Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 79

Thread: A pill to treat Covid-19: 'We're talking about a return to, maybe, normal life'

  1. #61 | Top
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Delray Beach FL
    Posts
    100,551
    Thanks
    112,653
    Thanked 22,834 Times in 19,083 Posts
    Groans
    3,768
    Groaned 2,956 Times in 2,696 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    I already answered that above. Pay attention.
    No you didn't you dishonest dunce.

    Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    I have no problem. You do.


    Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    You went apeshit about Trump supporters.
    Liar; the only one going apeshit here is you refusing to answer basic question while deflecting, flailing and talking about me and not the topic.

    Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    This has nothing to do with Trump supporters. Plenty of Biden supporters are anti-vaxxers.
    I never said it did. Why go apeshit over something I never said?

    Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    I changed the question so YOU would stop having a nervous breakdown. Apparently it didn't work.
    Another lie. I don't think you can post without lying and looking like a dumbass going apeshit.
    A lie doesn't become the truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it is accepted by a majority.
    Author: Booker T. Washington



    Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    Address the topic, not other posters.
    Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    Address the OP, please. Stop spamming the thread.

  2. #62 | Top
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    47,895
    Thanks
    2,973
    Thanked 5,988 Times in 4,763 Posts
    Groans
    12
    Groaned 329 Times in 307 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    Hmm I see my attempt doesn't work to calm you down.

    This is not about vaccines. This is not about anti-vaxxers. Now will you calm down? Now can you address the topic, that is the new treatment of Covid-19? What do you think about it? What is your opinion? Any comment on those patients not knowing if they took placebos?



    I already answered, dumbass.



    And yet you kept shoving it on me since it isn't my opinion.



    Already answered. READ.
    You are acting triggered, Nancy.
    Morality is a set of attitudes and behaviors which facilitate voluntary, cooperative and mutually beneficial relationships. --AssHatZombie

    Obamagate is Operation Crossfire Hurricane

    internationalist fascism: the belief that the interests of multinational corporations should be the sole focus of all national trade policies.

    CRT Segregationists of the left https://www.racialequitytools.org/re...ffinity-groups

  3. #63 | Top
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Posts
    3,018
    Thanks
    557
    Thanked 568 Times in 489 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 16 Times in 16 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by evince View Post
    There is no cure for your level of stupid
    I must have been given the placebo.

  4. #64 | Top
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    51,044
    Thanks
    16,665
    Thanked 10,841 Times in 8,870 Posts
    Groans
    634
    Groaned 1,599 Times in 1,542 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    Did you watch the video? She did say exactly those words.

    Now, it is taken out of context of "if the doctor tells me to, yes but if Trump tells me"... but that was the sentence she spoke. Taken as a whole what she said was not just that, I agree. But just saying "She didn't say that" when you can hear her say those exact words in the video just makes it so folks don't want to listen to what you say anymore.

    I'd also say the same to the dude quoting out of context. You just can't rely on what was stated by someone that won't recognize the words that were spoken.
    Which one do you listen for medical advice, a layman or a medical expert?

    If Trump actually told Americans to inject Lysol, should Americans listen to him?

    That is the point.
    Dachshund Lives Matter


    Quote Originally Posted by SmarterthanYou View Post
    two words in that article perfectly describe the lunacy of leftie mentality...........'light pollution'
    Quote Originally Posted by SmarterthanYou View Post
    i guess you're just that dumb to not understand how light isn't pollution
    Quote Originally Posted by SmarterthanYou View Post
    NOISE isn't pollution, twit. it's simply a disturbance. the continual redefinition of words because a group of people feel threatened is among the stupidest things you fuckers have handed down to younger generations

  5. #65 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    143,257
    Thanks
    44,874
    Thanked 24,358 Times in 18,895 Posts
    Groans
    12
    Groaned 18,947 Times in 17,557 Posts
    Blog Entries
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by goat View Post
    I must have been given the placebo.
    Hmmmm


    Are you about to switch from the trump team?


