Thread: How to think about God.

1. #91 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,622 Times in 51,916 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,506 Times in 2,463 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by serenity View Post
    I am one male mutually evolving with the time I get conceived to dead with no delusions of being super human or chosen exception to naturally timed apart now.

Seem you are, why won't you accept biology limits reproductions to sharing space while timed apart now? Your time is money philosophy become worth less to institutions selling hope, faith, charity using other people's sacrificed time making idealists dreams come to fruition.
    The acceleration due to gravity = 9.8meters (32') per second per second. About 21.8MPH. 32' is about 3 stories. A flailing or floppy clothed body would fall slightly slower. Strip, shave and grease yourself up and diving would increase one's speed. Due to the variables, most experts recommend a minimum of a 10 story building as assuredly being fatal barring hitting something on the way down.

https://www.omnicalculator.com/physics/free-fall A normal fall off a 10-story building is a 2.6 second "flight" with an impact speed of over 56MPH. A naked jumper diving might be able to bring that speed up significantly.

God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

2. #92 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 10 Times in 10 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    The acceleration due to gravity = 9.8meters (32') per second per second. About 21.8MPH. 32' is about 3 stories. A flailing or floppy clothed body would fall slightly slower. Strip, shave and grease yourself up and diving would increase one's speed. Due to the variables, most experts recommend a minimum of a 10 story building as assuredly being fatal barring hitting something on the way down.

https://www.omnicalculator.com/physics/free-fall A normal fall off a 10-story building is a 2.6 second "flight" with an impact speed of over 56MPH. A naked jumper diving might be able to bring that speed up significantly.
    I believe I have been banned from threads by the OP. Nobody likes their realities debunked. thing is after having them debunked all one has left is real time.
    Every brain born has a lifetime conflict with ancestral displacement and intellectual social position within the population present. Why, life is a compounding connection between inception, conception, death, extinction life doesn't exceed what exists now.

3. #93 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I believe I have been banned from threads by the OP. Nobody likes their realities debunked. thing is after having them debunked all one has left is real time.
    What does your reality say about you being banned?

Some people don't like "their realities debunked" but most of them are nutjobs.

4. #94 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

What does your reality say about you being banned?

Some people don't like "their realities debunked" but most of them are nutjobs.
    I don't have a reality, I have the real time I am adapting in time occupying space here as me, not contextual maybe a character serving humanity's theaters of doubt real cannot be limited to biology with thermodynamics actually keeps ancestors evolving as part of the whole species never same form or people added so far.

Realities are social justifications to play type cast people in rule of law scenarios all laws are geared to punish anyone questioning possibilities aren't greater than actual results here when results going on inflict more misery, mayhem, madness than correct the corrupted power of suggestion bastardized into we the people say so power of persuasion protecting human rights to ignore biology sustains eternal separation of replacements occupying space now..
    Every brain born has a lifetime conflict with ancestral displacement and intellectual social position within the population present. Why, life is a compounding connection between inception, conception, death, extinction life doesn't exceed what exists now.

5. #95 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I don't have a reality, I have the real time I am adapting in time occupying space here as me, not contextual maybe a character serving humanity's theaters of doubt real cannot be limited to biology with thermodynamics actually keeps ancestors evolving as part of the whole species never same form or people added so far.

Realities are social justifications to play type cast people in rule of law scenarios all laws are geared to punish anyone questioning possibilities aren't greater than actual results here when results going on inflict more misery, mayhem, madness than correct the corrupted power of suggestion bastardized into we the people say so power of persuasion protecting human rights to ignore biology sustains eternal separation of replacements occupying space now..
    You don't need me to teach you about reality, just close your eyes and step off the roof of a one-story building. I can predict the result.

6. #96 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

You don't need me to teach you about reality, just close your eyes and step off the roof of a one-story building. I can predict the result.
    the irony here is I will be the one considered off topic about God discussing how biology keeps ancestors eternally separated while occupying space here, and you post crap about me jumping off roofs or beating the crap out of me in 3 rounds trying to caricaturize me as out of my brain like you mind social consensus/narratives cradle to grave.

7. #97 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,764 Times in 7,267 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,060 Times in 1,005 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BidenPresident View Post
    The first distinction is between monotheism and polytheism
    Whether there is one God or many.

The second distinction is between a personal God or impersonal God.
    A personal God has features of human consciousness. An impersonal God is a principle or activity.

Third is God as creator or God as a being.
    A creator makes the world itself. God as a being is not the cause of the universe.

For example, an atheist could deny monotheism but be a polytheist.
    For me, the ideal solution is to not think about it.
    For others, it could be different.
    Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel. Samuel Johnson, 1775
    Religion....is the opiate of the people. Karl Marx, 1848
    Freedom's just another word for nothin' left to lose. Kris Kristofferson, 1969

8. #98 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,989 Times in 11,516 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,459 Times in 2,200 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NiftyNiblick View Post
    For me, the ideal solution is to not think about it.
    For others, it could be different.
    Stupidity never solved anything. Being ignorant is like playing dead.

9. #99 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Stupidity never solved anything. Being ignorant is like playing dead.
    Fair enough.
    But dwelling on something when you're pretty sure that it's totally irrelevant doesn't sound so smart either.
    There are more immediate concerns for some of us.

10. #100 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Fair enough.
    But dwelling on something when you're pretty sure that it's totally irrelevant doesn't sound so smart either.
    There are more immediate concerns for some of us.
    Then get lost.

11. #101 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Then get lost.
    Now I remember why I had you on ignore, BP.
    You're not the most civil speaking son of a bitch, are you?
    Congratulate your parents on the good job.

12. #102 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Now I remember why I had you on ignore, BP.
    You're not the most civil speaking son of a bitch, are you?
    Congratulate your parents on the good job.
    You came on my thread to tell me you don't want to discuss the topic.

That makes you a troll. Are you really such an asshole that you cannot see this?!

13. #103 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

From now on, serenity is banned from my threads. Sick of that asshole ruining discussions.
    Does not the discuss of god bring about defining what eternal life is all about? the physical kinetics to eternal life is how living happens between ancestral positions alive as spontaneously existing in their sequence of arrival at occupying time as specifically part of the species active numbers present.
    You keep everyone on the what if trajectory instinct of how does and when others beat you at your own game of distortion you switch to what about they, them, and those people believing something different.

but here is the instinctive rub to navigating space only timed apart now, every reality agrees to believe biology cannot be the means of eternally separated now even though that is the kinetics of compounding DNA.

14. #104 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

You came on my thread to tell me you don't want to discuss the topic.

That makes you a troll. Are you really such an asshole that you cannot see this?!
    My not wanting to discuss the topic was merely explained as one possible view concerning the topic
    that would have a considerable number of adherents.

You offered choices as to how one might approach it, and to your choices, I suggested a very plausible additional one.

But the most meaningful thing to come of all of this is that you're a person who will call somebody an asshole over the internet.
    Do you believe that you'd do it in person?
    I don't for a minute.

15. #105 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

My not wanting to discuss the topic was merely explained as one possible view concerning the topic
    that would have a considerable number of adherents.

You offered choices as to how one might approach it, and to your choices, I suggested a very plausible additional one.

But the most meaningful thing to come of all of this is that you're a person who will call somebody an asshole over the internet.
    Do you believe that you'd do it in person?
    I don't for a minute.
    Fuck off you piece of garbage.

You chose to come to a subforum with "philosophy" in its title.
    You told me you are not interesting in thinking about things.

So, don't come to a philosophy forum.