Thread: Texas man who refused mask arrested for restaurant stabbing

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,849 Times in 14,187 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,453 Times in 1,372 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default Texas man who refused mask arrested for restaurant stabbing

Police in Texas have arrested a man who was accused of stabbing a restaurant manager with a pocketknife after being told he needed to wear a mask.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime...ing/ar-AAP2q5F
    “If we have to have a choice between being dead and pitied, and being alive with a bad image, we’d rather be alive and have the bad image.”

— Golda Meir

Zionism is the movement for the self-determination and statehood for the Jewish people in their ancestral homeland, the land of Israel.

“If Hamas put down their weapons, there would be no more violence. If the Jews put down their weapons, there would be no Israel."

ברוך השם

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Guno צְבִי For This Post:

AProudLefty (10-01-2021), Frank Apisa (10-01-2021), signalmankenneth (10-01-2021)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello guno,

Quote Originally Posted by guno View Post
    Police in Texas have arrested a man who was accused of stabbing a restaurant manager with a pocketknife after being told he needed to wear a mask.

Looney tunes crazy whack-a-doodle!

What did he think?

"Oh, If I just get rid of this nuisance of a restaurant manager then I can have a nice meal here???"

???
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

AProudLefty (10-01-2021), Guno צְבִי (10-01-2021), signalmankenneth (10-01-2021)

5. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,551 Times in 2,991 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 107 Times in 102 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello guno,

Looney tunes crazy whack-a-doodle!

What did he think?

"Oh, If I just get rid of this nuisance of a restaurant manager then I can have a nice meal here???"

???
    Agreed. What an idiot. I wonder sometimes what happens to people’s minds.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to leaningright For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (10-01-2021), PoliTalker (10-01-2021)

7. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello leaningright,

Quote Originally Posted by leaningright View Post
    Agreed. What an idiot. I wonder sometimes what happens to people’s minds.
    Really, what it is, is Tucker Carlson.

He tells people liberals are destroying America, gets them all angry at liberals, and by extension COVID protocols.

This guy has one bad day, tries to get a meal, gets told to wear a mask and loses it.

All of his frustration comes boiling over.

Of course it is not rational to think he could get a nice meal after stabbing the manager.

It was irrational.

It came out of anger and frustration.

And we can just take a wild guess where that comes from.

It's no mystery what is dividing America.

Right wing hate peddlers. That's what.

And a lot of that comes from Russia, too.

Everybody wondered what form the cyber war would take.

Well this is it.

Release hundreds of internet manipulators to spread hatred and set America into infighting.

Then you have somebody like Tucker Carlson who comes along and sees a big profit in whipping up ever more hatred.

After all. It's very provocative. Gets lots of attention. Bumps ratings up. Sells lots of advertising.

And this is the result.

Tucker Carlson worth $30 million. A guy stabs a restaurant manager of a mask. And no direct line can be drawn between the two in a legal sense.

Well, the line is not very hard to see.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

AProudLefty (10-01-2021), Guno צְבִי (10-01-2021)

9. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,551 Times in 2,991 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 107 Times in 102 Posts

I don’t watch Tucker. I remember seeing him on some show back in the day when I watched some of the political shows on various channels. He wore a bow tie. I cannot blame some idiot’s assault on hearing something on a political talk show though.

When I was in my early 20’s and into my 30’s I listened to Rush Limbaugh. I read his books. Somewhere in this house I have stored several copies of the Limbaugh Letter which I had subscribed to. I’m thinking Carlson can be no worse than Rush when it comes to stirring up “the right.” I’ll be the first to admit, Limbaugh in his early years validated what I was thinking when I watched CNN. No matter how much he stirred the angst of the right I never wanted to stab anybody.

