Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Abortion Has Never Been Just About Abortion

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,094 Times in 25,664 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,614 Times in 2,498 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    The framers of the Constitution never in their wildest dreams would have imagined that women would have killed off their own children by the millions.
    Abortion was practiced then, too, and the framers were well aware of this.

"Abortion was frequently practiced in North America during the period from 1600 to 1900. Many tribal societies knew how to induce abortions. They used a variety of methods including the use of black root and cedar root as abortifacient agents. During the colonial period, the legality of abortion varied from colony to colony and reflected the attitude of the European country which controlled the specific colony. In the British colonies abortions were legal if they were performed prior to quickening. In the French colonies abortions were frequently performed despite the fact that they were considered to be illegal. In the Spanish and Portuguese colonies abortion was illegal.

From 1776 until the mid-1800s abortion was viewed as socially unacceptable; however, abortions were not illegal in most states. During the 1860s a number of states passed anti-abortion laws. Most of these laws were ambiguous and difficult to enforce. After 1860 stronger anti-abortion laws were passed and these laws were more vigorously enforced.
    As a result, many women began to utilize illegal underground abortion services."

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/10297561/

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
    ― Charles Dickens

2. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,571 Times in 17,095 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,575 Times in 4,254 Posts

The framers of the Constitution never in their wildest dreams would have imagined that women would have killed off their own children by the millions.
    Abortion existed long before they came along. You have no idea what they were thinking. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/10297561/

3. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,180 Times in 7,089 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,196 Times in 1,111 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    you have a point......I'm sure they would be shocked to see any government act the way Chicago's government acts.......
    Where do you live- let's see how stupid your STATE government is- while we are on the subject!

YOU HOLIER-THAN-THOUST SELF-IMPORTANT ASSHOLES ARE FUCKING AMAZING!

Really BOY, you should just get down on your Knees and give yourself a friendly little reach-around for being such a HOLIER-THAN-THOU TRUMPTARDED FOOL!

Reward yourself for being so fucking great and above everybody else!

4. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,971 Times in 14,557 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 949 Times in 933 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    I've never understood why lib'ruls get off on killing children......
    Power
    IMPEACH 46 FOR TREASON
    Biden/Harris 2024
    IT'S A NO BRAINER!

5. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,971 Times in 14,557 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 949 Times in 933 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Geeko Sportivo View Post
    Nor did our forefathers ever imagine that our well armed militias would murder 50,000 people a year with their Cap & Ball Muskets! [Geeko Sportivo]

Nostradamus they were not! Agree?
    Your numbers are grossly inflated.
    Though they tend to get less attention than gun-related murders In 2017, .... were murders (14,542), according to the CDC. The remainder were unintentional (486), involved law enforcement (553) or had undetermined circumstances (338)
    https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tan...hs-in-the-u-s/

The US has 620,000 abortions a year.
    IMPEACH 46 FOR TREASON
    Biden/Harris 2024
    IT'S A NO BRAINER!

6. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,795 Times in 32,158 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Geeko Sportivo View Post
    Where do you live- let's see how stupid your STATE government is- while we are on the subject!

YOU HOLIER-THAN-THOUST SELF-IMPORTANT ASSHOLES ARE FUCKING AMAZING!

Really BOY, you should just get down on your Knees and give yourself a friendly little reach-around for being such a HOLIER-THAN-THOU TRUMPTARDED FOOL!

Reward yourself for being so fucking great and above everybody else!
    gosh you baby killers are nastier than ever today.....the guilt must be pinching your balls or something.......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

7. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,795 Times in 32,158 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ExpressLane View Post
    Your numbers are grossly inflated. https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tan...hs-in-the-u-s/

The US has 620,000 abortions a year.
    the Guttmacher Institute (the propaganda branch of Planned Parenthood) reports that while declining from over a million a year average in a recent release there were only 862k killings of unborn children in 2017......
    https://www.guttmacher.org/gpr/2019/...s-are-not-main
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

8. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,776 Times in 7,277 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,061 Times in 1,006 Posts

While I've never been a regular fellator of the founders as so may JPP contributors are, one thing they definitely didn't do is establish the nation as a theocracy.

The minute conservatives bring up "God" in a political argument, they're out of bounds. Assess a penalty stroke.
    Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel. Samuel Johnson, 1775
    Religion....is the opiate of the people. Karl Marx, 1848
    Freedom's just another word for nothin' left to lose. Kris Kristofferson, 1969

9. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,145 Times in 10,539 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,987 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Unthinking blobs of cells don't have any rights. Nobody has a right to confer human rights on unthinking blobs of cells.

10. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,574 Times in 2,248 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 161 Times in 153 Posts

That is because you are pretty much devoid of normal Human emotions. Even without meeting you in person I can tell it just from your posts. Willing to bet Im not the only one who sees it either. Basically a souless empty vessel. I feel bad for you truthfully. Lots of people like that in the under 30's these days. No idea why,...just know that it is. No HUMAN in the Human being,...just the BEING. Its sad.

Just because you don't understand the younger generations doesn't mean they're worse than you or not "human beings" 'ya old fuck.

11. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,031 Times in 8,286 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,673 Times in 2,479 Posts

That is because you are pretty much devoid of normal Human emotions. Even without meeting you in person I can tell it just from your posts. Willing to bet Im not the only one who sees it either. Basically a souless empty vessel. I feel bad for you truthfully. Lots of people like that in the under 30's these days. No idea why,...just know that it is. No HUMAN in the Human being,...just the BEING. Its sad.
    You did a good job of translating that post from its original German.

12. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,917 Times in 1,477 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 77 Times in 75 Posts
    Blog Entries

Abortion Has Never Been Just About Abortion

It has ALWAYS been about a rusted out loud noisy muffler.

13. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,396 Times in 3,339 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,121 Times in 1,030 Posts

The framers had the common sense, missing in your case along with any knowledge of history, to realize a fetus is not a child. Abortion was legal at that time and often practiced.

“Abortion was not just legal—it was a safe, condoned, and practiced procedure in colonial America and common enough to appear in the legal and medical records of the period. Official abortion laws did not appear on the books in the United States until 1821, and abortion before quickening did not become illegal until the 1860s. If a woman living in New England in the 17th or 18th centuries wanted an abortion, no legal, social, or religious force would have stopped her.”

https://www.americanprogress.org/iss...ception-right/
    "Give pearls away and rubies but keep your fancy free."

14. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,031 Times in 8,286 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,673 Times in 2,479 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BidenPresident View Post
    The anti-abortion movement has been remarkably successful at convincing observers that the positions individuals take on the abortion issue always follow in a deductive way from their supposed moral principles. They don’t,”

Whites who score high on measures of racial resentment and racial grievance are far more likely to support strict limits on abortion than whites who score low on these measures. This is part of a larger picture in which racial attitudes are increasingly linked with opinions on a wide range of disparate issues including social welfare issues, gun control, immigration and even climate change.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/09/15/o...ervatives.html
    Birth control is the best way to prevent abortion, and yet anti-abortionists are almost always anti-birth control. It says a lot about what they are really for.

15. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,989 Times in 11,516 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,459 Times in 2,200 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    Birth control is the best way to prevent abortion, and yet anti-abortionists are almost always anti-birth control. It says a lot about what they are really for.
    Catholic hypocrisy.