Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: We have never had a more fragile President than Trump

1. #61 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    This is one of so many places, this claimed fact that Trump is fragile, where I am left wondering what is going on....Are they really that ignorant, or are they lying yet again?

It is hard to know....so many Americans are supremely ignorant, but then too so many Americans lie constantly.

Either way people suck now, our ancestors were generally of much better quality.
    First sentence, spot on.

Maybe Reagan, wouldn’t have folded up like a cheap suit in the face of what Trump faced *just from his own party*. The rest never would have survived the primaries.

What the OP mistakes for being thin skinned is Trump hitting back harder than he was hit. On the one hand it was an admirable trait—especially, for a Republican. But it was also his undoing at times. He didn’t need to ‘hit back’ EVERY time and it cost him millions of voters, which is unfortunate because it cost him, us and the movement a second term.

It’s a big reason I’m pulling for DeSantis.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

ExpressLane (09-15-2021), Hawkeye10 (09-15-2021)

3. #62 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,029 Times in 12,559 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,401 Times in 1,345 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    First sentence, spot on.

Maybe Reagan, wouldn’t have folded up like a cheap suit in the face of what Trump faced *just from his own party*. The rest never would have survived the primaries.

What the OP mistakes for being thin skinned is Trump hitting back harder than he was hit. On the one hand it was an admirable trait—especially, for a Republican. But it was also his undoing at times. He didn’t need to ‘hit back’ EVERY time and it cost him millions of voters, which is unfortunate because it cost him, us and the movement a second term.

We really need to get a handle on how bad quality people generally are now, this is taboo to say, and so many think that it cant be true because of how many hours moderns have sat in classrooms and how well credentialed they have, but that is all Bull Shit, because the schools from Pre-K to Post Doc suck ass now.

We also need to understand how profoundly we have been transformed as Christianity has died, we need to see this spiritual crisis that has developed, which promotes fear. .

I say that as a man of Zen, trained in the East, who sees none the less how shallow and empty people are now.
    This illegal illegitimate regime that runs America is at fault...not me.... they do not represent me and I have long objected to their crimes against humanity.

4. #63 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

We really need to get a handle on how bad quality people generally are now, this is taboo to say, and so many think that it cant be true because of how many hours moderns have sat in classrooms and how well credentialed they have, but that is all Bull Shit, because the schools from Pre-K to Post Doc suck ass now.

We also need to understand how profoundly we have been transformed as Christianity has died, we need to see this spiritual crisis that has developed, which promotes fear. .

I say that as a man of Zen, trained in the East, who sees none the less how shallow and empty people are now.
    As Christianity goes—so does the West.

Not a popular sentiment, but it is what it is.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

ExpressLane (09-15-2021), Hawkeye10 (09-15-2021)

6. #64 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

As Christianity goes—so does the West.

Not a popular sentiment, but it is what it is.
    Lots of people in my circle wonder about this, and point out that WOKE is a fucking horrible replacement for Christianity, no matter who badly one evaluates the weaknesses of Christianity WOKE is far far far worse.

And WOKE is a Cult, make no mistakes on that score.
    This illegal illegitimate regime that runs America is at fault...not me.... they do not represent me and I have long objected to their crimes against humanity.

7. #65 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,394 Times in 3,338 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,121 Times in 1,030 Posts

Woodward has not been reliable in a lot of years. He says what he thinks power wants to hear. He is himself one of the most senior of the Failed Intelligentsia.

And no.....Trump acts like he does because it works, not because he is flawed.
    It works and it doesn't work. He's not cooling his heels in Mara Lago because it works. The man is deeply flawed. He has a television personality that works well on impressionable voters or at least has worked so far. Discriminating voters see through him for the ignorant blowhard he is. As for Woodward, his reliability is why his sources trust him.
    "Give pearls away and rubies but keep your fancy free."

8. #66 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,679 Times in 16,485 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 585 Times in 561 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BartenderElite View Post
    Just reading some of the accounts from Woodward's upcoming book. The way other Republican "leaders" (using that term loosely) felt like they had to coddle him, and phrase things in the softest terms so that he could handle what they were trying to say. They talked to him and treated him like he was a child, who could have a tantrum at any moment.

And conservatives, please - you know this is true about the man. This is not "fake news." We've all seen it on display for years, and long before he became President.

I find it mystifying how people talk about him like he's some tough guy or strong leader. He's hypersensitive and weak.
    And no longer President. The only people hypersensitive and weak are people like you. You try to justify the idiot you elected to office based on someone no longer in power.

9. #67 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by martin View Post
    It works and it doesn't work. He's not cooling his heels in Mara Lago because it works. The man is deeply flawed. He has a television personality that works well on impressionable voters or at least has worked so far. Discriminating voters see through him for the ignorant blowhard he is.
    Wrong.

10. #68 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Trump is one of the most skilled politicians of his generation, an accomplishment on top of all of his other accomplishments.

11. #69 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Their spin is the clips were from southern stadiums.

But my political instincts tell me the campus vax mandates are pissing off young people of all stripes.
    So many of the young are completely ignorant sheep....that of course is the trillion dollar question.....how many of the young are better than that in spite of how they have been betrayed by their elders?????

I am trying to be optimistic.

This is hard.

12. #70 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,070 Times in 6,781 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,829 Times in 1,694 Posts

First sentence, spot on.

Okay, I've gotta check: do you REALLY think Trump is not thin-skinned?

13. #71 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

How about his skin is no thinner than the people he punched back on lol?

Can we agree on that much?

14. #72 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Of course he is not....if Trump was thin skinned he would have curled up and given up 30 years ago.

Trump is a solid and stubborn as a OX.

15. #73 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

So many of the young are completely ignorant sheep....that of course is the trillion dollar question.....how many of the young are better than that in spite of how they have been betrayed by their elders?????

I am trying to be optimistic.

This is hard.
    Let me help you be more optimistic lol.

We may be on the cusp of a great awakening.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

Hawkeye10 (09-15-2021)

17. #74 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,070 Times in 6,781 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,829 Times in 1,694 Posts

How about his skin is no thinner than the people he punched back on lol?

Can we agree on that much?
    LOL

Nope.

That's too funny.

18. #75 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Let me help you be more optimistic lol.

We may be on the cusp of a great awakening.
    Others I know to be smart and with good vision tell me the same.

So far I dont see it.