Page 1 of 28 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Drummie's Musical Favorites

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 28 Times in 25 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default Drummie's Musical Favorites

If no one minds or unless I'm unknowingly breaking any rules, I'm starting this thread so I can just post the music I like and share it with who ever (It evokes memories of Donna's 'whoso-nevers'. inside joke I'll tell you later, maybe.) else wants to listen. Feel free to talk about anything and post your own music. I don't care. Enjoy the music that I enjoy. Most do. The videos I post are always chosen because I like them for some reason or another and I think you will like them, too. If not, bye.

Or you can just chat about anything on your mind. But first and foremost, these are the songs I'm listening to.

I post sometimes dozens of songs a night. Other times it can go days without posting any music, but music mellows me out and allows me to think about things, so I always feel better when I remember to chill sometimes.

That's enough of that.

Drummie
    The Left will cause Government of the people, by the people, for the people, to perish from the Earth.

Trump is mankind's last hope to preserve Liberty.

MAGA

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

'Til Tuesday - Voices Carry
    Oct 25, 2009

TilTuesdayVEVO
    28K subscribers
    Til Tuesday's official music video for 'Voices Carry'.

After all these years I never gave this song more than a 30 second listen because I thought they were glorifying some guy named, "Mr. Carey."

LOL

Duh.

That's one benefit in the internet's favor.

Til Tuesday's -'Voices Carry'

Lyrics:

I'm in the dark, I'd like to read his mind
    But I'm frightened of the things I might find
    Oh, there must be something he's thinking of
    To tear him away-a-ay
    When I tell him that I'm falling in love
    Why does he say-a-ay

Hush hush, keep it down now, voices carry
    Hush hush, keep it down now, voices carry
    Uh-ah

I try so hard not to get upset
    Because I know all the trouble I'll get
    Oh, he tells me tears are something to hide
    And something to fear-eh-eh
    And I try so hard to keep it inside
    So no one can hear
    The Left will cause Government of the people, by the people, for the people, to perish from the Earth.

MAGA

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Drummie123 For This Post:

Matt Dillon (10-02-2021)

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Time Won't Let Me Outsiders STEREO HiQ Hybrid JARichardsFilm 720p

MAGA

5. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

The Monkees - "Pleasant Valley Sunday" - ORIGINAL VIDEO - HQ

There was a legendary handful of Los Angeles area studio musicians who were a couple dozen in number (although I get the idea that a few individuals came and went into these sessions as time went on) most of them were so often booked for studio recording sessions together that they came to be called, "The Wrecking Crew" because they were just so good.

Many/most of America's favorite songs of every genre from the mid 1960's until about mid 1970's were recorded with the Wrecking Crew doing the backgrounds or all of the music except for the singing.

This was one of their numbers, iinm.

MAGA

6. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

In The Evening When The Sun Goes Down (Live) · Lou Rawls

MAGA

7. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Ray Charles - What'd I Say (1959)

MAGA

8. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

California Sun · The Rivieras

MAGA

9. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,851 Times in 14,189 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,453 Times in 1,372 Posts
    Blog Entries

“If we have to have a choice between being dead and pitied, and being alive with a bad image, we’d rather be alive and have the bad image.”

— Golda Meir

Zionism is the movement for the self-determination and statehood for the Jewish people in their ancestral homeland, the land of Israel.

“If Hamas put down their weapons, there would be no more violence. If the Jews put down their weapons, there would be no Israel."

ברוך השם

10. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

The Locomotion · Little Eva

MAGA

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Drummie123 For This Post:

Matt Dillon (10-02-2021)

12. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Deconstructing a Myth: Sloopy Girl
    Sep 20, 2021

King of the House Inc.
    3.7K subscribers

A short music film shot in 1975 has turned into an online sensation. That's the year Rick Derringer updated "Hang On Sloopy," a song that had been a #1 hit for his band, The McCoys, a decade before. That online video has been viewed by more than 25 million people and that number grows every day. It is not so much the song that has captivated viewers. It is the mysterious dancing girl who appears in the video. "Sloopy Girl's" true identity has remained a mystery. Theories abound. But they are mainly based on gossip, online rumors, mislabeled photos, wrong information, urban legends and myths. That situation changes today.

