Thread: Yoga:Hindu in origin

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,131 Times in 9,660 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 504 Times in 477 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ib1yysguy View Post
    I assume the answer to the question of whether or not you've ever taken a college-level philosophy class is no because you never went to college.
    So you do make a distinction between the real and socially real? Is this question hard for you?

Get back on your short bus, retread.

2. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AssHatZombie View Post
    You said it's SOCIALLY real. Isn't SOCIALLY real DE FACTO REAL in most cases, especially when it comes to highly impactful race based public policy, enforced by law and teams of anti white, anti-christian, anti-male brainwashed attorneys?

You seem to make a distinction between real and socially real, and then you seem to discard the more actually impactful SOCiAL reality.
    What the heck are you talking about? The CONCEPT of race EXISTS because SOCIETY has made the mistake of assuming there was some basis for categorizing people that way. Genetics came along and we learned it had no basis anthropologically, but it's still used because people still don't understand that fact. And categorization a useful tool for allotting money to groups of people discriminated against by people who still believe there is a genetic basis for it.

The distinction to be made here is the difference between PERCEPTION and REALITY. Society perceives something falsely called "race." While the perception exists, it is not based on reality. Ergo, race is not real.

3. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Here's a good analogy. Society says God is real too. In the sense that my life is worse off because society pushes that idea is real. People fly real airplanes into real buildings because of this idea. God, however, is clearly not real. The consequences of the concept of God, however, are real.

4. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

What the heck are you talking about? The CONCEPT of race EXISTS because SOCIETY has made the mistake of assuming there was some basis for categorizing people that way. Genetics came along and we learned it had no basis anthropologically, but it's still used because people still don't understand that fact. And categorization a useful tool for allotting money to groups of people discriminated against by people who still believe there is a genetic basis for it.

The distinction to be made here is the difference between PERCEPTION and REALITY. Society perceives something falsely called "race." While the perception exists, it is not based on reality. Ergo, race is not real.
    But it is being used to categorize and discriminate, you say usefully. How can it be used if it isn;t real? How do you know which individuals go in which false race?

I've never seen a more complete brainwash job. You are truly hideous inside and stupid as a rock.

5. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

But it is being used to categorize and discriminate, you say usefully. How can it be used if it isn;t real? How do you know which individuals go in which false race?

I've never seen a more complete brainwash job. You are truly hideous inside and stupid as a rock.
    Please refer to the God analogy.

Well golly gee how can people fly airplanes into buildings and stuff if God 'taint real!?! Guess God hasta be real!

6. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Here's a good analogy. Society says God is real too. In the sense that my life is worse off because society pushes that idea is real. People fly real airplanes into real buildings because of this idea. God, however, is clearly not real. The consequences of the concept of God, however, are real.
    But we are slotted into the race categories based on very real aspects of ourselves, our gender, our country of origin, our pigmentation.

Race is only real for you when it comes time to punishing those for whom race is real, and it is real to them, because you're punishing them for it, arbitrarily on job sites, their opinions on race unknown.

7. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

And how do you know which people go in which false race? You don't. What are Indian people? Are they black? Are they Asian? They're neither because race doesn't exist. Society makes categories that people identify with, but the categories are flawed because they cannot accurately reflect reality.

People typically self-identify these days.

8. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

But we are slotted into the race categories based on very real aspects of ourselves, our gender, our country of origin, our pigmentation.

Race is only real for you when it comes time to punishing those for whom race is real, and it is real to them, because you're punishing them for it, arbitrarily on job sites, their opinions on race unknown.
    Okay, let me start by breaking down your stupidity into bulletpoints to make it easier for you to read.

1) I choose to self identify because of my heritage, not because of my pigmentation or gender.

2) Gender has nothing to do with race categorization.

3) Your comment about punishment doens't make any sense. God isn't real because someone kills me for not believing.

Your problem here is you have a very difficult time admitting to yourself when you don't understand something. We both agree fundamentally that race has no genetic basis, and we both agree race is a product of society. Your problem is you can't draw a distinction between CONCEPTS and REALITY.

A concept can exist without the fundamentals of the concept reflecting reality. This really isn't difficult, asshat. God and race are societal concepts. They do not have a basis in the real, natural, observable universe.

9. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Okay, let me start by breaking down your stupidity into bulletpoints to make it easier for you to read.

1) I choose to self identify because of my heritage, not because of my pigmentation or gender.

2) Gender has nothing to do with race categorization.

3) Your comment about punishment doens't make any sense. God isn't real because someone kills me for not believing.

Your problem here is you have a very difficult time admitting to yourself when you don't understand something. We both agree fundamentally that race has no genetic basis, and we both agree race is a product of society. Your problem is you can't draw a distinction between CONCEPTS and REALITY.

A concept can exist without the fundamentals of the concept reflecting reality. This really isn't difficult, asshat. God and race are societal concepts. They do not have a basis in the real, natural, observable universe.
    No. When it is implemented in public policy it is effectively real, socially real, relevant, whatever you want to call it regardless of research that says it isn't real on some other dimension. That's what you don't get. Or don't want to get.

10. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Basically, for brainwashed self-hating whites like ib1, race is only real as a device for retribution against white males, for any other purpose it has no legitimate meaning, thus, conversation and even thought is shut down in his mind. Protective Stupidity it's called.

11. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

"effectively real" is not the same as "real." God may be "effectively real" in this sense, but I'm still correct to say God is not real.

12. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

"effectively real" is not the same as "real." God may be "effectively real" in this sense, but I'm still correct to say God is not real.

Basically. yes. In a society of men, our social reality is reality.

13. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Basically. yes. In a society of men, our social reality is reality.
    No it isn't.

14. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,821 Times in 6,166 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,532 Times in 1,444 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hinduism isn't a religion in the way that Christianity, Islam, or Judaism is. It's extremely broad and difficult to define. For instance, they don't believe in obnoxious evangelicism.

Buddhism is even farther into that territory.
    "Do not think that I came to bring peace... I did not come to bring peace, but a sword." - Matthew 10:34

15. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Watermark View Post
    Hinduism isn't a religion in the way that Christianity, Islam, or Judaism is. It's extremely broad and difficult to define. For instance, they don't believe in obnoxious evangelicism.

Buddhism is even farther into that territory.
    How do you figure? Buddhism doesn't even have a notion of life after death.