Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: So, where are we with herd immunity?

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Default So, where are we with herd immunity?

Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

Callinectes (09-15-2021), Stretch (09-14-2021)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,761 Times in 17,091 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,342 Times in 2,261 Posts
    Blog Entries

4. The Following User Says Thank You to AProudLefty For This Post:

PoliTalker (09-13-2021)

5. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,956 Times in 10,497 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 573 Times in 557 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    Don't ask that little prick faucci or the scarf lady, all you will get from them is flip-flopping. I can show you a picture of a real man.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Dutch View Post
    Agreed. Shooting angry Trumpers should be a national pastime.
    Quote Originally Posted by BidenPresident View Post
    Only conclusion. Going to a Christian school causes you to be a mass murderer.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lionfish For This Post:

Callinectes (09-15-2021), Darth Omar (09-13-2021)

7. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,563 Times in 17,090 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,575 Times in 4,254 Posts

Biden is exactly on the right track to fixing the Trumpys Covid mess,once again. he is doing what should be done. https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...solid-science/

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nordberg For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (09-13-2021), PoliTalker (09-13-2021)

9. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Lionfish View Post
    Don't ask that little prick faucci or the scarf lady, all you will get from them is flip-flopping. I can show you a picture of a real man.

I stopped listening to them after the Spring of 2020.

With all the talk and handwringing over the bug I just think it’s interesting there isn’t a ‘daily herd immunity’ thread because the pandemic will only end when we get there. It’s all case numbers, death counts, impending death from football game attendance.

Doesn’t make a lot of sense. Not that much does when it comes to very likely intelligently designed CCP bug.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

Callinectes (09-15-2021)

11. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,071 Times in 6,782 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,829 Times in 1,694 Posts

We simply will not get there with millions now believing that natural immunity - which doesn't last long enough - will get us there...

12. The Following User Says Thank You to BartenderElite For This Post:

PoliTalker (09-13-2021)

13. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    Biden is exactly on the right track to fixing the Trumpys Covid mess,once again. he is doing what should be done. https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...solid-science/
    You’re fricking delusional lol.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

Callinectes (09-15-2021)

15. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,036 Times in 13,846 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,042 Times in 2,838 Posts

Exactly how is he "fucking delusional?"

16. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,563 Times in 17,090 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,575 Times in 4,254 Posts

I know. it right-wing world, science, logic and facts do not exist or are malleable. You are too deep in the Trump sphincter to see daylight.

17. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,168 Times in 7,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,196 Times in 1,111 Posts

Herd immunity is being delayed because of SHEEP MENTALITY and the HERD IGNORANCE OF THE NON-VAXERS!

It's OK, even if it takes years- THE PROBLEM IS RECTIFYING ITSELF AS THE NON-VAXERS ARE DROPPING LIKE FLIES NOW ALREADY!

It's about as stupid as playing Russian Roulette with themselves.

BUT THEY ARE DYING FOR THE DONALD TRUMP CAUSE! WHAT A SACRIFICE! HOW NOBLE IS THAT?

BTW, what is the DONALD TRUMP CAUSE- DOES ANYONE REMEMBER?

Wasn't all of Donald Trump's causes just about him and keeping himself in power anyway?

My only question now is- ARE ALL OF YOU DEAD TRUMPTARDS GOING TO BE VOTING IN THE NEXT ELECTION?

Last edited by Geeko Sportivo; 09-13-2021 at 03:46 PM.

18. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,020 Times in 8,278 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,673 Times in 2,479 Posts

Like a lost step child, herd immunity never gets talked about.

If the CDC’s 83% figure is correct we have to be closing in on it.
    I brought up the fact that Brazil was proving our assumptions about herd immunity wrong, almost a year ago. Brazil is well ahead of us on the road towards herd immunity, and they are not getting it. Even the cities that are well ahead of the average, are not getting it.

The problem is that immunity fades quickly, so we get partial herd immunity, it fades, and there is a new outbreak. Natural herd immunity appears to be unachievable.

Worse yet, we have lost the ability to trace and quarantine spreaders. A hundred years ago, every state and city had departments that did this important work. They, and vaccines, were so successful, they were completely cut.