    Self deprecating humor is a sign of someone who has a grip on reality

  6. #66 | Top
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    51,044
    Thanks
    16,665
    Thanked 10,841 Times in 8,870 Posts
    Groans
    634
    Groaned 1,599 Times in 1,542 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by anonymoose View Post
    "But if Donald Trump tells us we should take it I'm not takin' it." Starts at 0:17.
    The subtitles don't say that. And I noticed that the video cuts abruptly.
    Dachshund Lives Matter


    Quote Originally Posted by SmarterthanYou View Post
    two words in that article perfectly describe the lunacy of leftie mentality...........'light pollution'
    Quote Originally Posted by SmarterthanYou View Post
    i guess you're just that dumb to not understand how light isn't pollution
    Quote Originally Posted by SmarterthanYou View Post
    NOISE isn't pollution, twit. it's simply a disturbance. the continual redefinition of words because a group of people feel threatened is among the stupidest things you fuckers have handed down to younger generations

  7. #67 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    80,003
    Thanks
    2,040
    Thanked 12,067 Times in 7,877 Posts
    Groans
    2
    Groaned 465 Times in 431 Posts
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    Which one do you listen for medical advice, a layman or a medical expert?

    If Trump actually told Americans to inject Lysol, should Americans listen to him?

    That is the point.
    Again, saying that what they heard wasn't said will make folks turn you off because all you are doing is gaslighting. Explain the context, insist on true context even; just don't say that their ears are lying to them. They know what they heard, and you know it too.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

    Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

  8. #68 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    143,257
    Thanks
    44,874
    Thanked 24,358 Times in 18,895 Posts
    Groans
    12
    Groaned 18,947 Times in 17,557 Posts
    Blog Entries
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    Within a day of testing positive for covid-19 in June, Miranda Kelly was sick enough to be scared. At 44, with diabetes and high blood pressure, Kelly, a certified nursing assistant, was having trouble breathing, symptoms serious enough to send her to the emergency room.

    When her husband, Joe, 46, fell ill with the virus, too, she really got worried, especially about their five teenagers at home: "I thought, 'I hope to God we don't wind up on ventilators. We have children. Who's going to raise these kids?"

    But the Kellys, who live in Seattle, had agreed just after their diagnoses to join a clinical trial at the nearby Fred Hutch cancer research center that's part of an international effort to test an antiviral treatment that could halt covid early in its course.

    By the next day, the couple were taking four pills, twice a day. Though they weren't told whether they had received an active medication or placebo, within a week, they said, their symptoms were better. Within two weeks, they had recovered.

    "I don't know if we got the treatment, but I kind of feel like we did," Miranda Kelly said. "To have all these underlying conditions, I felt like the recovery was very quick."

    The Kellys have a role in developing what could be the world's next chance to thwart covid: a short-term regimen of daily pills that can fight the virus early after diagnosis and conceivably prevent symptoms from developing after exposure.

    "Oral antivirals have the potential to not only curtail the duration of one's covid-19 syndrome, but also have the potential to limit transmission to people in your household if you are sick," said Timothy Sheahan, a virologist at the University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill who has helped pioneer these therapies.

    Antivirals are already essential treatments for other viral infections, including hepatitis C and HIV. One of the best known is Tamiflu, the widely prescribed pill that can shorten the duration of influenza and reduce the risk of hospitalization if given quickly.


    https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/27/healt...ner/index.html

    Think the anti-vaxxers will go for it?




    One challenge in developing antiviral drugs quickly has been recruiting enough participants for the clinical trials, each of which needs to enroll many hundreds of people, said Dr. Elizabeth Duke, a Fred Hutch research associate overseeing its molnupiravir trial.
    Participants must be unvaccinated and enrolled in the trial within five days of a positive covid test. Any given day, interns make 100 calls to newly covid-positive people in the Seattle area — and most say no.
    "Just generally speaking, there's a lot of mistrust about the scientific process," Duke said. "And some of the people are saying kind of nasty things to the interns."

  9. #69 | Top
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    51,044
    Thanks
    16,665
    Thanked 10,841 Times in 8,870 Posts
    Groans
    634
    Groaned 1,599 Times in 1,542 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    Again, saying that what they heard wasn't said will make folks turn you off because all you are doing is gaslighting. Explain the context, don't say that their ears are lying to them.
    Okay I'll try with my Live Transcribe app on my phone and see if she said those exact words.
    Dachshund Lives Matter


