Members banned from this thread: Text Drivers are Killers, TOP, Grokmaster, Stone, Hawkeye10, Matt Dillon, Bulletbob and goat

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Red COVID

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,421 Times in 10,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Life is Golden View Post
    Numbers down by 40% since last week.
    Weird brag because it begs the question why were the numbers so high in the first place?
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist

2. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,727 Times in 27,215 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,585 Times in 18,174 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jade Dragon View Post
    Well, anything's better than this 2 party shitshow. Let the cultists have their own party.
    We will have a two party system either way

It’s the natural cycle of our government system

Third parties with clout get absorbed into one of the major two

People make deals to consolidate like because of like ideas

It’s natural

What the Republican Party has become could NOT EXIST if they could not cheat in elections

3. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by anatta View Post
    nice anecdotal -
    But it's the Russian people that have vaxx hesitancy. Moscow did develop their own Sputknik vaxx
    same as China.. this is from July
    https://theconversation.com/russias-...vaccine-165925
    During his annual call-in television special, “Direct Line,” in June, President Vladimir Putin revealed that he had received the Sputnik V vaccine, one of the four vaccines available in the country. (The others are EpiVacCorona, CoviVac and the single-dose Sputnik Light.) Putin stressed that all of them are safe.

The Kremlin supports increased immunization among Russians – it has announced a lottery that will give 1,000 winners the equivalent of US$1,350 – but it has refused to introduce a nationwide vaccine mandate.
    Russia is doing about as good as Florida is with COVID because neither took it seriously, and both are trying to cover up the mistakes they made.

But they're not doing a good job.

4. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,727 Times in 27,215 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,585 Times in 18,174 Posts
    Blog Entries

5. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by MAGA View Post
    less than 1%?? they would have died anyway of flu or something else
    I guess All Lives don't really Matter.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to LV426 For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (09-27-2021)

7. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by MAGA View Post
    they would have died anyway of flu or something else
    Would they have? They're your voters, yet you seem unconcerned....

8. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Jade Dragon View Post
    Republicans here are breaking the scales to the right anymore and the real, rare, and breath of fresh air conservatives are center-right by comparison. We need a new Conservative party in this country because republicans aren't cutting it.
    Counterpoint: We don't need Conservatism at all since it is an ideology rooted in racism and bigotry.

9. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,579 Times in 15,814 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,951 Times in 1,862 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    You read Kremlin propaganda.

I communicate with Russian citizens in Moscow and Saint Peter.

It's Putin's job, just like it was Trump's job to make the population aware of the nature and seriousness of the threat and take all steps necessary to protect the nation.
    you've already shown all you believe are dissidents. I multi-source where possible. I notice you do not dispute Vaxx hesitancy is a Russian thing

But the governors are doing the mandates lockdowns. etc. much like we do it here
    Regional governments across Russia have launched several efforts to boost vaccinations, mostly to mixed results.

Moscow Mayor Sergey Sobyanin has announced that the city will give away five cars every week to vaccinated residents. He also deployed a QR-code system to keep the unvaccinated from indoor restaurants and bars.

But the requirement was later canceled due to technical hiccups and noncompliance from business owners and customers alike.

Most regional governments have recently made vaccinations mandatory in the service, trade, health care and transportation industries, imposing harsh punishments on employers who fail to have at least 60% of workers vaccinated.

And popular tourist destinations such as Sochi, a beach resort city on the Black Sea, have also introduced travel restrictions. The city now requires travelers to prove their vaccination status or to arrive with a negative COVID-19 test.

Although the latest surge in infections has prompted an uptick in jabs, Russia still has a long way to go before life can return to normal. The Kremlin recently admitted it has failed to reach its target of vaccinating at least 60% of Russians by the autumn of 2021.
    Widespread vaccine skepticism

Mounting evidence has confirmed the effectiveness of the two-shot Sputnik V vaccine.

Russia has the highest vaccine hesitancy rates in the world. A recent survey shows that 54% of Russians are unwilling to get vaccinated, a level of reluctance that has remained almost unchanged in the past year. Most vaccine detractors say they would refuse to get inoculated under any circumstances or until there are no proven side effects.

10. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,959 Times in 6,246 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 483 Times in 453 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    Weird brag because it begs the question why were the numbers so high in the first place?
    It was called Covid's last hurrah.

