Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Most Overrated Presidents

1. #46 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 27 Times in 27 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Apisa View Post
    You are an obnoxious fucking moron.

Apparently you think you are insightful.

You are not.
    Is that the conclusion you come to when you gaze at the image you see in the mirror? burp...

And my guess is I know more about American history than you...by far.
    How could you possibly know that? Do you consider yerself an ace mind reader? burp...

Also...and this is just an aside...Trump was the worst president America has ever had, and we should all be hoping he is the worst we ever have. He is a heap of horseshit...and so are his continuing supporters.
    I'm aware of yer uninformed opinion, most people have opinions, that doesn't make those opinions fact. burp...

You may go back to your rock. I'm going back to the NFL games.
    Yer real full of yersef aren't ya? You may think you can command others on an internet forum, butt: ya can't order me around.

BTW, did the NYT n' Newsweek carry yer uninformed opinion that nearly 80 million Trump voters committed treason n' should be executed?

I'm sure humbled by how smart you are... pffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffft... breathe deep...

2. The Following User Says Thank You to OldMercsRule For This Post:

Flanders (09-20-2021)

3. #47 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by SmarterthanYou View Post
    why was he the best???? be specific
    I dunno if that extra stupid arrogant puke will answer, butt: I also think Abe was the best, (George was very clearly the most important), as George was the most formidable General the British Empire ever faced, (in their opinion).

Abe saved the Union that George gave us, and that was no easy feat, as Robert E Lee ate the Union's lunch for most of the war with inferior numbers n' inferior equipment/supplies. He had to suspend basic Constitutional rights (habeas corpus et al), and fire incompetent Generals. No other POTUS is even close, (except good ol' George).

My overpriced $0.02.

4. #48 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by OldMercsRule View Post
    I dunno if that extra stupid arrogant puke will answer, butt: I also think Abe was the best, (George was very clearly the most important), as George was the most formidable General the British Empire ever faced, (in their opinion).

Abe saved the Union that George gave us, and that was no easy feat, as Robert E Lee ate the Union's lunch for most of the war with inferior numbers n' inferior equipment/supplies. He had to suspend basic Constitutional rights (habeas corpus et al), and fire incompetent Generals. No other POTUS is even close, (except good ol' George).

My overpriced $0.02.
    what constitutional authority, PRIOR TO the civil war, did Lincoln have for waging a war to 'save' the union?????
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

5. #49 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

what constitutional authority, PRIOR TO the civil war, did Lincoln have for waging a war to 'save' the union?????
    He didn't: the states, (at least the original 13), had the perfect right of succession.

Great Leaders do what they have to do, n' let history be the judge.

Most Historians think Abe n' George were the top of their select class.

In addition to keeping the Union together, (admittedly unconstitutional), he wiped the worst part of the Constitution off the books: Slavery.

This conflict was built into the foundation of our Republic, (as a compromise), and was always gonna be a real problem.

The Constitution specifically uses the terms "the right to pursue happiness" instead of own property due to the input of slave holders, which is direct conflict with the Declaration of Independence.

Had Buchannan not been such a fail which led to war, Abe may have been just a great POTUS, clearly that crisis make him #1 in my book.

6. #50 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

He didn't: the states, (at least the original 13), had the perfect right of succession.

Great Leaders do what they have to do, n' let history be the judge.

Most Historians think Abe n' George were the top of their select class.

In addition to keeping the Union together, (admittedly unconstitutional), he wiped the worst part of the Constitution off the books: Slavery.

This conflict was built into the foundation of our Republic, (as a compromise), and was always gonna be a real problem.

The Constitution specifically uses the terms "the right to pursue happiness" instead of own property due to the input of slave holders, which is direct conflict with the Declaration of Independence.

Had Buchannan not been such a fail which led to war, Abe may have been just a great POTUS, clearly that crisis make him #1 in my book.
    all kinds of fail..........the south was destined to lose to slavery..........eventually people were going to recognized that even blacks were people and not property........the issue is that they didn't want to wait......they felt that pressuring a portion of the population to capitulate to their desires was all that was needed and hundreds of thousands died.........maybe that what they intend to do with vax mandates
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

7. #51 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,856 Times in 8,415 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,290 Times in 2,172 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Flanders View Post
    Lists of best presidents, or worst presidents, show up from time to time. Abraham Lincoln and Woodrow Wilson usually make it into the top five of every Democrat’s best president list. Conversely, they always make it to number one and number two on my list of worst president.

Should the ‘experts’ ever get around to compiling a list of the most overrated presidents —— Lincoln and Wilson will be the only contestants. That is saying a lot when you toss out FDR, LBJ, JFK, Carter, Clinton, Obama, and Biden.

I do not know what Tom DiLorenzo thinks about Wilson, but he gets a double-attaboy for nailing “Honest Abe”:

Today, The Two Mikes welcomed back Dr. Tom DiLorenzo for a discussion on Abraham Lincoln and to mark the anniversary of the battle of Antietam on September 17th.

Dr. DiLorenzo has written three excellent, highly provocative, and deeply researched books about Abraham Lincoln, and they have influenced and begun to change the understanding of Lincoln among the public and in the academy.

Dr. DiLorenzo explained that Lincoln was a lawyer for corporate interests and was the chief counsel for the Illinois Central railway, a career that produced a man who favored protectionism, governmental spending to assist railroad and other industries, and a view of the central government properly operating beyond its constitutional powers and reach.

Lincoln is the last person anybody should invoke trying to justify the Civil War with the slavery argument. Everything Lincoln did and said set this country on the road to federal government control.

