Thread: Sexy AOC Makes A Statement

1. #736 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,733 Times in 4,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,366 Times in 1,291 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cinnabar View Post
    First of all this "loudmouth" is a vey popular left wing comedian who also does political satire and commentary and donates proceeds from his podcast to needy causes. That being said, I read your question 3 times and you need to reword it as I have no idea what you are asking or how it relates to AOC.
    I don't give a damn if he's a Pulitzer prize winner who was knighted by the Queen of England and started a Fresh Air Fund. He's bellowing all types of stuff as if it was EXACTLY what AOC is stating and EXACTLY how the situation is. That is NOT the case....he is WRONG.

Please don't stall, the question is quite simple....junior bellows that AOC's statement dress is lame, low level and damn near ineffectual to change the status quo. I submit: if that is indeed the case, then why do the very economic class that AOC's statement is aimed at spend an awful lot of money and time on the Congress to keep their various tax exemption and such the way they are? Why is this a consistent clash point in the House and Senate? Clearly, AOC has a point that is significant. Agree? If not, give reasons other than what junior is braying. Thanks.
    During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.

George Orwell

2. #737 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,593 Times in 4,192 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,203 Times in 1,060 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Taichiliberal View Post
    I don't give a damn if he's a Pulitzer prize winner who was knighted by the Queen of England and started a Fresh Air Fund. He's bellowing all types of stuff as if it was EXACTLY what AOC is stating and EXACTLY how the situation is. That is NOT the case....he is WRONG.

Please don't stall, the question is quite simple....junior bellows that AOC's statement dress is lame, low level and damn near ineffectual to change the status quo. I submit: if that is indeed the case, then why do the very economic class that AOC's statement is aimed at spend an awful lot of money and time on the Congress to keep their various tax exemption and such the way they are? Why is this a consistent clash point in the House and Senate? Clearly, AOC has a point that is significant. Agree? If not, give reasons other than what junior is braying. Thanks.

And you totally missed the point. AOC's glorified message t-shirt of a dress was nothing more than a deflection away from the fact that she has joined the establishment and so insulting to folks with common sense. Nothing more than a freakin' tweet on the ass of a piece of fabric while the causes she ran on have long been ditched by her. And why are you so goddammed defensive? People who idolize politicians and so-called representatives are ridiculous. The millionaires and billionaires she was drinking champagne with thought it was adorable as they proceeded to continue screwing the unwashed masses. Her dress had zero affect and we don't need awareness raised by someone elected to implement action...not fashion statements. Internet influencers are dime a dozen!
    Last edited by Cinnabar; 09-21-2021 at 10:33 PM.
    BLUEXIT
    A Modest Proposal For Separating Blue States From Red

Dear Red-State Trump Voter,
    Let’s face it, guys: We’re done.

It is a tragedy that so much of the work that so many men and women toiled at for so long to make this a better country, and a better world, has been thrown away, leaving us all in such needless peril.

This is why our separation in all but name is necessary.

https://newrepublic.com/article/1409...mp-red-america

3. #738 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

And you totally missed the point. AOC's glorified message t-shirt of a dress was nothing more than a deflection away from the fact that she has joined the establishment and so insulting to folks with common sense. Nothing more than a freakin' tweet on the ass of a piece of fabric while the causes she ran on have long been ditched by her. And why are you so goddammed defensive? People who idolize politicians and so-called representatives are ridiculous. The millionaires and billionaires she was drinking champagne with thought it was adorable as they proceeded to continue screwing the unwashed masses. Her dress had zero affect and we don't need awareness raised by someone elected to implement action...not fashion statements. Internet influencers are dime a dozen!
    Actually, that was a secondary (if not third point) that junior was raving about. His point: she's sold out because her protest was lame and ineffectual.

Baloney! I've explained twice now why that is just not so.

Let me put it this way......junior could have made an entire program on the real various ways AOC has sold out (comedian/commentator Jimmy Dore is VERY verbose and specific as to how and why). But junior used a poor platform to launch off of.

I'm not defensive....I'm just very adamant and engaged in not letting jokers just say whatever the hell they want because they have a core justifiable complaint.

Again, if her attention getter is so hypocritical, then why did it piss off so many people? She could care less about the attendees of that useless peacock show, it's the voters and her fellow politicians in the up coming elections she aimed at. And she got the message across. You and I talking about it is testament to that.

That's what junior is glossing over in his rant...why are you so god damned intent on defending every facet of it is beyond me.
    During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.

George Orwell

4. #739 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,593 Times in 4,192 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,203 Times in 1,060 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Taichiliberal View Post
    Actually, that was a secondary (if not third point) that junior was raving about. His point: she's sold out because her protest was lame and ineffectual.

Baloney! I've explained twice now why that is just not so.

Let me put it this way......junior could have made an entire program on the real various ways AOC has sold out (comedian/commentator Jimmy Dore is VERY verbose and specific as to how and why). But junior used a poor platform to launch off of.

I'm not defensive....I'm just very adamant and engaged in not letting jokers just say whatever the hell they want because they have a core justifiable complaint.

Again, if her attention getter is so hypocritical, then why did it piss off so many people? She could care less about the attendees of that useless peacock show, it's the voters and her fellow politicians in the up coming elections she aimed at. And she got the message across. You and I talking about it is testament to that.

That's what junior is glossing over in his rant...why are you so god damned intent on defending every facet of it is beyond me.
    AOC has been the MOST ineffectual rep in Congress and it now has become clear why!

AOC 'one of the least effective members of Congress,' study says

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY) was among the least effective members of the last Congress, according to a study from a nonpartisan group.

While AOC introduced 21 'substantive' bills to Congress, her legislation failed to progress any further, according to the Center for Effective Lawmaking - a joint project between Vanderbilt University and the University of Virginia.

None of the legislation received action in committees, floor votes, nor did any become law, according to the data collected from Congress.gov.

Ocasio-Cortez ranked 230th out of 240 Democrats across the country and was dead last among the 19 that are in the state of New York.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...ys/ar-BB1fheEZ
    Cannot expect more from someone who thinks tweets and dress graffiti is being proactive.

I used to support her until she abandoned everything she promised to fight for while she was campaigning. AOC is FOS and I don't support gaslighters.
    BLUEXIT
    A Modest Proposal For Separating Blue States From Red

Dear Red-State Trump Voter,
    Let’s face it, guys: We’re done.

It is a tragedy that so much of the work that so many men and women toiled at for so long to make this a better country, and a better world, has been thrown away, leaving us all in such needless peril.

This is why our separation in all but name is necessary.

https://newrepublic.com/article/1409...mp-red-america

5. #740 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

AOC has been the MOST ineffectual rep in Congress and it now has become clear why!

Cannot expect more from someone who thinks tweets and dress graffiti is being proactive.

I used to support her until she abandoned everything she promised to fight for while she was campaigning. AOC is FOS and I don't support gaslighters.
    Then you better turn in your registered Democrat card and go Independent, because Pelosi ranked 237 on the same study.

Once again, it's essentially guilt by association.....she can't get consensus, she's not radical enough, so ANYTHING she does is automatically given negative criticism.

That's wrong, because there is always the "broken clock syndrome" that most politicians meet during their careers.

I don't blame you if you don't support her, but again junior's jump point criticism is just wrong. And since it's obvious that you and I are NOT going to have any middle ground on that, I'd say we're done here.

George Orwell