At some point personal responsibility has to enter the picture. It’s like blaming Halo or Call of Duty for someone deciding to go out and shoot up a public place. So whether I agree with Tucker Carlson’s politics or not (and I really don’t know…he sounds like he is to the right of even me) I’m not blaming him for this idiot’s actions.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to leaningright For This Post:

PoliTalker (10-01-2021)

11. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,785 Times in 17,104 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,344 Times in 2,263 Posts
    Blog Entries

Halo or Call of Duty does not tell you lies and encourage you to be aggressive.

12. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello leaningright,

Quote Originally Posted by leaningright View Post
    I don’t watch Tucker. I remember seeing him on some show back in the day when I watched some of the political shows on various channels. He wore a bow tie. I cannot blame some idiot’s assault on hearing something on a political talk show though.

When I was in my early 20’s and into my 30’s I listened to Rush Limbaugh. I read his books. Somewhere in this house I have stored several copies of the Limbaugh Letter which I had subscribed to. I’m thinking Carlson can be no worse than Rush when it comes to stirring up “the right.” I’ll be the first to admit, Limbaugh in his early years validated what I was thinking when I watched CNN. No matter how much he stirred the angst of the right I never wanted to stab anybody.

At some point personal responsibility has to enter the picture. It’s like blaming Halo or Call of Duty for someone deciding to go out and shoot up a public place. So whether I agree with Tucker Carlson’s politics or not (and I really don’t know…he sounds like he is to the right of even me) I’m not blaming him for this idiot’s actions.
    That's such a rational view! I'm not surprised at all that you would say that. For most well adjusted people, if they watch Carlson, they might take a dim view of the left, but they are not going to resort to violence. Thankfully!

But this is only one guy. Who knows what else is going on in his life. Maybe he is a racist. Maybe his hatred spoiled any chance for a good relationship or a good functional family situation. Maybe he is bitter. Maybe he just got fired for refusing to get vaccinated. Who knows?

I threw my first impression out there. It's just a guess. I can't back it up with any evidence. I'm probably wrong. But that's my first thought about it.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

leaningright (10-01-2021)

14. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Interesting this happened in March and they are just getting around to arresting the guy now.

And they knew who it was the whole time.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (10-01-2021)

16. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Part of the fault has to lie with Gov Abbott.

If he had simply kept a State-wide mask policy in place it would not place so much focus on individual restaurants which chose to have mask requirements.

Abbott said businesses should decide for themselves if they want to fight the pandemic. He's not going to do it on a Statewide level.

DUMB!

That places way too much pressure on business managers to be the mask police.

People are allowed to take their masks off while seated, but up at the counter they have to wear them?

I can see where frustrated hateful people are going to object to that.

Really, dining rooms should be shut down until the pandemic is over.

17. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,637 Times in 10,063 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,101 Times in 1,013 Posts

Chicago security guard stabbed 27 times after asking shoppers to mask up amid coronavirus

AP20301767950905.jpg
    AP20301767952401.jpg

https://www.foxnews.com/us/chicago-s...sk-coronavirus

Wonder why u didn't post about this?

18. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,785 Times in 17,104 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,344 Times in 2,263 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by volsrock View Post
    Chicago security guard stabbed 27 times after asking shoppers to mask up amid coronavirus

AP20301767950905.jpg
    AP20301767952401.jpg

It's your duty, racist.

19. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Or this POS

Man Accused Of Killing DeKalb Cashier Over Face Masks Indicted

AAOInV4.jpg

Is this gunos cracka brother?

20. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    It's your duty, racist.
    Those are rural crackas ...just ask cock socking guno

21. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Funny u will post about this one attack, and ignore the 100s of attacks on Asians committed by black's

22. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,835 Times in 17,266 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,601 Times in 4,278 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by volsrock View Post

AP20301767950905.jpg
    AP20301767952401.jpg

Blacks have people who are unable to understand science and logic. They buy into right-wing hate, just like you do. This is about people who attack others who are just doing their jobs. There was a thread on the blacks doing it . This is an up-to-date case that just hit the courts. Can you understand why this has a thread now? Your bigotry is showing again.