Instead of civil war, Lincoln could have, and should have, worked within the Constitution if he felt so strongly about preserving the Union. Naturally, the Civil War would have been unnecessary had the South surrendered their Rights instead of defending them.

Thus, the war that came can be seen not only as a Civil War but as a war to protect Northern economic interests.

The fact is that Lincoln saw the Constitution impeding his will.

Americans celebrate Abraham Lincoln's Gettysburg Address, but H.L. Mencken correctly evaluated the speech, "It is poetry not logic; beauty, not sense." Lincoln said that the soldiers sacrificed their lives "to the cause of self-determination -- government of the people, by the people, for the people should not perish from the earth."

Mencken says: "It is difficult to imagine anything more untrue. The Union soldiers in the battle actually fought against self-determination; it was the Confederates who fought for the right of people to govern themselves."

https://www.justplainpolitics.com/showthread.php?109621-The-Evolution-Of-The-Party-Of-Liars&p=2797672#post2797672

As important, Dr. DiLorenzo points out that there is nothing in the founding documents that prevents secession, and that Lincoln was fully empowered to let the southern states go and form another republic in North America, and save 850,000 lives in the process.

This analysis clearly is relevant to the thinking of Americans today.

It also is worth mentioning that this was the position of Jefferson, Madison, and several other of the founders.

Dr. DiLorenzo does not immediately convince all of his listeners, but his work demands respect and consideration and, as for myself, his work has caused me to begin to rethink much of what I had long believed about Lincoln.

Tom DiLorenzo: Abraham Lincoln was a Big Government Politician
    by Two Mikes
    September 16, 2021

https://freedomfirstnetwork.com/2021...ent-politician
    Trump is absolutely the worst president that we've ever had; being the nutjob that he is.
    Lock Him Up

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Trumpet For This Post:

Frank Apisa (09-20-2021)

9. #52 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

all kinds of fail..........the south was destined to lose to slavery..........eventually people were going to recognized that even blacks were people and not property........the issue is that they didn't want to wait......they felt that pressuring a portion of the population to capitulate to their desires was all that was needed and hundreds of thousands died.........maybe that what they intend to do with vax mandates
    That is yer opinion, I don't think the South would have given up Slavery so easily, (n' they clearly didn't), butt: you may have a point re: "vaccines".

10. #53 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpet View Post
    Trump is absolutely the worst president that we've ever had; being the nutjob that he is.
    I guess Trump derangement syndrome is one of the reasons yer so fucking stupid.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to OldMercsRule For This Post:

Flanders (09-20-2021)

12. #54 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,856 Times in 8,415 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,290 Times in 2,172 Posts
    Blog Entries

I guess Trump derangement syndrome is one of the reasons yer so fucking stupid.
    What a stupid comment, but considering where it came from, it's not surprising.
    Lock Him Up

13. #55 | Top
    Living in rural America, "clinging to guns and religion"
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,512 Times in 16,974 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 522 Times in 502 Posts

Are you supposing I "hate" Trump?

I do not. If he were in danger and I could help, I would do it in a second...as I would for any other human...or any other animal, for that matter.

He is a pig...and unfortunately, he was president of the United States. I comment on his gross ineptitude because of the great damage he has done to our Republic...and I comment on his continuing supporters for their contribution to the great damage Trump has done to our Republic.

All business, nothing personal.

If you think you are toying with me...and get a laugh out of that...GREAT. Laughter is what makes life worth living in my estimation. You have no idea of how much I laugh while composing the responses I post here. I would never deny you your fun.

Yes Frank, you hate Trump or you wouldn't keep running him down. He lost. Get over it!
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

14. #56 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 74 Times in 66 Posts
    Blog Entries

FDR is by far the most overrated president. And in reality one of the worst presidents. Wilson was a terrible one too.

Worst top 3: .... Jackson, FDR, Wilson.... and then both Johnsons are definitely honorable mentions if not ties for top three.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Gondwanaland For This Post:

OldMercsRule (09-19-2021)

16. #57 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NiftyNiblick View Post
    I lean toward FDR as the best, myself,
    The guy who put people (Japanese and others) in internment camps? WHo tried to subvert democracy and pack the courts? THe one who nationalized and confiscated gold from citizens under threat of gun and cage? Yikes.

and I consider Trump surpassing Dubya as the very worst

to be possibly the most disgraceful artifact of US history since slavery.

Trump wasn't very great, but doesn't remotely come close to worse than Dubya. He didn't preside over the starting of a massive terrorist attack that he ignored intel on, two pointless, deadly, decades-long destructive wars, the creation an entire extrajudicial prison in another country where we STILL are holding people illegally without trial, the creation of the useless security theater known as the TSA, the retooling of intelligence agencies to spy on American citizens complete with signing new legislation designed for exactly that among other freedom-stripping purposes, literal torture campaigns, more secret prisons in the middle east in which people were beaten, humiliated, tortured, and who knows what the heck else, tens of thousands of innocent brown civilians murdered. Trump was pretty crappy, but he was no Dubya. Not even close.

17. #58 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

That is yer opinion, I don't think the South would have given up Slavery so easily, (n' they clearly didn't), butt: you may have a point re: "vaccines".
    They were already well on the way to it.

18. #59 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpet View Post
    Trump was not a great president. But he was nowhere on par with doing anything as terrible as Andrew Genocide Jackson, Franlin Let's Round Up The Japs In Concentration Camps Roosevelt, Woodrow KKK Wilson, or George Torture And Domestic Spying Bush.

19. #60 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Gondwanaland View Post
    They were already well on the way to it.
    It sure didn't appear that way from my reading of history. Do you have some evidence to support this allegation or is this just your opinion?