Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: How Many Died At Footbal Games Yesterday?

1. #136 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,959 Times in 6,246 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 483 Times in 453 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    Do you three girls like to get together, braid each other's hair and gossip about other people too? Do you let Fredo watch from outside the bedroom window?
    Gee, I had no problem noting what a obtuse blowhard Sybil is, however, you can't do the same when another blowhard idiot is of your same political stripe.

And this verbose moron is every bit as much or even more obtuse and sensationalistic than Sybil.

Unfortunately you don't have the spine to admit it because she is "on your team." lol

Pretty cowardly.

2. #137 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

It always does. We bury the dead and move on. What else are we going to do? LOL

Why do you think this thread is retarded? Don't you care about 2000 Americans dying every day with about 99.9% of them voluntarily unvaxxed? By my calculation, there's a strong potential to seeing 500 Americans leave every NFL game as a walking dead man/woman/child. This doesn't even cover how many other unvaxxed people they'll spread the disease to before they clog up an ICU forcing innocent Americans to die of other ailments due to a lack of ICU beds.

While I don't mind stupid people dying, it's seeing them take innocent Americans, stupid or not, with them that hurts the most. Sad.
    If you think 500 people leave with Covid from a game, it sure isn't showing in our hospital admissions and we have NFL games every week.

The whole premise is retarded. One, games are outdoors with ventilation and two, we are obviously reaching herd immunity as much as this hysteric blowhard bleats otherwise.

3. #138 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,426 Times in 52,450 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,513 Times in 2,470 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Life is Golden View Post
    Gee, I had no problem noting what a obtuse blowhard Sybil is, however, you can't do the same when another blowhard idiot is of your same political stripe.

And this verbose moron is every bit as much or even more obtuse and sensationalistic than Sybil.

Unfortunately you don't have the spine to admit it because she is "on your team." lol

Pretty cowardly.
    Disagreed. He's no worse than the average JPP poster and a lot more civil than most. This is a valid thread and the incidents of Americans stupidly ignoring common sense will be a hallmark of this era.

The 1920s were called "the Roaring 20s". Will the 2020s be called "The Crazy Years"? "The Qless Years"?

It'll be another ten years or so before that settles out. I hope to live long enough to satiate my curiosity on how history judges this part of American history.
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

4. #139 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

If you think 500 people leave with Covid from a game, it sure isn't showing in our hospital admissions and we have NFL games every week.

The whole premise is retarded. One, games are outdoors with ventilation and two, we are obviously reaching herd immunity as much as this hysteric blowhard bleats otherwise.
    First, it's just the fans and their families. There's a 10-14 day incubation period while they spread it around like chlamydia at an upper-class private school.

Second, aren't about half out of town fans? Besides, who gives a shit if 1.6% of all fucking morons die and another 2-20% fucked up with long-COVID? I think our nation can stand the loss.

5. #140 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Disagreed. He's no worse than the average JPP poster and a lot more civil than most. This is a valid thread and the incidents of Americans stupidly ignoring common sense will be a hallmark of this era.

The 1920s were called "the Roaring 20s". Will the 2020s be called "The Crazy Years"? "The Qless Years"?

It'll be another ten years or so before that settles out. I hope to live long enough to satiate my curiosity on how history judges this part of American history.
    The average JPP poster doesn't post 5,000 word hysterical posts, is a constant attention whore and with skin thinner than that of a Vidalia onion.

Sorry, but everyone reading this knows it's true. You are just too afraid to admit it. And that is a "she" not a he. An overemotional, thin skinned blowhard with written communication skills for shit.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Life is Golden For This Post:

cancel2 2022 (09-15-2021)

7. #141 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

First, it's just the fans and their families. There's a 10-14 day incubation period while they spread it around like chlamydia at an upper-class private school.

Second, aren't about half out of town fans? Besides, who gives a shit if 1.6% of all fucking morons die and another 2-20% fucked up with long-COVID? I think our nation can stand the loss.
    No, most of the fans here are local. There's a small section of out of owners but most are local or Floridians.

Out of everyone who contracts it, very few die. Seriously. That is simply a fact.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Life is Golden For This Post:

Doc Dutch (09-14-2021)

9. #142 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

The average JPP poster doesn't post 5,000 word hysterical posts, is a constant attention whore and with skin thinner than that of a Vidalia onion.

Sorry, but everyone reading this knows it's true. You are just too afraid to admit it. And that is a "she" not a he. An overemotional, thin skinned blowhard with written communication skills for shit.
    You prefer seeing 15 posts of Sybil posting "Buzzword Fallacy"? Why do you seek to strip any member of their right to post?

If I don't like posts, I skip them and move to ones I like or choose to become involved.

10. #143 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

No, most of the fans here are local. There's a small section of out of owners but most are local or Floridians.

Out of everyone who contracts it, very few die. Seriously. That is simply a fact.
    Agreed, about 1.6% on average. That's what I posted in the numbers post. Do you know what 1.6% o 75,000 stadium fans would be? 1200 body bags.

Someone is going to have to buy a new backhoe. LOL

11. #144 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,320 Times in 9,828 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 510 Times in 483 Posts
    Blog Entries

It always does. We bury the dead and move on. What else are we going to do? LOL

Why do you think this thread is retarded? Don't you care about 2000 Americans dying every day with about 99.9% of them voluntarily unvaxxed? By my calculation, there's a strong potential to seeing 500 Americans leave every NFL game as a walking dead man/woman/child. This doesn't even cover how many other unvaxxed people they'll spread the disease to before they clog up an ICU forcing innocent Americans to die of other ailments due to a lack of ICU beds.

While I don't mind stupid people dying, it's seeing them take innocent Americans, stupid or not, with them that hurts the most. Sad.

On the subject of nutjobs and other assorted flakes, fruits and nuts (The Breakfast Club?) there's this for the more intellectual members to choose to read:

Study: Left-wing authoritarians share key psychological traits with far right
    People with extreme political views that favor authoritarianism—whether they are on the far left or the far right—have surprisingly similar behaviors and psychological characteristics, a new study finds.

The Journal of Personality and Social Psychology published the research by psychologists at Emory University—the first comprehensive look at left-wing authoritarianism.

"We took the long history of research into right-wing authoritarianism and used insights from that to develop a conceptional framework and measures to test for authoritarianism in the political left," says Thomas Costello, an Emory Ph.D. student of psychology and first author of the study. "We found that in terms of their psychological characteristics and their actual behaviors, left-wing authoritarians are extremely similar to authoritarians on the right."...

...In addition to the striking similarities between the two political extremes, the research also highlighted a key difference between the two: Left-wing authoritarians were more likely to perceive the world as a dangerous place and experience intense emotions and a sense of uncontrollability in response to stress. Right-wing authoritarians were more cognitively rigid, less open to new experiences, and less likely to believe in science.

The research does not delineate the prevalence of authoritarianism in society. Like any other personality trait, authoritarianism lies on a spectrum with only a few at the extreme top-end of the scale, Costello says.

"Our work should not be used as a political cudgel," he stresses. "Instead it should be used as a piece of information to help us understand the pull of extremism and intolerance. Having clarity about the appeal of authoritarianism may be relevant to help better understand what's going on in the political landscape today."

Sounds serious.

12. #145 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,676 Times in 14,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,136 Times in 1,080 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    I love NFL football. I watched a few games yesterday.

I was struck by the sight of stadiums full of people.

Almost none of them wearing masks.

Yelling and screaming right next to one another, for hours.

Then going into the halls, going to the bathrooms, filing in and out of the stairwells and ramps all crowded in together. Was there any masking going on there?

It was surreal. It looked like all those people were pretending there was no pandemic at all. A thing of history for them, apparently.

Were there any requirements to show full vaccination or a recent negative test?

What about mask requirements?

Well, it seems that is a mixed bag. It depends on which game one goes to.

"The NFL doesn’t have a set policy for vaccination and mask requirements for fans at games, so teams have different policies in place.

The Las Vegas Raiders announced all fans attending home games will be required to show proof of vaccination for coronavirus. Fans who have not been vaccinated can still attend, as long as they get the shot on-site and wear a mask inside the stadium. Those who are vaccinated will not need to wear masks.

In Florida, Gov. Ron DeSantis has banned vaccine passports, which means businesses cannot ask guests to show proof of vaccination in order for them to access the business or a service.

The NFL is not requiring players to get vaccinated, but has warned teams they could have to forfeit a game if there’s a COVID-19 outbreak among non-vaccinated players. Players on both teams wouldn’t get paid that week.

Buccaneers head coach Bruce Arians says he anticipates his team may be 100% vaccinated by the start of the NFL season."

Buccaneers won’t require fans to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination for games at Raymond James Stadium
    You need a vaccine passport to enter most NFL venues.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Minister of Truth For This Post:

Doc Dutch (09-14-2021), Whythink (09-15-2021)

14. #146 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Agreed, about 1.6% on average. That's what I posted in the numbers post. Do you know what 1.6% o 75,000 stadium fans would be? 1200 body bags.

Ain't happening. Just more histrionics and hysterics from our board blowhard, "Karen."

15. #147 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Ain't happening. Just more histrionics and hysterics from our board blowhard, "Karen."
    Meh. History will record all the unnecessary deaths, stupid deaths, etc. Politicians will point fingers, but in the end, most Americans will realize who are the liars and who are just idiots.

16. #148 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gin Saké View Post
    You need a vaccine passport to enter most NFL venues.
    Sooooo.....all the Trumpers are out in the parking lot spreading COVID over the BBQ?

17. #149 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,492 Times in 7,583 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 274 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Total exaggeration. Of the 75000 most have either had it or are vaccinated or both. Then there’s those that aren’t vaccinated that will never contract it. Odds of anyone dying of COVID from going to a football game is negligible. But you knew that.
    Last edited by anonymoose; 09-14-2021 at 06:55 PM.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to anonymoose For This Post:

Life is Golden (09-14-2021)

19. #150 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by anonymoose View Post
    Total exaggeration. Of the 75000 most have either had it or are vaccinated both. Then there’s those that aren’t vaccinated that will never contract it. Odds of anyone dying of COVID from going to a football game is negligible. But you knew that.
    The figures were based upon antivaxxers. Agreed the deaths now are among the Antivaxxers, not the vaccinated.

FWIW, I support Mother Nature killing off the stupid. Seriously. Stupid people cause 90% of the fucking problems. Let'em die. I'd never want to die of COVID, but if that's what they want, then let'em have it.