Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: My wife's "position eleminated" today.

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,607 Times in 10,570 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jarod View Post
    Income does not result necessarly in richness. We spend a lot.
    I can't help it if you spend foolishly. I do note that you are much better off than most.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

2. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,882 Times in 21,651 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,675 Times in 5,179 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    I can't help it if you spend foolishly. I do note that you are much better off than most.
    I would not call it foolishly. Just saying I am not rich, depending on what you mean by rich.

We pay our nanny well, thats our biggest expense. Then we rent a home for $2000 a month, thats our second largest expense.

I pay down on student loans, but as little as possable because the interest rate is 3.75.

We have some cash saved for this exact situation, about $75,000, so we will be okay.

I drive an 8 year old car, and my wife drives an older minivan with 75,000 miles on it. We are not extravagant, I dont have a Rolex or drive a Porscha. We dont have a pool, or a country club membership.

18 U.S. Code § 2071 - Concealment, removal, or mutilation generally
    44 U.S.C. 2202 - The United States shall reserve and retain complete ownership, possession, and control of Presidential records; and such records shall be administered in accordance with the provisions of this chapter.

LOCK HIM UP!

3. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,882 Times in 21,651 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,675 Times in 5,179 Posts
    Blog Entries

If she does not get a job in a few weeks, we will have to fire the nanny,.

18 U.S. Code § 2071 - Concealment, removal, or mutilation generally
    44 U.S.C. 2202 - The United States shall reserve and retain complete ownership, possession, and control of Presidential records; and such records shall be administered in accordance with the provisions of this chapter.

LOCK HIM UP!

4. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

If she does not get a job in a few weeks, we will have to fire the nanny,.
    Yeah trickle down works very well in a recession.
    Bush doubled the debt from 5 trillion to 10 trillion.
    Proving tax cuts work!

Bush asked for and signed for the TARP money.
    The Republican senate leader backed Bush on this.

5. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,728 Times in 27,215 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,585 Times in 18,174 Posts
    Blog Entries

Well maybe you guys should rent a cheaper house too?

With 75,000 you can use some of that as a down on a house and buy while she stays home. I know some women hate being home but it is very rewarding to be with your own children and enjoy their youth fIrst hand for a couple of years.

6. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,294 Times in 8,007 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,132 Times in 1,059 Posts
    Blog Entries

Income does not result necessarly in richness. We spend a lot.
    Best comment yet .. and therein lies the truth of what's before you my brother.

How much of "lot" is necessary?

Money and things do not equate to happiness, peace, or even success. Only people who've never had it believe that.

It's just a new beginning, a new chapter, and a new challenge for you and your wife .. and a test of the strength between you two.

Just a thought .. perhaps creating a business may be the answer.
    Last edited by blackascoal; 02-27-2009 at 11:04 AM.
    AMERICAN HISTORY ITSELF IS A TESTAMENT TO THE STRENGTH AND RESILIENCE OF AFRICAN PEOPLE. WE, ALONG WITH THE COURGE AND SACRIFICES OF CONSCIOUS WHITE AMERICANS, LIKE VIOLA LIUZZO, EVERETT DIRKSEN, AND MANY OTHERS, HAVE FOUGHT AND DIED TOGETHER FOR OUR FREEDOM, AND FOR OUR SURVIVAL.

In America, rights are are not determined by what is just, fair, equitable, honest, nor by what Jesus would do. Rights are determined ONLY by what you can DEMAND.

7. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Now I am the sole bread winnner... damm this is stressfull.

I hope the economie turns around soon. I am finally feeling its affects. WE are going to have to do with $100,000 less until she finds a new job.
    whats the unemployment pay in your state?
    Q: Senator Obama, would you take the same pledge? No tax increases on people under $250,000?

OBAMA: I not only have pledged not to raise their taxes, I've been the first candidate in this race to specifically say I would cut their taxes.

8. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

jarod, I could empathize with your plight, but until you walk a mile in my shoes, you just sound like a whiner to me.
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

9. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by SmarterThanYou View Post
    jarod, I could empathize with your plight, but until you walk a mile in my shoes, you just sound like a whiner to me.

those pointy toed boots hurt my feet.
    Proving tax cuts work!

10. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by uscitizen View Post
    those pointy toed boots hurt my feet.
    was that just supposed to be humor, or were you trying to be facetious? I ask because i've noticed you have a very difficult time thinking outside the average perceptions of a moron.
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

11. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

was that just supposed to be humor, or were you trying to be facetious? I ask because i've noticed you have a very difficult time thinking outside the average perceptions of a moron.
    Its always hostile jackasses who think everyone should openly carry weapons.

Modern day cowboys.

There was a reason those laws changed and it involved a shit load of innocent dead people.

12. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by evince View Post
    Its always hostile jackasses who think everyone should openly carry weapons.

Modern day cowboys.

There was a reason those laws changed and it involved a shit load of innocent dead people.
    hey dumbfuckwhodoesntrememberhistory, it involved a whole bunch of newly freed black people.

13. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

hey dumbfuckwhodoesntrememberhistory, it involved a whole bunch of newly freed black people.
    HUH? I am not sure I understand, but this is rascist?
    Proving tax cuts work!

14. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by uscitizen View Post
    HUH? I am not sure I understand, but this is rascist?
    last comment about guns in this thread to avoid the hijack, yes, prohibiting open carry and moving to concealed weapons licenses was racist. Jim crow laws, reconstruction in the south, all that shit. look it up, it makes an interesting read.

15. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Sure sounds like he claiming the gun laws were created to keep blacks form having guns.