Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Covid causes biggest drop in life expectancy since WW2

  1. #1 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    4,932
    Thanks
    2,016
    Thanked 3,218 Times in 2,096 Posts
    Groans
    50
    Groaned 187 Times in 182 Posts

    Default Covid causes biggest drop in life expectancy since WW2

    Coronavirus has ravaged the world, with nearly 5 million people dying after infection, and this has had a huge impact on the calculations that underpin life expectancy.

    Life expectancy measures how long a newborn baby can expect to live if current death rates continue, so rather than being an actual predictor of lifespan it gives a snapshot of current mortality conditions.

    Oxford University academics analysed death figures from 29 countries, including most of Europe and the US, and found life expectancy fell in 27 of them.

    The biggest drop in life expectancy was found among males in the US, who saw a decline of 2.2 years compared to 2019.


    Feb. 28, 2020. “We have lost nobody.”


  2. #2 | Top
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    10,310
    Thanks
    7,520
    Thanked 5,017 Times in 3,732 Posts
    Groans
    305
    Groaned 108 Times in 108 Posts
    Blog Entries
    10

    Default

    Biden screwed the pooch and let COVID get rolling again in spite of the fact that OWS he give Biden THREE vaccines and multiple therapeutics to fight the virus with. Biden has killed tens of thousands..
    IMPEACH 46

  3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ExpressLane For This Post:

    Darth Omar (09-27-2021), MAGA (09-27-2021)

  4. #3 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    30,178
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 14,428 Times in 9,208 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 2,496 Times in 2,322 Posts

    Default

    But I thought it was no worse than the common cold? wasn't it suppose to be gone by May, then June, then July, then September, then December? wasn't under "complete control" back in February, 2020? hydroxychloroquine didn't work?

    Trump will always be remembered as the President who choked and blew when faced with the first real crisis of his Presidency

  5. The Following User Groans At archives For This Awful Post:

    Primavera (09-27-2021)

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to archives For This Post:

    guno (09-27-2021)

  7. #4 | Top
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    34,037
    Thanks
    5,633
    Thanked 14,920 Times in 10,376 Posts
    Groans
    99
    Groaned 2,967 Times in 2,733 Posts
    Blog Entries
    5

  8. #5 | Top
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    37,527
    Thanks
    13,371
    Thanked 22,123 Times in 15,471 Posts
    Groans
    23
    Groaned 543 Times in 520 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    But I thought it was no worse than the common cold? wasn't it suppose to be gone by May, then June, then July, then September, then December? wasn't under "complete control" back in February, 2020? hydroxychloroquine didn't work?

    Trump will always be remembered as the President who choked and blew when faced with the first real crisis of his Presidency
    Biden was supposed to correct it all and save live. Obviously not the case now is it? Just another Biden failure. Democrats applaud.
    Consider the Oyster.

    C-4 is just angry playdoh.

  9. #6 | Top
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Blue Ridge
    Posts
    35,318
    Thanks
    20,924
    Thanked 11,681 Times in 9,043 Posts
    Groans
    4,169
    Groaned 1,203 Times in 1,103 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    By design. Social Security and Medicare are running out of money.

  10. #7 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    4,932
    Thanks
    2,016
    Thanked 3,218 Times in 2,096 Posts
    Groans
    50
    Groaned 187 Times in 182 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ExpressLane View Post
    Biden screwed the pooch and let COVID get rolling again in spite of the fact that OWS he give Biden THREE vaccines and multiple therapeutics to fight the virus with. Biden has killed tens of thousands..
    The study, published in the International Journal of Epidemiology, found that 27 of the 29 countries saw reductions in life expectancy in 2020, and at a scale which wiped out years of progress on mortality.

    The largest declines in life expectancy were observed among males in the US ...

    https://www.firstpost.com/world/covi...-10002451.html


    Who was President in 2020?

  11. #8 | Top
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    37,527
    Thanks
    13,371
    Thanked 22,123 Times in 15,471 Posts
    Groans
    23
    Groaned 543 Times in 520 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tranquillus in Exile View Post
    The study, published in the International Journal of Epidemiology, found that 27 of the 29 countries saw reductions in life expectancy in 2020, and at a scale which wiped out years of progress on mortality.

    The largest declines in life expectancy were observed among males in the US ...

    https://www.firstpost.com/world/covi...-10002451.html


    Who was President in 2020?
    If they counted WW2 deaths they way they are counting COVID deaths this would not even be news.
    Consider the Oyster.

    C-4 is just angry playdoh.

