Thread: Australia wants Nuke Subs

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,029 Times in 12,559 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,401 Times in 1,345 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    Primavera is just desperate to find something to disagree with someone.
    He is certainly prone to mood swings.
    This illegal illegitimate regime that runs America is at fault...not me.... they do not represent me and I have long objected to their crimes against humanity.

2. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,022 Times in 8,279 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,673 Times in 2,479 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
    BACK OFF ... The thread title implies the oz folks want nuke capable subs ... in this country when we talk about a nuke sub ... that's what it is. And yes ... THERE IS SOMETHING WRONG WITH THE TITLE.
    There are suitcase nukes, so does that mean my car is a nuclear capable car?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Walt For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (09-16-2021)

4. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Primavera View Post
    I doubt that a diesel powered sub is even capable of reaching Taiwan, which is over 7000 kms from Sydney. The Aussies are being reminded what happened in WW2 when the Japs bombed Darwin.
    Rather than stating your "feelings" about the planned diesel subs, you probably should have bothered looking up the facts. The planned range of the subs was 33,000 kilometers. And of course they could be refueled along the way. One thing the Australians always try to invest in is long range refueling.

The Australians are very concerned that they are out in the middle of nowhere, surrounded by possible large enemy countries, with no large allies in their immediate area. I am sure New Zealand would care if Thailand invaded Australia, but I am not sure it would matter.

If Thailand did attack Australia, which side would you be on?

5. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
    And what about the noise of the propeller ...
    The propeller on a diesel powered sub are basically the same as the propellers on a nuclear powered sub. The difference is the sound of the engine.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Walt For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (09-16-2021)

7. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

And the diesel engines.
    Primavera has a point. I know it happens rarely, and so we should all celebrate it. Everyone congratulate Primavera for being able to say something that has some meaning.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Walt For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (09-16-2021)

9. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    They were not meant to.

The Navy is built for patrolling 100 miles out...that is it.
    The Australian Navy is attempting to protect supply lines to Europe and the USA, which is why they have supply ships. It is a tall order for such a small country (population wise), but they are stuck doing it by geography.

10. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 36 Times in 34 Posts

They cant even effectively run a few old diesel electrics very well, sometimes they have crew for only two of their six Collins Class which are to be retired in 2026, boats which have had a lot of problems. Also, the entire Australian military is and has long been more of a boutique enterprise, they certainly dont for instance have a deep water Navy. Now they have cancelled a 6 year old $90 billion contract (billions wasted) with France for 12 diesel electrics and is instead aiming to run nukes, with the help of the so called UK and America.

Sure, this will work.

BARF

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Collins-class_submarine

https://www.defensenews.com/global/a...ine-ambitions/
    The officials in power are obviously too leftistly and globalistly retarded to be trusted with nukes. I feel that further regressed than Canada empathy for the betrayed citizens.
    We are in an endless duration of constant change where the only thing that doesn't change is that change occurs because energy, matter and time are always present

11. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Australia and Thailand have been having disagreements. I do not think he likes that you brought up Australia.

12. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by David Jeffrey Spetch View Post
    The officials in power are obviously too leftistly and globalistly retarded to be trusted with nukes. I feel that further regressed than Canada empathy for the betrayed citizens.
    Australia has only 25 million people, and is out in the middle of nowhere, surrounded by bigger countries with very different cultures and systems. They have an overpopulated Indonesia with 10 times as many people just to the north. Calling them "globalists" just because they want to keep connected to the global markets seems a bit extreme. It would be like calling Belgium globalists for wanting to stay connected to Europe.

13. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,051 Times in 26,519 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,742 Times in 4,521 Posts
    Blog Entries

No more than you, I'm not having a go at you by the way.

14. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

No more than you, I'm not having a go at you by the way.
    Thailand is building a navy with capabilities of attacking Australia, and Australia is building a navy with capabilities of defending against such an attack. Which side are you on?

15. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,597 Times in 1,937 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 661 Times in 608 Posts

They cant even effectively run a few old diesel electrics very well, sometimes they have crew for only two of their six Collins Class which are to be retired in 2026, boats which have had a lot of problems. Also, the entire Australian military is and has long been more of a boutique enterprise, they certainly dont for instance have a deep water Navy. Now they have cancelled a 6 year old $90 billion contract (billions wasted) with France for 12 diesel electrics and is instead aiming to run nukes, with the help of the so called UK and America.

Sure, this will work.

BARF

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Collins-class_submarine

https://www.defensenews.com/global/a...ine-ambitions/
    Its not necessarily what Australia wants but what the global alliances as in the U.S. stresses. This in order to deal with threats from China, etc. at defending that part of the hemisphere.

Australia: Strategic shifts led it to acquire nuclear subs

CANBERRA, Australia (AP) — Australia has canceled a contract with France for conventional submarines and instead will build nuclear-powered submarines using U.S. technology because of changing strategic conditions in the region, Prime Minister Scott Morrison said Thursday.

President Joe Biden announced on Wednesday a new U.S. security alliance with Australia and Britain that will help equip Australia with a nuclear submarine fleet.

The agreement would make Australia the first country without nuclear weapons to obtain nuclear-powered submarines.

Morrison said U.S. nuclear submarine technology wasn’t available to Australia in 2016 when it entered a 56 billion Australian dollar ($43 billion) deal with France to build 12 of the world’s largest conventional diesel-electric submarines. The United States has previously only shared the technology with Britain."

https://apnews.com/article/joe-biden...961b41a74d9355
    Last edited by gemini104104; 09-16-2021 at 11:41 PM.

16. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by gemini104104 View Post
    Its not necessarily what Australia wants but what the global alliances as in the U.S. stresses. This in order to deal with threats from China, etc. at defending that part of the hemisphere.

CANBERRA, Australia (AP) — Australia has canceled a contract with France for conventional submarines and instead will build nuclear-powered submarines using U.S. technology because of changing strategic conditions in the region, Prime Minister Scott Morrison said Thursday.

President Joe Biden announced on Wednesday a new U.S. security alliance with Australia and Britain that will help equip Australia with a nuclear submarine fleet.

The agreement would make Australia the first country without nuclear weapons to obtain nuclear-powered submarines.

Morrison said U.S. nuclear submarine technology wasn’t available to Australia in 2016 when it entered a 56 billion Australian dollar ($43 billion) deal with France to build 12 of the world’s largest conventional diesel-electric submarines. The United States has previously only shared the technology with Britain."

Biden is a much closer ally to Australia than trump ever was... Then again, just about anyone would be a closer ally than trump.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Walt For This Post:

gemini104104 (09-16-2021)

18. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    The Australian Navy is attempting to protect supply lines to Europe and the USA, which is why they have supply ships. It is a tall order for such a small country (population wise), but they are stuck doing it by geography.
    Australia is doing their part to help try to put up a resistance to the Empire.

It is a lost cause.
    This illegal illegitimate regime that runs America is at fault...not me.... they do not represent me and I have long objected to their crimes against humanity.

19. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by gemini104104 View Post

We shall see if Australia manages to produce anything useful.

I tend to doubt it.