Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The USA has made bribery within government legal

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,593 Times in 4,192 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,203 Times in 1,060 Posts

Default The USA has made bribery within government legal

The three House Dems threatening to kill their party's drug pricing legislation have raked in $1.8 MILLION from pharma donors

Last edited by Cinnabar; 09-16-2021 at 09:58 PM.
    BLUEXIT
    A Modest Proposal For Separating Blue States From Red

Dear Red-State Trump Voter,
    Let’s face it, guys: We’re done.

It is a tragedy that so much of the work that so many men and women toiled at for so long to make this a better country, and a better world, has been thrown away, leaving us all in such needless peril.

This is why our separation in all but name is necessary.

https://newrepublic.com/article/1409...mp-red-america

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Cinnabar For This Post:

Phantasmal (09-17-2021)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,456 Times in 9,911 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 867 Times in 825 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinnabar View Post
    The three House Dems threatening to kill their party's drug pricing legislation have raked in $1.8 MILLION from pharma donors

Incoming attack on Cinnabar by Evince among others shortly. The D's cant abide with anyone actually thinking for themselves outside the box. You MUST be silenced!

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,597 Times in 1,937 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 661 Times in 608 Posts

Actually it is the GQP at selling out to foreign enemies, in particular Russians, etc. that have made the corrupt and un American nature of treason legal in their own seditious and insurrectionist way, which is the result of these hell bound and gutter elements farting tRump on American and humanity as a curse that is still being dealt with in terms of the fallout.

5. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by gemini104104 View Post
    Actually it is the GQP at selling out to foreign enemies, in particular Russians, etc. that have made the corrupt and un American nature of treason legal in their own seditious and insurrectionist way, which is the result of these hell bound and gutter elements farting tRump on American and humanity as a curse that is still being dealt with in terms of the fallout.
    The three examples in the OP are unpatriotic greedy American pigs who decided that lining their pockets with corporate money was preferable to serving their constituents. It's as simple s that.
    BLUEXIT

It is a tragedy that so much of the work that so many men and women toiled at for so long to make this a better country, and a better world, has been thrown away, leaving us all in such needless peril.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cinnabar For This Post:

Jarod (09-17-2021), moon (09-17-2021)

7. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Corruption has been totally legal in America for a very long time.

And it will stay that way until we the people do something about it.

Congress is not going to vote to undo the system that enriches them.

We have to do it. And we can. We have the power. Vote for anti-corruption candidates in your local elections. Get them to pass the American Anti-Corruption Act in your community. That's how it begins to end. Yeah, it will take a long time to fix the problem nationally that way, but what other options do we have? None.

Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Phantasmal (09-17-2021)

9. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,795 Times in 32,158 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

its ironic.....the left hates Trump who wanted open borders for medicines.........the right hates Biden who wants open borders for unvaxxed illegal immigrants.......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

10. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,775 Times in 7,276 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,061 Times in 1,006 Posts

I might have altered the title to read

The USA has made bribery within government necessary.
    Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel. Samuel Johnson, 1775
    Religion....is the opiate of the people. Karl Marx, 1848
    Freedom's just another word for nothin' left to lose. Kris Kristofferson, 1969

11. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 54,787 Times in 33,645 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,065 Times in 4,683 Posts
    Blog Entries

We have a system where our representatives police each other, it doesn’t work, it’s never worked. I’ve been asking the question since Nixon, so I have no answer.

12. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Phantasmal,

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    We have a system where our representatives police each other, it doesn’t work, it’s never worked. I’ve been asking the question since Nixon, so I have no answer.
    Here is the answer:

RepresentUs

"RepresentUs is a nonprofit organization founded in November 2012 that advocates for state and local laws based on model legislation called the American Anti-Corruption Act. It is a proposal to overhaul lobbying, transparency, and campaign finance laws. RepresentUs is headquartered in Florence, Massachusetts and is supported by a national network of volunteer-led chapters.

RepresentUs proposes the passage of anti-corruption laws through ballot initiative processes in cities and states to avoid political gridlock at the federal level.[2] The laws, based on model legislation called the American Anti-Corruption Act, are designed "to protect communities from corruption and build momentum for national reform."[3] Locally initiated ballot measures allow citizens to vote on policy proposals directly.

RepresentUs emphasizes grassroots organizing by using a staff of organizers to help manage its network of volunteers and volunteer-led chapters.[4] The organization also relies on social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram to draw attention to its public education and advocacy campaigns.

According to RepresentUs, they are a nonpartisan organization with a board, staff, and membership composed of liberals, conservatives, and independents. The organization has stated that it neither endorses nor opposes political candidates.

RepresentUs includes two separate but closely affiliated entities: RepresentUs Education Fund 501(c)(3) and RepresentUs 501(c)(4):

RepresentUs Education Fund 501(c)(3) engages in public education, "movement building," and advocacy. It produces written and multimedia content for The Bulletin, an online blog chronicling campaign finance related news.

RepresentUs 501(c)(4) engages in legislative lobbying efforts to support the passage of anti-corruption laws at the municipal, state, and federal levels. " wiki

Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

13. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,632 Times in 21,491 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,633 Times in 5,141 Posts
    Blog Entries

All the Republicans and three Democrats have been bribed.

18 U.S. Code § 2071 - Concealment, removal, or mutilation generally
    44 U.S.C. 2202 - The United States shall reserve and retain complete ownership, possession, and control of Presidential records; and such records shall be administered in accordance with the provisions of this chapter.

LOCK HIM UP!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Jarod For This Post:

PoliTalker (09-17-2021)

15. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

The USA didn't really make bribery legal at all.

It has always been legal; right from the beginning of the nation.

We have simply never done anything to make it illegal.

That's because those on the receiving end of largess are never going to cut it off.

That responsibility falls upon we, the people.

We have the power to fix it. All we have to do is get the word out about how to do it, and then make it happen.

It will take a long time, yes. Might not happen in our lifetimes. But that doesn't mean we should pass the buck. That's the problem. Too many bucks are getting passed. It's a tough problem but not impossible to fix it. It's simply going to be a long process, but absolutely worth it.

The founders gave so much to set up this country and get it going. We inherited it. Now, this responsibility falls upon us to make it better.

Remember. Every long journey begins with one small step. Check out RepresentUs.

Won't hurtcha to just check it out. See what it's all about.

Unless you have a better idea to end corruption.
    Last edited by PoliTalker; 09-17-2021 at 07:46 AM.

16. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,456 Times in 9,911 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 867 Times in 825 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jarod View Post
    All the Republicans and three Democrats have been bribed.

17. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,447 Times in 7,737 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 509 Times in 502 Posts

That's what happens, and it's criminal. Something needs to be done because they voted themselves Lords of the country in the Carter/Reagan years.

Lobbying is bribery and should be outlawed, plain and simple.

Revoke Citizens United, prosecute politicians that take bribes, and get some term limits enacted.

18. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,822 Times in 1,527 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 73 Times in 73 Posts

O sorry I was thinking this was a huntwr biden thread when I saw the header

19. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Phantasmal,

Here is the answer:

RepresentUs

"RepresentUs is a nonprofit organization founded in November 2012 that advocates for state and local laws based on model legislation called the American Anti-Corruption Act. It is a proposal to overhaul lobbying, transparency, and campaign finance laws. RepresentUs is headquartered in Florence, Massachusetts and is supported by a national network of volunteer-led chapters.

RepresentUs proposes the passage of anti-corruption laws through ballot initiative processes in cities and states to avoid political gridlock at the federal level.[2] The laws, based on model legislation called the American Anti-Corruption Act, are designed "to protect communities from corruption and build momentum for national reform."[3] Locally initiated ballot measures allow citizens to vote on policy proposals directly.

RepresentUs emphasizes grassroots organizing by using a staff of organizers to help manage its network of volunteers and volunteer-led chapters.[4] The organization also relies on social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram to draw attention to its public education and advocacy campaigns.

According to RepresentUs, they are a nonpartisan organization with a board, staff, and membership composed of liberals, conservatives, and independents. The organization has stated that it neither endorses nor opposes political candidates.

RepresentUs includes two separate but closely affiliated entities: RepresentUs Education Fund 501(c)(3) and RepresentUs 501(c)(4):

RepresentUs Education Fund 501(c)(3) engages in public education, "movement building," and advocacy. It produces written and multimedia content for The Bulletin, an online blog chronicling campaign finance related news.

RepresentUs 501(c)(4) engages in legislative lobbying efforts to support the passage of anti-corruption laws at the municipal, state, and federal levels. " wiki

A very big part of the problem is the corporate owned MSM where sadly, many Americans rely upon for "news". These media outlets ignore and hide the records of dynasty politicians. And we know who these dynasty politicians are and they members of either of the two parties.
    BLUEXIT