Thread: Fox Lies About Haitians Not Being Whipped

1. #121 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,137 Times in 33,847 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,083 Times in 4,699 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RB 60 View Post
    When I was a kid, my parents used a leather strap instead of a paddle on my ass when I "got out of line." Usually my mother would chase me, miss and get me on the back of the legs, that hurt and left marks, but when my father hit me, he didn't miss and I went flying across the floor and had a sore ass for days. Do you think it was improper? Would you say my parents mistreated me? Child abuse?
    At the time, I wasn't too thrilled, but as an adult, I guess it was for the better because I didn't do the stupid shit kids do today (rob stores, vandalize for "kicks" or shoot other kids). I wound up responsible, respectful and self supporting.
    My dad spanked us. My mother never did. I spanked my son twice in his life, I felt terrible after I did, but he hid from me the one time in a store and I was running around the store going crazy, I found him laughing at me and lost it. It was just one little pop on the bottom. My daughters never spank their kids. I think good kids can be raised without corporal punishment. I think it’s use should be limited. My son’s daughter was spanked for everything. She marvels at how we use “time out” and talk to the kids. She says she wished her mom had been less heavy handed.

2. #122 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,490 Times in 7,581 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 274 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    I don’t believe any human should be hit with a whip. Chasing them down is one thing, but whipping them is not necessary.
    Caning works better. Ever been to Malaysia? Clean, crime free.
    Oh, I forgot. You people like shitholes. Never mind.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to anonymoose For This Post:

Wolverine (09-24-2021)

4. #123 | Top
    Living in rural America, "clinging to guns and religion"
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,607 Times in 17,048 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 522 Times in 502 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    My dad spanked us. My mother never did. I spanked my son twice in his life, I felt terrible after I did, but he hid from me the one time in a store and I was running around the store going crazy, I found him laughing at me and lost it. It was just one little pop on the bottom. My daughters never spank their kids. I think good kids can be raised without corporal punishment. I think it’s use should be limited. My son’s daughter was spanked for everything. She marvels at how we use “time out” and talk to the kids. She says she wished her mom had been less heavy handed.
    I'm sure some kids can be raised without corporal punishment and a good talking to does it. But some kids (you hear them scream in restaurants, knock shit off the shelves in grocery stores, run across your toes in front of you, well you know, just might need a little more "encouragement."
    But yeah, what kid wouldn't say he/she was spanked too many times?
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to RB 60 For This Post:

Earl (09-24-2021)

6. #124 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,007 Times in 2,639 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 404 Times in 391 Posts

if your kid can speak and understand English, if you hit him you are just a bully, not a real parent. what lesson are you really teaching? I am bigger than you, you pissed me off, now I am going to kick your ass (figuratively). instead of making sure the kid knows what he did was wrong, and that you are going to punish him to try and make sure he remembers it. grounding, extra chores, stuff like that. a good way is to ask him what kind of punishment does he think he deserves for what he did.....when they are little kids, this will be a much more effective way to teach than just swatting their ass without much explanation or dialogue.

7. #125 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,663 Times in 17,923 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,248 Times in 3,052 Posts
    Blog Entries

https://www.news4jax.com/news/local/...ting-migrants/

Trust Index: Border Patrol agents on horseback did not use whips when confronting migrants
    News4Jax is running a viral social media claim through the Trust Index about U.S. Customs and Border Protection agents allegedly whipping Haitian migrants along the Rio Grande as they tried to get into the United States. It was found that this was not true, what is seen as whips are actually the long reigns the agents use to control their horses.
    Trust Index: Border Patrol did not use whips when confronting migrants
    News4Jax is running a viral social media claim through the Trust Index about U.S. Customs and Border Protection agents allegedly whipping Haitian migrants along the Rio Grande as they tried to get into the United States. It was found that this was not true, what is seen as whips are actually the long reigns the agents use to control their horses.

