Thread: Insanity! Haven't we "been there, done that, bought the recession"?

1. #1 | Top
    Cancel3 Guest

Default Insanity! Haven't we "been there, done that, bought the recession"?

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...n/6277344.html

This is a program that will take tax dollars and pay off credit card debt or pay down car loans so that potential homeowner's credit scores will be good enough to buy a home.

If their credit score is not good enough to buy a home, maybe they shouldn't be given a loan to buy a home??

Isn't this the exact sort of programs that got us into this mess???

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Solitary View Post

This is a program that will take tax dollars and pay off credit card debt or pay down car loans so that potential homeowner's credit scores will be good enough to buy a home.

If their credit score is not good enough to buy a home, maybe they shouldn't be given a loan to buy a home??

Yeah what I have been saying is that the fools that got us(fools) into this mess are the ones we seem to be expecting out if this mess.
    Unrealistic expectations from more of the same?
    Bush doubled the debt from 5 trillion to 10 trillion.
    Proving tax cuts work!

Bush asked for and signed for the TARP money.
    The Republican senate leader backed Bush on this.

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,610 Times in 10,571 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

We're "fixing" a credit problem by getting a new credit card is what you are saying there, uscitizen... eh?
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 623 Times in 562 Posts

well they killed it, and having lived in Houston they don't have a shortage of people. They have to many fuckers there already.
    The stone that the builder refused
    Will always be the head corner stone

5. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,821 Times in 6,166 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,532 Times in 1,444 Posts
    Blog Entries

Yeah I agree this isn't a good idea.
    "Do not think that I came to bring peace... I did not come to bring peace, but a sword." - Matthew 10:34

6. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Solitary View Post

Imagine that, someone in local government is crazy. Hmm... How did this plan get approved though? Oh wait, it wasn't. I sometimes wonder why the proposal of stupid ideas which are obviously not going anywhere gets press.

7. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,821 Times in 6,166 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,532 Times in 1,444 Posts
    Blog Entries

Yeah the way sol presented it looked like it was from the federal government and had a chance of passing. I see this far too much from the right.
    "Do not think that I came to bring peace... I did not come to bring peace, but a sword." - Matthew 10:34

8. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,610 Times in 10,571 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

ITAM! Where have you been?
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle