Thread: 'Death panels' arrive

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,564 Times in 17,091 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,575 Times in 4,254 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MAGA View Post
    Obamacare did bring death to 1 in 8 Americans

WASHINGTON, D.C. and SAN DIEGO, CA – More than 13% of Americans – about 34 million people – have a friend or family member who died sometime in the last five years after not receiving needed medical treatment because they were unable to pay for it, according to a new national survey released today by the nonprofit West Health and Gallup.

https://www.westhealth.org/press-rel...ord-treatment/
    I agree. we need universal healthcare. Obama could not get it through the Repubs and healthcare lobbyists. Yes, the ACA saved a lot of lives. https://www.iza.org/publications/dp/...ion-save-lives people who did not have healthcare now have it.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Nordberg For This Post:

evince (09-18-2021), Guno צְבִי (09-18-2021), ThatOwlWoman (09-18-2021), ZappasGuitar (09-18-2021)

3. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,785 Times in 32,151 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

It's Idaho.......demmycrats will be the first to die........
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

4. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,519 Times in 52,737 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,657 Times in 4,376 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    I agree. we need universal healthcare. Obama could not get it through the Repubs and healthcare lobbyists. Yes, the ACA saved a lot of lives. https://www.iza.org/publications/dp/...ion-save-lives people who did not have healthcare now have it.
    I have an activist friend in St. Louis whose life was saved by the ACA. She had breast cancer.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

evince (09-18-2021), Guno צְבִי (09-18-2021), PoliTalker (09-18-2021)

6. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,543 Times in 14,028 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,451 Times in 1,370 Posts
    Blog Entries

Some U.S. hospitals forced to ration care amid staffing shortages, COVID-19 surge

Montana, Alaska, Ohio, Wisconsin, and Kentucky experienced the biggest rises in new COVID-19 hospitalizations during the week ending Sept. 10 compared with the previous week, with Montana's new hospitalizations rising by 26%, according to the latest report by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) on Sept. 14.

n Alaska, the influx is so heavy that the state's largest hospital is no longer able to provide life-saving care to every patient who needs it due to the influx of COVID-19 hospitalizations, according to an open letter from the medical executive committee of Providence Alaska Medical Center this week.

"If you or your loved one need specialty care at Providence, such as a cardiologist, trauma surgeon, or a neurosurgeon, we sadly may not have room now," the letter read. "There are no more staffed beds left."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/oth...rge/ar-AAOyRwS
    “If we have to have a choice between being dead and pitied, and being alive with a bad image, we’d rather be alive and have the bad image.”

— Golda Meir

Zionism is the movement for the self-determination and statehood for the Jewish people in their ancestral homeland, the land of Israel.

ברוך השם

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Guno צְבִי For This Post:

evince (09-18-2021), PoliTalker (09-18-2021)

8. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Republicans in 2020: "The vaccines will be here soon. WARPSPEED! Hurray Trump! Trump to the RESCUE! The pandemic will be all over SOON! Then we can get our economy back."

Republicans in 2021: "I ain't gonna be no guinea pig. You'll never get me to take that experimental, useless, scary, DNA altering, big pharma money grab! And the whole pandemic nonsense is made up. We can blame China for that."
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

evince (09-18-2021), Guno צְבִי (09-18-2021)

10. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello guno,

Quote Originally Posted by guno View Post
    in COVID-stricken, Republican Idaho

It may be recalled that one of the chief GOP arguments against the Affordable Care Act in 2010 was that it would institute bureaucratic "death panels" to determine, in the words of former vice presidential nominee Sarah Palin, whether someone was "worthy of healthcare."

The claim was always pure fabrication. But it's coming true now, specifically in COVID-stricken, and deep red, Idaho.

Hospitals there have become so overwhelmed by COVID patients, almost all of them unvaccinated, that the state has activated its "crisis standards of care." What that means, according to the state Department of Health and Welfare, is that the normal triage standards, in which the more seriously sick or injured are prioritized, are thrown out.

Instead, "someone who is otherwise healthy and would recover more rapidly may get treated or have access to a ventilator before someone who is not likely to recover."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...aho/ar-AAOyLFt
    How tragic.

