Thread: Sexy AOC Makes A Statement

1. #721 | Top
    Living in rural America, "clinging to guns and religion"
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,510 Times in 16,973 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 522 Times in 502 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    Of course not. My bet that Harris will be President.
    How much?
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

2. #722 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,619 Times in 51,914 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,506 Times in 2,463 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RB 60 View Post
    How much?
    $20 donated to JPP in winner's name.
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

AProudLefty (09-19-2021)

4. #723 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 27 Times in 27 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    I hear what you are saying, however i created the site to hold conversations not to proudly feature the ban from thread modification. If folks want to start a new thread with a different ban list on the same subject we normally would allow it. Basically, you didn't want them in your thread and they aren't. The feature isn't designed, or wasn't added, to make folks shut up just because someone who starts a thread dislikes them.
    Who is allowed to put the thread ban in place? The last two threads I've started have thread banned a poster, (admittedly a worthless poster that is banned from this thread) that I never initiated? I've never thread banned since I've been a member of this forum.

5. #724 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,531 Times in 10,535 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by OldMercsRule View Post
    Who is allowed to put the thread ban in place? The last two threads I've started have thread banned a poster, (admittedly a worthless poster that is banned from this thread) that I never initiated? I've never thread banned since I've been a member of this forum.
    Only the OP can ban from the thread when it is built, the Moderators afterward. Also, if a user is banned from the forum itself they will automatically be added to every thread posted in that forum area.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

6. #725 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 27 Times in 27 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    Only the OP can ban from the thread when it is built, the Moderators afterward. Also, if a user is banned from the forum itself they will automatically be added to every thread posted in that forum area.
    Since he is posting all over the place one of yer Mods musta banned him from my threads. He is worthless, butt: I prefer to let anyone post who wishes. Thanks for the reply.

7. #726 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,593 Times in 4,192 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,203 Times in 1,060 Posts

BLUEXIT
    A Modest Proposal For Separating Blue States From Red

Dear Red-State Trump Voter,
    Let’s face it, guys: We’re done.

It is a tragedy that so much of the work that so many men and women toiled at for so long to make this a better country, and a better world, has been thrown away, leaving us all in such needless peril.

This is why our separation in all but name is necessary.

https://newrepublic.com/article/1409...mp-red-america

8. #727 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,632 Times in 4,084 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,357 Times in 1,282 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cinnabar View Post
    Someone clue in this braying jackass: if it was such an inconsequential thing, then why do the wealthy pay heavy "donations" to their flunkies in the Congress to work like hell to make sure their tax rates are not rolled back to the FDR days? Is junior so adverse to actually paying less taxes if the wealthy pick up their end of the national coffers?

Amazing how this loud mouth clown reads in a WHOLE lot of stuff that AOC didn't say.

Some people just like to bitch and moan.
    During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.

George Orwell

9. The Following User Groans At Taichiliberal For This Awful Post:

MAGA MAN (09-21-2021)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Taichiliberal For This Post:

AProudLefty (09-20-2021)

11. #728 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Taichiliberal View Post
    Someone clue in this braying jackass: if it was such an inconsequential thing, then why do the wealthy pay heavy "donations" to their flunkies in the Congress to work like hell to make sure their tax rates are not rolled back to the FDR days? Is junior so adverse to actually paying less taxes if the wealthy pick up their end of the national coffers?

Amazing how this loud mouth clown reads in a WHOLE lot of stuff that AOC didn't say.

What did he say that was incorrect about this ass-backwards corrupt system? And it only exist because it is enabled by the so-called representatives. And that is an undeniable fact!
    BLUEXIT

It is a tragedy that so much of the work that so many men and women toiled at for so long to make this a better country, and a better world, has been thrown away, leaving us all in such needless peril.

12. #729 | Top
    Living in rural America, "clinging to guns and religion"
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,510 Times in 16,973 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 522 Times in 502 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    $20 donated to JPP in winner's name.
    I didn't ask you, coward.
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

13. #730 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RB 60 View Post
    I didn't ask you, coward.
    Jesus, Arbie. Are you going to stalk me on the forum like you did last time?

I hope you understand it makes you look weak, like a pussboy, when you throw your little tantrums across the forum like that pussy Guille.

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son.

14. #731 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

What did he say that was incorrect about this ass-backwards corrupt system? And it only exist because it is enabled by the so-called representatives. And that is an undeniable fact!
    It's not his criticism about the system....it's his lambasting AOC for advocating taxing the wealthy as if it's such a wimpy proposal. Like I said, if it's such a non-starter, then why do the wealthy pay their hacks and flacks in Congress NOT to raise their taxes?
    During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.

George Orwell

15. The Following User Groans At Taichiliberal For This Awful Post:

MAGA MAN (09-21-2021)

16. #732 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

It's not his criticism about the system....it's his lambasting AOC for advocating taxing the wealthy as if it's such a wimpy proposal. Like I said, if it's such a non-starter, then why do the wealthy pay their hacks and flacks in Congress NOT to raise their taxes?
    It is a wimpy proposal and he is actually lambasting the entire system. Her stunt was in fact ridiculous in the scheme of things, and very weak sauce considering the platform she came in claiming to be fighting for .
    Last edited by Cinnabar; 09-21-2021 at 08:26 PM.
    BLUEXIT

17. #733 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

It is a wimpy proposal and he is actually lambasting the entire system. Her stunt was in fact ridiculous in the scheme of things, and very weak sauce considering the platform she came in claiming to be fighting for .
    You and that loud mouth are STILL ducking the crucial question....if it's so lame then why do various PAC's and private donators consistently pad the campaign coffers of their political allies in Congress to make sure that the wealthy keep their various tax exempt status? Every so often it's a tooth & nail fight that spills onto the MSM.

George Orwell

18. #734 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

You and that loud mouth are STILL ducking the crucial question....if it's so lame then why do various PAC's and private donators consistently pad the campaign coffers of their political allies in Congress to make sure that the wealthy keep their various tax exempt status? Every so often it's a tooth & nail fight that spills onto the MSM.
    First of all this "loudmouth" is a vey popular left wing comedian who also does political satire and commentary and donates proceeds from his podcast to needy causes. That being said, I read your question 3 times and you need to reword it as I have no idea what you are asking or how it relates to AOC.
    BLUEXIT

19. #735 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

First of all this "loudmouth" is a vey popular left wing comedian who also does political satire and commentary and donates proceeds from his podcast to needy causes. That being said, I read your question 3 times and you need to reword it as I have no idea what you are asking or how it relates to AOC.
    Care to bet on how many JPP members never heard of you?

It's commendable to help others although the definition of "needy" is wide open to interpretation.

As for Tai Chi, he's ranting a lot but basically he's asking why politicians are allowed to take big donations from Political Action Committees and private donors.

My guess on the answer is Citizens United. Congress could write a law that limits money in politics and is compliant with the Constitution, but they don't seem very motivated to do so.