you do is follow GA around, then you will find rule 14 an issue.

Basically, when you make something my problem, it doesn't stay my problem I share that load.
    I understand the principle of shit rolling downhill and also rule 14.

BTW, what's the bag limit on that? 5 times a day? That's about what Bobbie does. j/k

Obviously Terry O'Brien is too big of a fucking gutless Stolen Valor cocksucker to discuss this himself and his incessant mewling and whining would certainly be a problem you shouldn't have to endure. If me cooling my jets a bit helps you, I'm more than happy to do it, sir.

For the record, if anyone is sitting next to a stolen valor cocksucker like Terry O'Brien, please smack them across the mouth and say "STOP THAT!" TIA

18. #164 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello T. A. Gardner,

With historical hindsight, the Major is wrong. The Code-Talkers did their job and did it well, but their unique code didn't make a nickel's worth of difference to the outcome.

One glance at some of the planning for that operation shows this clearly.

https://external-preview.redd.it/d7G...=webp&20a56ff6
    Dead link.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

19. #165 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello T. A. Gardner,
    Dead link.
    Yes, Dutch let me know. Here's one that works.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to T. A. Gardner For This Post:

PoliTalker (10-11-2021)