Thread: Marjorie Taylor Greene's 'good Christian' abortion meltdown

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,151 Times in 10,077 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,450 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    Dutch is targeting a human trait: weaponizing anything they get their hands on for the win. Religion, politics, military might, whatever works.

That's that animal part of human beings. The reasonable part comes out with higher levels of civilization and leaves just as quickly when that civilization crashes. New Orleans after Katrina is a 21st Century example.

Blaming just religion, politics, whatever is to blind oneself to the larger issue.
    Dutch: "Dutch is targeting a human trait: weaponizing anything they get their hands on for the win. Religion, politics, military might, whatever works. "
    Jack; Agree.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Jack For This Post:

Doc Dutch (09-27-2021)

3. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,572 Times in 51,893 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,506 Times in 2,463 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by guno View Post
    Difference is Jews don't try to force other to follow our rules
    Sorry, man, but Orthodox Jews do have their own laws, Halakha, and try to force those in their group to follow the laws or face expulsion. As I noted to Jack, I see this as a human thing, not a religious fault.

The big difference there is that the only group smaller that Jewish Americans are Muslim Americans. Even together, both are grossly outnumbered by Protestants in America and also by Catholics. IIRC, over 70% of the nation is Christian. While I disagree that might makes right, might does often set the rules, good or bad.

https://www.brooklynunpluggedtours.c...iefs-practices
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

4. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,780 Times in 32,146 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Are you denying it's human DNA? Why are you moving the goalposts once I nullified your "it's human DNA" argument?
    I am moving nothing and I am not denying the dead cells in spit and feces demonstrate the same DNA as the living cells which have been produced by the same living human being that began producing them at conception........you have affirmed what I said, not nullified it.....

Dude, I'm against evil fucking assholes who seek to dominate and dictate to others. You're one of them.
    dude, demanding a right to kill unborn living human beings is as domineering and dictatorial as it gets......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

5. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Guno: "Trump told white evangelical Christians that they had a right and a duty to impose their morality, through force, on others."
    Jack; This is similar to what is told to 'Settlers' in Palestine.

"The settlers and their supporters cite the Jewish Bible, thousands of years of Jewish history, and Israel's need for "strategic depth" as reasons for living in the West Bank."
    https://www.npr.org/sections/paralle...li-settlements

6. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Old Trapper View Post
    Permanent cells, the classification of gum cells, and teeth cells, called stem cells, are unable to replicate in postnatal life. Neurons, together with skeletal muscle and cardiac cells, are also included in this group.
    "permanent" cells is a misnomer......as no cells survive the entire life of a human being......obviously, the end of stem cells is not the beginning of life since the human being was alive while the stem cells were making it grow....dead things do not grow.....
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

7. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,759 Times in 7,263 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,060 Times in 1,005 Posts

Marjorie Taylor Greene is landfill that somebody left on the surface.
    Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel. Samuel Johnson, 1775
    Religion....is the opiate of the people. Karl Marx, 1848
    Freedom's just another word for nothin' left to lose. Kris Kristofferson, 1969

8. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

are you saying there no Jews who think killing their unborn children is a bad thing?......

https://www.nytimes.com/1976/01/28/a...B&gclsrc=aw.ds

Orthodox Rabbis Rebuke Jews Who Back Permissive Abortion

9. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,167 Times in 7,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,196 Times in 1,111 Posts

Well, for one thing- Trumptards are not good Christians!

Far from it!

10. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    I am moving nothing and I am not denying the dead cells in spit and feces demonstrate the same DNA as the living cells which have been produced by the same living human being that began producing them at conception........you have affirmed what I said, not nullified it.....
    $1000 says there are living cells in both your spit and your shit. Dude, you shed living cells everything you bump into something. They literally get scraped off. While your shit itself is mainly waste, there are living cells from you in it and scraped off the inside of your rectum as you let go. The harder it is for you to shit, the more likely you are shitting live cells from your body as they are scraped on the way out. Unhealthy people may be shedding more live cells.