Too bad Republicans are unmoved by it.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

evince (09-18-2021), Guno צְבִי (09-18-2021)

12. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,564 Times in 17,091 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,575 Times in 4,254 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    I have an activist friend in St. Louis whose life was saved by the ACA. She had breast cancer.
    The ACA funded city clinics that took people who had no health coverage. It got many people healthier and wiser about their physical problems.
    Trumpys want poor people to die.

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Nordberg For This Post:

evince (09-18-2021), PoliTalker (09-18-2021), ThatOwlWoman (09-18-2021), ZappasGuitar (09-18-2021)

14. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello ZappasGuitar,

Quote Originally Posted by ZappasGuitar View Post
    I bet you not a single JPP conservative wants to discuss how their predictions of Government led DEATH PANELS finally came to pass...
    Slight clarification:

These are for-profit Death Panels.

There is just too much demand in Idaho for the "Dollar-Ectomy" business.

They have to pick and choose to get the most cases and pass on the ones that eat up too much time.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

evince (09-18-2021)

16. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello guno,

Quote Originally Posted by guno View Post
    Some U.S. hospitals forced to ration care amid staffing shortages, COVID-19 surge

Montana, Alaska, Ohio, Wisconsin, and Kentucky experienced the biggest rises in new COVID-19 hospitalizations during the week ending Sept. 10 compared with the previous week, with Montana's new hospitalizations rising by 26%, according to the latest report by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) on Sept. 14.

n Alaska, the influx is so heavy that the state's largest hospital is no longer able to provide life-saving care to every patient who needs it due to the influx of COVID-19 hospitalizations, according to an open letter from the medical executive committee of Providence Alaska Medical Center this week.

"If you or your loved one need specialty care at Providence, such as a cardiologist, trauma surgeon, or a neurosurgeon, we sadly may not have room now," the letter read. "There are no more staffed beds left."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/oth...rge/ar-AAOyRwS
    South Dakota had their big surge just after the Sturgis Bike Rally.

Then, all the anti-helmet, anti vax bikers went back home to those States listed in your post.

Now they are surging.

Go figure.

Such a mystery what's going on.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

evince (09-18-2021), Guno צְבִי (09-18-2021), ThatOwlWoman (09-18-2021)

18. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,503 Times in 27,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,565 Times in 18,156 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bulletbob View Post
    Id throw your simple ass out of a air plane just to watch you fall and scream so I could laugh at you I would follow you down and film it . Id drop you from 18000 feet so I could enjoy the dive more . LOL I bet you would piss and shit yourself .
    Let me guess

You claim to be a Christian

I hope Jesus is reading your posts

19. The Following User Says Thank You to evince For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (09-18-2021)

20. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    It's Idaho.......demmycrats will be the first to die........
    I hope Jesus is reading your posts

21. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,762 Times in 7,265 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,060 Times in 1,005 Posts

Fate is a death panel.
    Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel. Samuel Johnson, 1775
    Religion....is the opiate of the people. Karl Marx, 1848
    Freedom's just another word for nothin' left to lose. Kris Kristofferson, 1969

22. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MAGA View Post
    Obamacare did bring death to 1 in 8 Americans

WASHINGTON, D.C. and SAN DIEGO, CA – More than 13% of Americans – about 34 million people – have a friend or family member who died sometime in the last five years after not receiving needed medical treatment because they were unable to pay for it, according to a new national survey released today by the nonprofit West Health and Gallup.

https://www.westhealth.org/press-rel...ord-treatment/

All because the Republican Party kept working to shrink the number of Americans who ACA could help

23. The Following User Says Thank You to evince For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (09-18-2021)

24. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

25. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,519 Times in 52,737 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,657 Times in 4,376 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    The ACA funded city clinics that took people who had no health coverage. It got many people healthier and wiser about their physical problems.
    Trumpys want poor people to die.
    They have the very mistaken belief that all you have to do is "get a job with health benefits," as if every employer everywhere offers that.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

26. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

PoliTalker (09-18-2021)