Thread: Covid Follies #5: Sez who?

1. #331 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,531 Times in 10,535 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Concart View Post
    Read your question again. You asked why she was unvaccinated and I said ‘she wasn’t. That would make her vaccinated. As was I. Her Uncle, a militant Trump toady lied about being vaccinated to attend a family party. He infected around ten of his family including both of us. We are sick and tired of the lies, the false information and the attitude. It impacts us every single day and to suggest otherwise is completely ignorant. We are over it. No more.
    Ah, I read "she wasn't" as she wasn't vaccinated.

I think anecdotally your anger is understandable, but in reality the vaccine generally makes you safe. There are outliers, and clearly your wife's circumstance was clearly among them. This is a bit like being angry that the emergency room of a hospital was full with those crazy people who took an Amtrax to Seattle if you happened to need it when they were filling up local emergency rooms.

The reason to get vaccinated is to make sure that if you do get ill the likelihood you will get sick enough to need a hospital will be rare, it doesn't take away every risk in life any more than wearing a seatbelt takes risk from driving, it just makes it more likely you'll survive if the worst happens.

Currently death rates and hospitalizations are going down, even in red state Florida... I remain unaffected and unafraid.

While I get your anger, because it happened to you personally, I cannot get that level of anger up for such an unlikely and rare event. I simply believe that risk is something we evaluate and act accordingly and that we are overreacting, especially those who are vaccinated, with unprecedented and largely unnecessary fear.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Damocles For This Post:

Life is Golden (09-27-2021)

3. #332 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,959 Times in 6,246 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 483 Times in 453 Posts

After killing about 15,000 more people. You must be so proud of your death cult.
    And you are obviously very unhappy Covid is on the way out in Florida.

4. #333 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,405 Times in 9,440 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,894 Times in 1,783 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Life is Golden View Post
    But vaccinated people are catching, carrying and spreading it -- just like everyone else. Those are facts.
    At 1/5th the number of unvaccinated. And we don’t die. Which I guess is a negative for you since you seem to want more dead.

5. #334 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,406 Times in 10,036 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

Not in Florida. Covid is gettin' gone from here.
    You've been saying that for ten months.
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist

6. #335 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Extremely happy. It will be right back in two months because of stupid fucks like you.

7. #336 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

After killing about 15,000 more people. You must be so proud of your death cult.
    And because they've done nothing, they're going to get hit with at least another wave this winter.

8. #337 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

But vaccinated people are catching, carrying and spreading it -- just like everyone else.
    Nope. Wrong.

They are not catching and spreading it at the same rates as unvaccinated dipshits are.

And only the unvaccinated dipshits are going to die from it.

Good riddance.

9. #338 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I've heard COVID is on the way out in Florida for the last 10 months.

It's not going anywhere, and it's going to re-infect Florida this winter.

You will get hit with another wave.

10. #339 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Extremely happy. It will be right back in two months because of stupid fucks like you.
    And it'll be worse because it'll be during the winter, when people are congregating indoors with their families.

January 2022 is going to look like January 2021 for COVID deaths.

11. #340 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post

I think anecdotally your anger is understandable, but in reality the vaccine generally makes you safe. There are outliers, and clearly your wife's circumstance was clearly among them. This is a bit like being angry that the emergency room of a hospital was full with those crazy people who took an Amtrax to Seattle if you happened to need it when they were filling up local emergency rooms.

The reason to get vaccinated is to make sure that if you do get ill the likelihood you will get sick enough to need a hospital will be rare, it doesn't take away every risk in life any more than wearing a seatbelt takes risk from driving, it just makes it more likely you'll survive if the worst happens.

Currently death rates and hospitalizations are going down, even in red state Florida... I remain unaffected and unafraid.

While I get your anger, because it happened to you personally, I cannot get that level of anger up for such an unlikely and rare event. I simply believe that risk is something we evaluate and act accordingly and that we are overreacting, especially those who are vaccinated, with unprecedented and largely unnecessary fear.
    No. Completely wrong. For your analogy to be correct, the passengers would have had to intentionally derail the train.

I want to go back to your statement that there is no skin off my nose. I think we've obliterated that argument. How about you? Here's the reality. I was, at the time, five times less likely to get the Delta variant than an unvaxxed person. I didn't realize that at the the time, I thought the efficacy was higher, but nonetheless, that is an accurate number. The problem with having so many unvaxxed in a state where no one gives a fuck and the Governor is actively helping the virus spread, there were, throughout the months of July and August, TWENTY TIMES more cases in Florida than in states with high vaccination rates. That meant that I was actually four times MORE likely to get Covid in Florida than an unvaxxed person in a state with high rates. That is selfish, stupid behavior, and it has led to horrific impacts. And why? Politics and ignorance. You are damn right I'm angry, and every single time I see a post from these idiotic anti-vaxxers it makes me angrier (and more likely to vote DeSantis's murderous, treasonous ass out of office). If you think I'm alone, prepare to find out when the midterms come along. Lots of talk about visceral anger on the right. You ain't seen nothing yet. If you think mine was a 'rare event', then you aren't paying attention. It happened thousands of times every day in Florida for two straight months. My story is far more common than you think. And as a result, we both had a miserable two weeks, a huge medical bill, my son had to miss work for two weeks, we infected two friends in Tampa, and who knows what else. No skin? That kind of statement REALLY pisses me off. And I am not wrong.

12. #341 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,929 Times in 11,516 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,361 Times in 1,347 Posts
    Blog Entries

Stupid. Of course the vaccine is doing the job. Vaccinated people aren’t dying. You are an utter fucking moron and your statement about asymptotic carriers is a fucking lie and you know it. You are a sellout to Russia and a treasonous scumbag.
    No one is dying from covid19. This virus does not kill.
    Paradox V.
    "The atmosphere is among the factors that determines the Earth's atmosphere." --ZenMode
    "Donald has failed in almost every endeavor he has attempted. " --floridafan
    "Abortion is not a moral issue. " --BidenPresident
    "Propaganda can also be factual." --Flash
    "Even after being vaccinated, you shed virus particles." --Jerome
    "no slavery is forcing another into labor" -archives
    "Evs are much safer from fires" -- Nordberg
    "Abortion has killed no one." -- LurchAddams

13. #342 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Going to a movie theater? That's the perfect place to catch Covid. What kind of dogs do you have?
    Why would it be? Movie theaters are pretty empty these days.
    "The atmosphere is among the factors that determines the Earth's atmosphere." --ZenMode

14. #343 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Making up numbers isn't going to cut it, dude. Covid19 does not kill.

15. #344 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Stick to trolling. Because what you just said is galactically stupid and wrong.
    So you are saying don't bother to get vaccinated. Gotit.

16. #345 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post

The real question is mandatory vaccinations for covid19.

I've noticed that in every thread about mandatory vaccinations for covid19, it tends to dissolve into justifying the vaccination, not discussing the mandatory aspect of it anymore (along with the usual insults).