Thread: Conservatives: you are losing the GOP

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,477 Times in 22,782 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,245 Times in 2,985 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    Conservative principles are based in racism and bigotry...
    LIE, LAME and moronic.

Conservatism is not redeemable.
    That would be Democrats dumbass.

"Conservatism stands athwart history, yelling STOP!" was what William F. Buckley, the Godfather of the Conservative movement, wrote less than 6 months after Brown v. Board of Education.
    LIE, LAME and moronic.

And then you had his protege, Lee Atwater, say this shit in 1981:
    How can anyone conclude Conservatism isn't racist, bigoted fascism?
    LIE, LAME and moronic.
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

A lie doesn't become the truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it is accepted by a majority.
    Author: Booker T. Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Unless you just can't stand the idea of "ni**ers" teaching white kids.

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    Address the topic, not other posters.

2. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,477 Times in 22,782 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,245 Times in 2,985 Posts
    Blog Entries

Eisenhower was no Conservative.

Eisenhower was as antifa as one could get...no American killed more Nazis than Ike, and he expanded social services and desegregated the military.

Try finding a Conservative who supports either of those things today.

"When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

A lie doesn't become the truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it is accepted by a majority.
    Author: Booker T. Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Unless you just can't stand the idea of "ni**ers" teaching white kids.

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    Address the topic, not other posters.

3. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,948 Times in 1,418 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 111 Times in 104 Posts

I would say the democrats are in the rabbit hole as they can't even hold together for an infrastructure bill

4. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,185 Times in 13,935 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,051 Times in 2,846 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dukkha View Post
    It IS Trump's party in the fact that economic nationalism ( America first) and secure borders
    are a commonality.
    But warpigs like Liz Cheney and david Frum, and George Will are all yours
    Economic nationalism and secure borders are talking points that have been around long before Trump, and will continue long after Trump, all he did was demagogue the terms to serve his purpose

5. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,095 Times in 12,622 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,439 Times in 1,383 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    There is a Christopher Hitchens quote that I saw on a Youtube which I sadly cant remember exactly anymore, and it would be a chore to find, that goes something like:

"At the very least measure up enough to resist tyranny".
    I choose my own words like the Americans of olden times........before this dystopia arrived.

DARK AGES SUCK!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Hawkeye10 For This Post:

Truth Detector (09-24-2021)

7. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    There is a Christopher Hitchens quote that I saw on a Youtube which I sadly cant remember exactly anymore, and it would be a chore to find, that goes something like:

"At the very least measure up enough to resist tyranny".
    Just another bullshit talking point, "tyranny," "freedom,' "Constitution," all abstract thoughts the right has reduced to bumper sticker clichés, and the lemmings swallow them whole without the least understanding what they mean

8. The Following User Says Thank You to archives For This Post:

christiefan915 (09-23-2021)

9. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,095 Times in 12,622 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,439 Times in 1,383 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    Just another bullshit talking point, "tyranny," "freedom,' "Constitution," all abstract thoughts the right has reduced to bumper sticker clichés, and the lemmings swallow them whole without the least understanding what they mean
    You are here either an idiot or a liar.
    I choose my own words like the Americans of olden times........before this dystopia arrived.

DARK AGES SUCK!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Hawkeye10 For This Post:

11. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello BartenderElite,

Quote Originally Posted by BartenderElite View Post
    We need a strong 2-party system in America. We should have even more than that - but we need at least 2.

I'm sure the GOP will win the mid-terms. But the party itself is going down the rabbit hole, rapidly. Trump is still very involved w/ party leadership and plays a significant role in determining the candidates we'll see for the House and Senate. "The Big Lie" has become the main qualifier for any prospective candidate, and even for incumbents to keep their positions.

And we're seeing quite a few reasonable Republicans decide it's no longer for them. These aren't "moderates" or "Rinos" - many are real conservatives, who don't want any part of conspiracies and lies, and just want to get back to good governance and conservative principles. They're being replaced by people on the fringes (trying to be polite here). These are not people who are interested in the country succeeding as it is currently structured.