    Quote Originally Posted by SmarterthanYou View Post
    two words in that article perfectly describe the lunacy of leftie mentality...........'light pollution'
    Quote Originally Posted by SmarterthanYou View Post
    i guess you're just that dumb to not understand how light isn't pollution
    Quote Originally Posted by SmarterthanYou View Post
    NOISE isn't pollution, twit. it's simply a disturbance. the continual redefinition of words because a group of people feel threatened is among the stupidest things you fuckers have handed down to younger generations

  10. #70 | Top
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Anchorage, AK
    Posts
    10,801
    Thanks
    4,093
    Thanked 7,359 Times in 4,749 Posts
    Groans
    12
    Groaned 152 Times in 136 Posts
    Blog Entries
    28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    The subtitles don't say that.
    Irrelevant. Trust me. You're deaf.
    "Where the people fear the govt. you have tyranny. Where the govt. fears the people you have liberty."

  11. #71 | Top
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    51,044
    Thanks
    16,665
    Thanked 10,841 Times in 8,870 Posts
    Groans
    634
    Groaned 1,599 Times in 1,542 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    Again, saying that what they heard wasn't said will make folks turn you off because all you are doing is gaslighting. Explain the context, insist on true context even; just don't say that their ears are lying to them. They know what they heard, and you know it too.
    You are correct.


    "But if Donald Trump tells us, I should take that. We should take it. I'm not taking it."

    She didn't say Trump administration, she said Trump himself.
    Dachshund Lives Matter


    Quote Originally Posted by SmarterthanYou View Post
    two words in that article perfectly describe the lunacy of leftie mentality...........'light pollution'
    Quote Originally Posted by SmarterthanYou View Post
    i guess you're just that dumb to not understand how light isn't pollution
    Quote Originally Posted by SmarterthanYou View Post
    NOISE isn't pollution, twit. it's simply a disturbance. the continual redefinition of words because a group of people feel threatened is among the stupidest things you fuckers have handed down to younger generations

  12. #72 | Top
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Posts
    3,018
    Thanks
    557
    Thanked 568 Times in 489 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 16 Times in 16 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by evince View Post
    Hmmmm


    Are you about to switch from the trump team?


    Self deprecating humor is a sign of someone who has a grip on reality
    You said no ass drip so the pills should help with self defecating.

  13. #73 | Top
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    51,044
    Thanks
    16,665
    Thanked 10,841 Times in 8,870 Posts
    Groans
    634
    Groaned 1,599 Times in 1,542 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by anonymoose View Post
    Irrelevant. Trust me. You're deaf.
    Apparently the subtitles on Youtube suck. That's why I usually use Live Transcribe app.
    Dachshund Lives Matter


    Quote Originally Posted by SmarterthanYou View Post
    two words in that article perfectly describe the lunacy of leftie mentality...........'light pollution'
    Quote Originally Posted by SmarterthanYou View Post
    i guess you're just that dumb to not understand how light isn't pollution
    Quote Originally Posted by SmarterthanYou View Post
    NOISE isn't pollution, twit. it's simply a disturbance. the continual redefinition of words because a group of people feel threatened is among the stupidest things you fuckers have handed down to younger generations

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to AProudLefty For This Post:

    anonymoose (09-27-2021)

  15. #74 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    80,003
    Thanks
    2,040
    Thanked 12,067 Times in 7,877 Posts
    Groans
    2
    Groaned 465 Times in 431 Posts
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    You are correct.


    "But if Donald Trump tells us, I should take that. We should take it. I'm not taking it."

    She didn't say Trump administration, she said Trump himself.
    And she also stated that if Fauci told her to take it she would. As I said that original guy took the point out of context, but provided full context in the video he posted.

    Personally I think that remarks like that before the election are part of the reason some folks still will not trust the government on this...

    This makes me glad that I was part of the testing. No political BS for me to wade through on my decision.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

    Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to Damocles For This Post:

    AProudLefty (09-27-2021)

  17. #75 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    143,257
    Thanks
    44,874
    Thanked 24,358 Times in 18,895 Posts
    Groans
    12
    Groaned 18,947 Times in 17,557 Posts
    Blog Entries
    8

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-18-2021, 07:57 AM
  2. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-05-2021, 11:04 AM
  3. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-23-2020, 03:52 AM
  4. Replies: 50
    Last Post: 06-04-2020, 10:11 AM
  5. APP - return of social security payroll tax to normal called tax hike and other things
    By Don Quixote in forum Above Plain Politics Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-13-2013, 02:22 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •