Members banned from this thread: BRUTALITOPS, Gin Saké, The Anonymous, Primavera, PostmodernProphet, Legion, Truth Detector, Niche Political Commentor, Superfreak, volsrock, Yurt, Earl, Lord Yurt, OG Yurt and Yakuda


Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 192526272829
Results 421 to 433 of 433

Thread: The God Equation

  1. #421 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    37,436
    Thanks
    19,112
    Thanked 26,174 Times in 13,525 Posts
    Groans
    3
    Groaned 2,351 Times in 2,115 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Dillon View Post
    That's nice, honey.
    I accept your tacit confession that you were unaware humanity has been thinking about moral codes long before Jesus and in areas ranging much farther afield than the Jewish homelands of the eastern Mediterranean.

  2. #422 | Top
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    12,983
    Thanks
    7,592
    Thanked 3,160 Times in 2,718 Posts
    Groans
    356
    Groaned 133 Times in 131 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    I accept your tacit confession that you were unaware humanity has been thinking about moral codes long before Jesus and in areas ranging much farther afield than the Jewish homelands of the eastern Mediterranean.
    I never made such a confession. Who invented music?

  3. #423 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    37,436
    Thanks
    19,112
    Thanked 26,174 Times in 13,525 Posts
    Groans
    3
    Groaned 2,351 Times in 2,115 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Dillon View Post
    I never made such a confession. Who invented music?
    That is why I said your confession was tacit. It is crystal clear you know nothing, nada, zilch about world religions and intellectual traditions and how morality has been a long standing concern of humanity beyond what Rush Limbaugh ordered you to believe about the uniqueness of Christianity.

  4. #424 | Top
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    12,983
    Thanks
    7,592
    Thanked 3,160 Times in 2,718 Posts
    Groans
    356
    Groaned 133 Times in 131 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    That is why I said your confession was tacit. It is crystal clear you know nothing, nada, zilch about world religions and intellectual traditions and how morality has been a long standing concern of humanity beyond what Rush Limbaugh ordered you to believe about the uniqueness of Christianity.
    You're a legend in your own mind boy. Your folly is to assume what I know or don't. You do not know what I know or don't, boy. I know that dead sea scrolls are inline with Bible verses.

    Now you done outed yourself as a complete whacko by dragging out Rush Limbaugh. You do not know the 1st thing about morality.

    An expert you are not.

    So..do you believe in objective or subjective morality?

  5. #425 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    37,436
    Thanks
    19,112
    Thanked 26,174 Times in 13,525 Posts
    Groans
    3
    Groaned 2,351 Times in 2,115 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Dillon View Post
    You're a legend in your own mind boy. Your folly is to assume what I know or don't. You do not know what I know or don't, boy. I know that dead sea scrolls are inline with Bible verses.

    Now you done outed yourself as a complete whacko by dragging out Rush Limbaugh. You do not know the 1st thing about morality.

    An expert you are not.
    Like a gorilla beating their chest, you are all fury but no substance.

    If you believe Christianity is the source of all morality, then explain why Confucius was writing about the Golden Rule and the cultivation of virtue half a millennium before Jesus was born.

  6. #426 | Top
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    12,983
    Thanks
    7,592
    Thanked 3,160 Times in 2,718 Posts
    Groans
    356
    Groaned 133 Times in 131 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    Like a gorilla beating their chest, you are all fury but no substance.

    If you believe Christianity is the source of all morality, then explain why Confucius was writing about the Golden Rule and the cultivation of virtue half a millennium before Jesus was born.
    Go back and quote again, boy.

    The question is: Do you believe in objective or subjective morality?

    I believe the only source of morality is God, the creator of this earth.

    I will be more than happy to point out the folly of what you're thinking shortly.

    This is simple stuff, like..the way the world works.

  7. #427 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    37,436
    Thanks
    19,112
    Thanked 26,174 Times in 13,525 Posts
    Groans
    3
    Groaned 2,351 Times in 2,115 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Dillon View Post
    Go back and quote again, boy.

    The question is: Do you believe in objective or subjective morality?

    I believe the only source of morality is God, the creator of this earth.
    I accept your tacit confession that you were wrong to imply Christianity was the origin and source of morality

  8. #428 | Top
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    12,983
    Thanks
    7,592
    Thanked 3,160 Times in 2,718 Posts
    Groans
    356
    Groaned 133 Times in 131 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    I accept your tacit confession that you were wrong to imply Christianity was the origin and source of morality
    I did NOT confess that. You're a liar for saying I did.

  9. #429 | Top
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    12,983
    Thanks
    7,592
    Thanked 3,160 Times in 2,718 Posts
    Groans
    356
    Groaned 133 Times in 131 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    I accept your tacit confession that you were wrong to imply Christianity was the origin and source of morality
    I'll confess you're an immoral POS and smash your face right into the back of your skull, you turd.

    You can't even argue about morality proper, you're just a fucking idiot.

    You brought some fat bald pillhead guy from the 80s into a discussion about worldwide morality forever. You lose by default for doing so.

    Thanks for playing.
    Last edited by Matt Dillon; 09-21-2021 at 11:45 AM.

  10. #430 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    37,436
    Thanks
    19,112
    Thanked 26,174 Times in 13,525 Posts
    Groans
    3
    Groaned 2,351 Times in 2,115 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Dillon View Post
    I did NOT confess that. You're a liar for saying I did.
    You have shown yourself utterly incapable of showing that Christianity and the Christian God was the origin and source of morality, which is exactly what you implied.

    You are simply not up to the job of supporting your claim. I leave you to wallow in your flaccid, blustering fury.

  11. #431 | Top
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    12,983
    Thanks
    7,592
    Thanked 3,160 Times in 2,718 Posts
    Groans
    356
    Groaned 133 Times in 131 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    You have shown yourself utterly incapable of showing that Christianity and the Christian God was the origin and source of morality, which is exactly what you implied.

    You are simply not up to the job of supporting your claim. I leave you to wallow in your flaccid, blustering fury.
    There is no morality without God.

    He lays down the code. If you're claiming there's something better, provide it.

  12. #432 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    9,391
    Thanks
    978
    Thanked 3,756 Times in 2,703 Posts
    Groans
    18
    Groaned 489 Times in 465 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Dillon View Post
    There is no morality without God.

    He lays down the code. If you're claiming there's something better, provide it.
    You, Miss Kitty, are the one with the burden of proof.

    In that there's no logical evidence of the existence of God,
    you're the one with the fantastic theories.
    Patriotism is the last refuge of a a scoundrel. Samuel Johnson, 1775
    Religion....is the opiate of the people. Karl Marx, 1848

  13. #433 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    16,140
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 4,940 Times in 3,526 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 378 Times in 362 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NiftyNiblick View Post
    You, Miss Kitty, are the one with the burden of proof.

    In that there's no logical evidence of the existence of God,
    you're the one with the fantastic theories.

    For example, Aristotle wrote an Ethics that is still read and respected to this day. Morality is not based on God or belief.

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to BidenPresident For This Post:

    NiftyNiblick (09-21-2021)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-02-2016, 07:17 PM
  2. Media misses half the equation.
    By Jarod in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 05-02-2008, 11:55 AM
  3. An excellent equation
    By TheHighbrow in forum Off Topic Forum
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 07-04-2007, 10:04 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •