Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Conservatives: you are losing the GOP

1. #46 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,981 Times in 3,024 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 841 Times in 781 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BartenderElite View Post
    We need a strong 2-party system in America. We should have even more than that - but we need at least 2.

I'm sure the GOP will win the mid-terms. But the party itself is going down the rabbit hole, rapidly. Trump is still very involved w/ party leadership and plays a significant role in determining the candidates we'll see for the House and Senate. "The Big Lie" has become the main qualifier for any prospective candidate, and even for incumbents to keep their positions.

And we're seeing quite a few reasonable Republicans decide it's no longer for them. These aren't "moderates" or "Rinos" - many are real conservatives, who don't want any part of conspiracies and lies, and just want to get back to good governance and conservative principles. They're being replaced by people on the fringes (trying to be polite here). These are not people who are interested in the country succeeding as it is currently structured.

And we're headed toward the equivalent of fight club in Congress, every day. Grandstanding and trying to get headlines instead of working for the people.

When Liz Cheney can't fist bump the President of the United States without talk radio and twitter erupting in fury, we're in trouble. The GOP needs to find itself again.
    If a party is strong enough to rout the other in the mid terms how is it not a strong party?
    is on twitter @realtsuke

https://tsukesthoughts.wordpress.com/

2. The Following User Says Thank You to tsuke For This Post:

PoliTalker (09-23-2021)

3. #47 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,073 Times in 6,783 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,829 Times in 1,694 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tsuke View Post
    If a party is strong enough to rout the other in the mid terms how is it not a strong party?
    Where did I say "rout"?

4. #48 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,360 Times in 14,088 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Conservatives seem to think I started this thread as some sort of debate thing.

Everything I stated is fact. You can acknowledge what's going on and try to save the party, or just settle into the rabbit hole.
    What if you wrote this same type of thread about the Democrats? While there was unity among Democrats to get rid of Trump clearly there are divisions among party members. Understandably, it's always easier (and more fun) to talk about the troubles and challenges of the other party.

I could start a similar thread and talk about Democrats of the past and how they wouldn't fit into the party today etc. etc. Everything I say could be 100% true but do you think a bunch of Democrats are going to want to agree with a Republican about an assessment of their party? Most likely not.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to cawacko For This Post:

anonymoose (09-23-2021)

6. #49 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,073 Times in 6,783 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,829 Times in 1,694 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    What if you wrote this same type of thread about the Democrats? While there was unity among Democrats to get rid of Trump clearly there are divisions among party members. Understandably, it's always easier (and more fun) to talk about the troubles and challenges of the other party.

I could start a similar thread and talk about Democrats of the past and how they wouldn't fit into the party today etc. etc. Everything I say could be 100% true but do you think a bunch of Democrats are going to want to agree with a Republican about an assessment of their party? Most likely not.
    Democrats definitely have their own problems.

But there problem isn't a reality problem. The Democrats have an issue right now w/ their progressive wing, which has grown more powerful.

It's something they have to figure out. But Republicans have gone off the rails. There is a difference.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to BartenderElite For This Post:

PoliTalker (09-23-2021)

8. #50 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello BartenderElite,

Democrats definitely have their own problems.

But there problem isn't a reality problem. The Democrats have an issue right now w/ their progressive wing, which has grown more powerful.

It's something they have to figure out. But Republicans have gone off the rails. There is a difference.
    Well the difference is that the extreme part of the Democratic Party has vision they don't want to compromise on.

The extreme part of the Republican party has hatred they don't want to compromise on.
    Last edited by PoliTalker; 09-24-2021 at 01:47 PM.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

evince (09-23-2021)

10. #51 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post

Good points.

The democrats started fracturing during the Obama years when the radical left started feeling their oats. In fact, the left wing of the democrat party was well to the left of Hillary by 2016 and it would have been interesting to see if she could have United the party had she won. Thankfully, we’ll never know the answer to that but it’s doubtful she could have.

The leftward lurch started under Obama and it was like the election of President Donald J. Trump in 2016 threw gasoline on the fire. Prior to that, the left advocated for things like gay marriage [how sanely benign does that seem now?] now they want to defund the cops, teach gender madness, tear down monuments, cancel speech they don’t agree with and spend tax payer money in ways that would have made any democrats of twenty years ago look like fiscal conservatives.

The democrats split is different than the republican split if for no other reason than there are no ‘radical Republicans’: we have MAGA Republicans and some leftover country club Republicans like Romney. Also, MAGA won our civil war while the left’s is ongoing. There’s nothing ‘radical’ about putting this country’s interest ahead of global interests and/or doing everything possible to get manufacturing jobs back here from China or Mexico. Ronald Reagan might disagree with some of our methods or finer points but no way would he think it was ‘radical’.

