Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: When Will The U.S. Be Released From COVID Prison?

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,679 Times in 16,485 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 585 Times in 561 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default When Will The U.S. Be Released From COVID Prison?

Worth a read. The rest of the world is moving on. https://issuesinsights.com/2021/09/3...-covid-prison/

When Will The U.S. Be Released From COVID Prison?
    I & I Editorial Board
    September 30, 2021

Japan announced Tuesday that it was lifting its coronavirus state of emergency. The country joins Norway, Sweden, and Denmark in returning to normal. America, however, will continue to be largely under the boot of politicians, bureaucrats, and meddlesome public health officials. Even convicts have release dates. But we have no idea when we’ll be liberated because there are no objective standards, only political whim.

When asked Monday “how many Americans need to be vaccinated for us to go back to normal,” President Joe Biden replied: “I think we get the vast majority … 96, 97, 98 percent.”

First of all, that’s unrealistic. There is no single activity that more than 95% of the population, any population, will agree to participate in. Even if Biden said that Washington was going to hand out $1 million to every American next week, there would be holdouts. So the president’s benchmark is never going to be met. Which might very well be by design.

Second, herd immunity can be achieved when as little as “70% of the population – more than 200 million people” have recovered from COVID-19, says the Mayo Clinic, which also acknowledges that “reaching herd immunity through vaccination against COVID-19 might be difficult for many reasons.”

Of course a combination of those who have recovered and those who’ve taken the shot(s) could provide herd immunity.

Opinions, of course, vary. Others say the threshold is higher. Anthony Fauci, the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, whose credibility is suspect at best, said at one time that herd immunity could be reached at a 60% to 70% vaccination rate. He then changed it to 70% to 75%, then to 80% to 85%, even suggesting but not claiming that the minimum is 90%, while also admitting that he’s basing his estimates on a gut feeling.

Seems obvious where Biden is getting his “science” from.

Incidentally, the full-vaccination rate is 59% in Japan, 64% in Sweden, and 68% in Norway, all higher than the U.S. rate of 56%, but nowhere near the impossible rates that Fauci and Biden are demanding. Even Denmark, where the rate is 75%, falls short of the ruling class’ minimum.

While some red state governors have restored basic freedoms, Biden and blue state governors seem they’d rather follow the uncompromising models of Australia, which has suffered from “a mad rush into totalitarianism,” and New Zealand, also a “prison nation.” The Democrats and media are deeply invested in both stoking fear and putting as much of the country under their control as is possible.

Not only have tighter restrictions robbed people of their freedom, they have caused outcomes worse than if officials had done nothing in response to the pandemic. According to investigative journalist Jordan Schachtel, “you can now make the case that these ‘public health’ solutions actually caused far more health problems than COVID-19 ever could by itself.” He didn’t go by his gut. He arrived at that conclusion by following the facts, which led him to observe:

In America, due to government edicts, our overall health declined, we got sicker, we saw an unprecedented obesity increase, among other issues caused by ‘public health’ interventions. Far from solving the virus issue at hand, it’s become clear that all of these mandates and restrictions just added additional problems on top of the issue of an endemic seasonal virus.

Democrats have insisted theirs is the party of science and it is science that has determined their responses to the pandemic. But it’s clear that politics dictate their decisions, and that their rules will be lifted only when doing so benefits them and their agenda. The coronavirus outbreak has been a gift to the party that has come to exist solely to perpetuate and increase its ruling class powers and privileges.

— Written by the I&I Editorial Board

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,424 Times in 10,050 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

When you fucking idiots either get vaccinated or die.
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LV426 For This Post:

Geeko Sportivo (09-30-2021), NiftyNiblick (09-30-2021), signalmankenneth (09-30-2021)

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,917 Times in 1,477 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 77 Times in 75 Posts
    Blog Entries

I saw that the Norwegians got smart as well.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Grumpy For This Post:

Matt Dillon (09-30-2021), Sailor (09-30-2021)

6. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,948 Times in 1,418 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 111 Times in 104 Posts

Fear mongering Democrats only wanted the lockdowns at election time

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stringfellow Hawk For This Post:

Matt Dillon (09-30-2021), Sailor (09-30-2021)

8. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,679 Times in 16,485 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 585 Times in 561 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MAGA View Post
    Fear mongering Democrats only wanted the lockdowns at election time
    And a way to control their lemmings afterward.

9. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,785 Times in 17,104 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,344 Times in 2,263 Posts
    Blog Entries

Pretty funny that they mentioned Japan because it has always been a facemask culture.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to AProudLefty For This Post:

Phantasmal (09-30-2021)

11. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,242 Times in 10,706 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 579 Times in 563 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor View Post
    Worth a read. The rest of the world is moving on. https://issuesinsights.com/2021/09/3...-covid-prison/

I & I Editorial Board
    September 30, 2021

Japan announced Tuesday that it was lifting its coronavirus state of emergency. The country joins Norway, Sweden, and Denmark in returning to normal. America, however, will continue to be largely under the boot of politicians, bureaucrats, and meddlesome public health officials. Even convicts have release dates. But we have no idea when we’ll be liberated because there are no objective standards, only political whim.

When asked Monday “how many Americans need to be vaccinated for us to go back to normal,” President Joe Biden replied: “I think we get the vast majority … 96, 97, 98 percent.”

First of all, that’s unrealistic. There is no single activity that more than 95% of the population, any population, will agree to participate in. Even if Biden said that Washington was going to hand out $1 million to every American next week, there would be holdouts. So the president’s benchmark is never going to be met. Which might very well be by design.

Second, herd immunity can be achieved when as little as “70% of the population – more than 200 million people” have recovered from COVID-19, says the Mayo Clinic, which also acknowledges that “reaching herd immunity through vaccination against COVID-19 might be difficult for many reasons.”

