Thread: Trump's 757 Grounded - Needs Expensive Repairs

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,415 Times in 16,404 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,433 Times in 1,355 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    No, you do not. He was on TV today explaining it all. He spoke in complete e\sentences, showed an adult vocabulary, and explained what he is doing. I have no problems with him in charge.
    You're one of the few left who doesn't have problems with him in charge. I completely understand, though...

2. The Following User Says Thank You to TOP For This Post:

Truth Detector (09-24-2021)

3. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

You know, if this was a commercial airliner that was needed, the plane would be up and running in a week.

Trump has claimed he will have the plane back in the air by the end of the year.

But he didn't say which year...............................
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

4. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,415 Times in 16,404 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,433 Times in 1,355 Posts
    Blog Entries

Actually, he did...

5. The Following User Says Thank You to TOP For This Post:

6. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,948 Times in 1,418 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 111 Times in 104 Posts

the jealousy of the couch potato left is never ending
    Last edited by Stringfellow Hawk; 09-24-2021 at 10:58 AM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Stringfellow Hawk For This Post:

8. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 54,752 Times in 33,622 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,065 Times in 4,683 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Trump's personal Boeing 757 is sitting broken and unused at a New York airport, photos show

"Former President Donald Trump's personal Boeing 757 has been sitting at New York's Stewart International airport, in need of repair and unused since President Joe Biden's Inauguration, according to recent reports.

CNN initially reported that the plane, which seats 43 and is outfitted with 24-karat gold accessories, has a broken engine which could cost hundreds of thousands of dollars to fix.

It is the only plane visibly stored in a section of the airfield where there were also no incoming or outbound flights.

The Boeing 757 uses pricey Rolls Royce RB211 Turbofan engines. One of them on Trump's plane is reportedly broken and has been removed, with the exterior wrapped in white, according to CNN.

The plane used to belong to Microsoft co-founder Paul Allen, and Trump purchased it in 2011.

The former President decked the plane out with all sorts of expensive touches, like a 24-karat gold sink and gold-plated seat belt buckles. The plane also has a shower and TV screens galore. "
    I thought they were fixing it with a brand new shiny engine? Did they figure they couldn’t do it with all the lawsuits pouring in?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

PoliTalker (09-24-2021)

10. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 54,752 Times in 33,622 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,065 Times in 4,683 Posts
    Blog Entries

You know, if this was a commercial airliner that was needed, the plane would be up and running in a week.

Trump has claimed he will have the plane back in the air by the end of the year.

But he didn't say which year...............................
    I think they realize his rallies aren’t what they thought they would be. I don’t think money is pouring in as it once was, maybe, repairs have been tabled?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

signalmankenneth (09-24-2021)

12. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,484 Times in 9,082 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,427 Times in 1,256 Posts

Default Glory days of Trump's gold-plated 757 seem far away as plane sits idle at a sleepy ai

Glory days of Trump's gold-plated 757 seem far away as plane sits idle at a sleepy airport

Washington (CNN)Trump's personal Boeing 757 was always the crown jewel of his wealth -- the ultimate sign that he had made it. He's used it as a backdrop for sleek photo shoots, campaign rallies, VIP tours, for shots of him eating his Big Macs and KFC, plated, with a knife and fork. Trump loved to show it off -- the customized cream-colored leather seats, gilded bathrooms, the seat buckles layered in 24-karat gold.

But today it sits idle on an airport ramp in Orange County, New York, about 60 miles north of Manhattan.

One engine is missing parts. The other is shrink-wrapped in plastic. The cost to fix and get it flyable could reach well into the high six-figures, a price-tag Trump doesn't appear to be dealing with right now. Though the current state of his finances aren't public, the Covid-19 pandemic has taken a toll on the hospitality industry home to so many of his businesses.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/19/polit...ays/index.html

13. The Following User Says Thank You to signalmankenneth For This Post:

PoliTalker (09-24-2021)

14. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Phantasmal,

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    I think they realize his rallies aren’t what they thought they would be. I don’t think money is pouring in as it once was, maybe, repairs have been tabled?
    What ever happened to the sexual pervert tour with Bill O' Reilly?