The story of the Sloopy dancer must be told by Lisa Leonard Dalton. In 1975, she was a teenager, living in LA (Woodland Hills) with her parents, when she appeared as "Sloopy Girl." Lisa has provided photo evidence, a convincing timeline, and more than a dozen witnesses claim she is the authentic Sloopy dancing girl. Witnesses include her former male dance partner in the '70s, her high school classmates, friends and relatives.

This documentary tells Lisa's story with a backdrop of the sights, sounds and pop culture of the musically diverse 1960s and '70s era. The goal was to collect evidence and to verify facts. In so doing we are preserving one tiny, but shining, moment in Rock 'n' Roll history.

Soon an in-depth article about "Sloopy Girl" with photos, specifics of the 1975 film shoot, a full interview with Lisa, and statements by several witnesses, who know for a fact that Lisa was the mystery dancer, will be posted at Puget Sound Media. When the article is ready, I will provide a notification at this channel.

This project is nonprofit and noncommercial. However, let it be known that YouTube now monetizes virtually all videos, including historical documentaries. Any ad revenue YouTube collects from this video will be retained by YouTube and, as applicable, split with copyright license holders of this 50 year old material (as determined by YouTube). Zero proceeds from views of this video are distributed to this channel or to any persons affiliated with this video.

Fair Use copyright notice:
    The Copyright Laws of the United States recognize “fair use” of copyrighted content. The videos at this YouTube channel may contain certain copyrighted works that were not specifically authorized by the copyright holder(s), but which we believe in good faith are protected by federal law and the fair use doctrine for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, parody, or research. All video is for educational purposes only and it is deemed transformative. We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. The material on this channel is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.
    For more information, go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/...

“Notwithstanding the provisions of sections 106 and 106A, the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or recordings or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright. In determining whether the use made of a work in any particular case is a fair use the factors to be considered shall include—
    (1) the purpose and character of the use, including whether such use is of a commercial nature or is for nonprofit educational purposes;
    (2) the nature of the copyrighted work;
    (3) the amount and substantiality of the portion used in relation to the copyrighted work as a whole; and
    (4) the effect of the use upon the potential market for or value of the copyrighted work.
    The fact that a work is unpublished shall not itself bar a finding of fair use if such finding is made upon consideration of all the above factors.”

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this channel for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use, you must obtain permission from the copyright holder.
    Last edited by Drummie123; 10-02-2021 at 04:27 PM.

MAGA

13. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,460 Times in 7,746 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 510 Times in 503 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Drummie123 View Post
    MaCoys - Hang on sloopy.mpg
    She dances so good!

This is why not many girls were fat when I was growing up.

That and no phones and playing Frisbee and volleyball and softball and tennis if you were a girl.'

Cheerleading...gymnastics...swimming..

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Matt Dillon For This Post:

Drummie123 (10-02-2021)

15. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,851 Times in 14,189 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,453 Times in 1,372 Posts
    Blog Entries

“If we have to have a choice between being dead and pitied, and being alive with a bad image, we’d rather be alive and have the bad image.”

— Golda Meir

Zionism is the movement for the self-determination and statehood for the Jewish people in their ancestral homeland, the land of Israel.

“If Hamas put down their weapons, there would be no more violence. If the Jews put down their weapons, there would be no Israel."

ברוך השם

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Guno צְבִי For This Post:

Drummie123 (10-02-2021)

17. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Edison Lighthouse “Love Grows”

MAGA

18. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Ace Of Base - All That She Wants (Live) 1993

MAGA

19. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Dillon View Post
    She dances so good!

This is why not many girls were fat when I was growing up.

That and no phones and playing Frisbee and volleyball and softball and tennis if you were a girl.'

Cheerleading...gymnastics...swimming..
    The millions of views of the music video are due to her dancing, not the McCoys' music.

I think she is SMH sexy. LOL

MAGA