Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Most Overrated Presidents

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 102 Times in 89 Posts

Default Most Overrated Presidents

Lists of best presidents, or worst presidents, show up from time to time. Abraham Lincoln and Woodrow Wilson usually make it into the top five of every Democrat’s best president list. Conversely, they always make it to number one and number two on my list of worst president.

Should the ‘experts’ ever get around to compiling a list of the most overrated presidents —— Lincoln and Wilson will be the only contestants. That is saying a lot when you toss out FDR, LBJ, JFK, Carter, Clinton, Obama, and Biden.

I do not know what Tom DiLorenzo thinks about Wilson, but he gets a double-attaboy for nailing “Honest Abe”:

Today, The Two Mikes welcomed back Dr. Tom DiLorenzo for a discussion on Abraham Lincoln and to mark the anniversary of the battle of Antietam on September 17th.

Dr. DiLorenzo has written three excellent, highly provocative, and deeply researched books about Abraham Lincoln, and they have influenced and begun to change the understanding of Lincoln among the public and in the academy.

Dr. DiLorenzo explained that Lincoln was a lawyer for corporate interests and was the chief counsel for the Illinois Central railway, a career that produced a man who favored protectionism, governmental spending to assist railroad and other industries, and a view of the central government properly operating beyond its constitutional powers and reach.

Lincoln is the last person anybody should invoke trying to justify the Civil War with the slavery argument. Everything Lincoln did and said set this country on the road to federal government control.

Instead of civil war, Lincoln could have, and should have, worked within the Constitution if he felt so strongly about preserving the Union. Naturally, the Civil War would have been unnecessary had the South surrendered their Rights instead of defending them.

Thus, the war that came can be seen not only as a Civil War but as a war to protect Northern economic interests.

The fact is that Lincoln saw the Constitution impeding his will.

Americans celebrate Abraham Lincoln's Gettysburg Address, but H.L. Mencken correctly evaluated the speech, "It is poetry not logic; beauty, not sense." Lincoln said that the soldiers sacrificed their lives "to the cause of self-determination -- government of the people, by the people, for the people should not perish from the earth."

Mencken says: "It is difficult to imagine anything more untrue. The Union soldiers in the battle actually fought against self-determination; it was the Confederates who fought for the right of people to govern themselves."

https://www.justplainpolitics.com/showthread.php?109621-The-Evolution-Of-The-Party-Of-Liars&p=2797672#post2797672

As important, Dr. DiLorenzo points out that there is nothing in the founding documents that prevents secession, and that Lincoln was fully empowered to let the southern states go and form another republic in North America, and save 850,000 lives in the process.

This analysis clearly is relevant to the thinking of Americans today.

It also is worth mentioning that this was the position of Jefferson, Madison, and several other of the founders.

Dr. DiLorenzo does not immediately convince all of his listeners, but his work demands respect and consideration and, as for myself, his work has caused me to begin to rethink much of what I had long believed about Lincoln.

Tom DiLorenzo: Abraham Lincoln was a Big Government Politician
    by Two Mikes
    September 16, 2021

https://freedomfirstnetwork.com/2021...ent-politician
    The basic test of freedom is perhaps less in what we are free to do than in what we are free not to do. It is the freedom to refrain, withdraw and abstain which makes a totalitarian regime impossible. Eric Hoffer

2. The Following User Groans At Flanders For This Awful Post:

Hoosier Daddy (09-17-2021)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Flanders For This Post:

Celticguy (09-20-2021)

4. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,184 Times in 7,628 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,051 Times in 998 Posts

Lincoln was a GREAT president...and deserves all the accolades he gets.

The most OVERRATED president we've ever had is Trump.

He is rated the worst president we've ever had...and that, in my opinion, overrates him. He is a traitor...and has done more to damage our Republic than all of our foreign enemies combined.
    ON HIS WORST DAY, JOE BIDEN IS A BETTER PRESIDENT THAN TRUMP WAS ON HIS BEST DAY!