By your logic, every time you flush, you murdered your children. Anyone denying that they've never shed a live human cell is either stupid or a liar.

https://www.britannica.com/science/feces

11. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Geeko Sportivo View Post
    Well, for one thing- Trumptards are not good Christians!

Far from it!
    They aren't Christians at all except in name only as proved by their actions and repetitive, unrepentant violations of Christian values.

12. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Guno: "Trump told white evangelical Christians that they had a right and a duty to impose their morality, through force, on others."
    Jack; This is similar to what is told to 'Settlers' in Palestine.

"The settlers and their supporters cite the Jewish Bible, thousands of years of Jewish history, and Israel's need for "strategic depth" as reasons for living in the West Bank."
    https://www.npr.org/sections/paralle...li-settlements
    It was also told to all the Euro settlers coming to both America and Africa. It's a human trait, not the fault of a particular culture or religion.

13. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

$1000 says there are living cells in both your spit and your shit. Dude, you shed living cells everything you bump into something. They literally get scraped off. While your shit itself is mainly waste, there are living cells from you in it and scraped off the inside of your rectum as you let go. The harder it is for you to shit, the more likely you are shitting live cells from your body as they are scraped on the way out. Unhealthy people may be shedding more live cells.

By your logic, every time you flush, you murdered your children. Anyone denying that they've never shed a live human cell is either stupid or a liar.

https://www.britannica.com/science/feces
    dude, you have stooped below absurdity.......are the cells in your shit capable of reproducing new cells?......of course not.....

14. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

It was also told to all the Euro settlers coming to both America and Africa. It's a human trait, not the fault of a particular culture or religion.
    Agree. History is all about one group seizing the Land of their neighbors. You need some motivating factor to get people to bludgeon each other.

15. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,614 Times in 21,477 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,632 Times in 5,140 Posts
    Blog Entries

I have always prided myself on not being what they call a "Good Christian". Jesus was not a "Good Christian."

18 U.S. Code § 2071 - Concealment, removal, or mutilation generally
    44 U.S.C. 2202 - The United States shall reserve and retain complete ownership, possession, and control of Presidential records; and such records shall be administered in accordance with the provisions of this chapter.

LOCK HIM UP!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Jarod For This Post:

Phantasmal (09-27-2021)

17. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello guno,

Many of us, though, aren’t Christian, and don’t want to try to be Christian. Just to take one example: Jewish people’s experience of Christian morality has not been universally uplifting, to say the least.

Some will argue that antisemitism is not real Christianity. But you can’t just disavow a couple of thousands years of persecution and hate. And if Christianity equals virtue, where does that leave Jewish people — or Muslims, or atheists, or Buddhists, for that matter?

Of course there are good Christians, as there are good people of every faith, and of no faith. But one of the hallmarks of immoral forms of Christianity is a belief that Christianity can only be good — and that the good can only be Christian.

This is the logic of Marjorie Taylor Greene and the rabidly Trumpist politics she represents. Sociologist Philip Gorski argued in a 2019 article that evangelical white Christians loved Trump not despite his violent and scabrous language, but precisely because he told them they were better than everyone else. Evangelicals, Gorski said, responded to “Trump’s racialized, apocalyptic, and blood-drenched rhetoric.” That rhetoric harkened back to the Christian language deployed to justify slavery and Native American genocide.

Trump told white evangelical Christians that they had a right and a duty to impose their morality, through force, on others. Marjorie Taylor Greene is following through on a tradition of dispossession and cruelty when she insults abortion supporters or tries to seize control of people’s bodies in the name of a higher morality.

https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinio...wn-ncna1280110
    She seems to require lots of attention. She likes to make a scene. She says provocative things to get people angry enough to vote on false pretenses.

People should instead vote upon becoming well informed and consider what is best for America.

Patriotism means thinking of the country, not self.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

christiefan915 (09-29-2021), Doc Dutch (09-27-2021)