  12. #9 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Posts
    2,930
    Thanks
    782
    Thanked 975 Times in 730 Posts
    Groans
    42
    Groaned 53 Times in 48 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    But I thought it was no worse than the common cold? wasn't it suppose to be gone by May, then June, then July, then September, then December? wasn't under "complete control" back in February, 2020? hydroxychloroquine didn't work?

    Trump will always be remembered as the President who choked and blew when faced with the first real crisis of his Presidency
    hardly, Pelosi and Shumer, without a doubt, Trump gave us a vaccine quickly, Biden still struggles to remember his name

  13. #10 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    20,303
    Thanks
    22,221
    Thanked 7,787 Times in 5,582 Posts
    Groans
    10
    Groaned 2,103 Times in 1,989 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MAGA View Post
    hardly, Pelosi and Shumer, without a doubt, Trump gave us a vaccine quickly, Biden still struggles to remember his name
    Did you take too much horse worm medicine, is that what's causing you to be so delusional???????????????
    The Big Steal = The Big Lie.

  14. The Following User Groans At Trumpet For This Awful Post:

    Primavera (09-27-2021)

  15. #11 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    4,932
    Thanks
    2,016
    Thanked 3,218 Times in 2,096 Posts
    Groans
    50
    Groaned 187 Times in 182 Posts

    Default

    The big change since 2020 is that vaccines are available which greatly reduce mortality. But many people in the US are refusing vaccination, apparently for political reasons - despite the fact that their leader was quick to get vaccinated last January.

    Maybe they haven't heard about that, or they think it's a hoax. Who knows?

  16. #12 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    49,883
    Thanks
    14,463
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    6
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ExpressLane View Post
    Biden screwed the pooch and let COVID get rolling again in spite of the fact that OWS he give Biden THREE vaccines and multiple therapeutics to fight the virus with. Biden has killed tens of thousands..
    And I’ll wager no consideration was given in the OP link to non-Covid mortality.

    The average age of Covid deaths was nearly 80 at one point—which is about the average life expectancy. So obviously, that’s not going to affect the life expectancy numbers. So, where else should we look? How about lockdown related numbers? When you start losing people in the 20’s to opioid abuse and suicide *that* will affect the average life expectancy.

    The OP is only telling part of the story.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

  17. #13 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    4,932
    Thanks
    2,016
    Thanked 3,218 Times in 2,096 Posts
    Groans
    50
    Groaned 187 Times in 182 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    I’ll wager no consideration was given in the OP link to non-Covid mortality.

    The average age of Covid deaths was nearly 80 at one point—which is about the average life expectancy. So obviously, that’s not going to affect the life expectancy numbers. So, where else should we look? How about lockdown related numbers? When you start losing people in the 20’s to opioid abuse and suicide *that* will affect the average life expectancy.
    The Oxford investigators were using reported figures for deaths WITH Covid, of course.

    Are you suggesting that people under 80 first contracted Covid, then died of opioid abuse or suicide?

    That still wouldn't explain why the US did worst of all - by a long way.

  18. #14 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    49,883
    Thanks
    14,463
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    6
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tranquillus in Exile View Post
    The Oxford investigators were using reported figures for deaths WITH Covid, of course.

    Are you suggesting that people under 80 first contracted Covid, then died of opioid abuse or suicide?

    That still wouldn't explain why the US did worst of all - by a long way.
    I would suggest looking beyond Trump for that answer. Like what is the rate of early treatment in other countries compared to ours? Do they track deaths in the same manner? Do they have the same uncontrolled immigration problems that we do?

    Probably not the direction you’re wanting to go in.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

  19. #15 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    108,567
    Thanks
    8,754
    Thanked 31,005 Times in 24,711 Posts
    Groans
    2,957
    Groaned 2,393 Times in 2,283 Posts

    Default

    Biden's fourth biggest failure......after the southern border, Afghanistan, inflation.......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

Similar Threads

  1. “Covid-19 Takes Dramatic Toll on U.S. Life Expectancy”
    By archives in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-23-2021, 02:23 AM
  2. Human life expectancy keeps increasing—but how far can it go?
    By signalmankenneth in forum Off Topic Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-03-2019, 11:33 AM
  3. Replies: 33
    Last Post: 11-30-2018, 03:09 PM
  4. trump Lowers Life Expectancy
    By katzgar in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 12-21-2017, 08:09 PM
  5. What Your Penis Says About Your Life Expectancy
    By signalmankenneth in forum Off Topic Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-07-2017, 10:52 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •