Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: ‘Dozens’ of Massachusetts troopers line up to quit over COVID vaccine mandate

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,653 Times in 2,111 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 93 Times in 89 Posts

Default ‘Dozens’ of Massachusetts troopers line up to quit over COVID vaccine mandate

“Dozens” of state troopers fed up with the governor’s vaccine mandate are filing paperwork to quit the force as a Superior Court judge has denied any delay in the mandate that kicks in Oct. 17.

“Many of these troopers are going to be returning to their previous municipal police departments within the state that allow for regular testing and masks,” said union boss Michael Cherven. “To date, dozens of troopers have already submitted their resignation paperwork.”

The State Police Association of Massachusetts said in a statement shared with the Herald Friday that allowing the union representing 1,800 members to negotiate with the Baker administration was their preferred route.

“We are disappointed in the judge’s ruling; however, we respect her decision,” Cherven said. “It is unfortunate that the Governor and his team have chosen to mandate one of the most stringent vaccine mandates in the country with no reasonable alternatives.”

Gov. Charlie Baker instituted a vaccine mandate for all Executive Branch employees Aug. 19, including all troopers, with a deadline of Oct. 17 to be fully vaccinated. The order only granted exemptions for those who have medical or religious grounds to reject the vaccine.

Cherven pointed out troopers “have been on the front lines protecting the citizens of Massachusetts and beyond” through the pandemic — as have all first responders.

“Simply put, all we are asking for are the same basic accommodations that countless other departments have provided to their first responders, and to treat a COVID-related illness as a line-of-duty injury,” Cherven said.

Now that the judge has rejected any delay, the troopers still needing jabs have just days to begin the vaccination process — if they want the Moderna or Pfizer two-shot mRNA coronavirus vaccine. Not having a shot could cost the officers their jobs.

About 20% of members were unvaccinated as of earlier this week, the Herald reported.

“The State Police are already critically short staffed and acknowledge this by the unprecedented moves to take officers from specialty units that investigate homicide’s, terrorism, computer crimes, arsons and human trafficking, to name just a few,” Cherven said.

The commonwealth’s attorney, Jennifer Greaney, argued in court that the state had offered concessions during two “good faith” bargaining meetings and several emails.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime...ate/ar-AAON2Y0

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,145 Times in 10,539 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,987 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

I think I'll blow off my head, but first I think I'll cut my nuts off.

Smart guys these Republicans. You really got us with this stunt.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Micawber For This Post:

Diesel (09-25-2021), evince (09-27-2021)

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,967 Times in 32,282 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Micawber View Post
    teaser.....
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

5. The Following User Says Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

Stringfellow Hawk (09-27-2021)

6. #4 | Top
    Living in rural America, "clinging to guns and religion"
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,603 Times in 17,045 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 522 Times in 502 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Micawber View Post
    Good! Glad to hear. Wrap a piece of piano wire around your nuts and slowly twist it. That'll cut em' off.
    It takes a little longer, but you'll be ready to blow your head off. You can start anytime. Now, preferably.
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to RB 60 For This Post:

Stringfellow Hawk (09-27-2021)

8. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,013 Times in 6,215 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 710 Times in 658 Posts
    Blog Entries

9. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,312 Times in 8,474 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,701 Times in 2,506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jade Dragon View Post
    That is the point they do not seems to get. There are terrible workers in every organization that the organization is trying to get rid of. They match up nicely with the anti-vaxxers. Many organizations are glad to get rid of them.

Look at the people who are threatening to leave. The bus drivers at the school system, the janitors at the hospital, and other jobs that do not require a high school diploma. Because of political pressure, they are massively overpaid compared to the market. Notice it is local government employed bus drivers, not the private sector bus drivers.

10. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    That is the point they do not seems to get. There are terrible workers in every organization that the organization is trying to get rid of. They match up nicely with the anti-vaxxers. Many organizations are glad to get rid of them.

Look at the people who are threatening to leave. The bus drivers at the school system, the janitors at the hospital, and other jobs that do not require a high school diploma. Because of political pressure, they are massively overpaid compared to the market. Notice it is local government employed bus drivers, not the private sector bus drivers.
    Just a bunch of deplorables, eh Alter lol?

You couldn’t be more wrong but that’s not the point. Mr. Unity president is dividing the country over this and it’s totally unnecessary. Rather than showing an once of flexibility by allowing workers to opt out with weekly testing or by proving they’ve had the bug and recovered *so they don’t need* jabbed.

It’s both bad politics and bad science, Alter.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

Matt Dillon (09-27-2021)

12. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,729 Times in 27,216 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,585 Times in 18,174 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    Just a bunch of deplorables, eh Alter lol?

You couldn’t be more wrong but that’s not the point. Mr. Unity president is dividing the country over this and it’s totally unnecessary. Rather than showing an once of flexibility by allowing workers to opt out with weekly testing or by proving they’ve had the bug and recovered *so they don’t need* jabbed.

It’s both bad politics and bad science, Alter.

You idiots want people unified with death

That’s not unity idiot

Shooting Rosie the riveter would be the Republican party’s idea of unity

13. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,729 Times in 27,216 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,585 Times in 18,174 Posts
    Blog Entries

14. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,826 Times in 3,622 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 368 Times in 352 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ziggy View Post
    “Dozens” of state troopers fed up with the governor’s vaccine mandate are filing paperwork to quit the force as a Superior Court judge has denied any delay in the mandate that kicks in Oct. 17.

“Many of these troopers are going to be returning to their previous municipal police departments within the state that allow for regular testing and masks,” said union boss Michael Cherven. “To date, dozens of troopers have already submitted their resignation paperwork.”

The State Police Association of Massachusetts said in a statement shared with the Herald Friday that allowing the union representing 1,800 members to negotiate with the Baker administration was their preferred route.

“We are disappointed in the judge’s ruling; however, we respect her decision,” Cherven said. “It is unfortunate that the Governor and his team have chosen to mandate one of the most stringent vaccine mandates in the country with no reasonable alternatives.”

Gov. Charlie Baker instituted a vaccine mandate for all Executive Branch employees Aug. 19, including all troopers, with a deadline of Oct. 17 to be fully vaccinated. The order only granted exemptions for those who have medical or religious grounds to reject the vaccine.

Cherven pointed out troopers “have been on the front lines protecting the citizens of Massachusetts and beyond” through the pandemic — as have all first responders.

“Simply put, all we are asking for are the same basic accommodations that countless other departments have provided to their first responders, and to treat a COVID-related illness as a line-of-duty injury,” Cherven said.

Now that the judge has rejected any delay, the troopers still needing jabs have just days to begin the vaccination process — if they want the Moderna or Pfizer two-shot mRNA coronavirus vaccine. Not having a shot could cost the officers their jobs.

About 20% of members were unvaccinated as of earlier this week, the Herald reported.

“The State Police are already critically short staffed and acknowledge this by the unprecedented moves to take officers from specialty units that investigate homicide’s, terrorism, computer crimes, arsons and human trafficking, to name just a few,” Cherven said.

The commonwealth’s attorney, Jennifer Greaney, argued in court that the state had offered concessions during two “good faith” bargaining meetings and several emails.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime...ate/ar-AAON2Y0
    We have seen that conservatives often vote against their own self interests. In this case, we see people throwing away not only their health but also their livelihoods because they are misinformed, undereducated, stupid, and/or suspicious. It's insanity.

15. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,247 Times in 7,133 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,197 Times in 1,112 Posts

Good Riddance.

They will be immediately replaced by policemen that know how to follow orders!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Geeko Sportivo For This Post:

evince (09-27-2021)

17. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,460 Times in 7,746 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 510 Times in 503 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel View Post
    We have seen that conservatives often vote against their own self interests. In this case, we see people throwing away not only their health but also their livelihoods because they are misinformed, undereducated, stupid, and/or suspicious. It's insanity.
    No. It's overreach of authority wreaking havoc.

18. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,826 Times in 3,622 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 368 Times in 352 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Dillon View Post
    No. It's overreach of authority wreaking havoc.
    It sho ain't. It's telling retards to do what they shouldn't have to be told to do. "Wipe your ass after you shit." "No! Commie! Government overreach!"

19. The Following User Groans At Diesel For This Awful Post:

Matt Dillon (09-27-2021)

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Diesel For This Post:

LV426 (09-27-2021)

21. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,422 Times in 10,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel View Post
    It sho ain't. It's telling retards to do what they shouldn't have to be told to do. "Wipe your ass after you shit." "No! Commie! Government overreach!"
    I work from the assumption now that every single Conservative doesn't wash their hands or wipe their ass after taking a shit.
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist

22. The Following User Says Thank You to LV426 For This Post:

Diesel (09-27-2021)

23. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,460 Times in 7,746 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 510 Times in 503 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    I work from the assumption now that every single Conservative doesn't wash their hands or wipe their ass after taking a shit.
    That's nice, honey.