Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Mayer castigates liberals for Covid cluelessness

1. #61 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,948 Times in 1,418 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 111 Times in 104 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    During his appearance on ABC’s “Jimmy Kimmel Live!” this week, the 65-year-old “Real Time With Bill Maher” host cited a survey in the New York Times — “which is a liberal paper so they weren’t looking for this answer,” Fox News reported.

“The question was, ‘What do you think the chances are that you would have to go to the hospital if you got COVID?’ And Democrats thought that was, way higher than Republicans,” Maher said. “The answer is between 1 percent and 5 percent.”

He said 41 percent of Democrats thought it was over 50 percent, while 28 percent thought it was between 20 percent and 49 percent of patients ending up in the hospital.

“Seventy percent of Democrats thought it was way, way, way higher than it really was,” Maher added. “Liberal media has to take a little responsibility for that. For scaring the s— out of people.”

https://nypost.com/2021/09/17/bill-m...-19-reporting/

That’s a pretty remarkable survey.

The average lefty thinks there’s a 50/50 chance they’ll wind up in the hospital if they catch the Bat Lady’s designer bug. That’s funny but it’s not, really. People are going to be psychologically damaged by this. I wonder how many of them are kids or young people.

Some people should be ashamed of themselves.
    I watched that with some liberal friends, their faces turned red and they left shortly after as they grill us about that Covid shit all the time! LMAO

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stringfellow Hawk For This Post:

Darth Omar (09-17-2021), ExpressLane (09-17-2021)

3. #62 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,785 Times in 17,104 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,344 Times in 2,263 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Into the Night View Post
    And what is the hospitalization for? Covid19 does not kill.
    Neither does flu.

4. #63 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MAGA View Post
    I watched that with some liberal friends, their faces turned red and they left shortly after as they grill us about that Covid shit all the time! LMAO

5. #64 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,498 Times in 7,586 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 274 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    Polls?
    There's a few here that believe there's a 90% chance you'll die if infected w/ the WuFlu. Androgenous Poli, e.g.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to anonymoose For This Post:

Into the Night (09-17-2021), Stretch (09-19-2021)

7. #65 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,367 Times in 6,038 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 602 Times in 566 Posts

During his appearance on ABC’s “Jimmy Kimmel Live!” this week, the 65-year-old “Real Time With Bill Maher” host cited a survey in the New York Times — “which is a liberal paper so they weren’t looking for this answer,” Fox News reported.

“The question was, ‘What do you think the chances are that you would have to go to the hospital if you got COVID?’ And Democrats thought that was, way higher than Republicans,” Maher said. “The answer is between 1 percent and 5 percent.”

He said 41 percent of Democrats thought it was over 50 percent, while 28 percent thought it was between 20 percent and 49 percent of patients ending up in the hospital.

“Seventy percent of Democrats thought it was way, way, way higher than it really was,” Maher added. “Liberal media has to take a little responsibility for that. For scaring the s— out of people.”

The average lefty thinks there’s a 50/50 chance they’ll wind up in the hospital if they catch the Bat Lady’s designer bug. That’s funny but it’s not, really. People are going to be psychologically damaged by this. I wonder how many of them are kids or young people.

How about this survey? That’s a pretty remarkable survey.

The average righty thinks there’s a 50/50 chance believe Trump won the election. That’s funny but it’s not, really. People are going to be psychologically damaged by this.

Poll: Majority of Republicans Believe Trump’s Lies About the 2020 Election

https://www.politicususa.com/2021/05...-election.html

According to the latest national poll from Reuters/Ipsos, a majority of Republicans have fallen for ex-President Donald Trump’s “big lie” about the 2020 election and fully believe that the election was rife with fraud and abuse despite all evidence to the contrary. The poll found that 53% of Republicans believe Trump is the “true” president of the United States compared to 47% who said Biden won the election fairly. 56% of Republicans said the election results were “the result of illegal voting or election rigging.” Additionally, 39% “strongly” agreed and 22% “somewhat” agreed that the election was “stolen from Donald Trump.”

Judge Juan M. Merchan wrote that Trump “appears to take the position that his situation and this case are unique and that the pre-trial publicity will never subside. However, this view does not align with reality.”