Trump did it to drive insane vaccine fundies like you crazy.

11. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,679 Times in 16,485 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 585 Times in 561 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by anatta View Post
    you've already shown all you believe are dissidents. I multi-source where possible. I notice you do not dispute Vaxx hesitancy is a Russian thing

But the governors are doing the mandates lockdowns. etc. much like we do it here
    Regional governments across Russia have launched several efforts to boost vaccinations, mostly to mixed results.

Moscow Mayor Sergey Sobyanin has announced that the city will give away five cars every week to vaccinated residents. He also deployed a QR-code system to keep the unvaccinated from indoor restaurants and bars.

But the requirement was later canceled due to technical hiccups and noncompliance from business owners and customers alike.

Most regional governments have recently made vaccinations mandatory in the service, trade, health care and transportation industries, imposing harsh punishments on employers who fail to have at least 60% of workers vaccinated.

And popular tourist destinations such as Sochi, a beach resort city on the Black Sea, have also introduced travel restrictions. The city now requires travelers to prove their vaccination status or to arrive with a negative COVID-19 test.

Although the latest surge in infections has prompted an uptick in jabs, Russia still has a long way to go before life can return to normal. The Kremlin recently admitted it has failed to reach its target of vaccinating at least 60% of Russians by the autumn of 2021.
    Widespread vaccine skepticism

Mounting evidence has confirmed the effectiveness of the two-shot Sputnik V vaccine.

Russia has the highest vaccine hesitancy rates in the world. A recent survey shows that 54% of Russians are unwilling to get vaccinated, a level of reluctance that has remained almost unchanged in the past year. Most vaccine detractors say they would refuse to get inoculated under any circumstances or until there are no proven side effects.
    Do not confuse those that like to exaggerate their worldly knowledge and education with facts. Confuses the hell out of them.

12. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

It was called Covid's last hurrah.
    You said the same thing last January and you were wrong then.

You also said the same thing in September 2020, and you were wrong then.

You also said the same thing in June 2020, and you were wrong then.

You're going to keep getting hit with COVID until you reach herd immunity.

You can keep bluffing COVID, but the only people the bluff is going to kill are the dumb fucking morons who listen to you and Anatta, and you need those people to vote for your people in November 2022.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to LV426 For This Post:

14. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,811 Times in 14,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,453 Times in 1,372 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    Today's mail brought an interesting -- and very sad -- newsletter from the NYT. A snippet:

"Since Delta began circulating widely in the U.S., Covid has exacted a horrific death toll on red America: In counties where Donald Trump received at least 70 percent of the vote, the virus has killed about 47 out of every 100,000 people since the end of June, according to Charles Gaba, a health care analyst. In counties where Trump won less than 32 percent of the vote, the number is about 10 out of 100,000."

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/09/27/b...cinations.html
    “If we have to have a choice between being dead and pitied, and being alive with a bad image, we’d rather be alive and have the bad image.”

— Golda Meir

Zionism is the movement for the self-determination and statehood for the Jewish people in their ancestral homeland, the land of Israel.

“If Hamas put down their weapons, there would be no more violence. If the Jews put down their weapons, there would be no Israel."

ברוך השם

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Guno צְבִי For This Post:

16. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Trump did it to drive insane vaccine fundies like you crazy.
    Trump caused a pandemic that killed his own voters to troll me?

OK.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LV426 For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (09-27-2021), ThatOwlWoman (09-27-2021)

18. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,959 Times in 6,246 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 483 Times in 453 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    You said the same thing last January and you were wrong then.

You also said the same thing in September 2020, and you were wrong then.

You also said the same thing in June 2020, and you were wrong then.

You're going to keep getting hit with COVID until you reach herd immunity.

You can keep bluffing COVID, but the only people the bluff is going to kill are the dumb fucking morons who listen to you and Anatta, and you need those people to vote for your people in November 2022.
    It's about over, you crazy vaccine nut job.

Once enough people have antibodies, there is no where else for it to go. We are getting there, much to your dismay, you lunatic.

19. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

It's about over
    You've been saying that for 20 months.

It's not "about over"...it's going to keep hitting in waves until either:

A) We reach herd immunity with the vaccines

OR

B) Enough of the unvaccinated die off

You seem to think "B" is the way to go, and to that I would just ask, who is going to vote for you people in 2022 if you're all dead?