And we're headed toward the equivalent of fight club in Congress, every day. Grandstanding and trying to get headlines instead of working for the people.

When Liz Cheney can't fist bump the President of the United States without talk radio and twitter erupting in fury, we're in trouble. The GOP needs to find itself again.
    It's remarkable that the GOP is both campaigning on and driving the loss of respect for government.

We've got a great country with a good government. Democrats are positively trying to improve it. Republicans are negatively obsessed with dwelling on everything they see wrong with it, and blocking progress.

The main driver of Republican voting is disgust.

It's not hard to see why good people are walking away from that.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

BartenderElite (09-23-2021)

13. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    You are here either an idiot or a liar.
    Nah, just informed, you need proof, quickly, in your own words, and without borrowing from an Internet dictionary, define freedom. Tell us what freedom is, don't give us examples, but explain the concept

14. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello cawacko,

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    To me this is one of those "it sounds good in theory" when you say we should have a strong two party system but it's not what you really want. I look at California where we had Arnold and Meg Whitman run for Governor. They weren't Trump Republicans. Yet they were called the same racist/deplorable and every other negative label you would someone who was more in line with Trump. Now part of that is the regular election partisanship we all engage in. Nonetheless they were viewed no differently. So I don't buy this idea that Democrats want more like them.

You'll just end up with what we have in many places in California. Everyone's a Democrat just some are labeled "moderate" and others progressive.
    That sounds like an improvement.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

15. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,967 Times in 32,282 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

why do demmycunts think Republicans will take advice from them?......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

16. The Following User Says Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

17. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    Economic nationalism and secure borders are talking points that have been around long before Trump, and will continue long after Trump, all he did was demagogue the terms to serve his purpose
    no they arent "talking points" its real world like REMAIN in Mexico and building a wall.
    It's confronting Chinese malign trade - the bilateral was working -but COVID ended it

What is Biden doing? open borders and basing his foreign policy on Human Rights
    instead of realpolitik

Biden (the globalist) looks to Europe to partner to stop Chinese hegemony -
    the EU just laughs at him and doe their own deals. Biden does everything BUT put the USA needs first.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to dukkha For This Post:

19. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by dukkha View Post
    no they arent "talking points" its real world like REMAIN in Mexico and building a wall.
    It's confronting Chinese malign trade - the bilateral was working -but COVID ended it

What is Biden doing? open borders and basing his foreign policy on Human Rights
    instead of realpolitik

Biden (the globalist) looks to Europe to partner to stop Chinese hegemony -
    the EU just laughs at him and doe their own deals. Biden does everything BUT put the USA needs first.
    Sure they are, how much of that wall was actually built? Not repaired, but actual new construction? And who paid for it as opposed to who was suppose to pay for it? Talking points, in fact, Trump had zero interest in the border until Bannon told him it was an issue he could manipulate

And Biden is confronting China in realistic means, quietly, meaning not running to Fox, did you think the submarine deal that pissed off France was because they could get a better deal? Trump talked the game, got his tough guy image all over Fox, but in reality, did little substantially, did you think the trade embargos really punished China, Americans paid for them. China just went about their business securing individual trade agreements worldwide while extending their influence across the Globe

20. The Following User Says Thank You to archives For This Post:

christiefan915 (09-23-2021)

21. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,227 Times in 6,865 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,850 Times in 1,713 Posts

Conservatives seem to think I started this thread as some sort of debate thing.

Everything I stated is fact. You can acknowledge what's going on and try to save the party, or just settle into the rabbit hole.

22. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,227 Times in 6,865 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,850 Times in 1,713 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    To me this is one of those "it sounds good in theory" when you say we should have a strong two party system but it's not what you really want. I look at California where we had Arnold and Meg Whitman run for Governor. They weren't Trump Republicans. Yet they were called the same racist/deplorable and every other negative label you would someone who was more in line with Trump. Now part of that is the regular election partisanship we all engage in. Nonetheless they were viewed no differently. So I don't buy this idea that Democrats want more like them.

You'll just end up with what we have in many places in California. Everyone's a Democrat just some are labeled "moderate" and others progressive.
    Not me. I want a strong 2-party system.