Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Republicans Lie That It’s Democrats’ — Not Trump’s — Debts That Need to Be Paid

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,916 Times in 6,548 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,882 Times in 1,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by zymurgy View Post
    you can try to make it be that, but I know it isn't that

this is Americas debt. And Democrats wanted it to be bigger. That is why we need to not expand - it never ends

time to cut our losses. suffer though it and stop fucking the world over
    Cut or losses? default on our obligations? Not pay interest on bonds, or social security recipients? Send the country and the world into a major depression?
    You are either an idiot or just plain stupid, maybe both. You have no fucking idea of what you post.

2. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,989 Times in 11,516 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,459 Times in 2,200 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by signalmankenneth View Post
    Extending the debt ceiling now is to pay for that 8 trillion dollars Trump and the GOP added to the national debt, not new debt?!!

As Democrats scramble to raise the debt ceiling before the U.S. defaults, Republicans like Senators Ted Cruz (R-Texas) and John Cornyn (R-Texas) have been misleading the public about who incurred the debts in the first place. More and more transparently, the GOP is revealing that their goal is to cause financial disaster — and to blame it on Democrats.

Republicans are planning to block yet another Democratic attempt to raise the debt ceiling on Wednesday. Over the past few weeks, they’ve left Democrats with few options for avoiding a default, which has led President Joe Biden to suggest that his party’s leaders carve out a filibuster exception just for the debt limit.

Even though a debt default could spell financial chaos for the country, potentially sapping trillions of dollars of household wealth from American families, Republicans have refused to budge — and even though the debts that need to be paid were incurred during the Trump administration, they are claiming the debt is the Democrats’ fault for wanting to pass their widely popular social and climate spending plan.

https://truthout.org/articles/republ...ed-to-be-paid/

US debt, not from a person or party. Required by the Constitution. Big waste of time.

3. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,554 Times in 2,628 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 216 Times in 211 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by floridafan View Post
    Cut or losses? default on our obligations? Not pay interest on bonds, or social security recipients? Send the country and the world into a major depression?
    You are either an idiot or just plain stupid, maybe both. You have no fucking idea of what you post.
    yep. I care more about conservation apparently. We are living an untenable lifestyle, and allowing you to continue to deficit spend is just making it worse.

We used to have a check and balance - you had to save to spend. You abused this power - which was created to prevent things like depressions. now when peoples home values start to crater - because it was in a bubble, you use this power to rob the world so you can continue to live an untenable lifestyle. Or you do it so you can give money to Haitians. And on and on and on. No end in sight, unless we cut your card

also - we defaulted before. 1971 - the Nixon shock. so stop pretending it can't be done.

4. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,948 Times in 1,418 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 111 Times in 104 Posts

The CBO forecasted ACA was unsustainable and would drive debt out of reach

5. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,233 Times in 7,125 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,197 Times in 1,112 Posts

Since when did raising the debt ceiling become political?

Now that that has become political- the debt ceiling must be done away with- to prevent this crisis from happening again.

6. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

yep. I care more about conservation apparently. We are living an untenable lifestyle, and allowing you to continue to deficit spend is just making it worse.

We used to have a check and balance - you had to save to spend. You abused this power - which was created to prevent things like depressions. now when peoples home values start to crater - because it was in a bubble, you use this power to rob the world so you can continue to live an untenable lifestyle. Or you do it so you can give money to Haitians. And on and on and on. No end in sight, unless we cut your card

also - we defaulted before. 1971 - the Nixon shock. so stop pretending it can't be done.
    We have NEVER defaulted, and the debt in question was all incurred by Trump, to which you never once complained. Now why wont republicans pay their own bills, and cut out the BS.

7. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

We have NEVER defaulted, and the debt in question was all incurred by Trump, to which you never once complained. Now why wont republicans pay their own bills, and cut out the BS.
    bla bla bla

we never defaulted - we just told everyone that had a deal with us to fuck off.

you are a clown.

8. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,007 Times in 2,639 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 404 Times in 391 Posts

How much debt would it be if democrats were not told to fuck off? You pretending you didn't want more spending is comical.

nice clown shoes!
    I know you cannot read but the debt under democratic presidents rose way lower than under dumbfuck republican. cllinton actually had budget surpluses his last 4 years, dickhead. read something, bitch.

9. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

bla bla bla

we never defaulted - we just told everyone that had a deal with us to fuck off.

you are a clown.
    https://www.cbsnews.com/news/debt-ce...tates-economy/

10. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Daddy View Post
    I know you cannot read but the debt under democratic presidents rose way lower than under dumbfuck republican. cllinton actually had budget surpluses his last 4 years, dickhead. read something, bitch.
    Clinton raided the social security fund to make it look like we had a surplus. Our total debt went up every year Clinton was in office - and once again - he wanted to spend so much, the Contract With America prevented him from doing so.

nice try clown shoes. you lose too

11. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

cut and paster. so you debate like a 10 year old. dismissed

12. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,966 Times in 32,281 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Concart View Post
    At the end of the day, it is the debt of the United States of America, it was incurred by Congress, and it is the job of Congress to pay for it. Not Democrats, not Republicans. CONGRESS. McConnell is once again refusing to do his job. I say, let him. See how that works out for you Mitch.
    see this is why we think demmycrats are idiots.....Congress pays for nothing.....taxpayers do......Congress just steals money from taxpayers and wastes it.......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

13. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    see this is why we think demmycrats are idiots.....Congress pays for nothing.....taxpayers do......Congress just steals money from taxpayers and wastes it.......
    this is why I think you are a dummy

We are trillions in debt - so taxpayers aren't paying for it

14. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,966 Times in 32,281 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Its the 8 trillion of trumps debts that must be paid for. Remember how angry you got when Obama went through 7 trillion in eight years, nw Trump wasted more in just 4 years, and you say nothing!
    Trump's spending was covered by the debt ceiling in place.......otherwise we would have run out of money in August........
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

15. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

cut and paster. so you debate like a 10 year old. dismissed
    You haven't change one bit my dear. You still are an ignorant bitch who gets paid to lie each and ever day.