1. #121 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Cypress,

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    It's funny how these days even Republican message board posters posture as anti-Wall Street, anti-big bank populists.

12 years ago they would have considered that kind of Occupy rhetoric to be openly Communist.
    I know, right? They pretended to be so anti Wall Street during the 2016 campaign, even adopted the phrase drain the swamp, but then immediately dropped all concern over lobbyists as soon as Trump began taking their money.

Occupy Wall Street was begun 10 years ago today , Sept 17th 2011, after a message was posted by Adbusters, an anti-consumerism organization which was founded by award-winning documentary film makers incensed that the logging industry had run ads painting their industry as wholesome.

Adbusters created their own 'anti-ad,' a spot in which an old tree explains to a young sapling that a tree farm is not a forest. But most of the major media refused to run the spot for any price.

Adbusters is still very much alive and well. They are responsible for "Buy Nothing Day." They also created Blackspot Shoes, shoes you can buy to support the movement which are made of recycled car tires and hemp by union workers.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

2. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

Earl (09-17-2021)

3. #122 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Adbusters created the Media Carta Movement:

"Media Carta" is a charter challenging the corporate control of the public airwaves and means of communication. The goal is to "make the public airwaves truly public, and not just a corporate domain."[18] Over 30,000 people have signed the document[citation needed] voicing their desire to reclaim the public space. On 13 September 2004, Adbusters filed a lawsuit against six major Canadian television broadcasters (including CanWest Global, Bell Globemedia, CHUM Ltd., and the CBC) for refusing to air Adbusters videos in the television commercial spots that Adbusters attempted to purchase. Most broadcasters refused the commercials, fearing the ads would upset other advertisers as well as violate business principles by "contaminating the purity of media environments designed exclusively for communicating commercial messages".[18] The lawsuit claims that Adbusters' freedom of expression was unjustly limited by the refusals.[19] Adbusters believes the public deserves a right to be presented with viewpoints that differ from the standard. Under Section 3 of the Broadcasting Act, television is a public space allowing ordinary citizens to possess the same rights as advertising agencies and corporations to purchase 30 seconds of airtime from major broadcasters.[20] There has been talk that if Adbusters wins in Canadian court, they will file similar lawsuits against major U.S. broadcasters that also refused the advertisements.[21] CNN is the only network that has allowed several of the foundation's commercials to run.[citation needed] " -wiki

The symbol of Media Carta is an American Flag, but all the stars have been replaced by corporate logos. Cinnabar uses the Media Carta Flag as an Avatar on JPP.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

4. #123 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,686 Times in 17,937 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,248 Times in 3,052 Posts
    Blog Entries

The poor pay nothing...a free ride.

Tax the poor, they should pay their fair share.

It’s only fair.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Earl For This Post:

Truth Detector (09-17-2021)

6. #124 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,386 Times in 3,225 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 189 Times in 178 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    A tax rate that is even with their share of wealth would be appropriate.

So 99%.
    So you can continue to suckle off the government teet, no thanks!

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wolverine For This Post:

Earl (09-17-2021), Truth Detector (09-17-2021)

8. #125 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

You leeches really are amazing, people who start businesses and become successful must be punished in your opinion! Why? Because you want to sit at home on your ass and not do anything, sounds fair! Get a job, make something out of yourself, stop punishing people just because you are to lazy to make it happen for yourself!

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wolverine For This Post:

Earl (09-17-2021), Stone (09-17-2021), Truth Detector (09-17-2021)

10. #126 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,686 Times in 17,937 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,248 Times in 3,052 Posts
    Blog Entries

With the low income tax credit and all the free stuff they receive, they are a burden on those who pay their fair share.

No free rides.

The poor should pay their fair share. Get off the wagon and help push it

Good Americans should pay their fair share and the poor pay nothing.

Tax the poor, it's only fair. .

Good Americans are the ones paying their fair share.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Earl For This Post:

Stone (09-17-2021), Truth Detector (09-17-2021)

12. #127 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Trump said he would drain the swamp but benefited from millions of NRA lobbyist dollars.

13. #128 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,424 Times in 10,050 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine View Post
    So you can continue to suckle off the government teet, no thanks!
    The rich are the ones suckling off the teat; they're hoarding their wealth and not circulating it in the economy.

That's why we haven't had consistent GDP growth above 3% since the 90's.
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist

14. #129 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine View Post
    You leeches really are amazing, people who start businesses and become successful must be punished in your opinion!
    They're not successful through any hard work; they're successful through the exploitation of labor.

Hoarding all that wealth is bad for economic growth...in fact, it's precisely the reason why we haven't had consistent 3% GDP growth since the 90's.

15. #130 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,477 Times in 22,782 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,245 Times in 2,985 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Trump said he would drain the swamp but benefited from millions of NRA lobbyist dollars.
    Lie and lame. The swamp tried to destroy him and he is the ONLY President in our history to donate his entire salary and leave office poorer than when he took the job.

BUT TRUMP!!!
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

A lie doesn't become the truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it is accepted by a majority.
    Author: Booker T. Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Unless you just can't stand the idea of "ni**ers" teaching white kids.

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    Address the topic, not other posters.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Truth Detector For This Post:

Wolverine (09-17-2021)

17. #131 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

The rich are the ones suckling off the teat; they're hoarding their wealth and not circulating it in the economy.
    You cannot post a more asinine lie filled claim than this. You really are uneducated, stupid and devoid of common sense and awareness.
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

A lie doesn't become the truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it is accepted by a majority.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Truth Detector For This Post:

Wolverine (09-17-2021)

19. #132 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

They're not successful through any hard work; they're successful through the exploitation of labor.

Hoarding all that wealth is bad for economic growth...in fact, it's precisely the reason why we haven't had consistent 3% GDP growth since the 90's.
    You're pegging the stupid meter ass clown.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Truth Detector For This Post:

Wolverine (09-17-2021)

21. #133 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,242 Times in 10,706 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 579 Times in 563 Posts
    Blog Entries

The rich? How about those with $600 in their bank acount?

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Dutch View Post
    Agreed. Shooting angry Trumpers should be a national pastime.
    Quote Originally Posted by BidenPresident View Post
    Only conclusion. Going to a Christian school causes you to be a mass murderer.

22. #134 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

If lower taxes on the wealthy were good for the economy, manufacturing wouldn't have entered a recession one year after taxes were cut for the wealthy.

And if they were good for the economy, it wouldn't have plunged into a recession the February before the COVID lockdowns started.

But it did...in both cases.

23. #135 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

That's why we haven't had consistent GDP growth above 3% since the 90's.
    So? They make money, they keep money, you make no contribution but want their money, that is the issue. You are contributing nothing, and want a free ride!

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Wolverine For This Post:

Stone (09-17-2021)