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Joe Capitalist For This Post:

AProudLefty (09-17-2021), christiefan915 (09-17-2021)

9. #66 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by anonymoose View Post
    There's a few here that believe there's a 90% chance you'll die if infected w/ the WuFlu. Androgenous Poli, e.g.
    I am not aware of those posters who believe that.

10. #67 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I am not aware of those posters who believe that.
    I just made you aware of one.

11. #68 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,115 Times in 12,640 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,444 Times in 1,388 Posts
    Blog Entries

You get the same completely not understanding reality when you ask people how many black men cops kill in an average year, an answer even a clod should be able to find in little time on Google.
    I choose my own words like the Americans of olden times........before this dystopia arrived.

DARK AGES SUCK!

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hawkeye10 For This Post:

anonymoose (09-17-2021), Darth Omar (09-17-2021)

13. #69 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I just made you aware of one.
    You mean like LV or BidenPresident?

14. #70 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

You mean like LV or BidenPresident?
    You just gave two more . That makes three. There's more.

15. #71 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

You just gave two more . That makes three. There's more.
    LOL okay. Well it would depend on the age though.

16. #72 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

LOL okay. Well it would depend on the age though.
    Yeah, I'd say about 90% of those w/ bacterial pneumonia, diabetes, congestive heart disease and over the age of 85 that are infected w/ the coronavirus will die w/in a couple of weeks , so I'm w/ them.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to anonymoose For This Post:

AProudLefty (09-17-2021)

18. #73 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,334 Times in 9,321 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,825 Times in 2,563 Posts
    Blog Entries

Maher is yesterday's news......no one I know watches that show anymore. Trump got him riled up like the rest of us and he wasted the fat fuck weekly which helped his ratings, but he's reverted to a lot of his looneytarian propaganda from the old days. Also he's pissed off the woke crowd big time reminiscing about how compliant women used to be... along with his constant whining about covid restrictions........mainly it's hurting his tour cash flow, a big part of his income

19. #74 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Darth,

Those are raw numbers. Were you aware that only between 1-5% of Covid infections require hospitalization? I’ll do just the opposite of the media and put an even happier face on it: that 1-5% is skewed heavily towards the at risk population. IOW, an average healthy person probably has someone like a 0.5% risk of hospitalization.

Go out and enjoy yourself. Like people in Red States have been doing for months and months.
    Possessing a propensity to watch numbers and data, the Corona Virus Peak Watch Thread being mine, the numbers are just as I expected. I do wish people were better informed, but some of them prefer rumor over fact. FB is little more than high tech rumor mill, not a good source of news. Particularly if one lacks the ability to discern the difference.

Everyone is completely free to go out and enjoy themselves safely, but they are cautioned to avoid large gatherings, particularly indoors and for long periods of time. Our hospitals could hardly accommodate much more than they already have.

One's own safety is not the only consideration in deciding how much social contact to have. One must always consider others. The disease can be spread without the host even knowing they have it (likely the principle form of transmission.) Gathering socially needs to be discouraged. That is why our very smart government has advised against it.

Ignoring the CDC guidelines is selfish. It leads to needless deaths. Mayer is being selfish. He wants to sell tix.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

20. #75 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,334 Times in 9,321 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,825 Times in 2,563 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Darth,

Possessing a propensity to watch numbers and data, the Corona Virus Peak Watch Thread being mine, the numbers are just as I expected. I do wish people were better informed, but some of them prefer rumor over fact. FB is little more than high tech rumor mill, not a good source of news. Particularly if one lacks the ability to discern the difference.

Everyone is completely free to go out and enjoy themselves safely, but they are cautioned to avoid large gatherings, particularly indoors and for long periods of time. Our hospitals could hardly accommodate much more than they already have.

One's own safety is not the only consideration in deciding how much social contact to have. One must always consider others. The disease can be spread without the host even knowing they have it (likely the principle form of transmission.) Gathering socially needs to be discouraged. That is why our very smart government has advised against it.

Ignoring the CDC guidelines is selfish. It leads to needless deaths. Mayer is being selfish. He wants to sell tix.
    that moron isn't paying attention to a word you're posting

someone would have to take darth to a motel room and deprogram him like a common cult member for 4 days, cut him off from Fox and JPP completely. Make him watch non-stop David Packman youtubes. Then, if he was still alive, he might listen but only until he found a TV tuned to Fox.