Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why are Repukes trying to bankrupt the country?

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,319 Times in 1,689 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 416 Times in 383 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    Which party is trying to spend more than $5 trillion in new debt at the moment...?
    That has nothing to do with paying for what has already been spent.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Port Tack For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (09-24-2021)

3. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,319 Times in 1,689 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 416 Times in 383 Posts

Pretty telling that the Democrats want to do exactly the same thing that's been repeatedly tried since at least Clinton and has repeatedly failed to produce the economic results promised only this time they want to go bigger on the amounts, as if that'll make a difference...
    Go ahead and cause a default republicans. It will be known which party caused the recession and jacked up our interest rates. You think people are leaving your fucked up party now just go ahead and fuck the country and we won't see any of you assholes being elected again.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Port Tack For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (09-24-2021)

5. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,973 Times in 32,288 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by reagansghost View Post
    repukes are like low rents who skip out on the check, fuggin deadbeats

in effect trying to stiff the country on Don's $8T national debt debt
    Dems are like the date who orders the three most expensive items on the menu and asks for three doggy bags, then wonders why the guy isn't happy with the tab.......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

6. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

pretty telling that Biden wants to pump trillions into infrastructure and post covid economic recovery after Trump destroyed it by gross negligence, after Trump's GOP gave themselves tax cuts worth trillions of dollars and told everyone else to fuck off

says it all
    yep.......fuck off.....
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

7. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I suggest a compromise.........the debt ceiling is raised.......the $3.5T spending bill is reduced to tree fiddy, and Biden steps down......

8. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,448 Times in 52,464 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,513 Times in 2,470 Posts
    Blog Entries

Pretty telling that the Democrats want to do exactly the same thing that's been repeatedly tried since at least Clinton and has repeatedly failed to produce the economic results promised only this time they want to go bigger on the amounts, as if that'll make a difference...
    The Republicans have been doing the same thing; spending money We, the People don't have. I fail to see why one party is worse than the other when they are both spendthrifts.

Best, IMO, is to formulate a plan back toward solvency. Part of this is raise taxes. Only fucking morons think we can cut taxes and spend more money as shown in the graph below:

https://zfacts.com/national-debt/
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

9. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,033 Times in 14,528 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,387 Times in 1,305 Posts

They do it whenever a Democrat is in the White House.

I haven't heard much about the 'rocket fuel' for the economy that we were promised when they rammed through the tax scam.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

10. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,917 Times in 1,477 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 77 Times in 75 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Port Tack View Post
    Raising the debt ceiling is to pay for what the orange asshole spent, it has nothing to do with Biden. Trump is the one who did not give a shit about overspending.
    Hmmm ... hojo spending trillions ... Trump's fault ...

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Grumpy For This Post:

Doc Dutch (09-24-2021)

12. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,245 Times in 2,336 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 162 Times in 151 Posts
    Blog Entries

Raising the debt ceiling is to pay for what the orange asshole spent, it has nothing to do with Biden. Trump is the one who did not give a shit about overspending.
    Noooooo, it’s not just “to pay for what the orange asshole spent”. Some say we’re still paying off revolutionary war debt. And if you did a little economic forensic research, you’d probably find that over the past century, a lot of that debt was incurred from big government social programs(and I’m not completely blaming you jackasses, there’s plenty of republicans that go along with that crap just to get elected). What do you think is going to happen the second that ceiling is raised?

There’s a 5(some say 10 when the dust settles) trillion dollar spending bill lurking there in the swamp. Just chock full of green new deal and “social infrastructure” bullshit that we’ve never had before and never needed. On top of that, you’ve got about 3 years until the Trump tax reforms expire. Don’t celebrate too soon. If this economy is still fucked in 2025 and harris gets enough bogus mail in ballots, AND the biden COVID variants keep piling on, the REAL taxpayers in this country are gonna disappear faster than a Krispy Kreme donut in front of Stacey Abrams. The republicans are offering you morons an opportunity to at least appear to be reasonable adults. You should take it.
    “The Communist party must control the guns.”
    ― Mao Tse-tung

“Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything.”-Generally attributed to Uncle Joe Stalin

“Everything under heaven is in utter choas; the situation is excellent.”
    ― mao tse-tung

13. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,339 Times in 8,497 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,701 Times in 2,506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    That is the most amazing chart available, because it really shows the failures of every Republican since Reagan to do what they claim to be doing.

14. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,288 Times in 13,415 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 843 Times in 802 Posts

$1.5 trillion on a new "infrastructure" bill that will never pay back and is all on borrowed money, $3.5 trillion in a budget that laden with pork and will never pay back, mostly written on credit, and that's just for starters with the Democrats and Biden at the moment...

15. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    That is the most amazing chart available, because it really shows the failures of every Republican since Reagan to do what they claim to be doing.
    Two parties are supposed to give us the best from both sides but all we keep seeing is the worst. Both parties look out for their agenda, not what is best for the nation.

Lately, the Republicans have actively begun trying to tear it all down and replace our government with a President-for-Life. They should stop that before they bite off more than they can chew.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

Walt (09-24-2021)

17. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,288 Times in 13,415 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 843 Times in 802 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    The Republicans have been doing the same thing; spending money We, the People don't have. I fail to see why one party is worse than the other when they are both spendthrifts.

Best, IMO, is to formulate a plan back toward solvency. Part of this is raise taxes. Only fucking morons think we can cut taxes and spend more money as shown in the graph below:

https://zfacts.com/national-debt/
    It doesn't matter who was spending what in the past. That we have to deal with and trying to assign blame is just a dodge to doing that. The Democrats today are proposing more and increased spending along with raising the debt limit, yet again. We need to reign in spending, not spend more and more...

18. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

It doesn't matter who was spending what in the past. That we have to deal with and trying to assign blame is just a dodge to doing that. The Democrats today are proposing more and increased spending along with raising the debt limit, yet again. We need to reign in spending, not spend more and more...
    $100 says a budget deal will be passed with just as much Republican pork as there is Democratic pork. Those who deny Republicans are feasting like there’s no tomorrow are either blind or intentionally misrepresenting the truth.

Agreed in reigning in spending, but let’s be honest - Trick down economics is just the rich and powerful pissing on the backs of everyone downstream of them.

Remember the Laffer Curve? It was used a lot to justify tax cuts 20 years ago. What the proponents neglected to point out was that there’s two sides to that curve: too much and not enough. We’re now on the “not enough” side.

The common corporate excuse fed to the stupid is “If we pay more taxes then we’ll ship jobs overseas”….which they all do anyway.