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Frank Apisa For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (09-18-2021), Hoosier Daddy (09-17-2021), Iolo/Penderyn (09-17-2021), Jarod (09-21-2021)

6. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,029 Times in 12,559 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,401 Times in 1,345 Posts
    Blog Entries

I dont know enough to know but based upon an argument I read several years ago that it is Wilson which seemed pretty solid to me that is where I would start.
    This illegal illegitimate regime that runs America is at fault...not me.... they do not represent me and I have long objected to their crimes against humanity.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Hawkeye10 For This Post:

Flanders (09-17-2021)

8. #4 | Top
    Living in rural America, "clinging to guns and religion"
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,508 Times in 16,972 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 522 Times in 502 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Apisa View Post

He is rated the worst president we've ever had...and that, in my opinion, overrates him. He is a traitor...and has done more to damage our Republic than all of our foreign enemies combined.
    Trump!
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to RB 60 For This Post:

Flanders (09-17-2021)

10. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

https://www.justplainpolitics.com/showthread.php?175859-Which-General-Would-Commit-Treason

To Frank Apisa: Your copy is in the mail.

The basic test of freedom is perhaps less in what we are free to do than in what we are free not to do. It is the freedom to refrain, withdraw and abstain which makes a totalitarian regime impossible. Eric Hoffer

11. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,759 Times in 7,263 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,060 Times in 1,005 Posts

I lean toward FDR as the best, myself,

and I consider Trump surpassing Dubya as the very worst

to be possibly the most disgraceful artifact of US history since slavery.
    Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel. Samuel Johnson, 1775
    Religion....is the opiate of the people. Karl Marx, 1848
    Freedom's just another word for nothin' left to lose. Kris Kristofferson, 1969

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NiftyNiblick For This Post:

Frank Apisa (09-17-2021), Guno צְבִי (09-18-2021)

13. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

Default How much for a bowl of spaghetti?

I don’t know. Nobody told me.

The ASPCA

14. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,614 Times in 21,477 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,632 Times in 5,140 Posts
    Blog Entries

GWB, Started both the Afghanistan and Iraq wars and if he is not last, he is overrated.

18 U.S. Code § 2071 - Concealment, removal, or mutilation generally
    44 U.S.C. 2202 - The United States shall reserve and retain complete ownership, possession, and control of Presidential records; and such records shall be administered in accordance with the provisions of this chapter.

LOCK HIM UP!

15. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by RB 60 View Post
    Trump!
    Yes, RB...Trump.

He is the one rated a total failure and the worst president ever...

...and in my opinion, he is overrated.
    ON HIS WORST DAY, JOE BIDEN IS A BETTER PRESIDENT THAN TRUMP WAS ON HIS BEST DAY!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Frank Apisa For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (09-18-2021)

17. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,614 Times in 21,477 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,632 Times in 5,140 Posts
    Blog Entries

Yes, RB...Trump.

He is the one rated a total failure and the worst president ever...

...and in my opinion, he is overrated.
    Historians will likely chose Trump, because he was the most obviously incompetent, he lacked a basic understanding of the Constitution... But GWB started two unnecessary wars leading to untold damage to the United States and the deaths of many of our best.

18 U.S. Code § 2071 - Concealment, removal, or mutilation generally
    44 U.S.C. 2202 - The United States shall reserve and retain complete ownership, possession, and control of Presidential records; and such records shall be administered in accordance with the provisions of this chapter.

LOCK HIM UP!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Jarod For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (09-18-2021)

19. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,948 Times in 1,418 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 111 Times in 104 Posts

Worst Presidents for me are the ones that targeted small businesses for destruction- Carter absolute worst, then FDR, Obama make up the top 3. I believe Biden is moving toward those top 3. Trump was not PC, hence the hate from the left. I think the weakest Republican President in my lifetime outside of Nixon was GW Bush or possibly Gerald Ford. Trump for me in 401k earnings alone was the clear winner as I almost made my retirement plan come back after tha hideous legislation called Obamacare passed.

20. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,007 Times in 2,639 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 404 Times in 391 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    I dont know enough to know but based upon an argument I read several years ago that it is Wilson which seemed pretty solid to me that is where I would start.
    Wilson was a raging racist. Abe was first or second best president. Trump is a piece of shit waste of human skin.

About 545,000 results (0.45 seconds)

President Woodrow Wilson And His Racist Legacy - The Atlantichttps://www.theatlantic.com › archive › 2015/11 › wils...
    Nov 27, 2015 — Students at Princeton University are protesting the ways it honors the former president, who once threw a civil-rights leader out of the ...

Woodrow Wilson was extremely racist — even - Voxhttps://www.vox.com › policy-and-politics › 2015/11/20
    Nov 20, 2015 — He called black people "an ignorant and inferior race," and it gets worse.

The Jim Crow Policies of Woodrow Wilson - JSTORhttps://www.jstor.org › stable
    by K O'Reilly · 1997 · Cited by 28 — school." After inviting Booker T. Washington to his 1902 inaugu? ration as president of Princeton University, Wilson spent.

Opinion | I opposed taking Woodrow Wilson's name off our ...https://www.washingtonpost.com › 2020/06/27 › i-opp...
    Jun 27, 2020 — Here's why I changed my mind. A 2015 photo of the then-Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs at Princeton University.

Woodrow Wilson Was Even More Racist Than You Thoughthttps://newrepublic.com › article › woodrow-wilson-rac...
    Jul 6, 2020 — Princeton University could have disassociated itself from the former president a long time ago.
    Place of birth: Staunton
    Party: Democratic Party

Princeton University removes Woodrow Wilson's name from ...https://abc7ny.com › wilson-princeton-woodrow-was-ra...
    Jun 27, 2020 — Princeton University announced the removal of Woodrow Wilson's name from the University's School of Public and International Affairs, ...

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Hoosier Daddy For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (09-18-2021)

22. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

Thumbs up He has problems at home.

The one thug says to the other. What’s up with him?
    The thug replies back. “ He has problems at home.”

It was good seeing you dog. SMP Souf’s Myrtle Posey.
    I’m the pres, you’re the vice, desks the treasurer and knuckle neck is down.

23. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

To Frank Apisa:
    Teachers, authors, and movie producers are responsible for Lincoln’s accolades.

On the other hand, average black Americans cheering for Lincoln have been suckered since the Civil War. In truth, had Lincoln not taken one in the melon he was going to send freed slaves back to Africa.

Did Abraham Lincoln plan to send ex-slaves to Central America after the Civil War?
    By Louis Jacobson
    June 26, 2015

https://www.politifact.com/factcheck...es-central-am/

https://www.justplainpolitics.com/sh...58#post4395958

Parenthetically, Lincoln was a tall ugly man who married a short crazy woman. That is why he always reminded me of the old joke:

After a 6 feet 6 inch man married a miniature wife a friend asked him about intercourse. He replied “She gets on top so it is like jerking off with somebody to talk to.”

24. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Flanders View Post

To Frank Apisa:
    Teachers, authors, and movie producers are responsible for Lincoln’s accolades.

On the other hand, average black Americans cheering for Lincoln have been suckered since the Civil War. In truth, had Lincoln not taken one in the melon he was going to send freed slaves back to Africa.

Did Abraham Lincoln plan to send ex-slaves to Central America after the Civil War?
    By Louis Jacobson
    June 26, 2015

https://www.politifact.com/factcheck...es-central-am/

https://www.justplainpolitics.com/sh...58#post4395958

Parenthetically, Lincoln was a tall ugly man who married a short crazy woman. That is why he always reminded me of the old joke:

After a 6 feet 6 inch man married a miniature wife a friend asked him about intercourse. He replied “She gets on top so it is like jerking off with somebody to talk to.”
    Abraham Lincoln was a great president...and a leader. He may be second best to George Washington...he may be our best president.

Trump is the worst president we've ever had...and hopefully, will be the worst we ever have.

Now, go back to your fantasies. When you take time off to post that bullshit you post, you are wasting valuable whacking off time.