Thread: Florida Prevents Schools From Quarantining Exposed Students

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default Florida Prevents Schools From Quarantining Exposed Students

Florida Prevents Schools From Requiring Quarantining Of COVID Exposed Students

Let's see how much COVID we can spread around! Don't wish to protect others? Not to worry. You are free to be your own super-spreader. Or have your kids do it to other kids...

"The new guidelines signed by Dr. Joseph Ladapo also tweaked the state’s prohibition against school mask mandates, prompting an administrative law judge to dismiss a lawsuit against the old rule that had been filed by various school boards.

In terms of quarantine rules, Ladapo eliminated previous mandates requiring students to quarantine for at least four days off campus if they’ve been exposed. Under the new guidelines, students who have been exposed can continue going to campus, “without restrictions or disparate treatment,” provided they are asymptomatic. They can also quarantine, but no longer than seven days, provided they do not get sick.

“Quarantining healthy students is incredibly damaging for their educational advancement,” Republican Gov. Ron DeSantis said Wednesday at a news conference in Kissimmee. “It’s also disruptive for families. We are going to be following a symptoms-based approach.”

The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention says people who get infected can spread the virus starting from two days before they have any symptoms. "

"Alachua County Public Schools Superintendent Dr. Carlee Simon called the Department of Health rule changes “disingenuous.”

“Essentially, the State is responding to the legal challenges of its rules by repealing them and creating new ones, with limited public notice,” Simon said in a statement."
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (09-22-2021)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,917 Times in 1,477 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 77 Times in 75 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Florida Prevents Schools From Requiring Quarantining Of COVID Exposed Students
    GOOD JOB FLORIDA

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Grumpy For This Post:

Stretch (09-22-2021)

5. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,579 Times in 15,814 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,951 Times in 1,862 Posts

“Quarantining healthy students is incredibly damaging for their educational advancement,” Republican Gov. Ron DeSantis said Wednesday at a news conference in Kissimmee. “It’s also disruptive for families. We are going to be following a symptoms-based approach

6. The Following User Says Thank You to anatta For This Post:

Stretch (09-22-2021)

7. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,340 Times in 8,498 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,701 Times in 2,506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by anatta View Post
    “Quarantining healthy students is incredibly damaging for their educational advancement,” Republican Gov. Ron DeSantis said Wednesday at a news conference in Kissimmee. “It’s also disruptive for families. We are going to be following a symptoms-based approach
    Much of the spreading in asymptomatic, so going with a symptomatic approach will do little. Imagine going with a symptomatic approach to AIDS. It is that level of stupidity.

With many diseases, a symptomatic approach would be at least somewhat effective. Humans are good at a symptomatic approach. The problem is the outbreaks of diseases are evolving around symptomatic approaches.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Walt For This Post:

AProudLefty (09-23-2021), Guno צְבִי (09-23-2021), PoliTalker (09-23-2021)

9. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Walt,

Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    Much of the spreading in asymptomatic, so going with a symptomatic approach will do little. Imagine going with a symptomatic approach to AIDS. It is that level of stupidity.

With many diseases, a symptomatic approach would be at least somewhat effective. Humans are good at a symptomatic approach. The problem is the outbreaks of diseases are evolving around symptomatic approaches.
    Precisely.

The thinking process of allowing exposed individuals to spend hours daily in close proximity with unsuspecting others is only somewhat effective, and thus not enough.

Transmission is still occurring. The virus takes full advantage of every opportunity we allow it.

We already have a 'somewhat effective' effort to combat the pandemic.

That is why our results have only been somewhat successful.

We need to do everything possible to beat this thing.

Anything less than our very best and most complete effort only extends the pandemic, allows it more time to develop variants.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

AProudLefty (09-23-2021), Guno צְבִי (09-23-2021), Walt (09-23-2021)

11. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Anything less than our very best and most complete effort only extends the pandemic, allows it more time to develop variants.
    And that is the craziness of the Republican push to spread the disease.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Walt For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (09-23-2021)

13. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,948 Times in 1,418 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 111 Times in 104 Posts

Walt again is lying making false assumptions and creating more lies and spreading disinformation, people like him have blood on their hands if anyone is stupid enough to notice his craziness and dishonesty

14. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by MAGA View Post
    Walt again is lying making false assumptions and creating more lies and spreading disinformation, people like him have blood on their hands if anyone is stupid enough to notice his craziness and dishonesty
    Tell me Maga, would you accept a blood transfusion from an asymptomatic person who tested positive for HIV? If asymptomatic people are perfectly safe, why not?

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Walt For This Post:

AProudLefty (09-23-2021), Guno צְבִי (09-23-2021)

16. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,422 Times in 10,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

“Quarantining healthy students is incredibly damaging for their educational advancement,”
    Bullshit.

If the kid is asymptomatic, they need to be quarantined for two weeks.

This is why Florida is a COVID disaster right now...the advice you are giving is getting people killed.

Because of you and your rotten personality, 60,000 people have died in FL from COVID, 30,000 more will die over the next 14 months, and every single one of those deaths were preventable if not for you.
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist

17. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,422 Times in 10,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MAGA View Post
    At this point, you have successfully convinced enough Conservatives to skip the vaccine...you're not convincing anyone else.

So between now and November 2022, the only people who are going to die from COVID will be the dumb fucking morons who listened to you.
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist

18. The Following User Says Thank You to LV426 For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (09-23-2021)

19. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Walt,

Republicans have a penchant for getting people to support them to their own detriment.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Walt (09-23-2021)

21. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,405 Times in 9,440 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,894 Times in 1,783 Posts
    Blog Entries

So you think Dr. DeSantis is the authority on this? LOL. Why bother to quote a serial killer when you want to prove your point. Find an authority and get back to me.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Concart For This Post:

AProudLefty (09-23-2021)

23. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,634 Times in 10,060 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,101 Times in 1,013 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Concart View Post
    So you think Dr. DeSantis is the authority on this? LOL. Why bother to quote a serial killer when you want to prove your point. Find an authority and get back to me.
    Sweden’s Results Suggest We Should Stop Quarantining Healthy Children
    There is ample evidence and real-life examples that show the costs of quarantining healthy children far outweigh the benefits.

https://fee.org/articles/sweden-s-re...lthy-children/

Wipe the cum off your nose, u stupid fucking POS

24. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,165 Times in 33,863 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,086 Times in 4,702 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Concart View Post
    Alaska let’s asymptomatic children come to school, as a result, received a text today, my friends and the child’s two month old brother have CoVID. Thankfully, mommy is breastfeeding and vaccinated, they are both sick at home, but not hospitalized, yet. It’s very dangerous to let asymptomatic children go to school. They told my friend it was alright for her child to return to school, but she refused, saying she will be keeping her home till she and all in the house are well.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

PoliTalker (09-23-2021)

26. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Phantasmal,

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    Alaska let’s asymptomatic children come to school, as a result, received a text today, my friends and the child’s two month old brother have CoVID. Thankfully, mommy is breastfeeding and vaccinated, they are both sick at home, but not hospitalized, yet. It’s very dangerous to let asymptomatic children go to school. They told my friend it was alright for her child to return to school, but she refused, saying she will be keeping her home till she and all in the house are well.
    Oh that is so awful.

Let us hope there is a prompt and full recovery.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Phantasmal (09-23-2021)