It’s just the opposite of radical.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

11. #52 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,822 Times in 1,527 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 73 Times in 73 Posts

We need a strong 2-party system in America. We should have even more than that - but we need at least 2.

I'm sure the GOP will win the mid-terms. But the party itself is going down the rabbit hole, rapidly. Trump is still very involved w/ party leadership and plays a significant role in determining the candidates we'll see for the House and Senate. "The Big Lie" has become the main qualifier for any prospective candidate, and even for incumbents to keep their positions.

And we're seeing quite a few reasonable Republicans decide it's no longer for them. These aren't "moderates" or "Rinos" - many are real conservatives, who don't want any part of conspiracies and lies, and just want to get back to good governance and conservative principles. They're being replaced by people on the fringes (trying to be polite here). These are not people who are interested in the country succeeding as it is currently structured.

And we're headed toward the equivalent of fight club in Congress, every day. Grandstanding and trying to get headlines instead of working for the people.

When Liz Cheney can't fist bump the President of the United States without talk radio and twitter erupting in fury, we're in trouble. The GOP needs to find itself again.
    really wait til the next election and say that

12. #53 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,094 Times in 25,664 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,614 Times in 2,498 Posts

I agree with most of this except "I'm sure the GOP will win the mid-terms." A lot can happen between now and then so I'll say it's a maybe.

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
    ― Charles Dickens

13. #54 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post

The leftward lurch started under Obama and it was like the election of President Donald J. Trump in 2016 threw gasoline on the fire.
    Prior to that, the left advocated for things like gay marriage [how sanely benign does that seem now?] now they want to defund the cops, teach gender madness, tear down monuments, cancel speech they don’t agree with and spend tax payer money in ways that would have made any democrats of twenty years ago look like fiscal conservatives.
    dems also want to teach critical race theory, and open the borders to anyone that can walk in

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    The democrats split is different than the republican split if for no other reason than there are no ‘radical Republicans’: we have MAGA Republicans and some leftover country club Republicans like Romney. Also, MAGA won our civil war while the left’s is ongoing. There’s nothing ‘radical’ about putting this country’s interest ahead of global interests and/or doing everything possible to get manufacturing jobs back here from China or Mexico.
    Biden never ever talks about being competitive in the world ( except for "China is not threat just a competitor")
    Dems want to raise corp taxes to levels higher then China -how does that bring investment into the USA?
    it doesn't

14. The Following User Says Thank You to dukkha For This Post:

Darth Omar (09-24-2021)

15. #55 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,503 Times in 27,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,565 Times in 18,156 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    They aren’t losing the party, it has already been lost, the Republican Party today is Trump. It has no ideals, no principles, no doctrine, no ideology or policies, it is just Trump, what Trump says and does is the GOP.
    Funny thing is

Trump recently told his rally audience to get vaxed

They booed trump

They only love racism

And being anti vax is now proof you are all the way down on racism

Willing to risk your life for it

Cult thinking

16. The Following User Says Thank You to evince For This Post:

PoliTalker (09-24-2021)

17. #56 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,410 Times in 10,039 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dukkha View Post
    It IS Trump's party in the fact that economic nationalism
    Trump and Conservatism's "economic nationalism" ended the longest economic expansion in America's history.

It's official: Recession began in February, ending longest U.S. expansion ever
    https://www.cbsnews.com/news/united-...rted-february/
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist

18. #57 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,410 Times in 10,039 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

The Democrats have an issue right now w/ their progressive wing, which has grown more powerful.
    No.

The Democrats have an issue right now with their smaller, moderate wing that is trying to tank President Biden's domestic agenda.

The CPC is fighting FOR Biden's BBB plan and Infrastructure plan...it's the moderates who are trying to tank both.
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist

19. #58 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,989 Times in 11,516 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,459 Times in 2,200 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    No.

The Democrats have an issue right now with their smaller, moderate wing that is trying to tank President Biden's domestic agenda.

The CPC is fighting FOR Biden's BBB plan and Infrastructure plan...it's the moderates who are trying to tank both.

Correct. Conservatives like Manchin are subverting President Biden's agenda. What he was elected for.

20. #59 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bulletbob View Post
    really wait til the next election and say that
    You can’t win without cheating

And we will stop your cheating

21. #60 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    No.

Who in your mind are the moderates?

It’s the far right Dems who take cash from corporations that are tanking it