We need vaccinated herd immunity, all at once, combined with testing, tracing, and quarantining. We can defeat this, but it will require work. I know Republicans hate work, but it is time for them to grow up.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Walt For This Post:

PoliTalker (09-13-2021)

20. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    Exactly how is he "fucking delusional?"
    Where does one start lol?

One is in thinking that somehow a different president was going to affect the outcome in any meaningful way. Does he really think we wouldn’t be struggling with Delta and Mu if Hillary had just won in 2016? It’s absurd on its face. We’re 20 months into this thing and once a virus gets established in a population—any population, we know what comes next, right? We at least know that much, right?

*By the time anyone knew about it, the virus was already established in our population.* The iceberg had already hit the Titanic.

Secondly, this idea is that Biden somehow gets an A+ on Covid is laughable. It was supposed to be over after Trump left him a good supply of vaccines. The difference between us is I don’t view the bug through a partisan prism. Biden’s messaging is all over the lot but, again, the virus doesn’t care about that. We are struggling because the vaccines are arguably NOT vaccines but prophylactic treatments do well in mitigating severe symptoms but, frankly suck, at stopping transmission.

That’s right, I don’t fault Biden for this anymore than I did Trump. It’s China’s fault for—at minimum, lying about human to human transmission while seeding the planet with the bug. And, they very likely designed the damn thing in their Wuhan lab.

But there aren’t any partisan points to be scored with that angle. So, yeah.

21. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,071 Times in 6,782 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,829 Times in 1,694 Posts

Where does one start lol?

One is in thinking that somehow a different president was going to affect the outcome in any meaningful way. Does he really think we wouldn’t be struggling with Delta and Mu if Hillary had just won in 2016? It’s absurd on its face. We’re 20 months into this thing and once a virus gets established in a population—any population, we know what comes next, right? We at least know that much, right?

*By the time anyone knew about it, the virus was already established in our population.* The iceberg had already hit the Titanic.

Secondly, this idea is that Biden somehow gets an A+ on Covid is laughable. It was supposed to be over after Trump left him a good supply of vaccines. The difference between us is I don’t view the bug through a partisan prism. Biden’s messaging is all over the lot but, again, the virus doesn’t care about that. We are struggling because the vaccines are arguably NOT vaccines but prophylactic treatments do well in mitigating severe symptoms but, frankly suck, at stopping transmission.

That’s right, I don’t fault Biden for this anymore than I did Trump. It’s China’s fault for—at minimum, lying about human to human transmission while seeding the planet with the bug. And, they very likely designed the damn thing in their Wuhan lab.

But there aren’t any partisan points to be scored with that angle. So, yeah.
    I mean - you can certainly SAY the bolded. But it doesn't mean the bolded is anywhere near reality.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to BartenderElite For This Post:

PoliTalker (09-13-2021)

23. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    I brought up the fact that Brazil was proving our assumptions about herd immunity wrong, almost a year ago. Brazil is well ahead of us on the road towards herd immunity, and they are not getting it. Even the cities that are well ahead of the average, are not getting it.

The problem is that immunity fades quickly, so we get partial herd immunity, it fades, and there is a new outbreak. Natural herd immunity appears to be unachievable.

Worse yet, we have lost the ability to trace and quarantine spreaders. A hundred years ago, every state and city had departments that did this important work. They, and vaccines, were so successful, they were completely cut.

We need vaccinated herd immunity, all at once, combined with testing, tracing, and quarantining. We can defeat this, but it will require work. I know Republicans hate work, but it is time for them to grow up.
    The study out of Israel showed that natural immunity is markedly better than vax immunity. Surprise-surprise.

The virus mutates too rapidly for us to ‘vaccinate ourselves out of a pandemic’. Zero Covid is a pipe dream and Australia is getting ready to destroy itself chasing after it.

24. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by BartenderElite View Post
    I mean - you can certainly SAY the bolded. But it doesn't mean the bolded is anywhere near reality.
    I can very easily discuss the bug without dragging politics into it. I just did it.

Let’s see you give it a shot.