Members banned from this thread: evince, moon, Micawber, LV426, reagansghost, Cinnabar, AProudLefty, Doc Dutch, BartenderElite, Concart, Diesel and Hoosier Daddy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Border Patrol was 'thrown under the bus' by Biden administration, top union official

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,568 Times in 17,849 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,238 Times in 3,042 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default Border Patrol was 'thrown under the bus' by Biden administration, top union official

Border Patrol was 'thrown under the bus' by Biden administration, top union official says
    Biden administration used Border Patrol horse images to deflect blame, union vice president says
    By Lisa Bennatan | Fox News

Border Patrol was 'thrown under the bus' by Biden administration, top union official says

Border patrol agents are mad and upset that leadership is throwing them under the bus, a top official with the agency's union told Fox News in Del Rio, Texas.

"The agents feel like – at all levels of management, from [Customs and Border Protection] to [the Department of Homeland Security] and to the White House – that they've been thrown under the bus because no investigation has been completed, yet you're hearing the president say these people will pay," National Border Patrol Council Vice President Jon Anfinsen told Fox News.

"The secretary echoed those sentiments," he continued. "And then Friday, of course, CBP's commissioner basically said the same thing."

Thousands of migrants gathered under the Del Rio International Bridge last week, overwhelming border authorities. Images of Border Patrol agents on horseback pursuing Haitian migrants went viral, with erroneous accusations that the officials were whipping the immigrants.

BIDEN WARNS MOUNTED BORDER PATROL AGENTS CHARGING MIGRANTS IN DEL RIO SECTOR: ‘THOSE PEOPLE WILL PAY’

In response, DHS temporarily suspended the use of horse patrols in Del Rio.

President Biden said: "It's horrible what you saw. To see people like they did, with horses, running them over, people being strapped, it's outrageous."

"I promise you, those people will pay," Biden added.

Anfinsen told Fox News: "It's insane that this is where the narrative has gone."

"In the situation, they were doing their job," he said. "There are allegations they were whipping people. We don't carry whips."

"Those were reins, and no reins were used to whip anybody," Anfinsen continued. "Simple as that."

He said "D.C. was largely not paying attention" to what was happening under the bridge despite there being about 15,000 people there.

"Now there's an incident where they can detract from the fact that they weren't paying attention," Anfinsen told Fox News. "They can point the blame at these agents on the ground and deflect any blame … onto these agents who were doing their job."

Anfinsen said Border Patrol uses horses for areas that are difficult to reach. He said, for example, they might be used to cross ranches that would require a 10-mile walk to get to an area to patrol.

Additionally, migrant groups are often more likely to give up seeing the large animals rather than fighting with agents, he said.

This "leads to fewer uses of force, which obviously we would all prefer," Anfinsen told Fox News.

Around 12,000 migrants who arrived in Del Rio were released into the U.S., Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas said on "Fox News Sunday."

More migrants will be encouraged to come if the vast majority of the latest group was released, Anfinsen said.

"People are going to think ‘I stand a very good chance of staying,’" he told Fox News. "So of course they'll cross because the message to them is ‘if you cross in this manner, you will get to stay.’"

Ultimately, Anfinsen believes Congress or the White House needs to change the laws and policy to make the border safer.
    https://www.foxnews.com/us/border-pa...-official-says
    Last edited by Earl; 09-28-2021 at 12:33 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Earl For This Post:

cancel2 2022 (09-28-2021)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,029 Times in 12,559 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,401 Times in 1,345 Posts
    Blog Entries

The people who have imposed open borders without the consent of the nation do not give a flying fuck about the border guards.

News @ 11.
    This illegal illegitimate regime that runs America is at fault...not me.... they do not represent me and I have long objected to their crimes against humanity.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Hawkeye10 For This Post:

Earl (09-28-2021)

5. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    The people who have imposed open borders without the consent of the nation do not give a flying fuck about the border guards.

News @ 11.
    Indeed, these brave men and women are doing their job under dangerous conditions.

They were thrown under the bus by a president who has the blood of 13 American military heroes on his hand

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Earl For This Post:

cancel2 2022 (09-28-2021)

7. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Earl View Post
    Indeed, these brave men and women are doing their job under dangerous conditions.

They were thrown under the bus by a president who has the blood of 13 American military heroes on his hand
    The Revolution actively promotes lawlessness chaos and harm to American Citizens.

Buckle Up.
    This illegal illegitimate regime that runs America is at fault...not me.... they do not represent me and I have long objected to their crimes against humanity.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Hawkeye10 For This Post:

Earl (09-28-2021)

9. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,275 Times in 1,938 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 165 Times in 155 Posts

News @ 11.
    Agriculture, livestock, slaughterhouses, packhouses, restaurants, hospitality, construction, and technology are all dependent on open borders. Corporate America will never close our borders.

10. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

We got along just fine with seasonal workers allowed in to pick the vegetables and fruit and then return to Mexico.

Illegal immigration violates our immigration laws and is a crime to do so.

11. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by goat View Post
    Agriculture, livestock, slaughterhouses, packhouses, restaurants, hospitality, construction, and technology are all dependent on open borders. Corporate America will never close our borders.
    This is about cultural change, this is about Revolution.....Wake Up Pal.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Hawkeye10 For This Post:

Earl (09-28-2021)

13. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Indeed.

It's about votes and power.

14. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

That Tucker understands what is happening with open borders and speaks about it constantly is why there is a renewed push to silence him.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Hawkeye10 For This Post:

Earl (09-28-2021)

16. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,275 Times in 1,938 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 165 Times in 155 Posts

Corporate America will never allow our borders to be closed.

17. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

President Trump closed them, at least for the most part with walls and "remain in Mexico."

18. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Wake Up.

19. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Indeed.

It's about votes and power.
    No, this is about burning America down to the ground so that UTOPIA can rise from the ashes by way of magic.

20. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

This is societal suicide on a historically spectacular scale.....I doubt that it has ever been done better.

21. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,597 Times in 1,937 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 661 Times in 608 Posts

Biden administration used Border Patrol horse images to deflect blame, union vice president says
    By Lisa Bennatan | Fox News

Border patrol agents are mad and upset that leadership is throwing them under the bus, a top official with the agency's union told Fox News in Del Rio, Texas.

"The agents feel like – at all levels of management, from [Customs and Border Protection] to [the Department of Homeland Security] and to the White House – that they've been thrown under the bus because no investigation has been completed, yet you're hearing the president say these people will pay," National Border Patrol Council Vice President Jon Anfinsen told Fox News.

"The secretary echoed those sentiments," he continued. "And then Friday, of course, CBP's commissioner basically said the same thing."

Thousands of migrants gathered under the Del Rio International Bridge last week, overwhelming border authorities. Images of Border Patrol agents on horseback pursuing Haitian migrants went viral, with erroneous accusations that the officials were whipping the immigrants.

BIDEN WARNS MOUNTED BORDER PATROL AGENTS CHARGING MIGRANTS IN DEL RIO SECTOR: ‘THOSE PEOPLE WILL PAY’

In response, DHS temporarily suspended the use of horse patrols in Del Rio.

President Biden said: "It's horrible what you saw. To see people like they did, with horses, running them over, people being strapped, it's outrageous."

"I promise you, those people will pay," Biden added.

Anfinsen told Fox News: "It's insane that this is where the narrative has gone."

"In the situation, they were doing their job," he said. "There are allegations they were whipping people. We don't carry whips."

"Those were reins, and no reins were used to whip anybody," Anfinsen continued. "Simple as that."

He said "D.C. was largely not paying attention" to what was happening under the bridge despite there being about 15,000 people there.

"Now there's an incident where they can detract from the fact that they weren't paying attention," Anfinsen told Fox News. "They can point the blame at these agents on the ground and deflect any blame … onto these agents who were doing their job."

Anfinsen said Border Patrol uses horses for areas that are difficult to reach. He said, for example, they might be used to cross ranches that would require a 10-mile walk to get to an area to patrol.

Additionally, migrant groups are often more likely to give up seeing the large animals rather than fighting with agents, he said.

This "leads to fewer uses of force, which obviously we would all prefer," Anfinsen told Fox News.

Around 12,000 migrants who arrived in Del Rio were released into the U.S., Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas said on "Fox News Sunday."

More migrants will be encouraged to come if the vast majority of the latest group was released, Anfinsen said.

"People are going to think ‘I stand a very good chance of staying,’" he told Fox News. "So of course they'll cross because the message to them is ‘if you cross in this manner, you will get to stay.’"

Ultimately, Anfinsen believes Congress or the White House needs to change the laws and policy to make the border safer.
    https://www.foxnews.com/us/border-pa...-official-says
    Good at being un American and un Constitutional when it comes to abusing foreigners who are seeking help to at least give them a lawful and civilized way of entry to justify their need for asylum in the U.S., and to be evaluated based on any criminal records, etc. to which deportation would be justified. Yet, the U.S. Constitution clearly states versus the un American and barbaric atrocities of the so-called repuke insurgency. Actually treasonous republicans should have their citizenship revoked and either be banished from America or put in prison for life:

The U.S. Constitution gives very few specifics about the way U.S. immigration policy should look, but it provides broad guidelines as to who has authority to make such policy, as well as the legal means for challenges to elements of that policy.

In Article I, Section 8, the U.S. Constitution grants Congress the responsibility “To establish an uniform Rule of Naturalization,” determining how immigrants can become citizens. Despite this charge, many states enacted their own immigration policies during the Republic’s early years. According to the University of California, Irvine law professor Jennifer Chacon, “for the first century of the United States’ existence, many states enacted laws regulating and controlling immigration into their own borders. Various states passed laws aimed at preventing a variety of populations from entering the borders of their states, including individuals with criminal records, people reliant on public assistance, slaves, and free blacks.”

Since the late 19th century, the U.S. Supreme court has consistently backed the federal immigration regulations against constitutional challenges. Still, Chacon writes, “Notwithstanding the letter of the law, federal immigration law is always mediated by powerful intervening forces at the state and local level.”

https://www.boundless.com/blog/u-s-c...n-immigration/
    Last edited by gemini104104; 09-28-2021 at 01:34 AM.