Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: More men are abandoning college. Professor explains why this is dangerous

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,437 Times in 52,459 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,513 Times in 2,470 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    "Women now outnumber men in med school: 50.5% of Medical School Graduates are Female"

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/lif...d-15919684.php
    TA obviously has a problem with women outside the kitchen.
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

Cypress (09-26-2021), evince (09-26-2021), Guno צְבִי (09-26-2021), signalmankenneth (09-26-2021)

3. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,856 Times in 8,415 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,290 Times in 2,172 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by anonymoose View Post
    Fuck college. My son is a certified FAA aircraft mechanic. He’s way farther ahead at his age than I was. And I’m a dentist.
    So you claim to have a Phd, which means someone with a education, and yet, here you are kissing the behind of Crazy Trump. You wouldn't happen to be another Expresslane, now would you??
    Lock Him Up

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Trumpet For This Post:

evince (09-26-2021)

5. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,680 Times in 27,325 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,977 Times in 2,694 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by signalmankenneth View Post
    NYU Professor Scott Galloway says the drop in men going to college is part of a growing mating crisis in the US and that the country runs the risk of producing "too many of the most dangerous cohort in the world" if the trend isn't reversed.

https://tylerpaper.com/news/business...bbe05a178.html

Attachment 20897
    The responses to your thread demostrate why JPP Republicans are so mind-numbingly boring and uninteresting.

They believe the only knowledge worth having is how to hammer a nail, how to fix a toilet, how to brew moonshine.

That is why any thread on this board having to do with physics, anthropology, genetics, history, philosophy, art, religion almost never has an insightful or interesting contribution from a Trump-lover.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

Doc Dutch (09-26-2021), evince (09-26-2021), Guno צְבִי (09-26-2021), signalmankenneth (09-26-2021)

7. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,581 Times in 9,703 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,312 Times in 1,210 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by signalmankenneth View Post
    More men are abandoning college. Professor explains why this is dangerous
    You never went, because you're too dumb.

8. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    TA obviously has a problem with women outside the kitchen.
    I am glad we have people studying history, anthropology, archaeology, art. Those are interesting and important topics.

I would not want to live in the Trumposphere where the only knowledge which matters is fixing broken toilets and brewing crystal meth in the bathtub.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

Doc Dutch (09-26-2021), evince (09-26-2021), Guno צְבִי (09-26-2021)

10. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,844 Times in 14,184 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,453 Times in 1,372 Posts
    Blog Entries

I am glad we have people studying history, anthropology, archaeology, art. Those are interesting and important topics.

I would not want to live in the Trumposphere where the only knowledge which matters is fixing broken toilets and brewing crystal meth in the bathtub.
    They confuse skills training and education, not everyone is cut out for college, but to degenerate education says a lot about their mentality
    Last edited by Guno צְבִי; 09-26-2021 at 07:53 AM.
    “If we have to have a choice between being dead and pitied, and being alive with a bad image, we’d rather be alive and have the bad image.”

— Golda Meir

Zionism is the movement for the self-determination and statehood for the Jewish people in their ancestral homeland, the land of Israel.

“If Hamas put down their weapons, there would be no more violence. If the Jews put down their weapons, there would be no Israel."

ברוך השם

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Guno צְבִי For This Post:

Cypress (09-26-2021), Doc Dutch (09-26-2021), evince (09-26-2021)

12. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Agreed. I don't understand the point of running down women attending college. My sister has a business degree and both she and her husband worked hard to get themselves through to graduation. My BIL had an academic scholarship, but my sister was like me: worked and footed her own bill.

Both are doing very well for themselves.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

Cypress (09-26-2021), evince (09-26-2021), Guno צְבִי (09-26-2021)

14. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

The responses to your thread demostrate why JPP Republicans are so mind-numbingly boring and uninteresting.

They believe the only knowledge worth having is how to hammer a nail, how to fix a toilet, how to brew moonshine.

That is why any thread on this board having to do with physics, anthropology, genetics, history, philosophy, art, religion almost never has an insightful or interesting contribution from a Trump-lover.
    Notice it's the same dimwitted mentality that believes we'll "make America great again" by bringing back textile sweatshops and low-skill jobs.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

Cypress (09-26-2021), evince (09-26-2021), Guno צְבִי (09-26-2021)

16. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,760 Times in 27,235 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,587 Times in 18,176 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lionfish View Post
    Note to most people. Avoid the poisoning your mind will get by attending most colleges.
    Edumaction is bad

You are a fucking idiot

17. The Following User Says Thank You to evince For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (09-26-2021)

18. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

19. The Following User Says Thank You to evince For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (09-26-2021)

20. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Agreed. I don't understand the point of running down women attending college. My sister has a business degree and both she and her husband worked hard to get themselves through to graduation. My BIL had an academic scholarship, but my sister was like me: worked and footed her own bill.

Both are doing very well for themselves.
    We are lucky to live in a country where someone who is passionately interested in history can study it and make a career of it. Otherwise, what was the point of developing western civilization to this level? We could have just taken the Taliban route and chose to live in the dark ages.

I have a friend who was laughed at for studying history, but he followed his dreams and is now teaching history at the US Naval Academy and writing books.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (09-26-2021)

22. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    I can and have. I think the funniest stories come out of a single class I took, freshman astronomy. I took it in my junior year because I needed a filler course for my GI Bill benefits. If you take less than 12 credit hours they severely reduce the cash you get and I'd have had to pay some for courses if I let that happen.

Anyway, I took it because I'd already had courses in chemistry (both inorganic and organic), geology, physics, etc. For me I saw it as an easy 'A' and that it might be fun to take. The prof PDQ figured out I was an outlier / ringer and pulled me aside after one of the first sessions to tell me that I'd get an A but only if I helped the rest of the class...

So, the class was filled with liberal arts majors, mostly women. There were like 60 to 80 students in the section. I can remember having to show them how to do precession using basic arithmetic and simple algebra rather than the way the prof had shown them after class on the whiteboard. Or, the time that the prof had us calculate the age of the Earth using the half life of uranium... That was hilarious! I came to class having done this simple problem not even thinking about it.
    The class was in an tither over it. Seems nobody except me had been able to do it because the half-life of uranium wasn't in the class textbook and nobody else (I used my hand dandy chart of the nuclides) had the brains to look anywhere else for it... So the prof had me hand him my little chart (it's the part necessary for fission and fusion calculations) and put the number on the board. He let them have to the next class to do it. I had to show many how you would do it...
    Or the lady that refused to believe that the defense budget (this was before class) wasn't the biggest part of the federal budget. No amount of sources and graphs would convince her otherwise.
    Or another I got held after class--I'd related this story to the prof earlier--to tell another female student that planes could easily disappear in the Bermuda Triangle without a trace. This was about an A-7 on the Enterprise that had gone down about 40 miles from the carrier off San Diego during training ops. We searched for four days and didn't find anything, long story short.

That class was such a hoot. The bulk of the liberal arts majors were vapid idiots. They couldn't do simple algebra. They had no real skills at researching or documenting anything. They were like high school students going through high school a second time.

Why didn’t that education you claim teach you why your racism is idiotic?

Because you are a sociopathic narcissist

You are a horrible human being

Each one of those people you scorn here is worth a thousand yous

23. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,492 Times in 7,583 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 274 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Which means he attended higher training for his A&P or worked for several years OJT.

Do you really think the average Fedex mechanic tops out dentists in pay over the course of their careers?
    Depends. I have a friend ( dentist) who nets over $1 million/ yr.
    Factoring in student loan repayment my son will do better than a career , low ambition VA , prison or military dentist. Then there’s a percentage of dentists that drop out of the profession (same as any profession).
    He couldn’t do better considering his interests and skill set.
    Last edited by anonymoose; 09-26-2021 at 08:23 AM.

24. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,492 Times in 7,583 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 274 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

It's a ticket to the big leagues in business. I was never interested in business.
    Ive known several with MBA’s. They found a job. *hand job*

25. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by evince View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lionfish View Post
    Note to most people. Avoid the poisoning your mind will get by attending most colleges.
    Edumaction is bad

You are a fucking idiot
    It's a form of sour grapes; "No one has an ugly baby" syndrome. Basically, that people who invest a lot of time and/or money in something tend to see it as perfect or better than all others when the reverse is true. It can be seen when certain low IQ types buy a car, house or drop out of school to work at a gas station for "real money".

In this case when 30-40somethings hit ceilings in their life because they lack the academic credentials to advance, they begin blaming others for their failures. They bitch about all the women in college taking up space or that businesses are corrupt for only promoting their "inner circle" (yeah, they're called "college graduates")

Every person on this thread who demeans others for advancing their education is a loser and anti-American. The whole idea of America is the Land of Opportunity, the land where people are free to advance themselves yet this thread is full of Trumpian Dick Suckers (TDS) who are trying to run down fellow Americans for advancing themselves. Why would they do that unless they were hateful little dipshit losers?

Maybe someone can explain why they think that way.

https://www.ideatovalue.com/crea/nic...orn-imperfect/
    the tendency for parents to think that their child is beautiful, even if a stranger would not agree.

https://medium.com/@robtbelt/ugly-ba...t-25f47c0b28d8
    Ugly Baby Syndrome in Business Development

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

evince (09-26-2021), Guno צְבִי (09-26-2021)