Of course a combination of those who have recovered and those who’ve taken the shot(s) could provide herd immunity.

Opinions, of course, vary. Others say the threshold is higher. Anthony Fauci, the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, whose credibility is suspect at best, said at one time that herd immunity could be reached at a 60% to 70% vaccination rate. He then changed it to 70% to 75%, then to 80% to 85%, even suggesting but not claiming that the minimum is 90%, while also admitting that he’s basing his estimates on a gut feeling.

Seems obvious where Biden is getting his “science” from.

Incidentally, the full-vaccination rate is 59% in Japan, 64% in Sweden, and 68% in Norway, all higher than the U.S. rate of 56%, but nowhere near the impossible rates that Fauci and Biden are demanding. Even Denmark, where the rate is 75%, falls short of the ruling class’ minimum.

While some red state governors have restored basic freedoms, Biden and blue state governors seem they’d rather follow the uncompromising models of Australia, which has suffered from “a mad rush into totalitarianism,” and New Zealand, also a “prison nation.” The Democrats and media are deeply invested in both stoking fear and putting as much of the country under their control as is possible.

Not only have tighter restrictions robbed people of their freedom, they have caused outcomes worse than if officials had done nothing in response to the pandemic. According to investigative journalist Jordan Schachtel, “you can now make the case that these ‘public health’ solutions actually caused far more health problems than COVID-19 ever could by itself.” He didn’t go by his gut. He arrived at that conclusion by following the facts, which led him to observe:

In America, due to government edicts, our overall health declined, we got sicker, we saw an unprecedented obesity increase, among other issues caused by ‘public health’ interventions. Far from solving the virus issue at hand, it’s become clear that all of these mandates and restrictions just added additional problems on top of the issue of an endemic seasonal virus.

Democrats have insisted theirs is the party of science and it is science that has determined their responses to the pandemic. But it’s clear that politics dictate their decisions, and that their rules will be lifted only when doing so benefits them and their agenda. The coronavirus outbreak has been a gift to the party that has come to exist solely to perpetuate and increase its ruling class powers and privileges.

— Written by the I&I Editorial Board
    Good question and I personally answered this question along with a number of restaurants, churches, and sports facilities by ignoring the mandates the government mandates.
    We have had state fairs attended by millions,, football games with 60 thousand screaming fans, NASCAR races, even a narcissist prick's giant birthday party, along with hundreds of other democrat events without any serious predicted outbreaks of the China Virus.
    Fuck them all and go out into the world but be aware you will still have to deal with the wacko's. Many examples of them are on this forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Dutch View Post
    Agreed. Shooting angry Trumpers should be a national pastime.
    Quote Originally Posted by BidenPresident View Post
    Only conclusion. Going to a Christian school causes you to be a mass murderer.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Lionfish For This Post:

Sailor (09-30-2021)

13. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,424 Times in 10,050 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lionfish View Post
    Good question and I personally answered this question along with a number of restaurants, churches, and sports facilities by ignoring the mandates the government mandates.
    We have had state fairs attended by millions,, football games with 60 thousand screaming fans, NASCAR races, even a narcissist prick's giant birthday party, along with hundreds of other democrat events without any serious predicted outbreaks of the China Virus.
    Fuck them all and go out into the world but be aware you will still have to deal with the wacko's. Many examples of them are on this forum.
    Nearly twice as many people are dying from COVID in rural areas than in urban areas.

So you're killing yourselves. Literally.
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist

14. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,151 Times in 10,077 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,450 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Blog Entries

COVID will probably be with us from here on out. Like the common Flu. (How many people get Flu Shots?)

15. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,194 Times in 33,876 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,086 Times in 4,702 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    COVID will probably be with us from here on out. Like the common Flu. (How many people get Flu Shots?)
    Not enough that is why there are sometimes 40,000 deaths from flu. Get the shot!

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

AProudLefty (09-30-2021), Jack (09-30-2021), signalmankenneth (09-30-2021)

17. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I once asked my friend in Japan why they always wear facemasks. He said they are too close to China and that they don't trust China. The air flows over to there.

18. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    Not enough that is why there are sometimes 40,000 deaths from flu. Get the shot!
    I've never gotten a Flu Shot, but I bet the 'anti-vaxxers' have.
    I have got 2 Shots of the Moderna, and plan to get a Booster when it's recommended.
    So ... in the Future when most of us are vaccinated, just call the 'COVID Shot' a 'Flu Shot', and the Bluntskulls will line up for their yearly 'Flu Shot' without thinking anything about it.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jack For This Post:

Controlled Opposition (09-30-2021), Phantasmal (09-30-2021)

20. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    I've never gotten a Flu Shot, but I bet the 'anti-vaxxers' have.
    I have got 2 Shots of the Moderna, and plan to get a Booster when it's recommended.
    So ... in the Future when most of us are vaccinated, just call the 'COVID Shot' a 'Flu Shot', and the Bluntskulls will line up for their yearly 'Flu Shot' without thinking anything about it.
    I almost never take a flu shot but my doctor recommended it last year so I let her nurse give me the shot.

I have never been sick with the flu for like over 25 years and that's without the flu shot. LOL.

21. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    I almost never take a flu shot but my doctor recommended it last year so I let her nurse give me the shot.

I have never been sick with the flu for like over 25 years and that's without the flu shot. LOL.
    Yeah, ditto for me.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Jack For This Post:

AProudLefty (09-30-2021)

23. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,194 Times in 33,876 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,086 Times in 4,702 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post

I started getting them the year I was going through chemo and have taken one ever since. I will also get my two pneumonia shots this year. I’m spacing them out. My 3rd booster will be this weekend. I also need my tetanus and whooping cough vaccine.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

AProudLefty (09-30-2021)