News4Jax is running a viral social media claim through the Trust Index about U.S. Customs and Border Protection agents allegedly whipping Haitian migrants along the Rio Grande as they tried to get into the United States. The dramatic scene has drawn widespread condemnation from the White House, politicians and the public.

The U.S. Department of Homeland Security is pledging to swiftly conduct an investigation into what happened, calling this incident along the Rio Grande “extremely troubling.”

But are horseback mounted CBP agents really using whips to corral a large group of migrants? The News4Jax Trust Index team is giving this claim a rating of ***NOT TRUE***
    Last edited by Earl; 09-24-2021 at 10:37 AM.

8. The Following User Groans At Earl For This Awful Post:

AProudLefty (09-24-2021)

9. #126 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,663 Times in 17,923 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,248 Times in 3,052 Posts
    Blog Entries

It was a LIE!

10. The Following User Groans At Earl For This Awful Post:

AProudLefty (09-24-2021)

11. #127 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,647 Times in 16,577 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,435 Times in 1,357 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Earl View Post
    It was a LIE!
    Worse than a lie....just ignorant comments...I don't think Kamala, Maxine, or Al, etc. ride...lol...

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TOP For This Post:

Earl (09-24-2021), Wolverine (09-24-2021)

13. #128 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,386 Times in 3,225 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 189 Times in 178 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Daddy View Post
    if your kid can speak and understand English, if you hit him you are just a bully, not a real parent. what lesson are you really teaching? I am bigger than you, you pissed me off, now I am going to kick your ass (figuratively). instead of making sure the kid knows what he did was wrong, and that you are going to punish him to try and make sure he remembers it. grounding, extra chores, stuff like that. a good way is to ask him what kind of punishment does he think he deserves for what he did.....when they are little kids, this will be a much more effective way to teach than just swatting their ass without much explanation or dialogue.
    If you have kids, they will little bitches like you, if that is how you try to manipulate them you coward! By the way liar no one was whipped!

14. #129 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,784 Times in 17,103 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,343 Times in 2,262 Posts
    Blog Entries

Seems that nobody answered my question. What was in that cowboy's hand that he spun around?

15. #130 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,821 Times in 17,257 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,596 Times in 4,274 Posts

The entire act was brutalizing the people. They showed horses knocking people down and reins used as whips.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Nordberg For This Post:

christiefan915 (09-24-2021)

17. #131 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    Seems that nobody answered my question. What was in that cowboy's hand that he spun around?
    Idiot!

Split reigns
    Image result for split reins definition
    Split reins: a rein style seen in western riding where the reins are not attached to one another at the ends. They prevent a horse from tangling its feet in a looped rein, particularly when the rider is dismounted. They are considerably longer than closed reins.

18. #132 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    The entire act was brutalizing the people. They showed horses knocking people down and reins used as whips.
    Lying sack, the photographer who took the picture said no one was whipped! Is this the DNC talking points to take heat of JOE

19. #133 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine View Post
    Idiot!

Split reigns
    Image result for split reins definition
    Split reins: a rein style seen in western riding where the reins are not attached to one another at the ends. They prevent a horse from tangling its feet in a looped rein, particularly when the rider is dismounted. They are considerably longer than closed reins.
    Thank you. So he was using it as a whip. Why else would he be spinning it around?

20. The Following User Says Thank You to AProudLefty For This Post:

christiefan915 (09-24-2021)

21. #134 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    Thank you. So he was using it as a whip. Why else would he be spinning it around?
    The Photographer who took the photo said no one was whipped, he was there you weren't fool! You are embarrassing yourself, I work with a lady who voted for Biden, and she said it's a joke that they thought he was whipping them!

22. #135 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine View Post
    The Photographer who took the photo said no one was whipped, he was there you weren't fool! You are embarrassing yourself, I work with a lady who voted for Biden, and she said it's a joke that they thought he was whipping them!
    So why did he spin it? Explain.