Pretty small plane for such a such a large pair of egos.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

15. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello signalmankenneth,

Quote Originally Posted by signalmankenneth View Post
    Glory days of Trump's gold-plated 757 seem far away as plane sits idle at a sleepy airport

Washington (CNN)Trump's personal Boeing 757 was always the crown jewel of his wealth -- the ultimate sign that he had made it. He's used it as a backdrop for sleek photo shoots, campaign rallies, VIP tours, for shots of him eating his Big Macs and KFC, plated, with a knife and fork. Trump loved to show it off -- the customized cream-colored leather seats, gilded bathrooms, the seat buckles layered in 24-karat gold.

But today it sits idle on an airport ramp in Orange County, New York, about 60 miles north of Manhattan.

One engine is missing parts. The other is shrink-wrapped in plastic. The cost to fix and get it flyable could reach well into the high six-figures, a price-tag Trump doesn't appear to be dealing with right now. Though the current state of his finances aren't public, the Covid-19 pandemic has taken a toll on the hospitality industry home to so many of his businesses.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/19/polit...ays/index.html

Oh, you know. He's just getting more environmentally conscious. The smaller Cessna uses so much less fuel. It's his contribution to reducing CO2.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

signalmankenneth (09-24-2021)

17. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,822 Times in 1,527 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 73 Times in 73 Posts

Trump's personal Boeing 757 is sitting broken and unused at a New York airport, photos show

"Former President Donald Trump's personal Boeing 757 has been sitting at New York's Stewart International airport, in need of repair and unused since President Joe Biden's Inauguration, according to recent reports.

CNN initially reported that the plane, which seats 43 and is outfitted with 24-karat gold accessories, has a broken engine which could cost hundreds of thousands of dollars to fix.

It is the only plane visibly stored in a section of the airfield where there were also no incoming or outbound flights.

The Boeing 757 uses pricey Rolls Royce RB211 Turbofan engines. One of them on Trump's plane is reportedly broken and has been removed, with the exterior wrapped in white, according to CNN.

The plane used to belong to Microsoft co-founder Paul Allen, and Trump purchased it in 2011.

The former President decked the plane out with all sorts of expensive touches, like a 24-karat gold sink and gold-plated seat belt buckles. The plane also has a shower and TV screens galore. "
    so what

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bulletbob For This Post:

anonymoose (09-24-2021), Truth Detector (09-24-2021)

19. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,417 Times in 7,536 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 270 Times in 253 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bulletbob View Post
    so what
    And why is this in the Politics forum? A plane needing repairs I'd place in Miscellaneous.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to anonymoose For This Post:

21. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,029 Times in 12,559 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,401 Times in 1,345 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TOP View Post
    Y'all fret too much....should be fixed by midterm elections...
    But I understand why you need to focus on someone other than Joe right now...
    I reported on this a long time ago......as I remember the story it has not been used since early 2019......the plan was to buy an engine that had at least one takeoff left in it presumably to get it to the Trump Library.

Trump had no plans to use it again.
    This illegal illegitimate regime that runs America is at fault...not me.... they do not represent me and I have long objected to their crimes against humanity.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Hawkeye10 For This Post:

23. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,029 Times in 12,559 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,401 Times in 1,345 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by anonymoose View Post
    And why is this in the Politics forum? A plane needing repairs I'd place in Miscellaneous.
    Because the plane is an historic political prop and the decision to get it flying or not speaks to Trumps future political plans.

Do you have any more stupid questions?
    This illegal illegitimate regime that runs America is at fault...not me.... they do not represent me and I have long objected to their crimes against humanity.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Hawkeye10 For This Post:

25. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,010 Times in 8,272 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,673 Times in 2,479 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TOP View Post
    Y'all fret too much....should be fixed by midterm elections...
    I certainly hope so. We could really use trump destroying alt right campaigns.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Walt For This Post:

PoliTalker (09-24-2021)

27. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,335 Times in 22,664 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,239 Times in 2,979 Posts
    Blog Entries

BUT TRUMP!!!
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

A lie doesn't become the truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it is accepted by a majority.
    Author: Booker T. Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Unless you just can't stand the idea of "ni**ers" teaching white kids.

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    Address the topic, not other posters.