Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: So who here regrets voting for Biden now?

1. #76 | Top
    Living in rural America, "clinging to guns and religion"
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,614 Times in 17,054 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 522 Times in 502 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Yes. As the Bluntskulls get lost in the wake of electrons, someone will finally ask "Boy, what have you got under that hood".
    When "Zero to 60 in 3 seconds" computes in the Brain of a GearHead, EV sales will begin to climb.
    A Top Fuel dragster accelerates so quickly that its already passed 60 mph by the time the rear tires have crossed the start line (300 inches, or 25 feet).
    Using a 500 CI internal combustion engine, it can accelerate from a standstill to 100 mph (160 km/h) in as little as 0.8 seconds. And doesn't need plugged in

Yes, we "gearheads" are well aware of the all electric Ford Mustang Cobra Jet 1400 drag that car just set a quarter mile record for an EV, at 8.128 seconds
    at a stunning 171.97 mph. Yep, but you can't even hear it, and the sound of thundering big blocks is part of why you go see them in the first place.
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to RB 60 For This Post:

ExpressLane (10-11-2021)

3. #77 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,151 Times in 10,077 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,450 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RB 60 View Post
    A Top Fuel dragster accelerates so quickly that its already passed 60 mph by the time the rear tires have crossed the start line (300 inches, or 25 feet).
    Using a 500 CI internal combustion engine, it can accelerate from a standstill to 100 mph (160 km/h) in as little as 0.8 seconds. And doesn't need plugged in

Yes, we "gearheads" are well aware of the all electric Ford Mustang Cobra Jet 1400 drag that car just set a quarter mile record for an EV, at 8.128 seconds
    at a stunning 171.97 mph. Yep, but you can't even hear it, and the sound of thundering big blocks is part of why you go see them in the first place.

(shaking head) When all the Hot Babes start preferring 'EV guys' to the 'Grease Monkey boys', your attitude will surely change.

4. #78 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,176 Times in 14,712 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 952 Times in 936 Posts
    Blog Entries

Guys like building engines for more power. I'm not sure an EV will have that kind of appear. I have a 2008 GT 500 Shelby that I modified and it produces 730 hp . An EV might beat it but I bet it would be a close race.
    IMPEACH 46 FOR TREASON
    Biden/Harris 2024
    IT'S A NO BRAINER!

5. #79 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,548 Times in 1,137 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 215 Times in 201 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Terri4Trump View Post
    Since only retarded morons voted for Biden in the first place they are too stupid to regret it.
    And yet they are the ones that are still more intelligent then trash like your gawd trump, and you.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...his-loyalists/
    "2Timothy 3 "But know this, that in the last days perilous times will come: For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, unloving, unforgiving, slanderers, without self-control, brutal, despisers of good, traitors, headstrong, haughty, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, having a form of godliness but denying its power. And from such people turn away"

6. #80 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    (shaking head) When all the Hot Babes start preferring 'EV guys' to the 'Grease Monkey boys', your attitude will surely change.

Why would it change? Us grease monkeys are old and don't care anymore. Besides, any hot babes that would want us are gold diggers
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to RB 60 For This Post:

Jack (10-11-2021)

8. #81 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by ExpressLane View Post
    Guys like building engines for more power. I'm not sure an EV will have that kind of appear. I have a 2008 GT 500 Shelby that I modified and it produces 730 hp . An EV might beat it but I bet it would be a close race.
    It's a fact electric motors rev further, faster and can produce lots of HP and torque. Bob's Cobra Jet proves that. But who wants to wait 6 hrs. for your car to charge after 300 miles? If you can find a charger.
    Yep, our generation is getting older and kids these days don't even look twice at a "70 BOSS 429 Mustang. An '08? That's before they rounded the ass end, right? My friend has an '07 GT 500, her husband sold a '69 BOSS 302 and bought the GT just before he dies with the China virus (he had cancer). His widow drives it to car shows. 730 HP on the street is not for the timid. If you can get it to hook, you'd give him all he could handle. When I get my motor for my Cobra, it will be pushing over 500 HP. In a 1900 lb. car, it should be nothing to mess with.

9. #82 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,241 Times in 6,872 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,850 Times in 1,713 Posts

There were better candidates in the Dem field. But since he was the only choice at the end - no one should regret voting for him.

