1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default Anti Vax / Anti Mask Violence Threat Emerging

This should come as no big surprise:

"There is a small but loud and forceful group of people who object to wearing masks. Studies indicate that those people generally believe they are ineffective and are violating their civil liberties. Some of those people are increasingly behaving in violent and dangerous ways.

As early as July 2020, the Retail Industry Leaders Association expressed alarm over the number of instances of hostility and violence experienced by front-line employees. That same month, a survey of McDonald's employees showed that 44% had experienced verbal or physical abuse from customers not wearing masks.

These repeated incidents necessitated the CDC to offer new guidance for retailers and restaurants on how to prevent workplace violence from customers. These suggestions included installing panic buttons and cameras, and recognizing the signs that angry customers might be on the verge of violence.

In June 2021, a customer shot and killed a cashier and wounded a sheriff's deputy at a supermarket after an argument about face masks.

In August 2021, Christopher Key, who calls himself the "vaccine police," live streamed himself and his "Missouri Crew" entering a Walmart Supercenter. The group was targeting the pharmacists who they believe should be "executed" for administering the COVID-19 vaccine. They berated the workers, informing them they have been put "on notice" and that "if they give one more vaccine … they can be hung up … and executed."

The group brought with them "sworn affidavits" that supposedly proved that 45,000 people had died within days of being vaccinated against COVID-19. That belief is based on a lawsuit filed by a group called America's Frontline Doctors (AFLD), recently described in a Time magazine expose as "the 21st-century, digital version of snake-oil salesmen." AFLD was founded by Dr. Simone Gold, who was arrested for her participation in the U.S. Capitol insurrection on Jan. 6, 2021.

A COVID-19 drive-through testing and vaccination site in Georgia was recently forced to shut down after being threatened by a group of anti-vax protesters. Reports indicated that the health care workers were harassed via email and on social media.

Health care workers have repeatedly faced threats for promoting vaccines, especially prominent public health experts like Dr. Anthony Fauci and Dr. Peter Hotez. Both have faced serious death threats. A man was arrested for allegedly sending threatening messages to Dr. Fauci, saying that he and his family would be "dragged into the street, beaten to death and set on fire." Dr. Hotez notes that the threats faced by health care workers have created "an unprecedented culture of antiscience intimidation."

Three men recently ambushed the principal of a school in Arizona. They brought plastic handcuffs, ready to perform a "citizen's arrest." They were upset about the "injustice" of the principal asking a child to quarantine because of possible exposure to COVID-19. One of the men, Kelly Walker, a well-known anti-masker, live-streamed the event on his business Instagram page.

That same victimized principal described some of the death threats she has been receiving, including this ominous warning: "Next time it will be a barrel pointed at your Nazi face."

There is also evidence that extremist groups such as the Proud Boys are behind some of the anti-mask organizing. As some experts have noted, "violence is at the heart" of their ideology.

At a recent school board meeting in Florida, a woman stated that anyone who believes in vaccines or mask mandates in schools is a "demonic entity" and bears "the mark of the beast." She then warned that "all of us Christians are sticking together to take them all out" adding that "all the police officers that kick us out ... will also be going down with them."

Anti-maskers and anti-vaxxers now present a real threat of violence
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Cypress (09-14-2021), Guno צְבִי (09-14-2021)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,957 Times in 10,497 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 573 Times in 557 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Dutch View Post
    Agreed. Shooting angry Trumpers should be a national pastime.
    Quote Originally Posted by BidenPresident View Post
    Only conclusion. Going to a Christian school causes you to be a mass murderer.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Lionfish For This Post:

Damocles (09-14-2021)

5. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,917 Times in 1,477 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 77 Times in 75 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hmmm ... in the 18th century folks took up arms against what they considered oppression. They chose to deal with it. Now we are supposed to roll over. Hmmm ...

6. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,073 Times in 6,783 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,829 Times in 1,694 Posts

The monster Trump created.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BartenderElite For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (09-14-2021), PoliTalker (09-14-2021), Whythink (09-15-2021)

8. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Bartender,

Quote Originally Posted by BartenderElite View Post
    The monster Trump created.
    Or was it Tucker Carlson.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Whythink (09-15-2021)

10. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,073 Times in 6,783 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,829 Times in 1,694 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Bartender,

Or was it Tucker Carlson.
    Total team effort.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BartenderElite For This Post:

PoliTalker (09-14-2021), Whythink (09-15-2021)

12. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,525 Times in 52,742 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,657 Times in 4,376 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
    Hmmm ... in the 18th century folks took up arms against what they considered oppression. They chose to deal with it. Now we are supposed to roll over. Hmmm ...
    So you want to die on the masks-are-tyranny hill? Knock yourself out then, gramps.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

Cypress (09-14-2021), Whythink (09-15-2021)

14. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

BTW, the mask thing is nothing new. A cadre of covidiots invaded our state house in Lansing in March 2020, protesting masks and social distancing and shut-downs, and screamed (mask-less of course) in the faces of the officers charged with protecting the legislators. Several of them were later arrested for hatching a plot to kidnap and possibly murder the governor.

"Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

Cypress (09-14-2021), PoliTalker (09-14-2021), Whythink (09-15-2021)

16. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    So you want to die on the masks-are-tyranny hill? Knock yourself out then, gramps.
    obtuse much? when you tie the mask wearing/shot getting to losing your job, livelihood, home............that's a hill to kill on
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

17. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello ThatOwlWoman,

BTW, the mask thing is nothing new. A cadre of covidiots invaded our state house in Lansing in March 2020, protesting masks and social distancing and shut-downs, and screamed (mask-less of course) in the faces of the officers charged with protecting the legislators. Several of them were later arrested for hatching a plot to kidnap and possibly murder the governor.

We just have the timid all-talk-no-action types here.

They vent their frustrations here, but when faced with mask requirements in public they quietly comply.

I appreciate the ones who can state their views in a polite way.

If I am not replying to some anti-maskers / anti-vaxxers it is likely because they were unable to remain polite and they have found their way to my permanent Ignore List.
    Last edited by PoliTalker; 09-15-2021 at 05:44 AM.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (09-14-2021), Whythink (09-15-2021)

19. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Last edited by PoliTalker; 09-14-2021 at 10:43 AM.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Whythink (09-15-2021)

21. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SmarterthanYou View Post
    obtuse much? when you tie the mask wearing/shot getting to losing your job, livelihood, home............that's a hill to kill on
    So git out your muskets, boys, and get you to the Capitol in time for the #InsurrectionOf9/18! You #Oathkeeper/Threeper boys are gonna be there too, right?

BTW, medical facilities have *always* required their personnel to practice infection control measures, including being tested for TB (invasive), getting vaccinated, wearing gloves and masks, etc. Don't like it? Get another job. Isn't that the Reichtard mantra?

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

Cypress (09-14-2021), Whythink (09-15-2021)

23. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

So git out your muskets, boys, and get you to the Capitol in time for the #InsurrectionOf9/18! You #Oathkeeper/Threeper boys are gonna be there too, right?

BTW, medical facilities have *always* required their personnel to practice infection control measures, including being tested for TB (invasive), getting vaccinated, wearing gloves and masks, etc. Don't like it? Get another job. Isn't that the Reichtard mantra?
    so you're sticking with obtuse. k
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

24. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Anti-Masker makes plan to 'get even,' waits for employee to get off work, attacks in the parking lot. And it turns into a hate crime...

"It’s the worst incident of “mask rage” in our county since the start of the pandemic: A bank employee apparently was beaten up the evening of Sept. 3 in a racist attack outside the Grover Beach Wells Fargo after he asked a customer to put on a mask.

The victim, who asked us not to use his name, said the customer waited around for a couple of hours and then ambushed him in the parking lot, striking him multiple times and using anti-Latino slurs. That makes this a hate crime."

25. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (09-14-2021)

26. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,567 Times in 17,094 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,575 Times in 4,254 Posts

The left is hated for trying to save the lives of rightys and their families. Such deeds are met with hate and violence. What is wrong with rightys? So much anger and so much hate for people who are trying to save them.
    It is not painful to mask up and a shot is not that painful. You assume that the power to attack them for trying to help you. Where does that come from?
    Stores want to keep their employees and customers safe from a pandemic. How is that an affront to the right?
    The 4th right-wing talk show host who said the vaccine should not be taken died from Covid. That is your real message if you can understand it.

27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nordberg For This Post:

Iolo/Penderyn (09-15-2021), PoliTalker (09-15-2021), Whythink (09-15-2021)