Thread: Most COVID In Schools With No Mask Mandates

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default Most COVID In Schools With No Mask Mandates

CDC: Most COVID-19 outbreaks in Arizona schools tied to no mask requirements

"Sept. 24 (UPI) -- Schools in Arizona without mask requirements for students and staff were nearly four times more likely to experience a COVID-19 outbreak than those who mandate face coverings, according to data released Friday by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention."

Of the 999 kindergarten through 12th-grade public schools included in the analysis, 191 reported outbreaks of the virus, which were defined as two or more confirmed cases among students or staff within a 14-day period and at least seven days after in-person learning started, the agency said.

Among the schools with outbreaks, 113 did not have masking requirements and 20 implemented face covering policies within roughly two weeks or more of classes resuming, it said.

Sixteen of the outbreaks occurred in schools that enacted mask requirements before or soon after reopening, the data showed."

CDC Data:

"A school was considered to have a mask requirement if all persons, regardless of vaccination status, were required to wear a mask indoors in school. An early mask requirement was one that was in place when the school year began, and a late mask requirement was one that was implemented any time after school began.

Data were available for 1,020 of 1,041 (98.0%) K–12 public noncharter schools in Maricopa and Pima counties. Twenty-one (2.0%) schools had outbreaks reported <7 days after school began and were excluded from the analyses. Among the 999 (96.0%) schools included in the analysis, 210 (21.0%) had an early mask requirement, 309 (30.9%) had a late mask requirement enacted a median of 15 days after school started (interquartile range = 9–17 days), and 480 (48.0%) had no mask requirement (Table). During July 15–August 31, 2021, 191 school-associated outbreaks occurred, 16 (8.4%) in schools with early mask requirements, 62 (32.5%) in schools with late mask requirements, and 113 (59.2%) in schools without a mask requirement.

In the crude analysis, the odds of a school-associated COVID-19 outbreak in schools with no mask requirement were 3.7 times higher than those in schools with an early mask requirement (odds ratio [OR] = 3.7; 95% CI = 2.2–6.5). After adjusting for potential described confounders, the odds of a school-associated COVID-19 outbreak in schools without a mask requirement were 3.5 times higher than those in schools with an early mask requirement (OR = 3.5; 95% CI = 1.8–6.9).
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (09-25-2021)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,615 Times in 10,048 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,101 Times in 1,013 Posts

So...dont go there

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Nearly 4 times more COVID with no mask mandates.

Implement mask mandates, cut COVID to 1/4.

The data shows it.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (09-25-2021)

6. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,615 Times in 10,048 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,101 Times in 1,013 Posts

Stay in your house with 2 masks on

7. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,758 Times in 11,557 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 889 Times in 847 Posts

'The View' thrown into chaos when Sunny Hostin and Ana Navarro test positive for COVID seconds before Kamala Harris interview
    Suzy Byrne
    Suzy Byrne·Editor, Yahoo Entertainment
    Fri, September 24, 2021, 1:38 PM·4 min read

Kamala Harris appeared on Friday's The View, but all hell broke loose on the show moments before when co-hosts Sunny Hostin and
    Ana Navarro learned they tested positive for COVID-19.
    https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...hssrp_catchall

BOTH HAVE BEEN JABBED
    Abortion rights dogma can obscure human reason & harden the human heart so much that the same person who feels
    empathy for animal suffering can lack compassion for unborn children who experience lethal violence and excruciating
    pain in abortion.

Unborn animals are protected in their nesting places, humans are not. To abort something is to end something
    which has begun. To abort life is to end it.

8. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hard to argue with science.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (09-25-2021)

10. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,646 Times in 10,702 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 618 Times in 607 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post

"Sept. 24 (UPI) -- Schools in Arizona without mask requirements for students and staff were nearly four times more likely to experience a COVID-19 outbreak than those who mandate face coverings, according to data released Friday by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention."

Of the 999 kindergarten through 12th-grade public schools included in the analysis, 191 reported outbreaks of the virus, which were defined as two or more confirmed cases among students or staff within a 14-day period and at least seven days after in-person learning started, the agency said.

Among the schools with outbreaks, 113 did not have masking requirements and 20 implemented face covering policies within roughly two weeks or more of classes resuming, it said.

Sixteen of the outbreaks occurred in schools that enacted mask requirements before or soon after reopening, the data showed."

CDC Data:

"A school was considered to have a mask requirement if all persons, regardless of vaccination status, were required to wear a mask indoors in school. An early mask requirement was one that was in place when the school year began, and a late mask requirement was one that was implemented any time after school began.

Data were available for 1,020 of 1,041 (98.0%) K–12 public noncharter schools in Maricopa and Pima counties. Twenty-one (2.0%) schools had outbreaks reported <7 days after school began and were excluded from the analyses. Among the 999 (96.0%) schools included in the analysis, 210 (21.0%) had an early mask requirement, 309 (30.9%) had a late mask requirement enacted a median of 15 days after school started (interquartile range = 9–17 days), and 480 (48.0%) had no mask requirement (Table). During July 15–August 31, 2021, 191 school-associated outbreaks occurred, 16 (8.4%) in schools with early mask requirements, 62 (32.5%) in schools with late mask requirements, and 113 (59.2%) in schools without a mask requirement.

In the crude analysis, the odds of a school-associated COVID-19 outbreak in schools with no mask requirement were 3.7 times higher than those in schools with an early mask requirement (odds ratio [OR] = 3.7; 95% CI = 2.2–6.5). After adjusting for potential described confounders, the odds of a school-associated COVID-19 outbreak in schools without a mask requirement were 3.5 times higher than those in schools with an early mask requirement (OR = 3.5; 95% CI = 1.8–6.9).
    DOESN'T DO SHIT TO KIDS.....SO?
    TRUMP WILL TAKE FORTY STATES...UNLESS THE SAME IDIOTS WHO BROUGHT US THE 2020 DUNCE-O-CRAT IOWA CLUSTERFUCK CONTINUE THEIR SEDITIOUS ACTIVITIES...THEN HE WILL WIN EVEN MORE ..UNLESS THE RED CHINESE AND DNC COLLUDE, USE A PANDEMIC, AND THEN THE DEMOCRATS VIOLATE ARTICLE II OF THE CONSTITUTION, TO FACILLITATE MILLIONS OF ILLEGAL, UNVETTED, MAIL IN BALLOTS IN THE DARK OF NIGHT..

De Oppresso Liber

11. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,098 Times in 11,671 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,366 Times in 1,352 Posts
    Blog Entries

CDC Data:

Stop quoting made up shit. Random numbers are not data. Stop encouraging the abuse of children.
    "The atmosphere is among the factors that determines the Earth's atmosphere." --ZenMode
    "Donald has failed in almost every endeavor he has attempted. " --floridafan
    "Abortion is not a moral issue. " --BidenPresident
    "Propaganda can also be factual." --Flash
    "Even after being vaccinated, you shed virus particles." --Jerome
    "no slavery is forcing another into labor" -archives
    "Evs are much safer from fires" -- Nordberg
    "Abortion has killed no one." -- LurchAddams

12. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Nearly 4 times more COVID with no mask mandates.

Implement mask mandates, cut COVID to 1/4.

The data shows it.
    There is no data. Random numbers are not data.
    "The atmosphere is among the factors that determines the Earth's atmosphere." --ZenMode

13. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Grokmaster View Post
    DOESN'T DO SHIT TO KIDS.....SO?
    Mandating masks in schools is child abuse.

14. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,242 Times in 13,389 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 840 Times in 799 Posts

The problem here is that the assumption is that masks make the difference. Until we control for other factors there's no knowing if masks made any difference at all. So, the argument made in the linked article is simply meaningless drivel at this point.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to T. A. Gardner For This Post:

Darth Omar (09-25-2021)

16. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello T. A. Gardner,

Quote Originally Posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    The problem here is that the assumption is that masks make the difference. Until we control for other factors there's no knowing if masks made any difference at all. So, the argument made in the linked article is simply meaningless drivel at this point.
    You have offered nothing to show it was an assumption. No link, no evidence.

It was no assumption. There was no predetermined assumption going into the study. The data showed that masks made the difference. It was a Conclusion.

This scientifically conducted study was produced by:

"Megan Jehn, PhD1,*; J. Mac McCullough, PhD2,*; Ariella P. Dale, PhD3,4; Matthew Gue1; Brian Eller5; Theresa Cullen, MD5; Sarah E. Scott, MD4"

It was published by the United States Centers For Disease Control and Prevention

Other factors such as the possibility that someone had COVID before school began were ruled out by eliminating all the cases in which COVID was detected during the first 7 calendar days of school from the study.

The study shows that school mask mandates result in 1/4 the chance of spreading COVID.

School Mask Mandates are effective. This scientific study is evidence of it.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (09-25-2021)

18. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,784 Times in 17,238 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,593 Times in 4,271 Posts

Michigan has been a test kitchen too. The schools with mask mandates have a lot less Covid than those without that regulation. it is just that simple.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nordberg For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (09-25-2021), PoliTalker (09-25-2021)

20. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,242 Times in 13,389 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 840 Times in 799 Posts

Hello T. A. Gardner,

You have offered nothing to show it was an assumption. No link, no evidence.

It was no assumption. There was no predetermined assumption going into the study. The data showed that masks made the difference. It was a Conclusion.

This scientifically conducted study was produced by:

"Megan Jehn, PhD1,*; J. Mac McCullough, PhD2,*; Ariella P. Dale, PhD3,4; Matthew Gue1; Brian Eller5; Theresa Cullen, MD5; Sarah E. Scott, MD4"

It was published by the United States Centers For Disease Control and Prevention

Other factors such as the possibility that someone had COVID before school began were ruled out by eliminating all the cases in which COVID was detected during the first 7 calendar days of school from the study.

The study shows that school mask mandates result in 1/4 the chance of spreading COVID.

School Mask Mandates are effective. This scientific study is evidence of it.
    The study doesn't look at any other factors than masking. Students are not in school roughly two-thirds of the time. Are the students "social distanced" when in class? Are the school classrooms of similar design and age? What are the socio-economic circumstances of the students? There are all sorts of factors that come into play here other than masks.

Here's the original study on this:

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/70/...cid=mm7039e1_w

They took nothing into account except whether masks were used or not. There was no attempt to check and see if there were Chinese Disease outbreaks in the area of the school independent of the school or control for students who got Chinese Disease outside of the school and classroom. Vaccination rates are not taken into account. The study is so coarse as to be meaningless.

21. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello T. A. Gardner,

Quote Originally Posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    The study doesn't look at any other factors than masking. Students are not in school roughly two-thirds of the time. Are the students "social distanced" when in class? Are the school classrooms of similar design and age? What are the socio-economic circumstances of the students? There are all sorts of factors that come into play here other than masks.

Here's the original study on this:

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/70/...cid=mm7039e1_w

They took nothing into account except whether masks were used or not. There was no attempt to check and see if there were Chinese Disease outbreaks in the area of the school independent of the school or control for students who got Chinese Disease outside of the school and classroom. Vaccination rates are not taken into account. The study is so coarse as to be meaningless.
    Then would you agree that social distancing is an effective way to reduce the chance of transmission?

That would support government limitations on the % of capacity which should be allowed inside buildings such as schools, restaurants, bars, malls, stores, public buildings, etc. wherever there are increased confirmed cases. It would also make sense to have mandatory testing so that government would have a good way to know where to implement limited capacity requirements.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (09-25-2021)