10. #83 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,832 Times in 17,264 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,598 Times in 4,276 Posts

It's a fact electric motors rev further, faster and can produce lots of HP and torque. Bob's Cobra Jet proves that. But who wants to wait 6 hrs. for your car to charge after 300 miles? If you can find a charger.
    Yep, our generation is getting older and kids these days don't even look twice at a "70 BOSS 429 Mustang. An '08? That's before they rounded the ass end, right? My friend has an '07 GT 500, her husband sold a '69 BOSS 302 and bought the GT just before he dies with the China virus (he had cancer). His widow drives it to car shows. 730 HP on the street is not for the timid. If you can get it to hook, you'd give him all he could handle. When I get my motor for my Cobra, it will be pushing over 500 HP. In a 1900 lb. car, it should be nothing to mess with.
    You keep your automotive expertise in ICEs selective. You are way behind in electric. https://pod-point.com/guides/driver/...n-electric-car The technology has gone a long way since you read anything about it. It gets better all the time.

11. #84 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,581 Times in 9,703 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,312 Times in 1,210 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Capitalist View Post
    Not me. Yeah, Biden has made some mistakes. All presidents do. It's inevitable.
    But it's SOOOO refreshing to have a competent human in the WH that talks like an adult, doesn't constantly lie out his ass and brings honor and authenticity back to the office.

Does this former Republican regret voting for Biden?

Not only NO but FUCK NO!
    No JPP lib will ever admit it.

12. #85 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    You keep your automotive expertise in ICEs selective. You are way behind in electric. https://pod-point.com/guides/driver/...n-electric-car The technology has gone a long way since you read anything about it. It gets better all the time.
    Let me know when an electric motor the size of a 500 cubic inch internal combustion engine produces 12,000 HP.

13. #86 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,364 Times in 6,036 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 602 Times in 566 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by goat View Post
    This is what you'll get in 2023.

Still better than Trump.
    A lot better.
    A whole helluva lot better.
    A whole fucking helluva lot better.

Judge Juan M. Merchan wrote that Trump “appears to take the position that his situation and this case are unique and that the pre-trial publicity will never subside. However, this view does not align with reality.”

14. #87 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,832 Times in 17,264 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,598 Times in 4,276 Posts

Let me know when an electric motor the size of a 500 cubic inch internal combustion engine produces 12,000 HP.
    Why? Is that what you think cars are for? Can you drive those on the street? Most electric cars are quick off the line. But that fact they cannot beat a dragster in a quarter-mile is irrelevant. That is not what we use cars for.

15. #88 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,364 Times in 6,036 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 602 Times in 566 Posts

I took a trip to my Alma Mater for a football game last week. Battery was 30% spent and charged up to 100% in about 20 minutes on a supercharger.

Other than long trips, all my charging is done in my garage. No trips to gas stations. No oil price anxiety. No oil changes. No Auto Trans filling. No radiator filling.
    About the only maintenance you have is adding Windshield Washer fluid. And because of the regenerative braking, you rarely use the brake petal (maybe 10%) so no brake maintenance. The people who use charging time as a negative against getting an EV are ignorant of the real facts about EVs.
    They probably also believe Trump won the 2020 election.

Judge Juan M. Merchan wrote that Trump “appears to take the position that his situation and this case are unique and that the pre-trial publicity will never subside. However, this view does not align with reality.”

16. #89 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Why? Is that what you think cars are for? Can you drive those on the street? Most electric cars are quick off the line. But that fact they cannot beat a dragster in a quarter-mile is irrelevant. That is not what we use cars for.
    That is what the internal combustion engine evolved to and is capable of, all from street car engines. It's what WW II vets did after coming home from winning the war.
    Irrelevant? Yeah, when it comes to the street, but you can still build a streetable internal combustion engine that produces more HP per size than an electric car (motor
    plus battery). You can buzz around in your bug zapper, I'll kill mosquitoes the way we've been doing it since the 1800's. With the internal combustion engine.

17. #90 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,931 Times in 5,908 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 444 Times in 424 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Capitalist View Post
    Not me. Yeah, Biden has made some mistakes. All presidents do. It's inevitable.
    But it's SOOOO refreshing to have a competent human in the WH that talks like an adult, doesn't constantly lie out his ass and brings honor and authenticity back to the office.

Does this former Republican regret voting for Biden?

Not only NO but FUCK NO!
    Honor ? You're joking, right ?
    Doesn't constantly lie ? Should this be in the humor forum ?
    "Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Joseph Stalin
    The USA has lost WWIV to China with no other weapons but China Virus and some cash to buy democrats.